Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lamborghini American Challenge (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=110)

Kosta 11-03-2004 10:37 AM

Lamborghini American Challenge

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Lich 28-12-2004 08:09 PM

Dear site members and Admins i will register to the forum soon... and i love the site but i have a question about this game:
How to buy more exhaust (turbo) please tell me i cant beat the game without that:( cause u only have 1 when u start:(
PLEASE I BEG U HELP ME!!!!

Tom Henrik 28-12-2004 08:15 PM

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can buy turbo for the very first race. You need to win in order to buy more.

Try racing in the easiest races to begin with.

Lich 29-12-2004 02:23 PM

i took 1st place in about 5 races and nuthing:(

panther_512 25-01-2005 12:33 PM

How do I save in this game????

Guest 27-01-2005 06:49 AM

This game is fun, but only for the first 10 races or so.... It gets insanely difficult and the computer CHEATS in later races ( They can go faster than you no matter what - the only way to win is by ramming into them and forcing them off the road several times)

dikel16 20-02-2005 08:06 PM

there are cheats for the game or atleast a walkthrough who tells u whats the best to buy coz im stuck with 5 remaining races that are unbeatable

another_guest 20-02-2005 08:13 PM

I also had to cheat in the end, it's simply too hard to beat :angry:

However, don't use turbos too often, since their total number is quite limited. Once you've used them all, they're permanently out of stock for the rest of the game.
I think they should have lowered the price to enter a race, or raised the gains afterwards. The way it is now, whoever is organizing the races, is making a huge amount of money :D

JT 21-02-2005 05:40 PM

Hey, sorry to bother you guys but I'm a fan of this game and I've been looking for it for a long time on the net...so it was great finding a good playable copy of it on this site BUT I have absolutely NO sound when I play ....can you please help me ????

dikel16 22-02-2005 09:08 AM

if u did cheat in the end can u tell me the cheats? :blink:
and btw how do the turbo looks i only got 1 and i cant find any more :cry:

another_guest 22-02-2005 09:46 AM

I've downloaded a trainer for LAC. One site where you can find it, is
http://www.ag.ru/cheats/2221/8705
but I know for sure there are other sites with a different trainer as well.
Either it's called something like 56869.zip or lamb_trn.zip
I believe both of them work. You'll have to look into the trainer's info to see what they do. Mine gave nearly infinite money.

You can buy more turbo's at the shop, but they're expensive, $50000 apiece. They look like exhausts.

As for getting sound: have you tried ctrl + S ? I'm not sure this works, but for many old games it does.

dikel16 22-02-2005 08:30 PM

do u got msn coz the trainer doesnt work....

another_guest 23-02-2005 09:54 AM

5 minutes of googling and I found the other trainer, the one I used to have:

http://www.avault.com/cheats/download.asp?...file=lambam.zip

The link above is a rather direct link, if it doesn't work, go through http://www.avault.com/cheats/index-p...index=cheats-l

dikel16 23-02-2005 12:09 PM

thx but i dunno how 2 run this trainer (actually i never used trainers coz i didnt know how 2 use them)
can u instruct me?

dikel16 23-02-2005 12:13 PM

i read the instructions at the link u gave me but still when i run the trainer it opens for a mili-sec and closed...

another_guest 23-02-2005 02:12 PM

It took me a while to get it working again, but here is how it goes:

open a dos command prompt (start -> run -> type "cmd" in the box that appears, then click "ok")
go to the directory where LAC.exe and lamb_trn.exe are located (they must be in the same directory!)
type lamb_trn
press enter
you'll see some text appear about the trainer (though what is says is not important)
type lac
press enter

The game will load. After you've picked a character, you'll notice you've an enormous amount of credits.

You'll have to run through this little procedure each time you start with a new player. However, if you load a saved game, you'll automatically get the amount of credits you had when you saved it.
So, if the game was saved with a "normal" amount of credits, there's no way to change it. If you used the trainer for that particular game, giving you something like a million credits by the time you saved, the game will load with the same million credits, regardless of whether you run the trainer before you start LAC.

dikel16 23-02-2005 03:43 PM

dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
it worked
now i completed the game and got bored LOL :sniper:
LOL its not ur fualt im just stupid :crazy:

Wildcard 20-03-2005 08:31 PM

This game would be awesome if it came with some instructions can someone send me instructions for this game?

another_guest 21-03-2005 08:00 AM

Use the mouse to pick characters, to choose your race location, to go to the garage and shop.
During the race: arrow keys for driving, space for turbo (mind you, use it only when you really, really need it, you only get one at the beginning and it will take a while before you've got enough money to buy a second one).

The game itself is pretty straightforward: enter a race, place some bets if you want, race. Only the 1st and 2nd place are quite profitable; 3rd place isn't that great since your prize won't be much more than the entrance fee you paid.
Avoid speeding (later you'll be able to buy a scanner), as it's nearly impossible to outrun the cops once they're on your tail.
Crashing into other cars will cause damage and slow you down. After each race, repair your car at the garage.
If I remember well, there's only 1 slot to save a game.

Any other instructions you need?

worchyld 26-03-2005 12:10 PM

I played the UK version of this game, although it was essentially the same game.

I successfully beat the game - in later levels you can buy a better looking Diablo which is black and has no roof - it doesn't go any faster, but it was pretty cool.

You could also buy more turbos, but I saved them for the qualification rounds (where you had to face on-coming trucks) and for the big money races (I'm talking over 100k) - the trick I found was to make the big money races pay more by making your AI bid more money than you - then you could collect enough money to buy more stuff for your car.

At one point I bought everything, including strangley - shades/glasses. Once bought you could press N on the keyboard during any race and you'd get night-vision - although why this was necessary I don't know - but it sure screws up your eyes though!

The police cars were suped-up BMWs, but what I realised was if you look closely at the cars you overtake, they slow down for the cops - and you can also buy police radar, although this does not work on one level where there are traffic cops with "laser" speed checking devices.

I thought, overall Crazy Cars III (oops, I meant Lamborghini American Challenge) was a good game.

Guest 28-04-2005 09:51 PM

Hey, i just downloaded the game and i would really really like it if someone told me how to save because i cant figure it out.
I tried pushing every button going thrugh every screan even screaming at the PC
PLEASE help me!!!!

another_guest 28-04-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 28 2005, 09:51 PM
Hey, i just downloaded the game and i would really really like it if someone told me how to save because i cant figure it out.
PLEASE help me!!!!

It's only possible to save after every few races, you'll automatically be notified then after finishing a race (your position in the race doesn't matter). And then there's only 1 saving slot, so you might want to backup files containing good saved games if you intend to play them later on.

Lukesed 07-05-2005 05:24 PM

This was my first computer game ever.

Kearnsy 23-07-2005 06:49 AM

Can anyone give me tips for a good start.
Ican still eventually win, but it would be handy to not be overtaken right at the start.

The Dirt 07-12-2005 07:05 AM

I Had one of the cds for this game WHY DID THEY PUT IT ON A CD what a waste
Its Able To Fit In a Floppy. :angry:
OH WELL It was 1994........................Any Way I've Ben looking for this game
:w00t:

Jordan 07-12-2005 09:06 PM

I like this game also..its alright..fun to play if you are bored!

count 02-02-2006 07:11 PM

Hi, great game, but is there anywhere a guide to it? Like about what the stuff in the shop is (the thing for 4000$, is that a radar detector) or any tips about what to buy n stuff (like the tires for 15k$? or is it worth waiting for the spiked ones for 30k$?)

tnx in advance :D

:bye:

Prof 11-02-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by another_guest+Apr 28 2005, 11:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (another_guest @ Apr 28 2005, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Apr 28 2005, 09:51 PM
PLEASE help me!!!!

It's only possible to save after every few races, you'll automatically be notified then after finishing a race (your position in the race doesn't matter). And then there's only 1 saving slot, so you might want to backup files containing good saved games if you intend to play them later on. [/b][/quote]
Hello,I have a question about one of the items in the shop.There is something like a radar (costs 200.000),but have no idea about its function.Thanks.

Sebatianos 11-02-2006 10:11 AM

It should warn you about the police cars.

Prof 11-02-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 11 2006, 11:11 AM
It should warn you about the police cars.
Then what's the difference between the fist item(costs 4.000) and that radar?
Also I'd like to learn more about different tyres(mean their functions),if possible.Thanks.

Sebatianos 11-02-2006 10:32 AM

Haven't played in a while...
If I remember corectly the radar alowed you to find out about cops far in advanced.
Different tyres have different traction and the car performance will change if you switch them. Don't remember exactly which does what.

Kearnsy 11-02-2006 11:50 AM

The different tyres make a HUGE difference to your traction!
and in snow levels they are vital.
I like to buy the speed increase and the 1st tyre upgrade fairly soon. This gives you a good competitive edge in the first few races so you can build some more cash.
The fifth gear gives you a much higher top speed and should also be high on you list of priority items.
...Thats all I can remember right now ...sorry :cry:

Prof 11-02-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kearnsy@Feb 11 2006, 12:50 PM
The different tyres make a HUGE difference to your traction!
and in snow levels they are vital.
I like to buy the speed increase and the 1st tyre upgrade fairly soon. This gives you a good competitive edge in the first few races so you can build some more cash.
The fifth gear gives you a much higher top speed and should also be high on you list of priority items.
...Thats all I can remember right now ...sorry :cry:

Sebatianos wrote that I could switch them,does it mean I can change my tyre during a race?If so which key Should I use?Thanks in advance.

Mighty 25-02-2006 12:36 PM

How does this work? After taking the 1st place in the first race i always have to sell my lambo! I don't know why and how to play this game so that i can go on!?

another_guest 25-02-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mighty@Feb 25 2006, 01:36 PM
How does this work? After taking the 1st place in the first race i always have to sell my lambo! I don't know why and how to play this game so that i can go on!?
Place some heavy bets before racing, then make sure you win...
I think the reward system of the game is absurd, even if you ended in 2nd place every time you'll go broke after a few races.

Guest 06-05-2006 08:24 PM

You cannot save, it happens periodically, usually after you beat the main event (the one with the oncoming trucks)
Slick tires are for rain (I think) and better road handling
Spike tires are for snow
The Night vision goggles are useless and don't do anything (except burn out your eyes)
The turbos are pointless except in the main event or big money events. Do not use the turbo on the very first race - use it on the snow (assuming you have spike tyres) one.
You cannot stop being overtaken when you first start a race, you must keep accelerating and you'll take them over.
The easiest and highest paying mission to go for is the one with the three lanes (first round, near top-left) it is a very, very fast track and turbos are not needed.
The main event on-coming trucks one is the hardest one of them all because damage is increased!
The black diablo does not increase speed, it just looks cool.
Bid twice or thrice but never more than that, always try to make the AI outbid you that way when you win you get tons of money!
Aim for FIRST every time, forget second or third - second is only good in snow or rainy conditions.

This should help!

another_guest 06-05-2006 09:58 PM

I thought the black Lambo had a higher top speed. Not sure though...

PimPamPet 01-08-2006 06:46 AM

This game reminds me of an old Amiga game called Crazy Cars III. Also made by Titus, and it looks nearly exactly the same. Except it's not about Lamborghini's.

Anyway, this game is pretty cool. First car race game I ever played (well, except maybe Lotus II). Classic, worth playing. (I love those character faces.)

Guest 18-08-2006 05:32 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dikel16 @ Feb 23 2005, 01:13 PM) [snapback]70766[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i read the instructions at the link u gave me but still when i run the trainer it opens for a mili-sec and closed...
[/b]
u just have to run lac.exe after this and select a face then u have a lot of money

btw i finished the game without any kind of cheats

the game save to disk every three or four roads

u have to buy pass and then you change of division, there are some divs, when u win all divs u win the game and there is a pic of the car and a beach? i dont remember now xD

btw i would read a manual of this game if anyone know..

Teleneos 29-09-2006 06:50 PM

very good game but parts of it are to difficult :sos: :sos: :sos:

Guest 19-02-2007 01:25 AM

good game
the trainer still works ok
but the finally sucks, ..................yea is vs/truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest 01-08-2007 02:07 AM

good day, fellas. i've read throught the posts by many of you enthusiasts. & i find it rather helpful as i have found the answers i needed. thanks a lot for the posts.

stewie90 04-08-2007 04:26 PM

i have a question about this game:
How to buy more exhaust (turbo) please tell me i cant beat the game without that:( cause u only have 1 when u start:(

_r.u.s.s. 04-08-2007 05:09 PM

in, um, shop?

stewie90 04-08-2007 05:16 PM

loooooooool......
ehm ........
t-h-a-n-k-s

Lady Li 21-08-2007 02:35 AM

This game is crap. Doesn´t worth the hours spent playing it. It´s ridiculous hard, after few races you find yourself furious ´cos you simply cannot save your progress whenever you need it and the PC auto saves it just after you loose an important race. I´ve got all races won in the 4o division, it´s absolutelly impossible doin any of the 3o. If you don´t win ALL races, you just haven´t enough money to keep playing, and as you need to win at least 4 races to save, imagine how absurd is the task. It´s of major importance buying the aditional speeds, I´ve got money only for the 5o one, the 6o costs 100,000 and if you intent to work out the 3o division, you ought buy it before doing the challenge race (which, by the way, is unbelievable easy...)
If anyone had actually finished this game, I would be glad to know how it ends, but I´m sure that no matter the fancy it would be, wont pay the efforts.
For those who are beginig it now, I strongly recommend: There are better, funnier, less stressful games you should try first.

In one word: It´s simply frustrating.

eugene425 05-08-2010 08:36 PM

Well, I think it's time for me to speak. I am passed the whole, though difficult in my last stage. He is in my view altogether impassable. But as for the passage of enough to overcome the main track only. That's all passable.
Which I could give advice? Go first, chase. There is no single route, which I did not pass (except the last segment, as there is something very hard).:OK:

Juan Krlos Surrequetepete 26-02-2013 12:23 AM

Love CC3 more than LAC!!... one advice for those who can't win in first place or can't earn more money or can't feel 4th division: BE PATIENCE!, it took me a lot of practise to win all the races in 1st place, because of course it's almost impossible to rich higher races without enough money. Well bye...

Vigo 17-09-2013 03:58 PM

Youngster

I played months with this game during my young years and i routinely play it through once every year.

For every youngster who gets frustrated: This game was meant to be a challenge !

Back in the years, computer games like Prince of Persia and others were not like the ones today. The entire world was different too. People borned in the 90's and later can't comprehend this just like i can't understand well the world of the 70's and before.

I laugh at people saying the game cheats... No, it is not cheating that during the endgame the AI cars are faster, it was designed like this and it is called challenge ! On the other hand, in strategy games many developpers even today can't build a well working AI so they cheat like hell.

Everybody is so full with ambition and pride that they can't accept that this games are not cakewalk.

Peace !

Neville 24-02-2016 03:20 PM

OK, let me see if I can be helpful.

1) Yes, Crazy Cars III and Lamborghini are essentially the same game. The only differences, as far as I know, are the 2 player mode and the reworked title screen in Lamborghini.

2) Instructions: You can found the manuals for different versions of the game around the web:

- At http://www.cpc-power.com/ , look for Crazy Cars III.

- At http://amiga-manuals.xiik.net/amiga.php , look for CC3 or Lamborghini.

3) NO, THE ENEMY AI DOESN'T CHEAT. Essentially you need to keep your car specifications above the competition, so upgrade your car regularly at the shop after winning every race. Don't bother to save your progress (you're given the opetion every 4-5 races) unless you win EVERY race.

Check out the "Drivers" screen now and then to make sure the enemy cars aren't faster than you. If they are, it's definitely time to upgrade.

4) Upgrades come in two flavours. Flavour one is more speed. Tweaked engines, new gearboxes, nitro chargers, etc. These should be your top priority.

The other flavour is "commodities". Of these, only new tires are essential. Without them you'll be unable to compete on rainy / snowy scenarios.

The rest (police scanners, nigh vision goggles, etc.) are alright to but if you have the spare money, but not essential.

So pretty much that's it. Enjoy the game.

Dani Spain 31-07-2021 02:48 PM

OK so this is 2021 and I just downloaded this epic game for nostalgia and after some struggling I just want to share some tips.

This game can be very challenging specially at the early stages, however I remember beating it up when I was a 10 year old kiddo so it is by no means an impossible game.

The so-epic Lamborghini Diablo is awesome and looks sick. I dreamt about owning one for years. A yellow one of course. Fastest car in game (except for the cop bimmers!!!!) but it handles like shit so... races with extreme curves can be really tough. Apparently everyone and his dog will overtake you while you are trying to get back to the road LOL.

The most important thing is to make wise decissions at Division 4, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on useless upgrades like brakes (do you even brake in this game?).

Here are some MUST DO decissions:

- WIN EVERY RACE, quit the game if you ever lose a race. Being 2nd = losing.
- Absolutely don't save game if you screwed it up. If you feel this already happened, then start from beginning again.
- Play most races, if not all, before jumping to next division.
- AVOID the "ICE race" at division 4.
- TURBOS are actually USELESS at any stage. Very expensive for a tiny advantage. Most times when you use a turbo you end up crashing and not getting any advantage over it.
- Pick races wisely, based on "local difficulty". First, win all "amateur" races. Then go for "average". Then for "good". And so on. Follow this chart it must help you:

- Amateur: you can beat this level with stock speed (272kmh)
- Average: you need 288kmh
- Good: 304kmh
- Competent: 320kmh
- Excellent: 336kmh
- Top Class: you definitely need 352kmh

Each engine/transmission upgrade adds up +16kmh to your max speed, for an absolute top 352kmh once you get all the upgrades from the shop. This happens at division 2.

Try to upgrade your car for those max speeds before entering those race classes. For example if you want to enter an event where locals are "good", your max speed should be at least 304kmh. Don't even try if your Lambo still peaks at 288 or less.

Division 4 is by far the hardest, since you need to make good choices or you end up broke. Things improve in division 3, where you can literally get rich. Fun fact: you can jump to division 2 and then division 1 without even playing any division 2 race because you will have the money for it. Although I don't recommend this strategy.

Once you are in division 3, save enough money for purchasing both set of upgraded tyres (slick tyres and spike tyres). Then complete the ice race at division 3. From this point the game should be considerably easier as tyres improve your handling (just enough for intermediate curves). This is important since HARDCORE, ABSURD CURVES are all present from division 3 which will drive you crazy with stock tyres. I am not sure if spike tyres improve handling on regular tracks. Makes no sense but I have the feeling that they help a bit.

Don't waste money on police detectors, etc. and of course the worst economical decission you can make in this game is purchasing the "new lamborghini". It is just an ugly black car, similar to the rivals cars. It has absolutely no performance gains and looks worse. Stupid way of spending 200,000 bucks.

Rivals "car class" is anecdotical with this guide. Provided you are paying attention to "local difficulty" and complete races based on that, it is all you need to keep winning.

About police: it can be frustrating to get the "offender" title and once you are there chances are you are screwed. Those cops have fastest cars in game. They could beat a Formula 1 with eyes closed LOL. Man this game makes no sense sometimes. If cops are disturbing you, use a turbo if you have one, or restart the race.

*HINT* I have the impression that if your car is fast enough, police doesn't even bother purchasing you and instead goes for another rival. This consistently happens if you are 2 steps above rivals class. For example if locals are average, your max speed is 304, then police ignores you. Or if rivals are excellent and your car peaks at 352. Not sure about this theory bit it happened to me.

WITH THESE TIPS, ONCE YOU REACH DIVISION 1 YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT FOR THE FINAL CHALLENGE AS IT "ONLY" COSTS 500,000 BUCKS. YOUR DECISSION IF YOU WANT TO BEAT THE GAME DIRECTLY, OR HAVE SOME MORE FUN DOING THE DIVISION 1 RACES.

This sums it up pretty much. Hope it can help you.

The current time is 11:01 PM (GMT)