Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ninja Mission (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7215)

Sebatianos 15-09-2005 04:29 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Upton 15-09-2005 05:42 PM

I can remember playing this game off of 5.14 floppy disks back around '87 or '88 when I got it for my birthday. I could never beat it, but spent hours in the wicker chair down the parlour working on it. Brings back some memories, thanks!
--Upton--

Shambler 15-09-2005 06:52 PM

Hmm, this kinda reminds me of Kung Fu for the old NES.

Sebatianos 15-09-2005 06:53 PM

Importaint!

You should slow the DOSBox down (under 100 cycles) before you start the game - the game exits when you press CTRL (and you need to press it to slow the DOSBox down).

You can use the numeric keys - it's easier to do some moves!

This game can also look better, but that can cause it to crash (here's what I've come up within DOSBox, but it's not stable).

http://www.abandonia.com/~sebatianos/ninja.PNG

Xamuel 15-09-2005 07:14 PM

How the hell do i fight/attack???
I tried all keys but i can only walk around (when i press E i can recolor a crosshair?!). No sound and graphics aren't real pretty. :tomato:
I remember there was once a game like this but with sound and better looks!

Sebatianos 15-09-2005 07:25 PM

Use SPACE (instead of FIRE) and the numeric keys to move/hit.

pachoo 15-09-2005 07:28 PM

Wow! I loved this game back in the late 80's. It got me through many lonely Friday nights while I was in high school. :ok:

jvecch 16-09-2005 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Sep 15 2005, 06:53 PM
Importaint!

You should slow the DOSBox down (under 100 cycles) before you start the game - the game exits when you press CTRL (and you need to press it to slow the DOSBox down).

You can use the numeric keys - it's easier to do some moves!

This game can also look better, but that can cause it to crash (here's what I've come up within DOSBox, but it's not stable).

http://www.abandonia.com/~sebatianos/ninja.PNG

that is what it looked like in 88' when i was playing on a macintosh LOL

was my uncles not mine thank god, but i loved that game
good call

MV75 16-09-2005 06:39 AM

I still don't get this game.

I keep going left-right and there are only like ~5 different areas.

What are the keys to this game? Is there a way to go "up" and "down" into new areas?
________
Bbw teen

Xamuel 16-09-2005 08:13 AM

I haven't figured out what the real goal of this game is, because i die way much too easily! :angry:
Guess i'll better find the C64 Version - it's way much better if i reconsider :D
Anyway if you see a black square hole in the ceiling you can jump up! Going down again is simple, by just walking over the hole - and falling down then ;)

MV75 16-09-2005 10:26 AM

Ok cool. I never noticed the holes before. Next it's time to figure out how to get the sword move to work. I know the directions, it's in the review, but I couldn't get him to do it.
________
Vermont Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Sebatianos 16-09-2005 11:08 AM

When facing left press 7 (on the numeric keys on the far right) and space, when turning right - it's number 9. It's much easier then with the arrow keys :ok:

Vitas 16-09-2005 04:23 PM

Oh yeah, ninja... i played it a while back on my Atari ... loved that game:)

Christy 16-09-2005 05:31 PM

Eeeeee! I've been looking for this game for ages. I spent many an hour playing this on my PC Jr when I was 6 or 7. :)

Gaggarin 19-09-2005 09:59 PM

Yeah, I played this game for many tough hours on my C64, ages ago. I didn't beat it. But I remember that I walked through a wall at some point and got to a blue room with alot of karatekas and ninjas.. Wonder if that was a bug??

AsdMaster 20-09-2005 07:53 AM

Starnge
All you people seem to be in your thirties

I'm 15

And this is my third post in 1 year :bye:

Push down and spacebar togather and wait till the enemy comes near you

He wont have a chance

Unless he throws something at you

Now you should do this :kosta:

Guest 24-09-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gaggarin@Sep 19 2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I played this game for many tough hours on my C64, ages ago. I didn't beat it. But I remember that I walked through a wall at some point and got to a blue room with alot of karatekas and ninjas.. Wonder if that was a bug??
NO, it was not. I remember that there was a description of how to enter the secret room in a tips'n tricks part of a computer games magazine. I don't remember, how to enter the room and if it is possible in a PC version though. :ph34r:

Guest 16-11-2005 10:12 PM

Hi
I realy need help I have played this game and gotten 5 idols before dying. I only know this because i tells you that afterwards. What do the idols look like? are they little glowing puddles on the ground that give you health, and how do you use your katana? ive tried a million times and all he does is punch noramaly.

whatshisface 16-11-2005 10:23 PM

Hey Sebatianos, I was wondering how the heck you can get the screen to be colored like you had it a page back. I only know the basic commands for the DOSBox, but im ok computers. Please Help if you have the time.

Oggy 17-11-2005 12:20 AM

Hi

Can somevody be more specific? What secret room? What is in there? It is not Akumas Chamber right!?!

O liked this game alot so please give me an answer!

Oggy

dukenukem1990 28-11-2005 12:31 AM

WOW

hi i'm 15

I think this is one of the best on here
the sword move is great

I don't use dosbox or moslo i play'em on the real thing

maganvox 386-that's my dosbox

thanks for haveing this game on the site!

me_lobo 21-04-2006 08:55 AM

I remember playing this on Atari. Just I got no sound, I mean I got hit sounds but no music. Any idea, or its just the way it is?

Also. I have to run the game below 100 cpu cycles. But I have to slow it down before launching the game since when I press Ctrl the game crashes. This is really annoying.

STuser 05-03-2007 06:08 PM

I played this game for years on my Atari ST. It is winable. Don't just rely on the swords and throwing stars - you can punch, kick, and even knock an enemy out by doing a front flip and landing on top of them. I can't remember all of the joystick moves or key stroke combos, though.

The top level is a single room where you face 5 ninjas in a kind of slow-motion mode.

There was a really cool glitch if you won (at least in the ST version). You could go back through and fight the ninjas on the other levels, but they wouldn't fight back. It was really funny. I'd play and my God-brother would make "dubbed voiceover" type comments.

I remember having both the music and the sound FX. What was cool was, if you won a room and got the music and you waited long enough, the music would change. It was pretty cool. :)

Guest 06-03-2007 08:25 AM

Why is this game in the Crypt??? I thought the Crypt was only for 4 color CGA games... The screenshots show this game has 16 colors. Shouldn't it be moved to the ACTION section?

The current time is 09:32 AM (GMT)