Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wii (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12914)

kajjj 08-12-2006 07:17 PM

I just had my Wii delivered.
Almost smashed my TV playing tennis. :blink:
Got kicked out by my daughter.
Zelda is waiting.
Daughter refuses going to sleep.
Arrrrgh

Morrin 08-12-2006 07:28 PM

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

Not very nice to throw your controller to your new fresh plasma TV.
I think Wii would be excellent drunken playing machine, or excellent disaster in that matter. :D

kajjj 08-12-2006 07:33 PM

I wish I've seen it before I ordered the thing.
It's not plasma, just an 40'' LCD
but it is insured...

Scatty 08-12-2006 09:11 PM

I think my PC is just fine. Modern video consoles aren't that much different from computers anymore, anyway.

troop18546 08-12-2006 09:56 PM

PC rulez. Period.

kajjj 08-12-2006 10:12 PM

you are just a bit narrow-minded

JJXB 08-12-2006 10:45 PM

the wii is good in that it's forcing lazy gamers to get up and actually move (e.g. exercise) but they should strengthen the wrist strap and make the wiimote more grippy to prevent the accidents witnessed on the link given above

Reup 08-12-2006 10:55 PM

I'll wait a while, but next year I'm definitely going to buy a Wii! I even got my girlfriend sort of excited about it... she usually hates games :)

Blood-Pigggy 08-12-2006 11:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Dec 8 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]270923[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

Not very nice to throw your controller to your new fresh plasma TV.
I think Wii would be excellent drunken playing machine, or excellent disaster in that matter. :D
[/b]
That happened to me and the worst that happened is that my TV made a very loud plunk when it got struck by the remote, it'd take a superhuman to throw that lightweight little thing at the speed required to actually break a TV, absolute BS.

Iron_Scarecrow 09-12-2006 12:10 AM

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/750/750001p1.html

JJXB 09-12-2006 12:36 AM

oh, no. i'm hoping that this doesn't end up like the sony dualshock patent infringement case.

Iron_Scarecrow 09-12-2006 12:44 AM

If the Wii does get taken off the market, I'll never get to try the Wiimote. I don't know anyone who would want to buy one... I need new friends.

Blood-Pigggy 09-12-2006 01:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iron_Scarecrow @ Dec 8 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]270963[/snapback]</div>Why don't they just sue them for the Z button on the N64? Seriously, Nintendo didn't sue Sony for its Analog controllers, or the motion sensing (although I think Sony got sued for their motion sensing).

Anyways, Nintendo's lawyers will like, totally crush them.

moogle 09-12-2006 04:37 AM

Yeah.

"Hay guys, heres a free copy of SSBM, now go. Shoo."

I wanna go out and copyright the term "woogle".

Iron_Scarecrow 09-12-2006 08:52 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Dec 9 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]270972[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iron_Scarecrow @ Dec 8 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]270963[/snapback]
Why don't they just sue them for the Z button on the N64? Seriously, Nintendo didn't sue Sony for its Analog controllers, or the motion sensing (although I think Sony got sued for their motion sensing).

Anyways, Nintendo's lawyers will like, totally crush them.
[/b][/quote]
Probably because Nintendo didn't put a patent on them. Also the Z button on N64 came before Interlinks patent.

Blood-Pigggy 09-12-2006 12:26 PM

Well, Interlink blows.

Reup 09-12-2006 01:49 PM

Nintendo will most probably settle. That way they avoid future problems.

troop18546 09-12-2006 09:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kajjj @ Dec 9 2006, 01:12 AM) [snapback]270948[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

you are just a bit narrow-minded
[/b]
I'm just stating a fact, and that is indeed one. PC owns all. From the looks of it (the Wii) they were slacking on the desing, cause all those TV's look like it's WWii not Wii.

kajjj 10-12-2006 07:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(troop18546 @ Dec 9 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]271115[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'm just stating a fact, and that is indeed one. PC owns all. From the looks of it (the Wii) they were slacking on the desing, cause all those TV's look like it's WWii not Wii.
[/b]
I'm not sure I follow. Do you have anything personal against the consoles, or maybe you just didn't play them long enough to actually enjoy it?
I also think PC is the best choice but only when you have to choose.

Reup 10-12-2006 10:14 AM

The Wii is providing a new type of gameplay. Don't expect next-gen graphics, because in that respect it's merely a pimped GameCube. Nintendo chose (wisely imho) to not compete against the PS3, 360 or PC games, that focus on better graphs, sounds, res etc. They chose next-gen gameplay! That's something no PC (or other console for that matter) can offer. Now don't think I'm a Nintendo fanboy (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but such a bold statement "PC Owns all" is pretty simplistic. :not_ok:

Tulac 10-12-2006 11:11 AM

Yeah instead of saying PC owns, you can just say: "I don't play games that much that I would need a machine that's primarily for playing games since what is offered on PC is enough for my personal needs."

troop18546 10-12-2006 01:13 PM

Well, what I originally intended to say was interpreted differently 3 times. Wow. I played consoles nearly as long as I've played a PC. Imho, if I hadn't known what would beat a console - I would've sticked to consoles, not the PC. Pretty much the thing I wanted to say is that while you say that Wii can beat the PC in gameplay (whii - I killed the tvii LOL), but lacks ANYTHING other a PC game can offer. I'm not FORCING anyone to hate the wii or love the pc more by my statement as kajjj probably thought. Oh well.

kura 13-12-2006 12:15 PM

All consoles have their glitches and hiccups, none are perfect as the company's wish to clam.
Look the Xbox 360 came out nearly a year ago (here in the uk) That had quite a few problems, despite Microsoft saying it was perfect. A year on some of the problems (eg: compatibility with Xbox games) is slowly but surely getting solved. The PS3 over here has been delayed due to something being wrong with the battery or something like that. I have heard of other things being wrong but can't remember (because there are sooo many @_@) The Wii's problem with the remote is slowly being solved but they are working on the other faults as well.
So I think what have to keep in mind is, this is no such thing as the perfect gaming machine. Despite what the gaming company's like to tell us. Because what makes them are human hands and humans aren't perfect.

kajjj 13-12-2006 05:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kura @ Dec 13 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]271511[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

All consoles have their glitches and hiccups, none are perfect as the company's wish to clam.
Look the Xbox 360 came out nearly a year ago (here in the uk) That had quite a few problems, despite Microsoft saying it was perfect. A year on some of the problems (eg: compatibility with Xbox games) is slowly but surely getting solved.
[/b]
mine for example likes to freeze after a few hours of playing (without saving :tai: )
but I keep playing Oblivion on the 360
and keep cursing when it freezes...

gregor 14-12-2006 05:28 AM

hmm how about a console with movement sensors that is like those dance dance sensation maschines. only for action. or better yet they should make one to equip the whole room with movement sensors. imagine playing counterstrike like that.

or better yet a hollodeck :D

Danny252 15-12-2006 08:22 PM

Nintendo today recalled more or less all of the controller straps due to them breaking. Only a few million consoles late, eh?

TheGiantMidgit 20-12-2006 03:27 AM

From my experiences with my Wii console, it is an elegant system, not once has this "wrist strap controller throwing wii have a problem" thing ever come up, out of the 30+ friends who have tried it out.

Also, Zelda has blown away the competition once again. The best game I've played this year, possibly ever.

The control is fluid, responsive, precise and intuitive. Firmware upgrades happen on a regular basis, which is nice. For example, I just acquired the ability to peruse the weather forcasts for any major city on the planet, using a three dimensional model earth (developed by NASA) and data from weathernews. The Virtual Console is up, but I can't make consistent commentary here, as the games differ by region. Those in the UK have been receiving different games than those in North America or Japan, for example.

My concerns: The Wii Code system is a pain in the behind, and although it was launched with Zelda (which was worth the system alone), we may be facing a gamecube style drought here, until more third parties jump on board. The next games to look forward to are mostly Nintendo first party titles, which is distressing.

On the other hand, this is an amazingly elegant system, and the fact that I came home from work to find nongaming relatives playing Bowling or Golf, or fishing in Zelda is really a testiment to their "nongamer" philosophy.

The current time is 03:42 AM (GMT)