Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rise Of The Dragon (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1940)

Kosta 26-12-2004 05:45 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Braindead 26-12-2004 06:50 PM

Wow this looks like a great game!

*pressing download button* :)

wormpaul 26-12-2004 08:12 PM

This looks like a great game..

But read the review...and why this game not a 5 out of 5 ?? :sneaky:

DiamondSoul 26-12-2004 08:31 PM

Graphics look nice for a 1990 game.

Guest 27-12-2004 03:05 AM

does this game need to be run with dos box?
because it comes up as a black screen

Eagle of Fire 27-12-2004 03:28 AM

If you look at the compatibility of the game on the site, you'll see
Quote:

Compatibility :* DOSBox, VDMSound, DOS
which lead me to think you won't be able to play this game under Windows without DOSBox or VDMSound.

goblins 27-12-2004 03:40 AM

correct eagle am not able to get it to work under win 98 either.

Eagle of Fire 27-12-2004 03:44 AM

If you are using Win98 I guess you are in a deadend, because DOSBox doesn't work in Win98.

You may want to try VDMSound, but I'm not sure it will work either.

wendymaree 27-12-2004 03:45 AM

goblins, have you tried running the game using pure Dos? You just change options by clicking on the exe file (or the short cut) and selecting properties, Programs, then Advanced, then select 'MS Dos Mode' if it's not already selected.

goblins 27-12-2004 03:47 AM

havent done so yet wnedy but will give it a go later on thanks

lonesoldier 27-12-2004 02:18 PM

Rotten Game ????

Tom Henrik 27-12-2004 03:08 PM

Yes... Kosta's little joke <_<

Don't mind it. The game is good.

feddx 31-12-2004 12:38 AM

Hullo All...
I LOVE THIS SITE!

I came across it a little bit ago, and evrything I've seen on this site so far has been a gem!

I think that I played this game on a game console years ago (Sega CD, I think...)

I'm looking at all of your stuff, and will try to contribute to the fund soon.

Thank you all!

"When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight!"

-feddx

BC_Druid 16-01-2005 10:39 PM

A huge thanks to the admin and mods for making this site awesome! Found at least three titles so far (this one included) that I've been looking for fer months. Can't wait to try them out! Thanks again! :Titan:

dre 06-02-2005 11:04 PM

one of the greatest games ever on dos!! :ok:

Stig 14-02-2005 03:54 PM

When is Heart of China going to get uploaded. Its a damn fine game. Uses the same engine as this game I recall.

Calamity 14-02-2005 05:55 PM

I used to have the rip of this from HotUD and it was messed it. As soon as you got to the last chapter you were bombarded by the "PLEASE INSERT DISK X" window and it forced you to just shut it down. I'll probably snag it from here though since the game was definately great and deserves to be played all the way through (even though those lousy sewer rats killed me an awful lot).

hessekopp 01-05-2005 10:23 PM

it looks like game "bladerunner" ( a little bit)?!?!?

hmmm. we will see.
i do a load of down :max:

BEST ABANDON SITE EVER!!!
i used only THE UNDERDOGS befor, but the doggi style side is too overloaded , too slow, and the half of the games even dont wanna work!!! grmmmm :ranting:

also bleib ich hier! :ok:

Guest_Mark 26-11-2005 04:21 AM

I bought this game when it first came out -yes, I paid money for it - a lot as I remember.
Takes me back - it was pretty good for it's time - all those moody graphics and it would run on a 286 with 1 meg.

WWNSX 10-12-2005 07:04 AM

Man this game takes me back when i first saw it and played it at a software etc. The graphics at the time were awesome and the sounds especially in blades apt with his sink dripping water and the helicopter flybys made me think i have to get this game. I paid for it too but now with all these new systems it's kind of hard to convert it from 5 and a quarter floppy but lucky me i have a old 5 and a quarter drive and cable and i'm going to try to convert to a disk image to keep for a long time. :)

-WWNSX :bye:

Mysterious Stranger 12-05-2006 08:46 PM

I love this game, but then, I love all sci-fi games. I recently got my hands on the supposedly extremely rare 16 color version of the game, so... yay me. :D

I would recommend looking for the Sega CD version, it's the only one that comes with voice acting, and it's also fairly easy to find, both for sale and download.

Stephan 22-07-2006 05:42 AM

I played this game whn I was a kid. The original may still be in my old house. I wonder if it still works?

Anyhow, it is a great game.. I totally forgot about it until I came a cross this site. I was a big fan of the Sierra / Dynamix games. My first game was Space Quest I. I played on a tandy 1000 TX. It had 3 1/2 " drives!

When are you going to have Thexder here? I love that game too!!

psaiko 22-07-2006 07:58 AM

hey i downloaded the game and played it under WinXp. everything works fine, but when i want to go to blades girlfriends place (i think kayren is her name) the game stops running and crashes -everytime.
do you have this proble mtoo?

The Fifth Horseman 25-07-2006 03:26 PM

Try using DosBox, dude.

Mike Reich 19-09-2006 10:14 PM

Can somebody give me some hints on the wire-puzzle? I'm not much of an electrician...

This game is CLASSY!

thebes 23-09-2006 09:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stig @ Feb 14 2005, 11:54 AM) [snapback]66227[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

When is Heart of China going to get uploaded. Its a damn fine game. Uses the same engine as this game I recall.
[/b]
I had HoC on Amiga. great game but can't get it. it's one of those ESA games.

Guest 10-12-2006 06:51 AM

does anyone know how to actually use the napent after its equipped?! It would seem easy, but i havent found out

Banjo 28-08-2008 10:54 AM

I don't know where else to post this, so figured here at Abandonia might be the best place to start... has anyone ever thought of attempting to rip the speech from the Sega CD version and combining it with the graphics/uncut gameplay of the DOS version? I don't know how possible that is, since I know very little about Sega CD formats, but I know similar things have been attempted with a few games, in attempts to mix PC and Amiga versions, etc.

Collon28 27-04-2009 05:58 PM

My Encounter with the game

I played this many many moons ago (however long ago that was). I got stuck at the phone line in the sewers, not understanding how it worked (I was only like 12 years old when I played it after all).
Having it uploaded here totally rocked and thanks to my neighborhood walkthrough at Gamefaqs.com, I made WAY more progress than before. Unfortunately, when the action sequence started between me and The Snake, the game froze. Apparently my setup with Dosbox (default) isn't favorable with this. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Maxor127 05-05-2009 08:11 AM

I liked this game back in the day, probably just because it was a Sierra game. It's not the greatest, but still enjoyable. I liked the mixture of adventure and the gun sequences.

Balthasar42 19-11-2009 07:45 PM

I'm embarrassed to say that I played this game before I saw Blade Runner as a kid. I kept waiting for the replicants to morph into crazy, bipedal dragons...

CataBina 06-11-2010 08:23 PM

Arcade Scenes: Freeeeeeeze!

A friend of mine is playing this game and has trouble to get through the arcade scenes. Right after starting such a scene, the game freezes. We tried all possible combinations in DOSBox CPU and graphic settings, but nothing helps. Does anybody have a hint? Thanks!

Ironsulfide 25-04-2019 11:23 PM

Rats & Wires timing problem

Hello, In the sewers under Johnny Qwong's place with the Rats & Wires I'm having a problem.

I've watched YouTube videos that show a popup message will appear when the rats first bite you and you need to administer the health kit to heal yourself.

However, I don't get any first popup image notice of the first bite. I've tried 50+ times - no joke :) with different combinations and miltiple saves. When I get to the third wire shunt (no matter what order I use them) I always just die from the rats. And if I try to use the health kit after the second wire shunt is in place, it says I'm not injured and I die immediately when exiting my inventory.

The same thing happens in my original DOS install (I have a DOS PC), and in Windows98 DosBox, and in this GOG version that I bought in hopes of getting past the Johnny Qwong sewer.

Any help, ideas or a savegame just past the wires someone could offer up for me would be great. Thanks.

Neville 18-05-2019 11:00 PM

Some old Sierra games are very sensitive to speed and will have problems when run in newer computers. My advice would be to use DOSBox and set cycles to the lowest playable value (3000 for starters) before entering that part of the game.

If that doesn't work, consult as many walkthroughs as you can find. Maybe there's something you need to do before that part of the game that you haven't.

Ironsulfide 23-05-2019 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neville (Post 483615)
If that doesn't work, consult as many walkthroughs as you can find. Maybe there's something you need to do before that part of the game that you haven't.

Thank you for the reply! I think that is a really good idea, I'll consult many walkthroughs to do everything completely and properly in the game. I have played games before that don't allow for a task to be completed unless some prerequisite trigger was completed.

When I slow down the cycles in DOSBox the mouse moves so slow I have a hard time selecting things at the rights time. I'll give that a try again though.

The current time is 02:39 PM (GMT)