Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Mêlée Island (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Enemy Territory (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=957)

wormpaul 14-10-2004 08:50 AM

Does someone here play also Enemy Territory??

I played it now a year or longer (since the demo with only Fuel Dump was released) and it`s still a great game :ok:

For all who doesn`t know game, take a look at

Enemy Territory

BTW: It`s a free game :Brain: :Brain: :kosta: :kosta:

The Niles 14-10-2004 11:13 AM

I play it regularly. I love it. I usually play the belgium servers.

wormpaul 14-10-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Picard@Oct 14 2004, 11:13 AM
I play it regularly. I love it. I usually play the belgium servers.
wich ip adress??

And your name on the internet?? (just for fun..)

You can find me under:

Wormpaul
LBC-> Worm,paul
Wrl.World.Worm

On of those...but just look for the worm

The Niles 14-10-2004 11:20 AM

use all seeing eye and you will find all the belgium servers. My nick is HerDinky.

wormpaul 20-10-2004 07:58 PM

Strange...

No one else playing this game>??? :help: :help:

Mr.Peskapoe 21-10-2004 03:25 AM

I play it, not very often though...

Fenris 22-10-2004 07:32 AM

I also play it regularly. It really is the most enjoyable team based shooter out there at the moment.
I mostly play on austrian or german servers as long as they host the 6 Map Campaign.

My Nick is Fenris.bot

wormpaul 22-10-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fenris@Oct 22 2004, 07:32 AM
I also play it regularly. It really is the most enjoyable team based shooter out there at the moment.
I mostly play on austrian or german servers as long as they host the 6 Map Campaign.

My Nick is Fenris.bot

alright...ill try to keep an eye on that name :ok:

Ioncannon 02-12-2004 11:26 PM

I might start playin this game. Right now I am playin Counter-Strike:Source though hehehe

Stroggy 03-12-2004 06:17 AM

I used to play it a lot... then I got bored of it.

wormpaul 03-12-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stroggy@Dec 3 2004, 07:17 AM
I used to play it a lot... then I got bored of it.
Just for all:

We got a lot of new maps now and those are very cool and much better then some of the original ones..

And for myself: I played nowadays all the time with a riflenade....loving to kill people with just 1 shot :ok:

Kato 30-07-2005 07:25 PM

Ofcourse i play it, all the time. We should really set up a server for this game!

PrejudiceSucks 30-07-2005 07:48 PM

I used to but then I got bored. Nobody ever talks on it and it gets boring too quickly.

Did you know that they are making a sequel with the Quake 4 engine? It's not going to be free though... :(

Sauvastika 08-08-2005 12:42 AM

I used to play it on the Terminal Insanity server. If I ever decide to return, my name's [DeadValentine].

drumminfreek 11-08-2005 02:18 AM

ive never played it before... is it like Wolfenstein online w/ other peeps??
if it is... it sounds pretty sweet! :D

PrejudiceSucks 11-08-2005 10:06 AM

It´s a lot like the original RCTW online game, but a lot more people play it and the classes are slightly different.

Fawfulhasfury 11-08-2005 01:51 PM

Played it for a long time then deleted it yesterday. =P

Blood-Pigggy 11-08-2005 05:23 PM

It gets boring, really, really, fast.
Of course it's not my kind of game, but I don't like the idea of a game where you're supposed to work in teams but everyone runs around like you're playing a deathmatch.

Shunk Eat Enemy 12-08-2005 01:32 AM

must everyone bash et me and yobor are like the only people that play it here? O.o

has anyone played ANY of the custom maps they are really good what about super gold rush? :cry:

+ i would advise you find yourself a good server and stick to it some of them just suck

Blood-Pigggy 12-08-2005 01:33 AM

I do, it's just that I've been playing it for 2 years, which gets old.

PrejudiceSucks 12-08-2005 10:49 AM

Yeah, the easy way to win is just to get as many Field Ops, Medics and Engineers as possible and basically go around your base, spam it with ammo and med-packs, then blow yourself up a bit, to get everyone some xp from the need for ammo and health, and then smash up all of the MGs so that the Engineers have to go and fix them for easy XP.

Shunk Eat Enemy 12-08-2005 05:21 PM

there are objectives you know... :ranting:

Blood-Pigggy 12-08-2005 08:12 PM

Objectives turn into a mess, most of the time the so called "experts" just stand around in camp sites and kill people then insult them, whereas the real players are trying to get the objectives yet most of the time have no clue what they're doing.
It hard finding people who can actually play the game right, when you do, the games are much faster, intense, and fun.

Shunk Eat Enemy 12-08-2005 09:21 PM

what you just described happens in all games theres gonna be ragers noobs and jerks everywhere

PrejudiceSucks 13-08-2005 03:36 PM

I know there are objectives, but most people just arse around and basically cheat their skills up to a really high level.

Shunk Eat Enemy 13-08-2005 03:42 PM

thats called xp*****ing ive never seen it happen THAT MUCH but if some one shoots me to heal me i will kill them or shoot there helmet off i dont stand for stupidity when i play

btw teamspeak makes it so much more fun i got a buncha freinds on it and we have a blast

Yobor 13-08-2005 05:29 PM

I can't believe you guys are all so down on ET. It is an excellent multiplayer game.

Blood-Pigggy 13-08-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yobor@Aug 13 2005, 12:29 PM
I can't believe you guys are all so down on ET. It is an excellent multiplayer game.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

We're not downing it, I like it myself, I'm just saying the flaws in the game become a drag after you've been playing it for 2 years!

blastradius14 14-08-2005 05:14 PM

Yep. I never have problems with games "getting old", I still play Colonization and Civ1, and love the flaws. They make the game more perfect, those flaws. They show that human beings are capable of making something you will remember for the rest of your life. Enemy territory is one of those where the age of the game will never be a factor in whether I play it or not :ok:

Sauvastika 16-08-2005 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Aug 12 2005, 08:12 PM
Objectives turn into a mess, most of the time the so called "experts" just stand around in camp sites and kill people then insult them, whereas the real players are trying to get the objectives yet most of the time have no clue what they're doing.
It hard finding people who can actually play the game right, when you do, the games are much faster, intense, and fun.

In most games I've played, the real experts are right up in front with a Thompson, kicking arse, and going back to a medic to get healed before going back into the fight, because the only way a team'll get an objective done is if they have a godly player on their team or depend on one another. Sometimes people would try to lay down coverfire or draw fire so an engineer could plant dynomite or repair a tank (usually didn't work, though). Maybe it's just differences between servers, but most games of ET I played depended on a soft teamwork structure.

The only gripe I had was when people abused the panzerfaust.

nextinline 16-03-2010 05:31 PM

DESTROYED MY (old desktop) COMPUTER SPONTANEOUS BSODS SOMETIMES NEVER BOOTS UP INTERNET STOPPED WORKING AND HAD TO BUY A NEW POWER SUPPLY (and had to wipe it out just to get it working again)

The Fifth Horseman 16-03-2010 07:54 PM

A game can't blow up your power supply. Your power supply had to be faulty to begin with, and it's what caused the other problems. The contents of your hard drive were probably recoverable until you formatted it.

... and bloody hell, WTF are you doing posting this in a thread abandoned for last five years?

Professor Oak 16-03-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 400010)
A game can't blow up your power supply. Your power supply had to be faulty to begin with, and it's what caused the other problems. The contents of your hard drive were probably recoverable until you formatted it.

... and bloody hell, WTF are you doing posting this in a thread abandoned for last five years?

It technically can if you leave it in for too long and it overheats itself.

The Fifth Horseman 16-03-2010 08:19 PM

Technically, that's still not the game's fault but the user's.

Fubb 16-03-2010 08:20 PM

LOL

In all seriousness though, i agree with fifth. the power supply _isn't_ part of the computer. You probably got power surged, and unless your power supply was surge proof (e.g we have our computer and our 2 tv's all hooked up to surge bars) thats probably what caused it, i know our hard drive got pwned before we got the surge bar during a lighting storm, but it was ok cause it was only a week after we got the new computer so we got everything fixed fo' FREE, PLAYA

nextinline 18-03-2010 11:56 PM

maybe it was the convoy load of viruses (and dont tell me to stop downloading .... because i dont know what it is)

The current time is 10:54 AM (GMT)