Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lost Patrol, The (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12472)

marko river 27-10-2006 12:15 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Icewolf 27-10-2006 12:38 PM

Wow, that sooo cool! :brain:

I've always been waiting for that game!!!!

Honestly: Are the screenshots from the Amiga- or the PC-version....? :sneaky:

marko river 27-10-2006 01:20 PM

It's not allowed to put shots taken on other computers. People must see what will they get if they choose to download.

Besides, all games from this period look much better on Amiga. Still, graphics turned out to be good on PC version too. It's the lack of sound that i find very very bad.

Guest 27-10-2006 03:34 PM

Does screenshot #2 show a village being fired upon? ugh

marko river 27-10-2006 03:40 PM

nope, it is a sniper duel, you look for sniper while he is shooting at you

HappyGamer 27-10-2006 05:19 PM

I think I have seem screen shots for this on the amiga and according to the home of the underdogs website that is the better version. I think that they had to scaled down a lot of the game for the pc release.

Mike_Reich 27-10-2006 10:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 27 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]263862[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Does screenshot #2 show a village being fired upon? ugh
[/b]
no, but upon arriving in a village you had the option to question the locals, kill one of them or kill all. war is hell and in this game you're part of it.

zxczxc 27-10-2006 10:18 PM

this game was really good on the amiga , did not play it long enought o finish though

DonCorleone 28-10-2006 12:48 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyGamer @ Oct 27 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]263874[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I think I have seem screen shots for this on the amiga and according to the home of the underdogs website that is the better version. I think that they had to scaled down a lot of the game for the pc release.
[/b]
I don't think that they had to scale this one down in order to convert it to the PC. You have to consider that this IS the VGA version. I think it must have to do with bad laziness...
And...well... back in the days not everyone owned a Soundblaster. So they skipped the music for PC.

@Icewolf: Did you manage to get the original one to run? I hope you can enjoy the real one :w00t:

Nightkin 28-10-2006 10:07 AM

Its a shame that it has so ugly graphics and sounds :angry:
Please, everyone who loves this game: play it with an amiga emulator!!!

Greetings...

PrejudiceSucks 28-10-2006 10:43 AM

Hmm well after playing this, I have to say that it's exactly the type of thing that I'd love to make on Operation Flashpoint :)

Rather a shame about the lack of music on the PC version, mind.

zxczxc 28-10-2006 11:24 AM

one thing about the game ... i don't get how running into a "patrol" ends up being an entire battalion .. l ol

DonCorleone 28-10-2006 07:44 PM

A complete makeover of the amiga version as a pc port would be a really nice thing. Icewolf recommended something like that at reloaded, I believe.

And Yann1: What do you exactly mean with the 'Patrol' and 'Battalion' thing. I don't really get YOU there... but it might just have something to do with me being very narrow minded ^_^

Bartok 28-10-2006 09:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Oct 28 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]264051[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

A complete makeover of the amiga version as a pc port would be a really nice thing. Icewolf recommended something like that at reloaded, I believe.

And Yann1: What do you exactly mean with the 'Patrol' and 'Battalion' thing. I don't really get YOU there... but it might just have something to do with me being very narrow minded ^_^
[/b]
I think Yann1 is referring to the vast number of VC appearing in the bushes during the machinegun-part, a bit too many for just one patrol.

Can anyone tell me how set up scouts? If I click on the Icon in the squad-menu nothing happens.

Guest 29-10-2006 09:00 AM

How do you use the claymore trap in the game?

Guest 06-11-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

no, but upon arriving in a village you had the option to question the locals, kill one of them or kill all. war is hell and in this game you're part of it.[/b]
Can you imagine being lost behind enemy lines and scared out of your wits? You'd kill villagers too if you were terrified of being caught.

And the Cong were far more brutal than the Americans, but everyone hates America because of My Lai.

Guest 13-03-2007 07:09 AM

she lives in toronto, Canada now LOL

WHAT ARE THE CONTROLS?!

Fusch 30-06-2007 07:47 AM

I have no joystick, how can i play the game without joystick?
The game is running much too fast...i cant read the text in the beginning
There is no sound, should`nt there be sound?

_r.u.s.s. 30-06-2007 11:42 AM

use dosbox to run the game so it wont go as fast and have sound.
btw it works with keyboard for me o_O

Guest 30-06-2007 04:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jun 30 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]297240[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

use dosbox to run the game so it wont go as fast and have sound.
btw it works with keyboard for me o_O
[/b]

I did, thx for help
Game is normal speed now. Still no sound.
Maybe i have wrong settings, somehow.

Furthermore the game uses an ingame mouse in some sequences.
The keys for the ingame mouse are O P for right left and A Q for up and down.
Its pretty hard to act fast with those keys...isnt it possible to change them ?

When i use the CTRL F10 mouse in Dosbox
the mouse appears but its not usable for ingame functions.

_r.u.s.s. 30-06-2007 05:40 PM

np. well, do you hear the soft 'throttle throttle' in background when you shot for example? thats all the sounds=/ and the game doesnt support mouse, just the keys or some joystick

Fusch 05-07-2007 03:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 29 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]264126[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

How do you use the claymore trap in the game?
[/b]
I have the same question, but i guess its the same procedure as the questioning in villages;
When you are in a village you can use the button.
So somehow i guess u have to find a claymore or dig them out in the minefield or something.

I`ve got a bug here..i cant se any gunfire in the snipersequences, so i dont know where to aim.
The sequences end always with; You have to hurrie away, somehone gets shot or badly hurt.
Do anyone have the same bug, or maybe a solution?

I remember on the Amiga version was music. Not good musik but still music! (MidiMusic)
Thats why i thought i had no sound. I thought the "Throttle Throttle" sound was a bug :D
Thx for help

AndrewJFisher 16-05-2021 05:53 PM

Game is at Steam, unfortunately the DOS version, which is inferior based on the discussion
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1392750/Lost_Patrol/

Smiling Spectre 17-05-2021 05:06 PM

Um, I believe, it's exactly the same. :)

The current time is 05:47 PM (GMT)