Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Championship Manager (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9227)

Kon-Tiki 20-02-2006 03:50 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + Download

gregor 20-02-2006 04:04 PM

hmm, maybe i am just a bit pumped up because i just came from english class, but someone should correct a bit the mistakes he made in the review.

but Little fish should get an A for effort. :ok:

Gunner4Eva 21-02-2006 05:34 AM

This was the first game that I had ever been addicted to.

Oh sweet memories!

Guest 21-02-2006 05:24 PM

I play Championship Manager from version 01-02, so it means that I'm playing FM 2006 whrite NOW!
So this is how it all begin GOOD TO KNOW

I'm also a member of FM-Serbia comunity so it is my pleasure to invite you all to
Sorry, no advertisment.

Cheers :D

Guest 21-02-2006 05:25 PM

and again I forgot to sign my name :wall:

It's Branislav Pop

The Fifth Horseman 26-07-2006 03:11 PM

If anyone wonders what is going on - Championship Manager has been added to the site a while back.

It seems, however, that the old review was taken down for some reason (no, I've got no idea why/when did that happen). Might also be that some error on the server has wiped it out. Whatever it was, the review simply wasn't there anymore.

With a new entry for the game placed on the site, the updater (guesst) decided that it would be a better idea to fix the review link in the old discussion thread rather then create a new one for what is in all respect one and the same game.

Guest 27-07-2006 12:53 PM

people who like champ man. should try "THE MANAGER" , imo that game is much better than champ man ;)

bruno 27-07-2006 12:57 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 27 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]245442[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

people who like champ man. should try "THE MANAGER" , imo that game is much better than champ man ;)
[/b]
If you talk about this Game, we have here this game, it´s different, but i agree with you.

Shrek 28-07-2006 09:38 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 27 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]245442[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

people who like champ man. should try "THE MANAGER", imo that game is much better than champ man ;)
[/b]
I totally agree with you, just because it was a much simpler game... now a days, these damned manager games are too much complicate, I don't have enough patience to play them - too much statistics, too much info, very little to play there....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Feb 20 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback]208905[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

hmm, maybe i am just a bit pumped up because i just came from english class, but someone should correct a bit the mistakes he made in the review.

but Little fish should get an A for effort. :ok:
[/b]
Yes he does deserve an A for the effort, but don't be to hard on him about his "bad English" - you should see his translation of the review to Portuguese :whistling: (if you understand Portuguese of course) It had almost as many mistakes as the original English version :bleh: :tomato: (just in case someone understands Portuguese and wants to check the review in that language, be aware that I already correct it; however if you still think it can be improved, PM me your suggestions :ok: )

Guest 28-07-2006 01:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little fish @ Jul 27 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]245446[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 27 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]245442[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
If you talk about this Game, we have here this game, it´s different, but i agree with you.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, thats the one.
Missed that game here on the site, hmmm .. must check it in dosbox one day :)
Anyway i played this game to death on my Amiga 500/1200 back in the days and i know the game still have some huge fan base whom still play it regularly .

Guest 28-07-2006 02:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shrek @ Jul 28 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]245615[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Yes he does deserve an A for the effort, but don't be to hard on him about his "bad English" - you should see his translation of the review to Portuguese :whistling: (if you understand Portuguese of course) It had almost as many mistakes as the original English version :bleh: :tomato: (just in case someone understands Portuguese and wants to check the review in that language, be aware that I already correct it; however if you still think it can be improved, PM me your suggestions :ok: )
[/b]
É impress?o minha ou somos mais que as m?es? Já agora aconselho:

Football Fanatic - http://www.thunderbear.com/footy/
Ultimate Soccer Manager 2- (Underdogs)

velik_m 28-07-2006 02:48 PM

i think "this game created a new type of genre for PC" is a bit of a overstatement.

bruno 28-07-2006 02:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 28 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]245649[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shrek @ Jul 28 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]245615[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
É impress?o minha ou somos mais que as m?es? Já agora aconselho:

Football Fanatic - http://www.thunderbear.com/footy/
Ultimate Soccer Manager 2- (Underdogs)
[/b][/quote]

Yes, we are many portuguese here, but we need to talk in english here, the game you call Ultimate soccer manager 2, we have HERE, if you whant more soccer manager games see my signature, they are more there, that i make the review, i hope you enjoy. :ok:

Guest 13-08-2006 11:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gunner4Eva @ Feb 21 2006, 06:34 AM) [snapback]209036[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

This was the first game that I had ever been addicted to.

Oh sweet memories!
[/b]
Gunners fan and champ manager fan!! Thats rare!!! We are a dying breed! Champ manager stole days, months years even!! Was addicted from when it first came out! love it!!
Play with four at the back, three centre mids, one attacking mid, and 2 strikers! never fails. Help me bring scunthorpe from div3 to prem!
Great Memories

Jugster 08-10-2006 04:42 PM

ahem, a new genre, first of its kind indeed. Football Manager was the first of its kind, and that came out on the Sinclair ZX81 in either 81 or 82, and then the Spectrum. Of course the irony is that when the Collyers decide not to do another Champ Manager with Eidos, they immediately signed up with Sega, who had acquired the name rights to... Football Manager. FM 2005 and FM 2006 are the newer versions of champ manager, Champ Manger 2005 and 2006 are a load of crap by a third party company.

Mind you, i reckon FM/CM has totally lost its way now. The skills of the players are virtually irrelevant, and the game is stupidly weighted on historical strength. Get a lower league team into the Premiership and play chelsea and arsenal and you'll see what i mean. You might have done a Wigan by getting there, and stocked the team with world class internationals, but it still treats the team as lower league - you dont have a chance. Really, the best gameplay was in Champ Manger 2, simply because you could achieve real , satifying progress and win things.

Does anyone have a copy? I downloaded one but it needs a NO CD-hack to play. This is annoying as i've bought every version including that one and since then.

bruno 29-10-2006 11:00 PM

I love this game, thanks to the download that works, this is a gift, because it´s hard to find this game, so :kosta:

Guest 28-12-2006 08:03 PM

I'm probably showing my ignorance now but can anyone help me with this...
How do you sell a player... I can't remember how to do it and haven't been able to work it out either. Have tried from numerous menus but cannot seem to work it out.

Please help me! :wallbash:

Pedro 08-06-2007 05:19 PM

ola eu sou o pedro e sou um viciado :)
ando a procura co cm italia com a fiorentina na primeira divisão e com a minha dupla favorita do futebol de sempre Rui Costa + Gabriel Batistuta alguém sabe onde?

p. s. desculpem de aparecer logo a pedinchar, mas tou desesperado ;)

Mighty Midget 08-06-2007 05:25 PM

Ehrm.... in English, please.

keremix 09-06-2007 09:42 PM

i recommend ultima soccer manager 98 instead

pedro 10-06-2007 10:09 PM

sorry, gotta change the glasses :)
i am looking for cm italia with fioretina in first division and with my favourite all time double rui costa + batistuta. i know that for that i need an update but i cannot find it anywhere.
Does anyone know where can i find it?

sorry to apear for the first time and already i am begging :P
thanks

BranjoHello 11-04-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 202517)
I play Championship Manager from version 01-02, so it means that I'm playing FM 2006 whrite NOW!
So this is how it all begin GOOD TO KNOW

I'm also a member of FM-Serbia comunity so it is my pleasure to invite you all to
Sorry, no advertisment.

Cheers :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 202518)
and again I forgot to sign my name :wall:

It's Branislav Pop

Someone wasn't regular at this forum once. :embarassed:

As latter was shown that FM 2006 became my favorite FM(I created an empire out of Thun FC :D), this 2009 is the first one that has 3D, and it's pretty buggy so I don't play it much(:().

As for the first Championship Manager, my friend and I have tried it just for fun but were driven away by its slow processing.

Guest 03-07-2009 11:48 AM

?

Anyone know how to work this on vista?

The Fifth Horseman 03-07-2009 11:58 AM

With DOSBox.

Psychosis 16-08-2009 09:40 AM

Fist of all this game is not the first of its kind , i guess that would be a manager on a zx spectrum or bbc or some computer like that. ( I had a bbc , and it had a football manager and the basics were the same as this one ).

I personaly liked the game anstoss better ( if im not mistaken released in 1990 on Amiga ), ok its a german release ( dont now if there was a english release ) , but still.

It has way more advanced gameplay than championship manager, positioning of players for example , this was later introduced in other football manager games , rather than the position of a player being static like cd , lb and so on , it introduced players playing on multiple positions , for example the left back has also the capability to play left midfield , this player could be set to start on the left back position and advance to the left midfield position to free up other players , this way tactics become way more advanced because one has not only have to choose the position for a player , but also the position relative to another player , this way one could for example set sertain players to overrun an opponents weaker position , this means just like in real football , one player is better playing against a club due to his position and relative position than against another club where another player would be better.

Luchsen 16-08-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychosis (Post 379688)
Fist of all this game is not the first of its kind

Nobody said that. :huh:

The probably first soccer manager was Football Manager for ZXS in 1982.

Kleiton Luiz 19-05-2010 02:55 AM

The best!

Cm is the best game in my opinion!

I played a lot of this game...

Trick #1 - Press both mouse buttons... The time will run faster.
Trick #2 - Kleiton Tactic - I developed this fantastic tactic:

#######CFCFCF#########
#####################
#######CMCMCM########
#####################
LB#####CB#####CB#####RB
##########GK##########

I was Uefa Champions League's Champion with Hartlepool...

LOL

Best regards!
Kleiton Luiz - Brazil

[EDITED]

Peyroteo 02-01-2011 07:46 PM

I´m an huge fan of footbal managing games, but i´ve never played the first cm.
The only problem with this early games, was that they were too easy, I think.

Ripperian 23-07-2018 05:31 PM

wtf

Hi. I started playing recently to this title. Yes, the first & original.
I was already in three teams and I already enjoy it.

I was happening to comment on a possible bug. Old bug indeed. :smile2:

In the first round of the Rumbelows cup we won 3-0 from home. I understand is a 'two-legged tie' round. So, in the next game we lost 0-1 away.

Somebody explain to me how they went through the next round.

:lame:

It's a fantastic and old bug or I'm missing something.

The current time is 01:32 PM (GMT)