Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fallout Tactics (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=848)

Kreepah 26-09-2004 03:02 AM

i just got this game and i thinks its damn good,
but i wanted the 1st one
hows this one differ to the 1st one?
does the first one have different levels and stuff?
thank you all for your time

Eagle of Fire 26-09-2004 07:20 AM

Fallout is a RPG, while Fallout Tactics is, I beleive, more a "Commando" type of game where you have missions to fulfill. It is still the same universe and the same good character development.

I would love to try Fallout Tactics myself, but everywhere I go they can't find it... :(

FreeFreddy 26-09-2004 07:23 AM

Tried at E-Bay?

Eagle of Fire 26-09-2004 07:25 AM

It would be the next logical choice, but I dislike buying online. I do have a credit card, but I don't trust the Internet enough to use it online.

FreeFreddy 26-09-2004 07:40 AM

Actually, in E-Bay you can buy without fearing mostly. I bought myself around 6 things there and anything went fine all the 6 times.

Eagle of Fire 26-09-2004 07:42 AM

That's not going to help me overcome my "fear"... But it's a good try. ;)

Kreepah 27-09-2004 06:59 AM

does anyone know where to get the fallout (1) cheap that will deliver to Australia?
im not getting it at ebay either

Puffin 27-09-2004 07:27 AM

Well, if it helps, I saw some pack with, well I THINK, 3 Fallout games... I'm not quite sure, though..... :rolleyes:
It was in BT, Skeifunni ;)

BlackMageJawa 27-09-2004 10:35 AM

^ That would be the Fallout Ultimate Collection, with Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and a bonus disc full of artwork, promos, a bonus mission, and a set of PnP rules. In the UK, it costs around ?20 new. I got mine preowned for ?14. I've only played the first one so far, and it's very good.

Petter1979 29-09-2004 06:02 PM

Yeah i bought the ultimate collection too, here in denmark, but they dont seem to be able to ship to europe or outside europe. :(

Grundlegod 29-09-2004 11:06 PM

man out herer in the US they sell the first 2 at walmart still for 9.99

Eagle of Fire 29-09-2004 11:10 PM

Not at my WallMart. I'm not in the US...

Milos 08-11-2004 09:52 PM

Fallout tactics is excelent game. It is team based strategy(i call it that way).
And it is not related by story with fallout 1,2 but it is a same world.
It has many rpg elements, and has a nice story.

For those who want to buy it, it's worth searching hard for it.

:ok:

Morrin 09-11-2004 05:53 AM

I just sended my copy of tactics to person who trades it to arcanum. Can't wait to get it!

Tactics had it moments but every time I played it the more it got boring.. unfortunately. Also Im very bored of the theme.

Milos 09-11-2004 10:33 AM

Arcanum is very nice choice, but if you get bored of good games it is probably because you are reading walktroughs and they are spoiling.

Morrin 09-11-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Milos@Nov 9 2004, 11:33 AM
Arcanum is very nice choice, but if you get bored of good games it is probably because you are reading walktroughs and they are spoiling.
I haven't readed spoilers. I've just spended way too much time with those games and I need a long break before returning to them.

I have also played arcanum (just a bit) before it became way too slow with my old computer. Now I have new one and Im excited to play it.

Milos 09-11-2004 04:02 PM

Try pausing some time(few months) before playing game againg

Morrin 10-11-2004 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Milos@Nov 9 2004, 05:02 PM
Try pausing some time(few months) before playing game againg
Yup. Fallout however is so much played throught that It's hard to get to it again without getting yourself bored very quickly.

Rogue 10-11-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gekko@Nov 10 2004, 07:10 AM
Yup. Fallout however is so much played throught that It's hard to get to it again without getting yourself bored very quickly.
Fallout one is great game, nice story line, and it's was very interesting all the way till end. (I did not believe it will finish like that :blink: )

Fallout 2 is great sequel and that game can't get boring because with different character set, different attributes, story might go different way. Also there are tons of mini missions, which I really like. :tomato:

Never tried Fallout Tactics, and did not see it anywhere around here (USA). Are they still selling it, and if they are, do you know where? (I saw 1 and 2 in couple of game shops)
:unsure:

Eagle of Fire 10-11-2004 03:52 PM

You're lucky, I never saw a copy anywhere... :cry:

Rogue 10-11-2004 04:50 PM

Try to get Interplay collection (15 years of Interplay or something like that).

It includes Fallout 1, with couple of neat games such as M.A.X. and Redneck Rampage.

Morrin 11-11-2004 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anubis+Nov 10 2004, 02:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anubis @ Nov 10 2004, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gekko@Nov 10 2004, 07:10 AM
Fallout one is great game, nice story line, and it's was very interesting all the way till end. (I did not believe it will finish like that :blink: )

Fallout 2 is great sequel and that game can't get boring because with different character set, different attributes, story might go different way. Also there are tons of mini missions, which I really like. :tomato:

Never tried Fallout Tactics, and did not see it anywhere around here (USA). Are they still selling it, and if they are, do you know where? (I saw 1 and 2 in couple of game shops)
:unsure: [/b][/quote]
I know. Fallout is a intresting and huge game but I kind of know everything about it. That you have laser guns and power armor at level 2 means that you kind of know everything. :) That's why Im so excited of getting arcanum since I haven't played it much. And the theme is absolutely brilliant!

keremix 06-06-2007 04:51 AM

i didn't like fallout tactics at all... play jagged alliance instead

JJXB 06-06-2007 08:49 AM

i got the fallout ultimate collection as well. fallout tactics is ok but it doesn't quite fit the fallout mould since fallout 1+2 are full RPG's.

Blood-Pigggy 06-06-2007 04:13 PM

I really liked Tactics, it was better than Fallout 2 in my opinion, Fallout 2 was disappointingly unoriginal in aspects of doing anything new, and the humor wasn't as good as the originals, fortunately Tactics fixed that.

gufu1992 07-06-2007 09:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 6 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]293238[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I really liked Tactics, it was better than Fallout 2 in my opinion, Fallout 2 was disappointingly unoriginal in aspects of doing anything new, and the humor wasn't as good as the originals, fortunately Tactics fixed that.
[/b]
Lies! :titan:

12turtle12 08-06-2007 02:50 AM

I'm going to agree with GUFU. I loved Tactics, but 2 IMO was the best of the "series". BTW, if you EVER see 1 or 2 or tactics again, you should pick them up. Has anyone tried Arcanum? I can't find that anywhere.

gufu1992 08-06-2007 03:03 AM

I have both 1 & 2(first one is ripped though - so no talking heads... :(). My friend has tactics - I'll check it out...

Doubler 08-06-2007 01:54 PM

So far I like the first Fallout best. It feels more coherent and solid then the second.
Tactics isn't really my type of game though, and doesn't seem to offer what I like in Fallout.

Blood-Pigggy 08-06-2007 03:11 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Jun 7 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]293418[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 6 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]293238[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Lies! :titan:
[/b][/quote]

No... the second Fallout was pretty much just a $50 packaging of what we already had, and they practically threw away most of the pop culture references that were in the first one for cruder humor.

_r.u.s.s. 08-06-2007 03:56 PM

but it was way cooler than tactics o_O ok, there was 'soemthing new' but why would you change something old if its good? tactics was a WRONG project, they should have worked on fallout 3

Blood-Pigggy 08-06-2007 04:22 PM

Good or not it was little more than an expansion, and I really don't believe it was better than Tactics, I remember more moments from Fallout and Tactics than I do from Fallout 2, it just wasn't as memorable as the Master from Fallout or the insane scenarios that happened in Fallout Tactics.

You're never going to experience driving an APC into enemy territory, have them all start chasing you, then crawl over a mine field while disarming them, and planting explosives in their place, then have your enemy run over them blowing themselves up.

For all Fallout 2's generic feeling, Tactics made up for that with a much better combat system.
Also Van Buren was lame.

_r.u.s.s. 08-06-2007 04:34 PM

no way... turn based combat system was way cooler than tatcis.

in tacticst here were loads of apcs, mines and stuff, but it was Boring as hell. and linear. they sent you from a mission to a mission.. while in fallout you could discover whole post apocalyptic world and do quests in any city for any people. not go-kill go-kill from tactis. thats realy annoyng in my opinion.

and btw i have no clue who van buren is

Blood-Pigggy 08-06-2007 04:51 PM

Um, Tactics could be played in both turn based and real time doomauz. It was in no way boring whatsoever. And you COULD explore whatever you wanted in the wasteland, the missions were just like the main story points in Fallout and Fallout 2, except fixated at an HQ.

Van Buren was the Fallout 3 that was being developed before the current one, but it was an ugly boring looking artistically void and totally unoriginal looking mess.

_r.u.s.s. 08-06-2007 05:00 PM

you could explore whatever you want... actually.. nothing, in the wasteland. except for bonus locations.
and in fallout you 'made your missions' by discovering cities and locations which made story and you do it your way. in tactics you went to base then you had to do a mission and it kept on going for whole day. abd no fun with discovering quests and story in wasteland. actually, story in fallout tactics was worth what i just produced @ toilet after my lunch.

Blood-Pigggy 08-06-2007 05:13 PM

The story was the worst thing in Fallout 2, yay rehashed crap.

_r.u.s.s. 08-06-2007 05:18 PM

well, if storyline in fallout 2 was rehashed crap, storyline in tactics was what you get if you mix cherries with milk for lunch

Blood-Pigggy 08-06-2007 05:20 PM

The storyline in Tactics was fine, at least it wasn't horribly predictable.

"Go to coast on Fallout 2, WHEE ENCLAVE HO!!"

_r.u.s.s. 08-06-2007 05:27 PM

good predictable movie is still better than unpredictable soap opera..

Blood-Pigggy 08-06-2007 05:29 PM

The movie wasn't good, it was poor.

Enclave and their oil platform and "SEx GuNz"

_r.u.s.s. 08-06-2007 05:36 PM

it wasnt poor it was just clishe=/

Doubler 08-06-2007 08:24 PM

This debate seems rather pointless, really ;)
'Yes it is'
'No it isn't'

Quote:

it wasnt poor it was just clishe[/b]
This remark will strike anyone who kept tabs on the TES, err... Bethsoft forums as horribly ironic :P

twillight 07-08-2012 11:52 AM

I could not resist doing a playthrough and tell about it.

This game is selfevident in most aproach, so I'll just tell my general strategies if I'm allowed during the completion.

My current character is a ghoul sniper, who'll actually use Gatling Laser. I was never fan of that weapon, and I don't remember me playing with a ghoul. I did play human, robot and supermutant, and has absolutly no intention to play in a singleplayer campaign with dogs.
A ghoul will do as a ranged weaponist. Never had a meleer.

Currently I'm using the latest patch and play CTB.

Ghouls CAN wear without changing the Brahmin Armour, and it is better then the basic ghoul armour (found at a special encounter, also avaiable on recruits). Leather and metal armours are out, but the rest (the unisex ones) can be worn.

My party is not perfect, but a good allaround team: Farsight (she is who should have been out for the sake of Babs), Mandy, Target, Rage, PipBoy.

Random tip: there are places where female nonlarge characters can fit through but males don't.

Stats: 6/7/2/8/6/8/6 (with Elixir of Life), Fear the Reaper, Fast shot.

On charisma: although it gives a hugh initial pool after the first mission, for the later it doesn't seem to do anything. So unless you can't wait after the second mission for Mandy or someone on her level, forget charisma.

The playthrough:
Brahmin Wood: applied tactics should come from the tutorial. Hard times can come in the cattle-pen where the guy on the other side of the fence has good aim; at the open area with cars and some 4 raiders (you suck at sniping at that point); and finaly the sharshooter up above. The stealther at the end is just an ok surprise.

Freeport: Bring double barrel shotguns for firepower, especially against sleeping people. Go right and up to disable the two siren. Go back on the right, and go left on the south. Blow up the destiller, it worth exp like an objective. Finish the rest.

Rock Falls: go right and kill everything. Go back and to the same on the left. Lockpick the door on the left side an infiltrate. Do havoc until you reach the cattle-pen. Open its gate then go back through the door you came in and do ambush in 2-3 waves against the main gate's defenses. Release the prisoners. Go in the inner castle's territory. Go up the stairs outside, then climb the wall. Go in with 2-3 people with AK47s to finish the final fight.
If you can not open the safe, come back for it later. It has a trap book, but nothing story-relating.

Macomb: Use AK47s and hunting rifles depending the circumstances. At the second gate use the car and drive in fast to kill the opposition. Avoid harming any civilians! For that reason you don't even have to use the last gate (you can drive around with minimal civil causalities. Also good idea to shoot the ones with Molotov Coctail). You can use the car to blow up mines (but don't forget to repair once i na while).

I want here to look for special encounters (in a special encounter mapgrid you can have up to 4 special encounter), and ended up some better armour and a HKCaws (by stealing, required 50% from my thief, Rage). This payed out. I did this until I've reached the Pitch Black encounter what is terribly hard. The second time I went for special encounters was after Quincy, as my level was around 8, the level of the PipBoy (you must have a crew of no more then four to make him join you full stats). For Pitch Black I've ran to the extraction point. I'll go back only when I'll have Brownings. You're supposed to be able to sneak through this, but I always found that Riddick makes himself killed by attacking the deathclaws. Pumping him with some Psycho can help when you're ready for this.

Preoria: Bring AK47's and all antidotes you have. Some shotgun can help too. If you have the HKCaws from the special encounters you can go point blank range to one or two turrets and kill it with single shot blasts (the turrets has aim like a hunting rifle: in melee they suck).

Quincy: the mission I hate the most. Bring shotguns and HP-bullets along your hunting rifles.
First make a guy climb the roof of the first building with a big gun and kill the raider leader, and stop the main siren. A big frontal assault can destroy the raiders on the first floor.
Second is to go to the row of house on the south and kill the two beastmaster and the deathclaw. It is hard. Then you can snipe the beastmasters outside the government's office. Frontal assault against the inner people leads easy success as everyone is melee inside. The room at the back has a ladder to the detention center, but don't go there yet.
Go to the ghouls on the south. Position your team to the sandbags (crouching, agressive mode, shotguns in hand, probably laying some mines if you like that), then start the rock&roll. Then change to singleshot HP weapons and run in to save the ghoul hostages.
Go north on the west to the temple. From outside you can activate the two deathclaws inside and blast them without harm. Inflaming granades work fastest, but don't overdo it, they are somewhat rare.
At the big rocks are a group of deathclaw and their master stealthing, destroy them.
Go back on the edge, into the energy factory. Use burst mode HP weapons after you shot down the light. Hope you didn't kill civilians, and the bombs got not activated.
Go near the red-light house. Make two of yours with good HP weapons go back along the western edge, as there is a ladder to a tunnel what leads INSIDE the brothel. Nice ambush can be done, minimal causalities expected on the side of the working girls. If you have trouble to find the secret tunnel go down the government building and use the view from there.
After finishing get inside the detention center. The real nuisance on the ground floor is the guy circling the building, HE has the tendency activating sirens. If you managed success go up, enter stealth mode,and make your people position on the enemy. A sudden switch to agressive mode usualy eleminiates 'em all.

twillight 08-08-2012 12:37 PM

Springfield: yes, this is the preorder-version's bonus mission, but so patheticly programmed, you can easily activate it, and it is interesting.
Pack an automatic shotgun (found one in the previous mission if nothing else) and a Steyr (better range then the autoshotguns and the best machineguns using 9mm bullets - pack HP ammo) along AK47s and hunting rifles.
Get in the buggy as soon as possible, and rally through the main street to hunt down any opposition you see with the combat shotgun and the Steyr. As this is close combat, you might arrive just before dawn.
Then get out and make your party work in twos to be the most effective and clear the area before the first gate. When done get some healing and line up before the gate, then open it in full agressive. You have some distance here, so the battle is although large and imediate, shouldn't endanger your life.
You can leave the buggy here, it won't have good use further, and is much easier to bring it out at the end of the mission.
When you reach the final building the enemy isn't hostile yet, so be prepared for an ambush. The worst thing is if you don't run in kamikaze, the head-raider will run in and kill the mayor. So buff four of your members with psycho (independently from stats that's the maximum number you can buff without anyone being addicted. Having the drug shouldn't be a problem as it is 0 weith, and all 0 weight stuff should be on you all the time). Send someone you trust with automatic shotgun a few step further, and if you have anyone hurt a lot don't patch up instead send him/her in the tower of the previous building. Run in with your squad and the massacre begins. Control only your chosen with the shotgun and position him/her at the main enterance. The rest of the party should only close until they can start shooting. With psycho in your system this battle can't mean real danger, but it is a nightmare otherwise.

Here my character got crippled (one leg). I have the Cancerous Growth, and although its HP-healing factor is negligable, within just a couple of ingame hours (from the start to the first gate) my broken appendage got healed! Ok, it's nothig major, but it IS comfortable.

Mardin: this is the last mission you'll fight unarmoured, underequipped (= not long distance shooting) enemy, so no reason to hold up any HP amo or shotgun shells. Don't forget to pack all your antidotes neither. You'll also need some hunting rifles too on the surface.
As you'll fight underground with artificial light, you are ok arriving with just before dusk. First clear the surface, then the standalone crypt.
Easiest way is to enter at the left enterance to the main complex. Bug-granades and magnum with HP bullets I used here to clear the cockroaches. The only drawback is you'll have to kill some baby-deathclaws in the nearby pit, but I'm not sure if that has any consequence on your karma anyway.
When up at the cells HOLD FIRE and not kill the prisoned deathclaws. Avoid the main room and dispatch the opposition in all the other rooms and free the slaves.
Send your most hurt person to the switch of the deathclaw-cells. Switch all your characters weapon to singleshot HP weapons. Open the cage of Mother and talk to her, imediately switch to the guy/gal at the switch to open the cells, switch back and run in to kill the leader's group. It is almost impossible to save all baby deathclaws, but only 1-2 deathes on their side and heavy damage inflicted on you can be satisfying result.

yoga 09-08-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 444715)
Springfield: yes, this is the preorder-version's bonus mission, but so patheticly programmed, you can easily activate it, and it is interesting.
Pack an automatic shotgun (found one in the previous mission if nothing else) and a Steyr (better range then the autoshotguns and the best machineguns using 9mm bullets - pack HP ammo) along AK47s and hunting rifles.
Get in the buggy as soon as possible, and rally through the main street to hunt down any opposition you see with the combat shotgun and the Steyr. As this is close combat, you might arrive just before dawn.
Then get out and make your party work in twos to be the most effective and clear the area before the first gate. When done get some healing and line up before the gate, then open it in full agressive. You have some distance here, so the battle is although large and imediate, shouldn't endanger your life.
You can leave the buggy here, it won't have good use further, and is much easier to bring it out at the end of the mission.
When you reach the final building the enemy isn't hostile yet, so be prepared for an ambush. The worst thing is if you don't run in kamikaze, the head-raider will run in and kill the mayor. So buff four of your members with psycho (independently from stats that's the maximum number you can buff without anyone being addicted. Having the drug shouldn't be a problem as it is 0 weith, and all 0 weight stuff should be on you all the time). Send someone you trust with automatic shotgun a few step further, and if you have anyone hurt a lot don't patch up instead send him/her in the tower of the previous building. Run in with your squad and the massacre begins. Control only your chosen with the shotgun and position him/her at the main enterance. The rest of the party should only close until they can start shooting. With psycho in your system this battle can't mean real danger, but it is a nightmare otherwise.

Here my character got crippled (one leg). I have the Cancerous Growth, and although its HP-healing factor is negligable, within just a couple of ingame hours (from the start to the first gate) my broken appendage got healed! Ok, it's nothig major, but it IS comfortable.

Mardin: this is the last mission you'll fight unarmoured, underequipped (= not long distance shooting) enemy, so no reason to hold up any HP amo or shotgun shells. Don't forget to pack all your antidotes neither. You'll also need some hunting rifles too on the surface.
As you'll fight underground with artificial light, you are ok arriving with just before dusk. First clear the surface, then the standalone crypt.
Easiest way is to enter at the left enterance to the main complex. Bug-granades and magnum with HP bullets I used here to clear the cockroaches. The only drawback is you'll have to kill some baby-deathclaws in the nearby pit, but I'm not sure if that has any consequence on your karma anyway.
When up at the cells HOLD FIRE and not kill the prisoned deathclaws. Avoid the main room and dispatch the opposition in all the other rooms and free the slaves.
Send your most hurt person to the switch of the deathclaw-cells. Switch all your characters weapon to singleshot HP weapons. Open the cage of Mother and talk to her, imediately switch to the guy/gal at the switch to open the cells, switch back and run in to kill the leader's group. It is almost impossible to save all baby deathclaws, but only 1-2 deathes on their side and heavy damage inflicted on you can be satisfying result.

Gatling Laser
I always think this is the best weapon after AK47 and Colt 45 but well respected twillight said no good word for it.

Strange but i agree.

twillight 09-08-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 444741)
Gatling Laser
I always think this is the best weapon after AK47 and Colt 45 but well respected twillight said no good word for it.

Strange but i agree.

Well, GL is definitly the bestdesign weapon, but from the few experience I used it it just lacks the sheer penetration of Browning, the distance of Laser Rifle, and eats ammo like no tomorrow compared to Y9K.
But I've designed my protagonist the way to use that, so we'll have further data later.

Now I can only report St. Luis:
This is the mission you'll most probably think they just screwed with you as half of your team will have only 5 ST, and most probably none will have the advanced weapon skills (not to mention the lack of energy weapons). so when assembling the party it can be a good idea to choose some leecher with initially tagged BigGuns skill.
Otherwise you'll have to choose from two tactic, the first being obvious: outdistance the mutants. With the new sniper rifle this is just plain offer.
The second is to pack in a lot of repair kit, especially as you will have to preserve the APC at all cost from dropping 0 HP - last of this kind of objectives. Jump in the whole squad, give them somewhat shortranged weapons (like combat shotguns with regular ammunition - all your party should have 100% in small guns at this point), and lay on the shift button for extra speed, and roam into the crossfire. If the vehicle has 200+ HP, it will survive this.
Either way you will have to pack some strong weapons as you'll have to do an ambush when going to waypoint 2.
The rest is streightforward, but my advice is do NOT try to enter the mutant base, not even bother with the northern tunnels.
Last note: here'll you find first time the Table-Mines. They are dangerous to disarm, so save regularly. If in though guy mode, don't even try, just blast 'em away with weapon fire.

Jefferson City:
You only need to outwit the enemy. You'll need FIREPOWER for all range, and some granades are good idea too. With smallguns this mission is very doable. The excitement comes that you have to think ahead, thus make large circles around for better position many times.
The car should be used only once: where you start on the left in a guardpost is a mutant. There is no trick avaiable against it, so jump in the car and drive close fast. The car suffers damage easily, so no more ambushes for you, but is a god backpack.
There are two unfinished buisness here: the sidedoor to the lab can not be opened no way (probably to not be able to avoid the fight with the commander), and the five mutants at the side of the map are never activated (and their door open at unknown condition). Those mutants are ok to steal from, but otherwise leave nonhostile ones alone.
Hardest spot it the second generator which guard towers are turned off if ALL generators are out. If possible disable the generator, then come back later to finish the job. Wasting Flamethrower on the turrets is cheap idea then.

Kansas City:
If there is time to gamble anytime, it is before this mission. Gamble away ALL STUFF from the local quatermaster. Don't take this mission forward as you'll need every bit of power for this. Actually by the mission briefing the stroy even requires it not furthering this!
Come here at night, and play the start in turn based mode.
The east and west gate can NOT be breached, so you don't have to send there anyone if you don't want. By power-wise the requirement of the gates are: west: 1 person, east: 2 person, south: all the others.
For start pack enlarged amount of ammunition as the imediate battle is demanding. Otherwise since the supermutants showed up you never have to worry about ammo during missions.
the rest is just the usual, but note: there is almost no chance to save ALL the ghouls (especialy the one outside the east gate). But more then a couple causalities would mean worse reward!

yoga 12-08-2012 05:15 AM

Excuse me , barat twillight,

what do You think about comparing FO2 with FT?
Would be so kind share Your impressions concerning both games?
I know You are an expert in Fallout stuff.

Thank You for Your time.

yoga who is fighting now in the realm of Oblivion gates
:D

twillight 12-08-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 444893)
Excuse me , barat twillight,

what do You think about comparing FO2 with FT?
Would be so kind share Your impressions concerning both games?
I know You are an expert in Fallout stuff.

Thank You for Your time.

yoga who is fighting now in the realm of Oblivion gates

Always the pleasure brave yoga:max:

So, compare F2 with Ft start with the interface.
FT basically kept the same look, although there happened a lot of improvement in the engine by texture and avaibility. Simply said FT looks as much better then the Fallout RPGs as much later it was introduced.

FT kept the same board like F2 when you think about the character sheet, inventory and skillboard, but had some very important advancements, namely: "smart run" what makes your character always run except when stealthing, and some much needed "change position", so you can now prone and crouch.
It also made avaiable to play in non-turnbased system, while implemented the Overwatch from Jagged Aliance, what gave it an improvement on both Fallout and Jagged Aliance games if you ask me.

FT though has some field lacking.
The most important is, if you do not use the latest patch the game likes to crash. Interrestingly with my current install it does not crash, I think the reason is a new version of the patch. Not that "though guy" mode would ever be too popular considering the lenght of the missions (they ARE make you busy for quite some time), but still.
Second is more important from gamer-view: some skills are simply lacking use, like Pilot. Sadly vehicles were although a good idea, they have limited use, and the skill don't give you really noticable gain.
Also some perks are although in the manual are not implemented in the game (there are three: Sniper, Bend the Rules, Break the Rules). Gamble is not explained anywhere, and it is ridiculous to use (especially at Bunker Gamma's quatermaster).

The biggest difference between the two is, that FO2 was an RPG, while FT is a combat game. This means in FT linearity is very much present, although sometimes you can choose which mission to do first.

On story-wise FT tells the story of the BoS from a soldier of the Brotherhood's position, thus it don't give the multiply endings for all visited locations. BUT as the game provides 4 possible endings for the singleplayer campaign where all faction you've met will be mentioned AND gives the multiplayer option, it is pretty much acceptable if you ask me.
FT also kept most of the equipmentpool of FO2, like KeyCards, the infamous Hunting Rifle and Power Armour - but as being part of the military (and especially BoS member), you have a much wider source, and even some curiosity like the Acid Sprayer.

The introducement of experience, new equipment and recruits is well balanced, although the shops are not.

Above all you have to always remember FT is a combat-game. Actually not even one, but TWO game!
FT without ANY patch is a very different game with entirely other recruits and combat mode preference. Without patch FT is almost exactly matches FO2 when fighting. Realy: you step out, shoot, hide back - intense use of flexible perk, direct covers, action points.
WITH the patch on the other hand FT turns to a much intense experience, where you're better off doing combat in real time mode, switching fast between characters and character main/off hands. The recruits' abilities are entirely redrawn (these are what you can find on the net, not the unpatched version). Flexibility-perks loose almost all value (what is a sad thing, but it definitly make battles more exciting).
I also never heared about anyone who used unarmed/melee combat even around midgame (when I've done a playthrough with a onecharacter supermutant I stole myself a big gun as soon as I could with like 50 load back to not get caught).

We have to mention Random Encounters too, and maximum level.
In FT you will gain most exp from mission-rewards, and not fighting-exp.
The vehicles do not need fuel.
Exp-limit in FO2 is 99 (30 can be gained easily at least), while FT has the limit of 24, so you better plan forward (especially as you'll have no statimprovement surgical implants and such, except 1 gain on Endurance).
Random Encounters at start are much more frequent in FT, but at least the map, the distances you'll travel are less. Still bloody annoying until you'll have 60+ outdoorsman from where they'll be much less frequent and you'll be able to click "not visit".
Special Encounters in FT are restricted to "special map grids". On each of those you'll be able to find 3-4 special encounters if you travel the edge of the sectors. Worst trick is though from the programmers, that the Pitch Black encounter is fixed to show up after a certain number of SEs, and it is so hard I only go there with 3 Brownings and such heavy equpiments (and to keep Ridick alive I overdose him with 2 Psycho, lol). 'Cause of this system encounter-finding perks are useless of course:blush:

As conclusion: FT is a Fallout-game, although a spinoff. It has some faults just like the other games in the series, but it DID make the breakthrough to anew the series. This is also the only part of the theme where the protagonist can be changed to a nonhuman race, and face it: there is nothing better then spraying bullets from a heavy machingun for a measly 2 AP. You also have full control on your party (with equipments, skill distribution, etc.).
So even though FT is not that deep as FO2, but especially for a casual gamer (who don't want heavy forknowledge of the game) it is very much affordable experience.

twillight 12-08-2012 05:14 PM

I made some real runs for Kansas City, so I am able to give some ample tips:
- Fear the Reaper can kill you (this is a ghoul trait), not just damage you to "almost dead" status. Also it has some aftereffect when you can leed to death if you have very low HP (I had 1 HP as result of FtR when this happened). This is not of the mission, but useful anyway.
- bring double amount of ammo and very strong weaponry. Also rise your skills by some points (for me 115% small guns and 100% big guns did the trick, and theoreticaly you can start to use laser pistols). Pack lots of healing, amongst others 1 super stimpack to everyone at least.
- to have minimal causalities imediatelly at the start send 1 person to the east gate WITH A BROWNING AND LOTS OF AMMO. Run OUT of town. Have turn based mode active! This person will be the reason of the battle's start. For me this was PipBoy, so had to eat a buffout to have the stat (he has 7 ST and with 1 dose of the drug has 9). After all seen mutants are killed do NOT send this one back, but send into the house on the left side of the gate imediate! there will be a mutant who is part of the official waves, and can shoot through the walls (don't ask, but it can cost a ghoul).
- until the first char goes to position send another with automatic shotgun to west! This will be enough to stop the mutants there. Oh, do all this AT NIGHT. A third person should be sent to the ghoul leader to talk until it gives some stuff. This person will be sent after job done to the south gate.
- the rest should be knelt at the south gate.
- There are some hard points with the waves of mutants, namely: on the other side of the fence of south (on the west) a mutant with machingun will come, so have someone there to avert fire. The ranged mutants usually have heavy amour what just ruins your life. The melee mutants are many, so have heavy close firepower. At the very end on the south a lone mutant will come with Rocket Launcher. That one is NOT part of the official waves, so have some delay to able you posiotion your people there, but he will come, so don't forget.
- after the defence it is really just "from house to house", but keep in mind granades and forced fire (with granades you can attack through fances). Despite all there is a house on the south side of the city what is guarded by 3 mutant behind sandbags. One of them has THE position, so the only solution I found was to run in with all firepower and blast his head from close. But against unarmored critters you can achieve even stunlock with a full party in CTB.

yoga 12-08-2012 06:36 PM

Who is the bad boss in FT?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

After this nice and detailed view of very kind twillight who can dare saying:
- FT is a crap.
No one.

Bravo again, polite twillight!

That's why brave is about 6 years in AB site and every day even before my asanas i visit AB.
Because of gentlemen as twillight, Hunvagy, Master Scatty, Kmonster, Caro Capo, Japo and many more.

After so nice propaganda the brave after Oblivion probably will start FT.
Hope my old PC will meet the requirements..:D

Köszönöm, twillight.

yoga 13-08-2012 06:37 AM

I start FT

Hi, again,

Brave is pleased to announce that before 3 minutes started FT.
Note:
Only started.
Still no 2 patches installed.
Acc. to the review of dear twillight we will have 2 different games - with and without the patches.

May i politely ask what game YOU preffered? Any advices are welcomed as i am abs. novice even played both FO1 and 2. FO3 is future.

TY for yr advice and time.

brave

As You probably now i am fighting in Tamriel to close 15 gates. 1 is closed - in Kvatch town.
So for first time yoga will fight 2 games at once.
:3:

twillight 13-08-2012 09:07 AM

Some things I forgot:
- skillpoints are now stored above 99. It'll roll over to 00 again, but you will have to points to spend any time later.
- even more importantly perks are stored too! So if you don't want to have anything on level 3, you can wait to level 6 and choose two perks! (you can wait any time longer, level 12 being the most important where you can choose Gain Stat perks for your crew to be able to have 6 ST or the stats for Bonus Rate of Fire and such).
- I've found a use of stun-granades. They are useless on the damage side, but prevents the enemy from attacking for a short time, and they cost way less AP. So if you can manage to ambush people with stunning garandes, then you can keep 'em busy until you send in your heavy burst squad and eliminate the scum with no loss of health. This can happen very rarely though.

Osceola:
This mission is where you better have a grenadier. Bring all your boom-bugs and other silly devices, you'll throw them through fences. I've used up here more then a hundred grenades (boom bugs and frags)!
Otherwise the only hint I can give is start going left and make a full circle around the complex for start. Do NOT go along the fence, as it hides mines!
You also better have someone with a Browning, especially when you climb the snipeshooters' tower (they are half blind, so you can sneak up, and they are laying still, so you'll have time to shoot them down).
Ah, one more thing: the crazy nonhostile guy at the ***SPOILER*** position will turn hostile when you kill the leader, so don't forget to kill him!
to yoga: in this mission you'll have to have THREE items for best scores: a letter, a suitcase and a holodisc. Do NOT leave until you have all these!

The use of Charisma and the Brown Noser perk:
After this very mission if you have high charisma (8 for Leader perk) you'll reach natural Paladin status. With Brown Noser you can be Paladin Commander. This'll mean you'll be able to hire lvl18 characters from the Brotherhood!
Now all recruits above lvl10 worth nothing (actually in the unpatched version the very-late Reaver-recruit is the best smallgunner, if you have to ammo into that kind of weapons it worth to change a member to her), BUT if you healed up (no need of doctor skill, just make him fully healed with anything) the Grimm Brothers, THEY WILL BE AVAIABLE!!! The "female" mutant is what you'd want who has all good skills and perks, especially Fast Shot + Bonus Rate of Fire + Steady Arms! He is the best BigGunner outside a player character, he only lacks 'cause of Vat Skinned (so you'll have to mutant him asap). I kick out Farsight for him now.

EDIT:
@yoga
I think the patched version is more enjoyable. Without the patch the gameplay is very slow, and can be valued to hardcore Fallout-fans only.

EDIT2:
Some advice on stats:
ST 5 is minimum for Small guns, but automatic shotguns and adavanced weaponry (big guns, energy weapons) all require ST 6.
PE: with 6 here you'll be able to use effectively burst weapons (= big guns). You'll want 8 for singleshot ranged weapons (= energy weapons, small guns).
EN: you don't really need this, and the squad won't lack on this.
CH: minimum or 8 depending on your idea.
IN: 6 without gifted is enough. 8 with gifted.
AG: in CTB around 7 AP will satisfy. You won't have to opverdo.
LK: 4 means you won't have any problem (= no critical failures). 6 should you have if you want the Bouns Ranged Damage perk.
These are the minimal requirements I can think of, now go playing!

twillight 13-08-2012 12:54 PM

@yoga
No, there is no time limit at all. Neither in mission, nor in general.

Now, Junction City:
This is an easy-peasy mission for almost nothing else then to the player have energy weapons. So I hope you can get Tag! perk for those in your party don't have this from start. For me the easiest party is 2 with BigGuns and 4 energy weaponist, but 3 Big Guns is more efficient although harder to control (burst fire you know).
Tips for the mission: go to the town. Position all your crew to the farthest gate as when you have the second robot piece the reaver do an ambush. Yes, this mission requires you have pre-knowledge, or be very stunned. Fortunatelly you don't have to care for the guards. Leave someone with Big Gun here.
After it is done go back to the start, lick clean the town, get the mechanic, raid the raider house at the south, clean the left side of the map. Clean the right side of the map. Ambush the villa from the right with your team, and your gunner from the left.
Beware of some traps (some are not armed, lol!). Some granade can have some use too (incindenary as reavers are not resistant to fire).
This was the point I could give Bonus Rate of Fire to my squad.

About Riddick and some bugs:
I went back before this mission to save Riddick's butt. Three of the crew had Browning (buffout used outside the encounter) and SAW as backup weapon (I'm not sure wether the buffout was still in effect or not).
Sent the gunners above Riddick, while the other three had in hand: Psycho, Psycho, Super Stimpack, and used them on Riddick to allow him to stay alive. Riddick kicked the sole deathclaw at that point, while the rest were incoming - I blasted those to pieces.
Now though Riddick went to the exit grid, but not shown up in the recruit pool. Maybe he must be led out when encountered?
Also I have all Special Encounter, and if I find another the game freezes out. So if you're in the same shoe, keep this in mind and avoid the special grids.

Coldwater:
This mission is almost too easy until you reach the final building on the top floor. The two guard in front of it and the three in its first room are easily lethal. They also have the hardest minefield in the game (with 125% traps it can be disabled). So don't forget to SAVE.
There is a hidden room here somewhere.
REQUIRED FOREKNOWLEDGE: do not talk more then once the BoS officier until you have all three armor. Also do not talk to the casino-owner, as not just he is "bad guy", but simply talking with 'im ruins your reputation (at least before the patch it did)!
Your reward is a suit of Power Armor in the shop.
Equipment note: stun garandes don't work from now on on a trustable basis. Robots are basically immun to fire, but vulnerable to acid.

Great Bend:
The introduce of robots. Clear the first sector, enter the main tunnel, climb up to the second sector through the sidetunnel, clear it, clear the third sector then the fourth.
If you want to spare a minor amount of ammo you can use the hydraulic press at the end, but it more amusement then anything.
A warning though: you can not pass through bodies of Load Lifters, so you can make yourself stuck theoretically. As the area is made to be able to block the melee robots easily you still better keep this in mind though.
Hint on weapons (minor spoiler!): saw, m60 and vindicator miniguns do squat against the robots. Also I have bad memories about Rocket Launchers (what even has few ammo and is very heavy). During the next mission I'll try out avenger minigun, bren gun
Also I've reached General status (and Guardian of the Wastes long ago too). With high CHA this came early, lol.
My deepest sorry is for the Tank. It will come in the next mission, but only could buy a measly 6 bullets for it. Let's see what I can use it for.

yoga 14-08-2012 02:01 PM

OK.
I'll stop Oblivion for a moment to concentrate to FT.
Rats!!!
Some armed gangsters captured me and 2 long days i worked as a painter- with hand brush i painted and painted under the terrible sun many windows. Y'now how stupid is this job! One second carelessness and hop... a drop of paint on the glass--have to clean it, these modern paints smell very bad and they are poisonous.
Anyway friend of mine helped me to escape and now i determine to start FT.
My first task is to choose very balanced protagonist otherwise dear Hunvagy will start jeer me.:smile2:
Have to copy and print the review of twillight and read carefully some times before start.
Or maybe is better to take ready character.
I did a test as a Snake to see how the game works...The Snake killed some armed with pistol opponent and a dog...

twillight 14-08-2012 06:03 PM

First about the next mission, Newton:
There are fewer robots then you'd expect. There is a hidden Advanced Power Armor to find. The tank is good as panzer (needs to be repaired first!), but nothing else due to lack of ammo, though some humanoid bots can be disposed with the 6 bullets of it.
To start do #1 (don't let the alarm sound if possible, although it has no dire consequences), then #4, get the armor, at #2 you can disable the turrets without a single shot, and #3 is again not too much. After you disable #2 you can attack the turrets and win without retaliation to have their .50 cal (150 each, can not be stolen), but as basic rule I don't go against nonhostile things due to fearing karma.
On weapons: all I've previously listed are crap, the avangers being the worst (it not even scratch). But the Flamethrower is working against non-humanoid bots, only thing it is too heavy and consumes ammo too fast.
Also good to know: the Reaver Leaders will follow you to the extraction point and then be unmovable. This can potentially block you from leaving the mission if you don't notice this, and can make impossible to drive away with the tank (don't know wether the reavers disappear at a second visit).

@yoga
You're always better with your own characters. Snake is ESPECIALLY BAD as he is a melee character. You don't want a character who'll be useless after the 5th mission, right?
Take a ranged character for all sake! What you want from a FT character is spending as little AP per shot as possible, be able to shoot from as great distance as possible, and be able to hold the weapon in use (power armor gives 3 ST, and there is the Weapon Handling perk of course).
As someone with Big Guns skill is hard to come by early I'd make one of those. Give it Fast Shot, Bonus Rate of Fire, Bonus Ranged Damage (*2). Thoughness can come in handy too as Big Gunners are many times used for stepping out of corner and demolish the enemy on the other side of it in close range. If you use the races mod a supermutant will excell any human possible 'cause of Steady Arm (one more less AP per shot) and a better thoughness perk.
Or make a good sniper. That'd use small guns and energy weapons, should have Fast Shot, Bonus Rate of Fire, Sharpshooter (*2 maybe), possibly Bonus Ranged Damage. Ghouls can have insane stats, but humans do it equally well (and won't have armor-problem).

Trust me, when maybe at the third mission they'll start to shoot you three guy at the ame time with AK47s, you'll regret not being ranged. If you really want tag Unarmed (or Melee Weapons, although those suck compared to the above) along Small Guns and an advanced weapon.
Also without advanced weaponry you'll DIE when supermutants arrive with weapons what can deal 100-200 damage per shot! Small guns suffice as secondary weapons in confined space or when the enemy gets stuck and you want to spare ammo, but there are simply not enough ammo to supply a Small Gun against robots (the only ammo working with small guns against robots are electric shotgun bullets and acid in the acid sprinkler, both being very close range weapons, and only the shotgun being able to dispose someone who shoots back. The Acid Sprayer is usually carried to dispose scurry bots).

yoga 14-08-2012 06:18 PM

Wow!

It seems to be so difficult as when my maths prof. explained the Taylor's rows.

OK.
No more Snake. I'll try try another guy.
The good start is very important as in 100 meters run.

Yes?

twillight 14-08-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 444951)
Wow!

It seems to be so difficult as when my maths prof. explained the Taylor's rows.

OK.
No more Snake. I'll try try another guy.
The good start is very important as in 100 meters run.

Yes?

Let me design you a character. It will use Big Guns as late weapons as that'll prove the easiest way.

Race: human
Gender: female (there are places where a lightly armoured female can fit through but a male no way)
Tagged skills: Small guns, Big Guns and either Lockpick or Unarmed or traps
Traits: Fast Shot, Gifted
Stats: 6/6/5/2/8/8/6 extra points: 6.

To spend the extra statpoints:
- have 7 strength. With that if you eat a Buffout you will be able to use Browning (requires 9 strenght) as soon as you find one.
- have better perception (the above mentioned 6 is the absolute minimum you should have. You are better off with 8 or 9).
- you don't need it, but you might want higher endurance. If you have an odd number you'll gain more HP when you drink the Elixir of Life (gives +1 EN). 6 EN is requirement of Toughness perk (10% resistance to all damage).
- inteligence is always good for more skillpoint.

So maybe this would be the best starting char. stats:
7/9/5/2/10/8/6

twillight 14-08-2012 08:00 PM

To avoid any confusion of dear yoga here is a guid to skills and perks:
small guns: 100-110% can be enough. 150% for 1-2 of the party is affordable if you find it painful to not shoot very-very accuratly from long-long distances.
big guns: these weapons deal burst damage, what means do not use it if you move all your party at once! 150%+ for 2 or 3 party member is required. Choose "Tag!" trait to give it to a crew who has good stats but don't start with it.
energy weapons: for 3-4 party member 150%+ is required. Choose "Tag!" trait to give it to a crew who has good stats but don't start with it.
unarmed: 50-70% is enough, but very soon it becomes useless.
melee weapons: NEVER use this.
throwing: 100% is enough because these weapons deal damage in an area.
first aid: you have books. Do not spend points into this.
doctor: 100% is recomended in case of broken limbs or "bandaged" status
sneak: you don't need this and in the late game armors it won't work. Otherwise 50-100% can has its use.
lockpick: your skill will be rised a lot if you have lockpick kits in both of your hands. With 2 advanced lockpick you can easily have 100% in this by just a few skillpoint, no reason to rise it further.
steal: with 50% I could steal everything. This skill is entirely optional.
traps: with 125% I could deactivate all traps.
science: only works on the main character, but it can be learnt from books. Without spending any point into it I have 122% currently and books don't rise it any further.
repair: you can have two toolkit in your hands AND it can be bumped from books. Has very limited use if the protagonist is no a robot.
pilot: useless, and it can be rised by books.
barter: useless. There are very limited equipment you will want to buy.
gambling: useless. With 0% you can win 100% in 30 second clicking where gambling is allowed and is not broken (the quatermaster in Bunker Gamma is not broken being the most important).
outdoorsman: can be rised by books, and you can almost always run away without fighting when you can't avoid an encounter.

Perks:
action boy: an ok perk
adrenaline rush: useless
awareness: good if one of your crew has it.
better criticals: useless
bluff master: useless
bone head: useless
bonsai: useless
bonus HtH attacks: useless (an extreme playthrough with unarmed oriented character demands it though)
bonus HtH damage: useless
bonus move: mostly useless, not worth to have it 'cause the limited levels
bonus ranged damage: good
bonus rate of fire: excelent
bracing: useless
brown noser: useless, unless you are a highcharisma protagonist (suggested only to experienced players) AND the same time want Brother Grimm.
brutish hulk: only if the protagonist is a deathclaw (then it's good)
cancerous growth: curiosity perk for ghouls
comprehension: useless
crazy bomber: useless
death sense: useless
demolition expert: useless
die hard: useless (the HP ratio is too low)
divine favour: cool for high charisma character
dodger: minor use
drunken master: useless
educated: limited use, not necessary
explorer: useless
faster healing: useless
flexible: excelent in unpatched game, forgetful in patched
flower child: good if you are heavily into drugs what you should not
gambler: useless
gain stat: mostly for partymembers to have some required stat, but the perception can be ok for the protagonist too.
ghost: useless
gunner: useless
harmless: useless
healer: useless (healing stuff is plenty)
have ho!: useless
here and now: useless
hide of scars: excelent for deathclaw
hit the deck: useless
HtH evade: useless
lead foot: useless
leader: potentialy rewarding (the hired squad usually gain an AP with the +1 AG)
lifegiver: unnecessary
light step: useless
living anatomy: useless (the extra damage is to the final dmaage, not all the buletts)
loner: bugged
master thief: useless
master trader: useless
medic: useless
more criticals: useless
mr. fixit: useless
mutate!: potentially excelent on hired crew
negotiator: useless
night vision: you shouldn't play at night time
pack rat: marginary, usually useless
pathfinder: useless
pickpocket: useless
psychotic: didn't try
pyromaniac: useless
quick pockets: ok in unpatched game
quick recovery: useless
rad child: useless
rad resistance: useless
ranger: useless
road warrior: useless
salesman: useless
scout: useless
sharpshooter: very good
silent death: sounds useless
silent running: potentially ok, but I'd only give to 1 of the party if at all.
slayer: no info (in extreme unarmed playthrough it is a must maybe)
snakeater: useless
sniper: not working!
stat!: useless
steady arm: excelent for supermutants
stonewall: marginal
strong back: marginal, useless
stunt man: useless
survivalist: useless
swift learner: useless
tag!: excelent for hired members to give them advanced weapon skill
talon of fear: probably useless as poison in the game has almost no effect
team player: bugged
thief: probably can't afford
tough hide: excelent for supermutants
toughness: ok
tunnel rat: useless / marginal use in unpatched game
way of the fruit: useless (theoretically combined with Bonsai you can have +1 strenght in all mission, but no idea on duration etc., and two perk for a single stat is too much)
weapon handling: useless

source to check the requirement and effects of perks: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Tactics_perks

yoga 15-08-2012 11:32 AM

Dear twillight, i know You are the best expert of FT.
I know You wish me luck and want to prevent my confusions.
Very nice, i appreciate Your help attempts.

But, but brave is crazy one. Your method will make my gaming very easy. Yes?

So, pls, let the crazy brave smashes his head, he stupid idiot.

Ha ha ha

I took Peter, Farsight, and Stitch.

I installed FT patch 1.27.
I passed first mission and reached 2 level.

How the hell to use these Steam Pack, Medicine and Doctor bag?
My Farsight is badly wounded, Stitch - slightly.
Will be very nice if i have some Molotov grenades.
Good armour is excellent addition also.
Only one Q, if You please>
- Are there some stores to sell and buy some good stuff?
If You think this Q is cheating Do Not answer me.

TY for Your time.
:hello:

twillight 15-08-2012 01:32 PM

Go for it yoga all the way! Although premade characters for FT are really mismade. For example a High Charisma protagonist should definitly have EIGHT point in charisma, no joke there. Seven is unreasonable in ANY sense. As I mentioned Elixir of Life and all the babble, you should have AT LEAST put one point from Endurance of Peter to his Charisma. Otherwise he is not a bad choice.
(Check next post before bashing me yoga, sry.)

First on your questions:
Yes, there are a couple of shops in the game, the most persistant and important being the Quatermaster. After every successfull mission he'll upgrade his stuffs, and he has unlimited BoS-cash.
There is also a medical officier too. They always sell healing equipment, but I think they do NOT refresh their stuff, only at new bunkers.

I also heared from all shopkeepers appart the quatermaster you can steal all their stuff if you want/can.

There are also lots of other shops. During mmissions you can try to talk to various NPCs (even nameless ones) in hope they are ready for trading. (Be sure if they are barter or gambling! At gambling do NOT put anything on your side of offers!)
Sometimes merchants also appear in your bunker, like Kerr the Merchant. These merchants like the one during mission use RingPulls as currency instead of BoS-money.

-----

The use of kits (involving repair kit, lockpick kit, frst aid bags, doctor bags and so on): put one in the active hand of the character you want to use the *named* skill, click on the kit, then click on the target. Pure and simple just like in the original Fallouts.
To use stimpack you can either use it by the above method, OR as it is a "consumable" just open your inventory and doubleclick on it.

Btw, these are also explained during the tutorials.

-----

BUT if you are not in a mission and want healed, just roam the wasteland just for spending time, and you will be healed shortly.

-----

Molotov Coctails suck. Those are basically the only weapons I never even try using.
On the armors: you will find some during missions, and you will be able to buy improvement from the Quatermaster. Also they can be bought/stolen (and for the Brahmin Armor: found) in Special Encounters, and every recruit comes with a basic armor (I could mention some things with this related the nonBoS recruits, but I won't now).

At start you should notice that even the basic armor provides cool resistance, like 25% against normal bullets!

----------

Now on the latest mission I've accomplished, Canyon City:
You might want to bring Remote Detonator and Remote Det. Traps, but you'll find the necessary things during the mission too.
First thing first clear the main street from the three hover bots, then go down and clear the small area from scurry bots.
Next is to climb the sharpshooter-nest and shoot down what you can from there with Laser Rifles. Beware, sometimes something from out of range can shoot you with burst fire (no idea why or how as with 200% aim and 8 PE MY hit chance way measily 1%). Climb down. You can choose to clean the quater top the upp from your starting position by sniping from down OR you can enter here from the sidedoor with full power and destroy them. this later has the advantage that the Gauss robot won't spend that much ammo. I wouldn't use Gauss Pistol/Rifle, as the Gauss Minigun is just uncomparable.
Next go south. Send Big Gunners the front and laser rifles as backup. For the powerstation do NOT enter, but lay down, and turn off the switch - wow, turrets disabled, but still red! Inside the buildings are some scurry bots too. Install a Remote Det. Trap right next to the power nod. You should install one Rem. Det. Trap to all but 2 (what are near each other) power nod, OR position your crew to them at the end and tunr them agressive at the same time as you'll have to make them disabled at the same time. A nice thing is for the remaining two you can use Science to disable them without using up equipment! (sadly the nods regenerate even when you disable them this way if not all is destoryed the same time)
Go west and clean stuff. I won't help you this one.
Enter the tunnel here and shoot down the Load Lifter. Nothing else to do here, so up.
Go back to Power Station #1. There you'll find another tunnel. Pass it, and on the other side turn off the switch (although I have no idea what that does). Disarm the mines, then kill the remaining humanoid robots with granades if you brought some (there is no granade in this mission).
Enter the building through the small door on the front side. On the left side I could not climb on the ladders, else I'd try there. But before entering the building open the big door, and send in all your heavy weapon guys to dispose the big robot there.
The building is streightforward and I don't want to take your fun, so no spoilers, only that you'll find a Gatling Laser! Also do not forget to go to the cellar what we skipped earlier to destroy and loot the turret there. It has like all the turrets in this mission a gazillion rocket (too heavy they are though, but worth a tonn in the shop).

twillight 15-08-2012 01:41 PM

If I may, to @yoga:
If you want to keep Peter all pure BUT be sensible and turn him to a real High Charisma Guy, let me SUGGEST (instead of bashing, so you can decide yourself and I will be glad whatever you do) choice of perks!

lvl 4 (level 3 choice): Leader
lvl 6: Brown Noser
lvl 12 (level 9 choice): Gain Charisma
lvl 14 (level 12 choice): Divine Favour

Things in brackets mean when the coice of a perk becomes avaiable, outside the brackets is when you should choose the perks actually.
I trust the rest on you as from that point you'll gain a new perk at every two level.

EDIT: Actually Brown Noser can be switched to Tag! (thus gaining Tag! earlier) if you do not want the Brother Grimm.

-----

Next mission, Buena Vista:
No details here, only some advices: 1) bring psycho 2) bring amo, and I mean it 3) save before the last gate as it can be accidently blocked.

-----

Last but one mission, Scott City:
kill the jammers while cleaning the bottom of the map. Then enter the complex and clean the perimeter. Enter the first floor, then go to the ground floor to use a panel there (disables the turrets on the second floor). Go up, find a thing and Kerr. Cross your finger to be able to kill the robot with the Gauss Minigun without deathes.
Oh, and the map is LARGE. Have fun.

yoga 16-08-2012 06:26 PM

[quote=twillight;444998]If I may, to @yoga:
If you want to keep Peter all pure BUT be sensible and turn him to a real High Charisma Guy, let me SUGGEST (instead of bashing, so you can decide yourself and I will be glad whatever you do) choice of perks!

lvl 4 (level 3 choice): Leader
lvl 6: Brown Noser
lvl 12 (level 9 choice): Gain Charisma
lvl 14 (level 12 choice): Divine Favour

Things in brackets mean when the coice of a perk becomes avaiable, outside the brackets is when you should choose the perks actually.
I trust the rest on you as from that point you'll gain a new perk at every two level.

EDIT: Actually Brown Noser can be switched to Tag! (thus gaining Tag! earlier) if you do not want the Brother Grimm.

I will follow Your instructions, baraton, as usually. :smile2:

But brave was stopped.

Mission 3:
I have to eliminate all Raiders and find some strange device.
Unfortunately when my 6-members command entered the building we found a trap- mine field with 5-6 mines. Well, my Rebecca advanced with 2 other commandos when the bad ones started attack against my men. They fired and the mines exploded killing 2 commandos. I repeated my attempts 3 times, no result!:(
Sadly Farsight was injured and is out of my team - Cripple arm. So i was forced to change this lady with Rebecca, because i do not find the healer in my Bunker Alpha.
I dunno is it possible during the mission to send back some commando in the bunker?

Merci.

my team: Peter, Stitch, Rage,Jax, Mandy, Rebecca

twillight 16-08-2012 07:03 PM

A 6pack team at mission 3? We'll hear some interresting stuff from yoga definitly!

No, it is not possible to send out people during missions. You're stuck at the location until you complete the mission.
Oh, and always have the archive save at the bunker between missions just to be on the safe side. But during missions the quicksave can do.

But bad news yoga: there is no doctor in the base or anywhere in the game. There are just medical equipment sales persons. You have to do yourself the healing. HP can be regained by first aid (or instantly by stimpacks), condition can be removed by doctor's bag. (knocked out, whinded and stunned pass without healing over time as well as addictions. Addictions can not be healed artificially).

Your team otherwise is reasonable. Me too use Rage as ha has good eyes, as well as Mandy (she has tons of skillpoints and good eyes too) and planing Jax.

Btw, do you remember your people have TWO arms, right? (although the secondary hand when nothing equipped there is shown as leg, like in the other fallouts)

Btw, if you don't have good enough traps skill to disarm mines (save&load helps a tonn during that) just have someone shoot the mines with burst fire, or shotguns or something from safe distance!

yoga 17-08-2012 08:01 AM

Merci, baraton.

Ha ha ha
..had 2 arms...
ha ha ha

How stupid can be some time yoga...LOL
:hihihi:

Hmmm..
I will try the next strategy:
With dear twillight and God help i will heal Farsight. She with Rebecca will be my warriors, who will shot from distance. Another 4 members will be armed with Avtomat Kalashnikova aka AK47. Good weapon and many munitions.

Only problem will be when bad mutants with rocket launchers appear! Hope they will be no good shooters.

No levitation, no flying? No spells?

I increase Small Guns, Energy weapon, Doctor and Sneak.

The game is very nice and i enjoy it.

Mission 3: I killed Lo and O'Rally raiders and find some PC man who give me a strange arm. But now i do not enter the second big room. I cant open the gate!!!

Dear Hunvagy, do You played this game? I think - Yes.
Dear twillight, what level are You? Who is Your leader?

Where, the hell, are located Save files of the game?

twillight 17-08-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445061)
No levitation, no flying? No spells?

I increase Small Guns, Energy weapon, Doctor and Sneak.

The game is very nice and i enjoy it.

Mission 3: I killed Lo and O'Rally raiders and find some PC man who give me a strange arm. But now i do not enter the second big room. I cant open the gate!!!

Dear Hunvagy, do You played this game? I think - Yes.
Dear twillight, what level are You? Who is Your leader?

Where, the hell, are located Save files of the game?

Glad you enjoy it.

I don't know which room you mean, but opening doors can be done three ways if they don't open just for nothing: lockpick, keys and switches. If you want to pass the second set of fences, the witch is on the right side of the gate behind a double door.

On your question:
I start the last mission with this character, and now I am only level 21.
For my current play my protagonist has these stats: 8/7/2/9/6/8/6 (have divine favour (gave charisma), drank elixir of life, wearing Advanced Power Armor (gives +4 ST until race's maximum). My base ST is 6).
Race: ghoul
Traits: fast shot, fear the reaper
Perks: bonus ranged damage *2, bonus rate of fire, sharpshooter, leader, brown noser, cancerous growth, divine favour.
Primary weapon: Gatling Laser. With this setup it is a good enough weapon. Not as strong as a Browning, but the Bonus Ranged Damage (*2) really helps it, and is much more light in weight, and has much frequent ammo (although it quite literally feeds on it too, has to pack 500 ammo before starting a mission with it to not run low of ammo).
Tagged skills: small guns, energy weapons, lockpick

Team: Mandy (uses first aid + doctor), PipBoy (uses big guns), Rage (uses trap), Jim Grimm, Target (uses throw)

My usual character though uses laser rifle, and noone in the party has high charisma (so no leader perk).

Currently I've planned an unarmed protagonist to see what it is capable of.
race: deathclaw (for incrised unarmed original damage, and no reduced walking speed like supermutants)
stats: 8/6/7/2/4/10/10
tagged skills: unarmed, sneak, throwing
planed traits: gifted, onehanded (alternatives to onehander: rabid or kamikaze)
planned perks: silent running, brutish hulk, hide of scars, bonus HtH attacks, better criticals, slayer (in this order)

planned team: Jax, Babs, BillyBob, Mandy, PipBoy/Dillon/Harold (I'm not sure on the 6th member, but probably PipBoy would make thing easiest)

@yoga
A challenge I have to you!
At defending Kansas City I lost 4 ghouls at the gates. See how many You will loose!

yoga 17-08-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445062)
Glad you enjoy it.

I don't know which room you mean, but opening doors can be done three ways if they don't open just for nothing: lockpick, keys and switches. If you want to pass the second set of fences, the witch is on the right side of the gate behind a double door.

On your question:
I start the last mission with this character, and now I am only level 21.
For my current play my protagonist has these stats: 8/7/2/9/6/8/6 (have divine favour (gave charisma), drank elixir of life, wearing Advanced Power Armor (gives +4 ST until race's maximum). My base ST is 6).
Race: ghoul
Traits: fast shot, fear the reaper
Perks: bonus ranged damage *2, bonus rate of fire, sharpshooter, leader, brown noser, cancerous growth, divine favour.
Primary weapon: Gatling Laser. With this setup it is a good enough weapon. Not as strong as a Browning, but the Bonus Ranged Damage (*2) really helps it, and is much more light in weight, and has much frequent ammo (although it quite literally feeds on it too, has to pack 500 ammo before starting a mission with it to not run low of ammo).
Tagged skills: small guns, energy weapons, lockpick

Team: Mandy (uses first aid + doctor), PipBoy (uses big guns), Rage (uses trap), Jim Grimm, Target (uses throw)

My usual character though uses laser rifle, and noone in the party has high charisma (so no leader perk).

Currently I've planned an unarmed protagonist to see what it is capable of.
race: deathclaw (for incrised unarmed original damage, and no reduced walking speed like supermutants)
stats: 8/6/7/2/4/10/10
tagged skills: unarmed, sneak, throwing
planed traits: gifted, onehanded (alternatives to onehander: rabid or kamikaze)
planned perks: silent running, brutish hulk, hide of scars, bonus HtH attacks, better criticals, slayer (in this order)

planned team: Jax, Babs, BillyBob, Mandy, PipBoy/Dillon/Harold (I'm not sure on the 6th member, but probably PipBoy would make thing easiest)

@yoga
A challenge I have to you!
At defending Kansas City I lost 4 ghouls at the gates. See how many You will loose!

The challenge is accepted!

Be sure i will not loose even a finger of my team.

Ha ha ha Hurray!
Победа будет за нами! ( We will win!)
Brave speaks Russian also..:hihihi:

I tried Peter with his doctor's bag to heal Farsight, no result.
When i tried with some one to heal the girl, i received a message - Device needed.. What device?

.I spoke about last, third gate. I killed another 3 raiders and liberate some man. From the killed enemies i found a key for door of a switch. So problem was solved.

My present mission is to keep some vehicle Hummer. Nice but some 3 opponents hit me with rocket launcher and i was beaten.
Again! I have already feeling when the game will strike back..I follow the advise of Kmonster, Save yoga, save..
The last 15 passed games are all saved. Sadly i failed in Dungeon Master 2..
So sry, Caro Capo..

But You do not answer my Q about save files location, baraton?

I wish You good luck in Your last, final battle.
I know You will win.

If help needed, just call me. I am just around the corner - blue eyes and black hair. Sry my Hungarian is bad.

Ha ha ha

How much are total missions appr.?

twillight 17-08-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445071)
The challenge is accepted!
Be sure i will not loose even a finger of my team.

I tried Peter with his doctor's bag to heal Farsight, no result.
When i tried with some one to heal the girl, i received a message - Device needed.. What device?

.I spoke about last, third gate. I killed another 3 raiders and liberate some man. From the killed enemies i found a key for door of a switch. So problem was solved.

But You do not answer my Q about save files location, baraton?

I wish You good luck in Your last, final battle.
I know You will win.

If help needed, just call me. I am just around the corner - blue eyes and black hair. Sry my Hungarian is bad.

Ha ha ha

How much are total missions appr.?

For the challenge: it is not about loosing party members, but loosing the townguard ghoul NPCs!

To use the Doctor skill you must have a Doctor Bag in your hand, click on the doctor bag (or use the skill by shortkey or from the skilltab), and click on the target. The success is determined by the healer's doctor skill (thus you'll either see "healed XX HP", or "Fully Healed", or "Failure", or "Injured XX" in which case instead of making better you made the patient's state worse).

Missed the Q about saves, here they are: .../Fallout Tactics/core/user/save. (they are compatibility files)

The game provides 19 mission, the last mission containing 3 mission, thus making it 21, PLUS Mission Springfield, ending up at 22.
There are also 30 Special Encounters.

yoga 18-08-2012 07:33 AM

Danke Sehr.

Eagle of Fire 18-08-2012 03:05 PM

That would be almost impossible without knowing from where the attacks are coming from. :p

twillight 18-08-2012 05:10 PM

Yawn, finished.

I decided I'll decimate the whole last mission, so packed a lot of healing stuff, repair stuff, and allout ammo, then jumped in the vehicle, and cleared the way to Vault 0.

Endtime level: 24.

yoga 19-08-2012 08:48 AM

Dear twillight, my sincere Congratulations!!

Bravo, bravo!!

Wow!
What a mission, mama mia.
Prioria.
Have to complete 3 batteries.
I was careless thinking I will collect ammunitions from dead enemies. No.
My enemies were just cockroaches, weak but too much.
During the mission my ammunitions were near to minimal level.
But the worst was ahead.
When I collected the required 3 batteries and happy decided to left the underground … nice surprise..
3 outside ready turrets immediately shot down all my group.
Ah....
Practically my resources tend to zero.
With last efforts I fully healed my team and after desperate attempts pair after pair we left this dangerous place.
Note: Do not try to eliminate the turrets. Just lurk around. You will meet 5 active turrets inside the centre. Some more are non active. And 3 waiting at the surface. Beware!!
And buy more ammunition.
One good news. At last my healer Stitch fully healed the cripple arm of Farsight.
So I get rid to Stein and again recruit my favorite Farsight.
Now both ladies Rebecca and Farsight will provide fire from long distance and Peter, Stitch, Jax and Mandy will be the main commandos.
Hmm.. AK47 use too much patrons.
I will try to obtain nice energy weapons.
How to know if some weapon is fully loaded or not?
In FO I was able even to discharge the weapon.

Rocks? For what?
Maybe the brave twillight will used them when restart the game as Unarmed ghoul?

Vehicle Hummer? My vehicle in FO was nice storage room.

twillight 19-08-2012 11:17 AM

Heh, no 4th battery for yoga, who forgot to disable the outer turrets the same way he turned them on!

The weapons are automatically emptied when they are in your backpack. When held in hand their ammo is shown with green lights on the equipment slot if has any.

Rocks are (the lamest, but reusable) throwing weapons, and can be sold too.

yoga 19-08-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445133)
Heh, no 4th battery for yoga, who forgot to disable the outer turrets the same way he turned them on!

The weapons are automatically emptied when they are in your backpack. When held in hand their ammo is shown with green lights on the equipment slot if has any.

Rocks are (the lamest, but reusable) throwing weapons, and can be sold too.

Ha,
4-th battery?
Are You going crazy, barat?
No such..

You trick me, man.:smile2:

twillight 19-08-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445138)
Ha,
4-th battery?
Are You going crazy, barat?
No such..

You trick me, man.:smile2:

No trick. If no villager dies, the local elder gives you a fourth what means exp and promotion.

yoga 19-08-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445143)
No trick. If no villager dies, the local elder gives you a fourth what means exp and promotion.

:smile2:
But this is impossible, dear twillight?
Yes, yes ,maybe ..
I have to ignore that switch, this way 3 turrets at surface will be inactive and no dead villager?

But then my mission down will be harder.
Sry, i am novice and these extra nuances are unknown for me.

BTW, the vehicle stays somewhere in the desert and does not operate. Why?

Mission Quinsy town.

The lady mayor is freed.
Now same action for her daughter. What is the meaning of this switch at the roof in the room with siren and some rotating device i deactivated, please?

How do You feel after dead of bad Frank number 2?

Proud? Tired? or both?
Drink a cup of coffee or beer.
I will pay the bill.
:OK:

twillight 19-08-2012 06:45 PM

@yoga

The trick at the mission with the batteries is to only switch the switch for a short period of time. Run in, hide behind some barricade, switch back the switch, wait a little, repeat until you soldier reaches out.

About vehicles: they don't enter with you into missions, BUT when you leave the mission after completion, they'll be at you again.

The switch at the rotating siren is used to turn off that rotating siren to sound individual alarms all over the town. Sadly the rotating animation do not stop, but when you successfully disable it, you gain some exp to sign you did it right.
Basically it means if you turn it off, and at a location alarm is sound, only at the location where the alarm was sound will be the hostages in imediate danger, not at all location all over the map.

Thx for the drink, I actually finished the first mission with my deathclaw, and roamed around for some Special Encounter and level. I tried the Brahmin Armor, but it can not be worn by deathclaws :palm:
So to not make all the time wasted I went for the Brahmin Poker, because I could not steal the Elixir of Life, so I had to buy it.
To my experience I can fight at the same time 3 creatures from animals and humanoids (if no shotgun/AK47), or up to 5 wasps, or a baby deathclaw, but it is boring.
Interestingly I got a crippled right arm, but as that ment nothing to me I went away. Strangely it got healed after a day or two without medical help!
I get a lot of critical effects (cripled limbs), but what gives advantage is the knockdown effect where the enemy looses AP.

yoga 20-08-2012 06:03 AM

Dear twillight,

i think YOU are masochist at all.

In this lazy world You choose the worst team or protagonist to assure us that no impossible heroes.
Yes, true, but this costs a lot of time and efforts. Why?

...Where is this fuc.ed daughter of mayor? I do not want to investigate the whole big town..
Rats!!

OFF
You know the Prince has only 60 minutes to save his lovely Princess from Jaffair dungeon. Brave did it for 41 minutes. You?

Pls, take back your words Pagan 8 is a crap.:smile2:

.Still i am unable to buy rocket launchers. Peter is lvl 7.
Quincy town.
Repair?? How to?

I think FT is better FO1&2

twillight 20-08-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445184)
Dear twillight,

i think YOU are masochist at all.

In this lazy world You choose the worst team or protagonist to assure us that no impossible heroes.
Yes, true, but this costs a lot of time and efforts. Why?

...Where is this fuc.ed daughter of mayor? I do not want to investigate the whole big town..
Rats!!

OFF
You know the Prince has only 60 minutes to save his lovely Princess from Jaffair dungeon. Brave did it for 41 minutes. You?

Pls, take back your words Pagan 8 is a crap.:smile2:

.Still i am unable to buy rocket launchers. Peter is lvl 7.
Quincy town.
Repair?? How to?

I think FT is better FO1&2

Yes, I'm sometimes like masochist. Wish I had something better to do.
Btw, I'm not thinking unarmed will be useful through the whole of FT, but the rest of the team will be able to pull it through.

The location of the mayor's daughter is signed on the PipBoy's map, AND told by the mayor (conversation is recorded in the PipBoy). But she is in the central building of the town, the workplaye of the mayor(ess), the City Hall. Try that.
Btw, on the upper left corner of the map is a metal armor mark II for you.

Rocket Launchers will come way later. If you really want one go the the left portion of the map and try to find random encounters with supermutants.

PS: Never said Ultima 8 is crap. I said the inventory-system scared me away from it. If that'd be redrawn it'd be an excelent game.

yoga 20-08-2012 04:26 PM

Something is wrong

I did mission Quincy.

But, strange, the mission was ended after rescuing that famous girl. I remember her mam told me to rescue some 2 electricians in generator station. And to save some local hero.
Why so?
Keine annung.

Passed are:
1. Brahmin wood
2. Freeport
3. Rock falls
4. Macomb
5. Preoria
6. Quincy

Now I will do mission Mardin.

Its great idea to have Deathclaws to my side. They are very strong creatures.

twillight 20-08-2012 06:15 PM

Yes, there are two sidemissions mentioned by the mayor of that town, AND two sidemission what are not mentioned.
All sidemission provides you karma, promotion in BoS, exp, and in case of the ghoutown's rescue mission more recruits (ghouls).

Deathclaw recruits are TERRIBLE, as they can only do unarmed combat or use throwing weapons. They also can not use ANY armor (including Brahmin Armor).

yoga 21-08-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445204)
Yes, there are two sidemissions mentioned by the mayor of that town, AND two sidemission what are not mentioned.
All sidemission provides you karma, promotion in BoS, exp, and in case of the ghoutown's rescue mission more recruits (ghouls).

Deathclaw recruits are TERRIBLE, as they can only do unarmed combat or use throwing weapons. They also can not use ANY armor (including Brahmin Armor).

OK.
After mission Mardin i will return to Quincy to do these 2 side missions.
In Mardin i killed the Emperor but met very strong opposition. Now i will restore, organize my team and start second submission.
Note: I found so many stuff and i will complete it at special place to return for it in a mean time.
The weapons are so much that i feel upset what patron is for that weapon.
But still do not find Gatling laser?
What is the game FT:New Vegas, pls?
Or FO3?
:ph34r:

twillight 21-08-2012 06:28 AM

Not sure you can return to do sidemissions, but we'll see.

To carry out all equipment form a map put one character on the exit grid, start to pick up stuff and give 'em to that sole character while at least another character never steps on the exit grid (so do mission won't end).
The packed character will be immobile, but able to travel the worldmap, and even sit into vehicles.

Gatling Laser comes very late. Hack, all laser weapons come pretty late (although some can be found/bought/stolen in special encounters with plenty of ammo).

F3: link
F New Vegas: link, link

yoga 21-08-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445216)
Not sure you can return to do sidemissions, but we'll see.

To carry out all equipment form a map put one character on the exit grid, start to pick up stuff and give 'em to that sole character while at least another character never steps on the exit grid (so do mission won't end).
The packed character will be immobile, but able to travel the worldmap, and even sit into vehicles.

Gatling Laser comes very late. Hack, all laser weapons come pretty late (although some can be found/bought/stolen in special encounters with plenty of ammo).

F3: link
F New Vegas: link, link

FO3 is Doom3-like probably.
Vegas-we will see.
You give me good idea for stuff transport, baraton.
No restock in both bunkers.:dislike:

And the game is very unstable with my PC.
Every 30-45 minutes error message appeared: The program will close ..and kaput.

yoga 21-08-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445220)
Vegas-we will see.
You give me good idea for stuff transport, baraton.
No restock in both bunkers.:dislike:

And the game is very unstable with my PC.
Every 30-45 minutes error message appeared: The program will close ..and kaput.

SOS!

I accomplished Mardin mission killing the Emperor and liberating Matriarch.

But Peter and Jax were radiated and all team members are overladen.

When trying to back to Bunkers Jax died because of radiation.

Howto heal both heroes?

twillight 21-08-2012 12:27 PM

Use RadAway on them.

Capo 21-08-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445220)

Seriously what ? :huh:

Kelbert 21-08-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood-Pigggy (Post 285847)
The movie wasn't good, it was poor.

Enclave and their oil platform and "SEx GuNz"

There is a Fallout MOVIE?!

yoga 21-08-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 445235)
Seriously what ? :huh:

He he he.

Pls do not catch me for the words.
I have 8 sec. to see FO3.

But i know Doom 3 very well.

yoga 21-08-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445227)
Use RadAway on them.

Mission Mardin is accomplished.
Hard work.

Yes, i returned after the mission and took all remaining stuff.

After careful analysis i decide to sell the next weapons as no so powerful:
1.UZI
2.Casual pistol
3.Scorpio
4.Both Berettas
5.M16A1

twillight 21-08-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445242)
After careful analysis i decide to sell the next weapons as no so powerful:

There is a factor at shops that they pay less for stuff they already have. So unless you want to BUY something, it is not worth selling anything.

But as in Bunker Gamma you'll be able to gamble away all the storeage of the quatermaster, who gives a damn of course.

EDIT:
Finished Mission 2 with my deathclaw. With the horrible small arms skill of Jax I had to plan accordingly and use double barell shotguns extensively (the sleeping pairs are just offering themselves to use that weapon anyway), but it turned out kinda interresting.
But Mission 3 seems demanding, and there is no Mandy for me yet (meh on the 2 CH), so I very much think will pick up PipBoy imediatelly. Seems if you only get 1 Special Encounter per those Special Grids you get THE Special Encounter it is supposed to give, so I have hope.
Used Molotov Coctail once to make some (turned out melee) thugs on me.

yoga 21-08-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445248)
There is a factor at shops that they pay less for stuff they already have. So unless you want to BUY something, it is not worth selling anything.

But as in Bunker Gamma you'll be able to gamble away all the storeage of the quatermaster, who gives a damn of course.

EDIT:
Finished Mission 2 with my deathclaw. With the horrible small arms skill of Jax I had to plan accordingly and use double barell shotguns extensively (the sleeping pairs are just offering themselves to use that weapon anyway), but it turned out kinda interresting.
But Mission 3 seems demanding, and there is no Mandy for me yet (meh on the 2 CH), so I very much think will pick up PipBoy imediatelly. Seems if you only get 1 Special Encounter per those Special Grids you get THE Special Encounter it is supposed to give, so I have hope.
Used Molotov Coctail once to make some (turned out melee) thugs on me.

Great work! Bravo twillight!

Not so with brave.
Mission St. Luis
Approaching HQ I was stopped by some invisible mines, which exploded and make me cry.
How to de activate these ones, if mines or like?

Some our soldier Burke exploded near the bridge. Is it normal or i have to help?

Capo 21-08-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445241)
He he he.

F3 has nothing to do with doom3 clueless yoga.

yoga 22-08-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 445253)
F3 has nothing to do with doom3 clueless yoga.

OK, dear Mr. Rickett.

What about FT? Mission? Level?
Do You advance?

twillight 22-08-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445251)
Great work! Bravo twillight!

Not so with brave.
Mission St. Luis
Approaching HQ I was stopped by some invisible mines, which exploded and make me cry.
How to de activate these ones, if mines or like?

Some our soldier Burke exploded near the bridge. Is it normal or i have to help?

You CAN'T enter the HQ as those mines are undetectable and not disarmable.

Also if you approach too fast with low traps skill and/or perception, it is possible to step on a yet unspotted trap.

Tomekk 22-08-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445241)
He he he.

Doom 3 has to be one of the most boring First-Person Shooters ever made, where all you do is jerk around faintly lit corridors and shoot at every dark corner because something is guaranteed to jump out from there... for the one millionth time.

Fallout 3 is an open-ended post-apocalyptic RPG with a first person perspective. >.>

yoga 22-08-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomekk (Post 445266)
Doom 3 has to be one of the most boring First-Person Shooters ever made, where all you do is jerk around faintly lit corridors and shoot at every dark corner because something is guaranteed to jump out from there... for the one millionth time.

Fallout 3 is an open-ended post-apocalyptic RPG with a first person perspective. >.>

OK, OK, Orion Master,

For 10 secunds time i was abble to see only that the graphics of both games are not so different.

@Mister Rickett:perv:

With all my respect and like to YOU Mr. Rickett i will very politely disagree with Your opinion above concerning our dispute for FO3 and Doom3.
:whistling:
ha ha ha
Why Your Majesty ignored my Q 'bout FT?
brave never forget anything.
..and BoK?

Maybe, maybe is better to ask for judge well respected game history specialist from Hungary Mr. Hunvagy?
Si?

@twillight
So, i need levitate spell or flying machine.
No exit!

twillight 22-08-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445270)
@twillight
So, i need levitate spell or flying machine.
No exit!

St. Luis is a RESCUE mission. You have to find some BoS-member who went in and ended up cut at the locations signed by the PipBoy map.
Find them, heal who sill lives, then you'll be able to leave the mission, as THAT is what completes the mission.

Capo 22-08-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445261)
What about FT? Mission? Level?
Do You advance?

I finished FT years and years ago, i only remember that the plasma chaingun(?) was pretty strong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445270)
With all my respect and like to YOU Mr. Rickett i will very politely disagree with Your opinion above concerning our dispute for FO3 and Doom3.

Why do you disagree brave yoga ? Fo3 and doom 3 are completely different games :suspicious:

yoga 22-08-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445273)
St. Luis is a RESCUE mission. You have to find some BoS-member who went in and ended up cut at the locations signed by the PipBoy map.
Find them, heal who sill lives, then you'll be able to leave the mission, as THAT is what completes the mission.

Aha,
some like soldier Burke.

Rodger that, General twillight.

yoga 22-08-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 445279)
I finished FT years and years ago, i only remember that the plasma chaingun(?) was pretty strong.
Why do you disagree brave yoga ? Fo3 and doom 3 are completely different games :suspicious:

Why, the hell, everyone in AB played all the games before the brave?
Even yoga completed about 60 games?
Rats!!

Well, well
Mr. Rickett let stop our discussion because resque operation is fatal and have to be done with no time. They wait my help, poor warriors.
I have to retreat from entrance of Mutant HQ, see the PipBoy map and imm. directs my commandos to injured men.
Hard times for brave.

twillight 22-08-2012 09:29 PM

Proudly present I've just finished Mission 3!

For some strange reason enemy came out from all kind of places to the front gate, both a good and bad thing.

My main strategy was to throw a granade on the group I attack, then shred them barehanded.
Of course there were many places where I needed ranged fire, but I never used hunting rifle this time, instead FNFal and AK47's burst mode.

As no doc, I used no few stimpacks, but after this mission Mandy became avaiable at last.

Tried out some punchgun, but although it provided somewhat better damage it lost the chance for criticals, so I dropped it.

EDIT: forgot this, but cool: exped up to lvl 6 to be able to have Silent Running. This makes unarmed combat much more effective. But even without stealth steping out from wall to throw a granade then step back at real time was working well at the final fight in M3.
But when you are detected by anything (even neutral creatures), they'll keep sense you form insane distances. So silent running is very-very advised with stealth-intense characters.

And finaly: poison is bull*@#. It deals a mere 1 damage per THIRTY seconds! Does something like 7-13 dmg in all, AND not works on robots. So don't even flirt with the Talon of Fear perk!
Also if you travel on the worldmap while poisoned the poison will be deactivated and will start to hurt you when you get back the normal gameplay from when you skipped. AND while traveling on the worldmap you will be healed - not from the poison, but by HP.
To give an example: the poison will hurt you 7 more HP, and you have 2 HP left. You exit to the worldmap and travel the duration you'd be healed for 20 HP. When you get back to normal gameplay you'll have 22 HP waiting for 7 HP of poison dmg to suffer (from what you imediatelly suffer 1 poison dmg).
Poison isn't serious in FT, but this hurts the feature even more :(

Capo 22-08-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445287)
Why, the hell, everyone in AB played all the games before the brave?
Even yoga completed about 60 games?
Rats!!

Im playing lands of lore 3, start that one now :sneaky:

yoga 23-08-2012 05:11 AM

stopped

I do not know your team now, twillight?

Mine?
Peter, Stitch, Jax, Mandy, Rebecca and Farsight.

According to PipBoy map i found my first fallen soldier, named Burke. He is green colored, located near the bridge before Mutant HQ and despite all my efforts to heal this man, he exploded because some device which connect the poor man with C4. I tried to heal with my best doc Stitch - 125 Doctor points. No result.
I received message "Required item"??? Which one?
Grahhh!!!

Another soldier have to be 20 meters SW from the vehicle, but i am unable to find him!

Now i am going to find soldier N 1. They are 4 soldiers to rescue.

I remember very bad that there was some sketch from FO2 of some ranged good weapon which allow to point your shot, namely: eyes, head etc. Remember?

twillight 23-08-2012 05:56 AM

@yoga

As I previously told my team is: me (race: deathclaw), Jax, PipBoy, Mandy, and later Babs and BillyBob will be additions when avaiable.

The guy blew up by C4 is not to be healed. If you'd've listened to what he says you'd know he was entrapped by some supermutant, so you job was to deactivate that trap.

Using the Doctor-skill requires you have in your hand a Doc-kit still.

Most BoS who you need to find are actually dead. The only survivals are the person who is boggled by the C4 map and a group of Bos at the last location along a blew up hummer in a bomb-crater.

All weapons allow you to aim the bodypart of your choice except those what only have burst mode (aka. BigGuns). You also can't aim bodyparts if you have the Fast Shot trait.

yoga 23-08-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445301)
@yoga

As I previously told my team is: me (race: deathclaw), Jax, PipBoy, Mandy, and later Babs and BillyBob will be additions when avaiable.

The guy blew up by C4 is not to be healed. If you'd've listened to what he says you'd know he was entrapped by some supermutant, so you job was to deactivate that trap.

Using the Doctor-skill requires you have in your hand a Doc-kit still.

Most BoS who you need to find are actually dead. The only survivals are the person who is boggled by the C4 map and a group of Bos at the last location along a blew up hummer in a bomb-crater.

All weapons allow you to aim the bodypart of your choice except those what only have burst mode (aka. BigGuns). You also can't aim bodyparts if you have the Fast Shot trait.

Dear twillight,
You speak about this game with such expert tone and competence that i begin to suspect You are one of its creators. True?
There were no fields of the game You dont know.
Why Mandy is so special for You? Some romance?:D
But You said before that Deathclaw is the worst partner?
Now You are Deathclaw??

One very important for me Q:
Is it a good idea to start exploring the area hoping to find some encounters, fighting and find good modern weapons for example Plasma gun as our Caro Capo stated before; also up my XP?

twillight 23-08-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445303)
Why Mandy is so special for You? Some romance?:D
But You said before that Deathclaw is the worst partner?
Now You are Deathclaw??

One very important for me Q:
Is it a good idea to start exploring the area hoping to find some encounters, fighting and find good modern weapons for example Plasma gun as our Caro Capo stated before; also up my XP?

For me with patch Mandy is a very-very good character. Comes early, very high small guns skill, high first aid skill (so she is good medic too from start), has 6 ST (so can handle any weapon except Browning, but she is sniper anyway, so goes for Energy Weapons later on), has tonns of skillpoints (9 IN + skilled what can be mutated away, but still 9 IN is overload), can have all the ranged attack perks. She is so good she could be a player-made character!

And yes, I'm now deathclaw. Yes they are the worst, BUT as I explained they are the best choice for a melee character, what noone created in Fallout Tactics because they s*ck (the other possibilities are energy weapons with extreme range costing 3 AP per shot for good damage against single targets, or Big Guns with moderate range costing 2 AP per shot for awesome damage on crowd. In comparsion melee combatants must fight close combat costing 2 AP for low damage against single targets - although I've heared some better damage with Cattleprod's secondary attack and Power Fist is untried equipment). This is an extreme playthrough where I'll try to use the maximum an unarmed character (can only be reasoned as protagonist to be able totally micromanagement it), but I think during the later mission it will be dead meat to carry around by the other members of the crew.

During random encounters gaining exp is very grinding, but it is up to you to try.

Some special encounters worth finding, but none has energy weapons. They mostly provide some more small guns, maybe one or two lower tear big gun, and better armor then you can find early (namely a metal armor, an enviromental armor, and maybe one more what I don't remember now, and of course the all-so-special Brahmin Armor what only works for ghouls, supermutants and PipBoy). Oh, and one gives you 30K ringpulls (wasteland currency).
They are funny, but not really important. Also as I've mentioned previously they are to be found at SET LOCATIONS, not at random locations! So google the map of 'em if you want to find them.

yoga 23-08-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445304)
For me with patch Mandy is a very-very good character. Comes early, very high small guns skill, high first aid skill (so she is good medic too from start), has 6 ST (so can handle any weapon except Browning, but she is sniper anyway, so goes for Energy Weapons later on), has tonns of skillpoints (9 IN + skilled what can be mutated away, but still 9 IN is overload), can have all the ranged attack perks. She is so good she could be a player-made character!

And yes, I'm now deathclaw. Yes they are the worst, BUT as I explained they are the best choice for a melee character, what noone created in Fallout Tactics because they s*ck (the other possibilities are energy weapons with extreme range costing 3 AP per shot for good damage against single targets, or Big Guns with moderate range costing 2 AP per shot for awesome damage on crowd. In comparsion melee combatants must fight close combat costing 2 AP for low damage against single targets - although I've heared some better damage with Cattleprod's secondary attack and Power Fist is untried equipment). This is an extreme playthrough where I'll try to use the maximum an unarmed character (can only be reasoned as protagonist to be able totally micromanagement it), but I think during the later mission it will be dead meat to carry around by the other members of the crew.

During random encounters gaining exp is very grinding, but it is up to you to try.

Some special encounters worth finding, but none has energy weapons. They mostly provide some more small guns, maybe one or two lower tear big gun, and better armor then you can find early (namely a metal armor, an enviromental armor, and maybe one more what I don't remember now, and of course the all-so-special Brahmin Armor what only works for ghouls, supermutants and PipBoy). Oh, and one gives you 30K ringpulls (wasteland currency).
They are funny, but not really important. Also as I've mentioned previously they are to be found at SET LOCATIONS, not at random locations! So google the map of 'em if you want to find them.

Wow! Wow!

You, man, has no brain but super PC in your head...

Lazy brave can only said:
I am proud to speak with this MAN!!

One very stupid Q:

I do not like the face of my Rebecca. Any idea? As i know no any plastic surgeon in FT.

I did a stupid mistake- all 5 commandos except Farsight were equipped with better armor and their AC increased. Only that girl is with weak armor and now i have to keep alive..

Anyway what do You do if for example some of yr warriors dies?
Resurrect or bury with all salutes?

twillight 23-08-2012 10:37 AM

I've never tried, but people were unsatisfied with portaits too, so they developed how to change 'em. Maybe NoMutantsAllowed.com has some idea to start with.

Don't worry about armor too much. There are solutions: give the one with weak armor long range weapon, only use the person on instakill ambushes (this is especially likable as weak armor don't ruin your stealth), position the person back to avoid getting shot at, or even leave behind until someone gets injured in your strike-team and then exchange armor to this fullhealth member. Be Tactic!

If any of my warrior die I use The Most Powerful Spell of All: save&load. I never liked the idea of recruiting new (less efficient) members. But that doesn't mean it is not an option. It will make the game harder, but it won't make it undoable (unless too many dies and you run out of people with weapon skills).

yoga 23-08-2012 04:08 PM

Bad news, sry.

Senior Burke dies. He said something about he regrets that not shot the general, who was captured. I dully disarmed this BoS but the end was fatal..
RIP, brave soldier.

I am advancing now to the last possible location of my target. But my vehicle was stopped by two mines. Moreover there are 2 small buildings after these mines.In these check-points are hidden 2 mutants. Now i have to delete these bad ones. The first two attempts were without success.

..Good advice for killed commando. I also know this nice spell. Yes, Farsight has ranged weapon and nice sneaking points. 111.

..I killed both opps but why i am unable to shot these mines and free the road for my vehicle. Another pair waits for me after barricades.

twillight 23-08-2012 05:22 PM

It is not impossible to shoot out mines, just very hard as they are tiny targets (hard to aim), do splash damage when destroyed (have to stand far away), and has high damage treshold (can suffer damage without being hurt).

Usually burst mode of shotguns do the trick, although with a couple of barrels form AK47s can work also (but it cost a lot of bullets). But if you carried into the mission repair kits, you shouldn't have problem riding over mines.

Btw, don't forget that between the start and the first wp is a low-ceiling bunker where you can only crawl under. There is a chest with a Sniper Rifle.

yoga 23-08-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445312)
It is not impossible to shoot out mines, just very hard as they are tiny targets (hard to aim), do splash damage when destroyed (have to stand far away), and has high damage treshold (can suffer damage without being hurt).

Usually burst mode of shotguns do the trick, although with a couple of barrels form AK47s can work also (but it cost a lot of bullets). But if you carried into the mission repair kits, you shouldn't have problem riding over mines.

Btw, don't forget that between the start and the first wp is a low-ceiling bunker where you can only crawl under. There is a chest with a Sniper Rifle.

I have to do my best because without APC my mission will be not accomplished.
Yes, I found that Sniper.
Yes, I reached and healed all these four Tala men aka BoS.
Yes, I cleared the road to BoS.
BTW, when i did another mission with vehicle i had no any problem to blow up the barricades.

This mission is truly real mission at all. 2 days i fight and fight.
How to minimize the "friendly fire"? I organize my team as spread fan to avoid being shot deadly by a friend.
You?

yoga 23-08-2012 07:56 PM

Hey, something is wrong when i try to attach my picture.

The program does not show me the listing with my previous attachments.

Why?

twillight 23-08-2012 07:59 PM

I usually govern only 2-3 person at the same time if they use burst fire to avoid friendly fire.
Heck, it is useful to avoid enemy burst fires too.

As 2 with burst fire will never hit each other (unless they are right behind each other) if I have 3 with burst I control 1 manually for best position.

Not to forget there is a "formation on" settings in the option menu (not that I'd use that, but might worth a try).

Also if you're inside a vehicle, friendly fire is not possible (but your "to hit %" will be lowered).

yoga 24-08-2012 10:50 AM

Hurray!

Yes, brave was so experienced and he solved the vehicle mines problem.

My strategy:
After i stupidly lost 10 hours to try to shot these 4 mines before my ACP i took another decision:
Stitch simply took the right mine from the pair of the beginning. This way brave who is nice driver very slowly led the vehicle aside of 3 remaining mines. No explosion at all.
I reached the healed Tala BoS team and took them all.
Nice!

But stupid yoga does not know where the exit point is. Shame!!
Would be so kind refresh my memory?
Thank You, Danke, Merci, Благодаря!

twillight 24-08-2012 01:42 PM

In the lower left corner.

Me too just finished that mission, and turned out Scorpion smgs don't really can hurt my deathclaw, so it was useful. Not effective, but useful. To be honest against the raiders on the roof where the key to the second door is it was even at least safe.

In Preoria I left the turrets as you, yoga: villagers died. I don't care this time. Used up basically all the antidotes provided. Roachcor was BLOODY DANGEROUS as its poison HURTS. Damn, I never seen it doing anything previously. Interrestingly it seemed to be disabled after hitting it with an incineration granade, so after that one granade I killed it with molotov coctails. If I tried getting melee it spit more slime on me what was not good. So I've used cocktails.

yoga 24-08-2012 02:24 PM

Tremble Frank 2. yoga is approaching.

Humble brave is proud to inform You that mission St. Louis is accomplished.

Now he with commandos started gorilla war in Jefferson.

I know how to eliminate Super Mutant with one warrior. For example Peter with Sniper. Now i have Rocket Launcher with 15 rockets and Fire Flamer with 6 balloons. Laser pistol also. Happy man, a?:hihihi:

BTW, i saw a helicopter. Do You used this device, clever twillight and what do You think 'bout this idea?

Nice game, probably better than FO1 and FO2.

Si, Caro Capo or FO3 is better than FT? I dunno, i am clueless gamer.

OFF
But where is Hunvagy?

Holiday? Marriage?
AB is boring place without Hunvagy.

Capo 24-08-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445337)
Si, Caro Capo or FO3 is better than FT? I dunno, i am clueless gamer.

Totally different games.

twillight 24-08-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445337)
BTW, i saw a helicopter. Do You used this device, clever twillight and what do You think 'bout this idea?

Meh, next time you'll ask wether you can use the space-shuttle?

Even the android protagonist of F2 couldn't handle a heli!

yoga 25-08-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445345)
Meh, next time you'll ask wether you can use the space-shuttle?

Even the android protagonist of F2 couldn't handle a heli!

Hmmm..
then why Pilot option is available?

yoga 25-08-2012 06:16 AM

Mission Jefferson

3 generators destroyed. One left.

@twillight

Preoria

I was naive to think i am able to destroy turret.
20 Molotov cocktails for nothing.:3:
Do You check the far last locker? Near the turret?Remember? I did not.

twillight 25-08-2012 07:03 AM

"Pilot" is to drive vehicles. Avaiable vehicles in FT are cars. You know, like "F1-pilot" (= formula 1, that stupid, overhyped car race in the RL).

To destroy towers in Preoria you need shotgun shells. Automatic shotguns (from special encounters) work best.

Maybe I skip some containers too now and then, but that's affordable. Last time for example I did not notice one of the turrets of Preoria is already destroyed (but it has lower ammo, mere 50, anyway).

yoga 25-08-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445359)
"Pilot" is to drive vehicles. Avaiable vehicles in FT are cars. You know, like "F1-pilot" (= formula 1, that stupid, overhyped car race in the RL).

To destroy towers in Preoria you need shotgun shells. Automatic shotguns (from special encounters) work best.

Maybe I skip some containers too now and then, but that's affordable. Last time for example I did not notice one of the turrets of Preoria is already destroyed (but it has lower ammo, mere 50, anyway).

Ha ha ha,

I remember that destroyed turret. It is in the second room after 2 peaceful turrets in the fist room in direction to last battery.

Mission Jefferson is accomplished.

Enter Kansas city.

Wow!!
About 10-12 S Mutants attacked our forces around the west gate. And 1 with R Launcher is waiting for us hidden after barricade..
Mama mia...
Do You remember that episode Caro Capo?

twillight, may we play FT in multiplayer mode? You and me?

yoga 25-08-2012 03:49 PM

new famous victory of brave in KC

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445365)
Ha ha ha,

I remember that destroyed turret. It is in the second room after 2 peaceful turrets in the fist room in direction to last battery.

Mission Jefferson is accomplished.

Enter Kansas city.

Wow!!
About 10-12 S Mutants attacked our forces around the west gate. And 1 with R Launcher is waiting for us hidden after barricade..
Mama mia...

twillight, may we play FT in multiplayer mode? You and me?

Kansas city mission

Mates, can You imagine?

Just brave arrived in Kansas city and terrible Super Mutants attack launched.

My commandos took position around the south gate with 3-4 ghouls.
First enemy wave was terrible.
9 S Mutants attacked. Gladly Jax used the Plasma pistol and the 3 ladies used very nice their rifle guns. Peter and Stitch used their Snipers.
The result:
The enemies were all killed.
We lost 4 ghouls.

But after a minute second wafe of enemies arrived. Now 5 SM. Killed.

At last was killed an enemy sniper hidden in high platform with rocket launcher. But he was so bad shutter.
Ha ha ha, its rockets were like a nock of birds..:hihihi:

This battle was similar to the battle with poor Frank.

yoga the proud brave

twillight 25-08-2012 04:04 PM

@yoga

Maybe next weekend.

Btw, how went the fight at the nort and south gates? The losses THERE?

Capo 25-08-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445365)
Wow!!
Mama mia...

Actually no, i played that game 10 years ago :perv:

Anyway that is the weapon i was talking about

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ss_minigun.png

yoga 26-08-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445371)
@yoga

Maybe next weekend.

Btw, how went the fight at the nort and south gates? The losses THERE?

OK for multiplayer, even i know You better than me.:smile2:

No, no any casualties at both gates.

In fact mission Kansas City is accomplished and i went to home.

yoga 26-08-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 445372)
Actually no, i played that game 10 years ago :perv:

Anyway that is the weapon i was talking about

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ss_minigun.png

Hmmm. this is the famous Plasma gun.

I still have not.
Have 2 Plasma pistols.

yoga 26-08-2012 04:15 AM

Dear Mod, I meet problem trying to attach my picture.

When i press button Manage Attachments and upload the picture in question, i do not see the listing of all my old pictures. Why?
The picture is larger and exceeds the forum limit.

Can You help me, please?

TY

yoga

yoga 26-08-2012 12:50 PM

mission Kansas City is accomplished

You have to use Your brain when eliminated second S. Mutants attack at north gate.
Joker:
look up

I started new mission
but...

I realize how the tactic of S. Mutants is changed. They have new weapon - terrible Browning M2. Moreover they do not wait to be attacked but they start and seek attack!
They are more aggressive and better organized. They attack in group.

I have to create new tactic ASAP.

yoga 26-08-2012 05:35 PM

I passed the first submission:

I killed Gammorin.

But where the hell is hidden general Karnaky?

No idea. The directions said he is near to killed Menace?

Hard, very hard mission. Every step is so difficult.
Why my commandos are so b(m)ad grenade throwers?
They not kill the opps but their comrades!!!
And No, No stimpackes!!!

twillight 26-08-2012 05:50 PM

You find info about Barnaky's whereabouts
- at the dying mutant
- in the briefcase
- on the holodisc

To be able to throw granades successfully you'll need at least 60% (80% is better) in throwing. Keep in mind their short distance, and that they although can be thrown above fences, they can't be thrown over all obstacles.

Me grinded to lvl8, not started the big hostage-mission yet.

yoga 27-08-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445413)
You find info about Barnaky's whereabouts
- at the dying mutant
- in the briefcase
- on the holodisc

To be able to throw granades successfully you'll need at least 60% (80% is better) in throwing. Keep in mind their short distance, and that they although can be thrown above fences, they can't be thrown over all obstacles.

Me grinded to lvl8, not started the big hostage-mission yet.

I have the letter of Barnaky to his wife Maria, but strangely, it is readable?
Maybe have no read points?

yoga 27-08-2012 08:35 AM

Mission Osceolla is accomplished

This is 11-th mission.

More 8 left, Dear twillight?

The victorious army of brave just entered Junction city - mission 12-th!

My memory serves me bad but maybe similar town i met in FO1+2?

At last in Bunker Delta i met Medical officer, but his resources are not enough.

TREMBLE BAD FRANK 2, brave is approaching..

Twillight, only polite Q:
Is bad Frank 2 live creature or robot?
TY

twillight 27-08-2012 08:43 AM

In F1 was a city called "Junktown". Yes, Junction City is a reference to that. Good luck to the energy weapons.

No, I won't tell you anything about the Final Boss. That'd be too much spoiler.

But to clear your mind on Barnaky's disappearance: he was captured at St. Luis and taken to Gamorrin, but en route they met a robot strike team who took the general.

yoga 27-08-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445427)
In F1 was a city called "Junktown". Yes, Junction City is a reference to that. Good luck to the energy weapons.

No, I won't tell you anything about the Final Boss. That'd be too much spoiler.

But to clear your mind on Barnaky's disappearance: he was captured at St. Luis and taken to Gamorrin, but en route they met a robot strike team who took the general.

Aha, thats why i do not find poor general Barnaky.
Anyway it is no normal so high range officer to be involved in military actions.
Very, very seldom maybe in the aviation.

Ty for wishing me luck with the energy weapon.

BTW, during your gameplay do You meet a group of 12 !! attacking SMutants? I met and was down of minimal time.
Still my tactic is oriented for long distance battle and i have no good stop power when many attackers run as the champ U. Bolt on me.
I do not like weapons which use 300 bullets for no time.
Soon i will provide data for my team in details.

Thanks a lot for info for the bad final boss.
heh, ha ha ha

For this act You will pay with many blood next holiday, mortal!
:sucks:

yoga 27-08-2012 03:45 PM

This fuc-ed stupid file bos.exe stop working every single minute!!!!
Grrrrrr!!!
I have to press Alt+S after every action.
No such game....

I am just from battlefield in Junction city.
My quest is to retrieve robot parts. But general does not tell me how many parts.
Till now i retrieved 4 parts namely> Robot head, arm,activator and part.
Pip tells me the submission is not completed.
But some part was stolen by Reavers and it is in their camp. To take this part i have to visit the camp. But this is impossible, said Pip boy.
There is something wrong - probably brave makes some fail.
Little help will be highly appreciated.

Caro Capo, brave haves 2 super plasma rifles.

OFF
Juve has 40 matches without single loss.
Bravissimo!!

twillight 27-08-2012 05:24 PM

Dunno what's your problem. The Raver-Camp is at the northeast corner of the map, consists a single villa. Dunno wether some reaver or a container have the part.

Btw, you better re-examine that "part".

Also don't forget to hire the mechanic.

yoga 27-08-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445453)
Dunno what's your problem. The Raver-Camp is at the northeast corner of the map, consists a single villa. Dunno wether some reaver or a container have the part.

Btw, you better re-examine that "part".

Also don't forget to hire the mechanic.

:lame:
No, i healed the father of mechanic and he is already on our side. For healing i received good price - 7500 Exp Points.

The problem is solved after i attacked that camp. Good battle.

Dont understand why have to examine this part?

The mission Junktown is accomplished and the commandos just entered the new (forget the name - sry - town).

Brave is going to the bed.

yoga 28-08-2012 08:50 AM

:whops:
Stupid fuc-ed program!

I not recommend this game at all.

It is so buggy and stops every 2-3 minutes.

Let be correct: As a game FT is real diamond, as a program is crap.

It is my private opinion only.

All team members - level 14
Peter - AC 22, HP 111, 6855676
Stitch - AC 26, HP 96, 5844685
Jax - AC 15, HP 113, 6875976
Mandy - AC 27, HP 113, 6674575
Rebecca - AC 28, HP 93, 6455965
Farsight - AC 27, HP 96, 6767975

Meaning of the numbers
ST,PE,EN,CH,IN,AG,LK

twillight 28-08-2012 12:06 PM

Strange. I meet with 1.27 patch no freezing out at all.

I've just finished Quincy, and hired Babs and BillyBob. Will need to level them up once to remove especially BillyBob radiating all my party.

The deathclaw of mine was more a meat-shield than anything in this mission, although offered some nice tricks (granade throwing, easier siren disarming), felt like being Rambo (in the first movie). Stealth is now 100%, allows me to reach right next to my target from behind during daylight when running.

Capo 28-08-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445447)
Caro Capo, brave haves 2 super plasma rifles.

OFF
Juve has 40 matches without single loss.
Bravissimo!!

You need the MEC Gauss minigun.

Juve :OK:

yoga 28-08-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 445485)
You need the MEC Gauss minigun.

Juve :OK:

Si, i will do my best.

yoga 28-08-2012 07:29 PM

Mission Great band is accomplished.

Just entered new one - Coldwater.

yoga 29-08-2012 04:12 PM

brave in trouble

Just entered new one - Coldwater

Please help.

I found set of 2 Broken armors and transfer to Auditor, acc. to directions given.
But nothing happen?!
Mission is not accomplished.

What more to do? More armor or what? All the enemies are killed.

Something with me is wrong. I am down. I played and played the episode with
bad Guldo Skiavo, who was killed with his guards.

Help please!

..After 3 minutes>
Pls to be excused. The problem is solved and i found the 3-th set of armor.

Simply i decided to fight and then check the dead bodies. And forgot one body.

ha ha ha
its happen, even with brave/

yoga 29-08-2012 06:54 PM

14 Missions are accomplished.
Including Coldwater.

Just started Newton.

twillight 29-08-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445564)
14 Missions are accomplished.
Including Coldwater.

Just started Newton.

The end is near!

yoga 30-08-2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445565)
The end is near!

OK, but why my heroes are not able to use Browning M2 gun? Strange.

My Small guns and Energy weapons are more than 100 points.

twillight 30-08-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445570)
OK, but why my heroes are not able to use Browning M2 gun? Strange.

My Small guns and Energy weapons are more than 100 points.

Strenght requirement.

yoga 30-08-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445571)
Strenght requirement.

OK.
First person required is found.

Caro Capo, i will recommend also another nice weapon.
H&K Caws
Brave stands upright before opp and simply sends it to better world.:3:

OFF
Yesterday was funny day.
The Italy newspaper Gazzetta del Sport announced:
Dimitar Berbatov, my country man from FC MU contracted with FC Fiorentina.
After 2 hours: With FC Juve. You know this team, right?
After more 2 hours: Finally with FC Fullham.

ha ha ha
crazy world

twillight 30-08-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445575)
OK.
First person required is found.

Caro Capo, i will recommend also another nice weapon.
H&K Caws
Brave stands upright before opp and simply sends it to better world.:3:

Caws? You should have a PancorJackhammer by now. With electric bullets.

yoga 30-08-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445577)
Caws? You should have a PancorJackhammer by now. With electric bullets.

You vote for Pancor? OK.

I had it this weapon and maybe was sold somewhere.
I will buy back and compare both ones.

What about You?

After Quinsy?

PS: Some days i play all the day without single interruption. Hm.....
:)

Capo 30-08-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445575)
OFF
Yesterday was funny day.
The Italy newspaper Gazzetta del Sport announced:
Dimitar Berbatov, my country man from FC MU contracted with FC Fiorentina.
After 2 hours: With FC Juve. You know this team, right?
After more 2 hours: Finally with FC Fullham.

ha ha ha
crazy world

Is a shame his wife doesnt want to come in italy :lame:

yoga 30-08-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 445586)
Is a shame his wife doesnt want to come in italy :lame:

True at all!
Some men are not men but wife slaves, Caro Capo.
Only crazy wife will prefer foggy London before sunny and nice Italy.

Just from battle field:

Strange news.

I dully found the robot prototype and visited in person all four persons to rescue. I cleared the way to them with my blood and in response i received only:
-Fool! - from Roger Gair.

--How dares he insult me? Grrrr!
Only my high morale stop me to kill this idiot.. :3:

But in fact only Glenda Close allows me to lead her.
Hmm.. no grid zone appeared.
Where have to be zone to leave Newton?

twillight 30-08-2012 06:45 PM

@yoga
The exit zone is right where you started the mission. The exit grid will only appear after you've completed the mission, what is only possible if you lead all four reaver-leader one-by-one to the exit. Lead them to the edge of the map to avoid getting stuck!

I myself left the game alone for a couple of days, but just now grinded 5K exp from random encounters, made Babs steal a bunch of stuff, and completed Springfield.
One of the Special Encounters had 3 Pancor Jackhammer (compared the HK Caws it has narrower burst and higher damage) and an avenger minigun - Babs stole it all. This way no rela problem was in Springfield, especially as they replenished the bullets of the Avenger what were used up at the opening of the first gate right after the first gate, so I had ammo for the last fight here.

The melee possibilities were very much marginal, and even then my healing required plenty of Healing Powders (this and Boom Bugs were looted like a fifty from the random encounters though). Being melee I can sacrifise the PE Healing Powders taking away.

But stealthing had an interresting use. I lined my people for the last fight, then RAN in stealthing to activate the fight. This way I was damaged very little (ok, some of that thanks to the better weaponry, but still). After meleeing the head-boss my deathclaw threw incineration granades on the remaining enemy around him. Oh, currently have 110% stealth, some critters were able to notice me out of range with 100%, so I've rised again.
My dream of course is aiming the body for knockout, and that way destroying toe-to-toe a Behemoth, but I don't really believe in that:lame:
Next time going against the Beastlords, and I'll KILL Mother.

yoga 31-08-2012 04:03 AM

Fantastic!

Mission Newton is accomplished.

yoga 31-08-2012 06:06 AM

New mission Canyon City is started.

The first power node destroyed.

Directing to second from 6 total.

2 Power armors used from Peter and Stitch.

They increase AC from 27 to 41 range.

Hmmm.. maybe is time to try this famous Browning M2 gun with 138 points of strength?

twillight 31-08-2012 09:50 AM

Mission Mardin offered plenty of chances to use unarmed combat, and it gave the Razor Claws unarmed weapon, what deals like twice my base dmg, so I use it despite my fear of less criticals. You don't need more criticals if you kill faster with damage.

But use melee brutalism wisely. As tactic I set the escort to "no shooting", and aimed them on the 1-2 beastmaster along the animals for example.

As I didn't care for the deathclaws, I've butchered everything with green shotgun-bullets. Sadly against the Matriarch granades did not work (it damaged me too), so I tried out the Poison. Sadly the Wasp Sting do not function at all, but two dose from Poison did the trick. Still too slow to choose the Talon of Fear, but it was nice.

Seems PipBoy gets irradiated on a large scale. Need levels to remove Glowing One trait from BillyBob! (mutate! has lvl req 12:sucks:)

yoga 31-08-2012 11:58 AM

Save our souls

Oh, Your problems are big, twillight, but no so terrible as yoga's.

It is not fair play at all!

Can You imagine, when I found the last 2 power nodes (there are very near each other) and lucky returned back, i met new face after down stair - mercilessly turret, which killed all my party for no second.

No, no never i met in all my 60-70 games similar trick!

Sadly, i have not any mines and distant detonator nor poison, nothing. Only 15 granades but it is located 1 meter from me after downstair.

Shame!!
:picard:

SOS!

twillight 31-08-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445614)
Oh, Your problems are big, twillight, but no so terrible as yoga's.

It is not fair play at all!

Can You imagine, when I found the last 2 power nodes (there are very near each other) and lucky returned back, i met new face after down stair - mercilessly turret, which killed all my party for no second.

No, no never i met in all my 60-70 games similar trick!

Sadly, i have not any mines and distant detonator nor poison, nothing. Only 15 granades but it is located 1 meter from me after downstair.

Shame!!
:picard:

SOS!

Well, destroying enemy units you have to solve yourself yoga I'm afraid, but here is some help destroying the Power Nodds all the same time:
- during the mission you should have found remote detonator + traps to it. Check your equpiment.
- if you used up your remote detonation traps your chance is to send 1 partmember to each power nods, then when you positioned them, turn all of them agressive. They'll fire at the power nods and "kill" them all the same time.
- I don't think you don't have the bullets to do it, but with Science skill you can also disable some (also lasts until the thing selfrepairs).
- if all else fails I THINK you can try to overdose the power nods with drugs. Still requires to do that the same time with every nod.

Me are in St. Luis, where meleeing doesn't seem to be an option at all, as if they can ever shoot, I'm toast. And the AI is suicidal enough to shoot rocket launchers in close combat.
I think I'll just sit in the APC and shot everyone, throwing granades on those who get too close.

yoga 31-08-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445621)
Well, destroying enemy units you have to solve yourself yoga I'm afraid, but here is some help destroying the Power Nodds all the same time:
- during the mission you should have found remote detonator + traps to it. Check your equpiment.
- if you used up your remote detonation traps your chance is to send 1 partmember to each power nods, then when you positioned them, turn all of them agressive. They'll fire at the power nods and "kill" them all the same time.
- I don't think you don't have the bullets to do it, but with Science skill you can also disable some (also lasts until the thing selfrepairs).
- if all else fails I THINK you can try to overdose the power nods with drugs. Still requires to do that the same time with every nod.

Me are in St. Luis, where meleeing doesn't seem to be an option at all, as if they can ever shoot, I'm toast. And the AI is suicidal enough to shoot rocket launchers in close combat.
I think I'll just sit in the APC and shot everyone, throwing granades on those who get too close.

What??
Being in APC You are able to throw grenades?
Can not believe!
I like the mission in St. Louis.

Ah, i solved the problem with this turret:

Alone with Peter i started suicide attacks.
Thanks God i had enough med. packets to use.
Hidden behind some tech stuff in the middle of the room, fully healed, brave makes step left and shots. The turret answered. Imm. brave backs to initial position.Healing. Again.Healing and again.
Another is history.

Elimination of the Power nodes:
No, dear twillight, i used the traditional way. One member before every node. Fast shot, change of member and again. It worked.
Of course Your method for sim. explodes is very modern and effective.

I am using now the Prototype weapon from last mission.

twillight 31-08-2012 04:25 PM

Just completed St. Luis WITH INFILTRATION to the mutant base, no less!

Some tactics I've used: throwing Boom Bug on a mutant around a corner for splash damage making it stand (or at least crouch) thus making it visible to my crew in APC = intsant burst fire during position changing = death on the mutant.

I had to kill ONE mutant with granades only (we were too far away from team). A plasma granade following and incineration granade did the trick.

Infiltrating the mutant base is very-very tricky. First you should activate some non-ranged mutants (melee or granadier), then lead them to the enterance. You need at least two to chase you, as there are two sets of "invisible mines", what do detonate when the mutants try to pass through. For this I've used BillyBob who has 14(!) PE, thus with 100% small guns and a Sniper Rifle has 80-95% hit chance while being absolutely safe!
The second part is more tricky. I used Jax for this pumped with a dose of Mutie then a dose of Psycho. Now he could carry the Browning and a Rocket Launcher. This way he was IMMUN to all damage except Brownings. Worst trick from the programmers the enterance is not only guarded by TWO browning, but DU-Browning! I smelt trouble. And those pesky mutants were immun to Rocket Launcher.
In the end I could kill them (they were initially not standing) nearing them by crouching, then standing up (there is a ramp) then crouching back. Got lucky after a couple of saves. After that I made havoc with Rocket Launcher (the mutant in the sniper-nest is invulnerable to rockets, had to use machine gun).
So now I have ca. 100 DU .50 cal! Mmm, I sense the death of a Behemoth...

yoga 31-08-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445632)
Just completed St. Luis WITH INFILTRATION to the mutant base, no less!

Some tactics I've used: throwing Boom Bug on a mutant around a corner for splash damage making it stand (or at least crouch) thus making it visible to my crew in APC = intsant burst fire during position changing = death on the mutant.

I had to kill ONE mutant with granades only (we were too far away from team). A plasma granade following and incineration granade did the trick.

Infiltrating the mutant base is very-very tricky. First you should activate some non-ranged mutants (melee or granadier), then lead them to the enterance. You need at least two to chase you, as there are two sets of "invisible mines", what do detonate when the mutants try to pass through. For this I've used BillyBob who has 14(!) PE, thus with 100% small guns and a Sniper Rifle has 80-95% hit chance while being absolutely safe!
The second part is more tricky. I used Jax for this pumped with a dose of Mutie then a dose of Psycho. Now he could carry the Browning and a Rocket Launcher. This way he was IMMUN to all damage except Brownings. Worst trick from the programmers the enterance is not only guarded by TWO browning, but DU-Browning! I smelt trouble. And those pesky mutants were immun to Rocket Launcher.
In the end I could kill them (they were initially not standing) nearing them by crouching, then standing up (there is a ramp) then crouching back. Got lucky after a couple of saves. After that I made havoc with Rocket Launcher (the mutant in the sniper-nest is invulnerable to rockets, had to use machine gun).
So now I have ca. 100 DU .50 cal! Mmm, I sense the death of a Behemoth...

No, i killed Behemoth before 10 minutes (Bueno Vista) with 5-6 shots of both Rebecca and Farsight (Sniper rifle) and help of 4-5 shots of Small energy cells from Jax.
No problem at all because it was captured between Force fields.

So easy!

Well, we play very different style of the game teams, right?

ha ha ha

twillight 01-09-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445643)
No, i killed Behemoth before 10 minutes (Bueno Vista) with 5-6 shots of both Rebecca and Farsight (Sniper rifle) and help of 4-5 shots of Small energy cells from Jax.
No problem at all because it was captured between Force fields.

So easy!

Well, we play very different style of the game teams, right?

ha ha ha

Whut?

If it is between forcefields you can not touch it.

If it is out of force fields, it has long range so you will have hard time outrange it.

It is a robot, and has 1,000 HP, so I very much doubt you could kill it with 5 shots from sniper rifles. Heck, I don't think Sniper Rifles can do actual damage to it!

Screenshot of the body?

yoga 01-09-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445649)
Whut?

If it is between forcefields you can not touch it.

If it is out of force fields, it has long range so you will have hard time outrange it.

It is a robot, and has 1,000 HP, so I very much doubt you could kill it with 5 shots from sniper rifles. Heck, I don't think Sniper Rifles can do actual damage to it!

Screenshot of the body?

Do not believe me?
No. I am fair player.
No problem with the screenshot of the monster, but problem with AB site. I warned days ago that i have not access to my listing of graphic files, amigo.
It is a big monster with 4-6 or 8 legs like a big bug. In my case it was captured between force fields, makes 2-3 steps up-down inside, not shooting and was easy target for brave.
I swear that maybe ok 15 shots of Jax were enough. Yes, Rebecca and Farsight helped also.
The trick is to press 2 times on the relevant button aside...

Mission Buena Vista is accomplished.

New mission Scott city will be launched soon.

Q>
May brave continue the game after final as in FO2?

I have to finish that job with the mines which were invisible in one episode- forget the name..
When brave rescued Tala commandos using vehicle..

twillight 01-09-2012 12:06 PM

Huh, never heared about that yoga. But I know you're fair player, just can't imagine how the Behemoth got stuck.

No, it is not possible here to continue after last mission. But until then you may visit any mission-field again if you want (but do an archive-save outside just in case).

Mission Jefferson completed. Meleeing although was marginally possible (with my amount of HP I can survive a burst from SAW), but it was forgetable.
Found a bug%glitch too. When I've hit a supermutant with Rocket Launcher during its attack-animation I remained unharmed, but they blew up themselves with the rocket. Fun.
Along that now it is official: deathclaws at leas with the nonweapon unarmed attack has an inbuilt knockdown-effect, while if you wear any kind of weapon it disappears, so choose wisely.

On the other hand stealthing + throwing proved WONDERFUL. Really, there are many chances to throw granades through fences, what can be done even when crouching (helps enemy not see you)! Of course it helps a lot that the supermutants are practicly blind.

Also nice thing was the Billy Bob could crawl the radiated tunnel in enviromental armour. 141% radiation resistance is something. Then he eliminated solo the entire complex. Then I did melee against the mutant leader. And as Billy reached lvl 12, he no longer irradiates the entire group.

Oh, did you notice Paladin Solo although referred as "she" has a male voice? Must be power armor's voice modulator.

yoga 01-09-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445654)
Huh, never heared about that yoga. But I know you're fair player, just can't imagine how the Behemoth got stuck.
No, it is not possible here to continue after last mission. But until then you may visit any mission-field again if you want (but do an archive-save outside just in case).
Mission Jefferson completed. Meleeing although was marginally possible (with my amount of HP I can survive a burst from SAW), but it was forgetable.
Found a bug%glitch too. When I've hit a supermutant with Rocket Launcher during its attack-animation I remained unharmed, but they blew up themselves with the rocket. Fun.
Along that now it is official: deathclaws at leas with the nonweapon unarmed attack has an inbuilt knockdown-effect, while if you wear any kind of weapon it disappears, so choose wisely.

On the other hand stealthing + throwing proved WONDERFUL. Really, there are many chances to throw granades through fences, what can be done even when crouching (helps enemy not see you)! Of course it helps a lot that the supermutants are practicly blind.

Also nice thing was the Billy Bob could crawl the radiated tunnel in enviromental armour. 141% radiation resistance is something. Then he eliminated solo the entire complex. Then I did melee against the mutant leader. And as Billy reached lvl 12, he no longer irradiates the entire group.

Oh, did you notice Paladin Solo although referred as "she" has a male voice? Must be power armor's voice modulator.

Well, i want to correct my info about this Behemoth. I met it again as patrolling battle machine on the streets of Scott city.
It is about 5-6 meters high, with 8 legs, steel armoured, with 2 x 2 machine guns frontally and has 1126 HP, stomp.
You are correct that 7-8 shots are abs. not enough to get its down. No, my info was not correct. Maybe 30-40 shots are enough.
I started duel but was knocked down. So for now i will avoid the direct battle. Maybe later. It is though opp of course.

I swear again that in my case it was captured between force fields and DOES NOT shooting!
Anyway it will kill at once my troops who were unprotected behind any barriers or barricades.

Found a bug%glitch too. When I've hit a supermutant with Rocket Launcher during its attack-animation I remained unharmed, but they blew up themselves with the rocket. Fun..

Really? Ha ha ha.

You acted as a minor, twillight? Fantastic idea!!!

Do You speak about that SM high quartet where the brave was stop from some invisible mines, located just after bridge? Tala commandos to be rescued?

If Yes this is the mission i have to back and kill all SM and enter the HQ.

Paladin Solo although referred as "she" has a male voice?

Sure? No, i dont noticed.
Ha ha ha this clever twillight.

Such a Sherlock Holmes...

brave advances to super complex to rescue some important person.

About yr weapon Panckor Jackhammer. Good but no munitions.

Pls. try is it possible to throw grenades being inside Hummer. TY

Capo 01-09-2012 03:29 PM

Yoga cheater :shifty:

yoga 01-09-2012 05:42 PM

Si, Caro Capo.

Ha ha ha

Everyone of us is cheater.:p

Report:

Mission Scott city is accomplished.

Just entered the next one - Cheyenne Mountain.

yoga 02-09-2012 07:21 AM

Cheyenne Mountain.

Ha ha ha

It is very funny to hear how Humanoid bot under my attack comments its stages of killing:

..Armor penetrated..
..Oil levels decreasing..
..Voltage spike detected. Compensating..
..Initiating repair sequence..

poor machine...

yoga 02-09-2012 10:25 AM

Mama mia, what's a game?

Cheyenne Mountain.

Hey, dear twillight,

Do You remember that Death Road?

I met a terrible resistance:

First 2-3 Hum. robots +

Pacification bot (768 HP) +

Turret +

3 Turrets & 4 H. robots !??

What's next and more?

Maybe 4 Behemoths?

Very important note for the beginners:

Mission Scott city
When you finished this mission and returned home (Bunker Epsilon or like)
you will see new location very near named Fhill the Nuke Cola.
DO NOT ENTER!
Or you will remain inside for ever.
This is a trap!!
Warned.

CAPO
Why i am cheater?
For asking twillight to check is it possible to throw granades from moving APC or Hummer? Do not worry i am able to do it myself. I have Hummer, APC and tank, but i am busy now to activate H bomb.
Or for male voice of lady Paladin Solo?

The last my Q was when brave stops in DM2 before the fast falling doors and was terrible attacked from dosraider.

Pls. do not mess the jolly discussion or chatting with help asking or ...

twillight 02-09-2012 06:49 PM

Ye4s, it is possible to fire/throw from moving vehicles. The only thing not possible from vehicle is unarmed/melee attack.

Yoga, your question about the behemots will be adressed later :woot:
But on actual force: imagine ca. the same amount of armament right behind a door you have to enter (so no outranging bots. Main reason why you want 2 guys with Big Guns).
And just outside Vault0's gate will be behemot, turrets, humanoid bots, scurry bots - basically the machines throw on you everything plus the kitchen sink.

Ye, I'm hating pacification bot too, as they are resistant to laser damage.

Just a short thing: did you sell all unwanted equipment for cash? Inside Vaul0 will be shopping (if you care)! It is jolly fun to buy the equipment right from people fighting with you in the very front line :lol:

Now I go back watching Dragonball...

yoga 02-09-2012 08:14 PM

Dear twillight,

It is real pleasure to speak with You.
Yes.
TY for your info about vehicles.

Last special Q:

May my young Peter makes love with hmmm.. Rebecca, no she is ugly... ok with Farsight in the tank or Hummer or ordinary vehicle?

Where are Your location?

Any problem(s)?

Have Y en. money? or munition?

I sold every stupid stuff.

I like the games without limits (time or others), foods or like.

twillight 02-09-2012 10:05 PM

I'm at the mission where you have to defend the ghoul town. My main problem is ghouls have ST maximum of 8, thus no Browning for Babs (she'll have strange build, and I'll scream if power armor can't rise beyond racial maximum).

So my plan is to send me-deathclaw to west gate with incindenary granades, Jax with Browning to east gate (eating buffout), PipBoy with Browning on left side of south gate (eating buffout), Babs to the middle of south gate with SAW (eating mutie).
The rest of the crew will carry PancorJackammer with fletchet (purple) bullets.

yoga 03-09-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445714)
I'm at the mission where you have to defend the ghoul town. My main problem is ghouls have ST maximum of 8, thus no Browning for Babs (she'll have strange build, and I'll scream if power armor can't rise beyond racial maximum).

So my plan is to send me-deathclaw to west gate with incindenary granades, Jax with Browning to east gate (eating buffout), PipBoy with Browning on left side of south gate (eating buffout), Babs to the middle of south gate with SAW (eating mutie).
The rest of the crew will carry PancorJackammer with fletchet (purple) bullets.

Good plan indeed!

With 3 PancorJackammers and Browning You will won of course.

Good luck amigo!

Strange,
After i activated atom bomb in C. Mountain i was send to some underground to help energy problems..

yoga 03-09-2012 05:53 AM

Seems to be Calculator is the final boss.

No, it is!

Do not believe its a human.

Machine or Robot or...?

ha ha ha

Maybe it is 30 meters high monster..
as first FO.

twillight 03-09-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 445723)
Seems to be Calculator is the final boss.

No, it is!

Do not believe its a human.

Machine or Robot or...?

ha ha ha

Maybe it is 30 meters high monster..
as first FO.

...Robot runs OhShit.exe...
:woot::ph34r::ouch:

yoga 03-09-2012 06:07 AM

General Barnaky?

Mama mia, poor man!!

He was a brave general but was captured and his brain was..:3:

yoga 03-09-2012 09:23 AM

brave victory

Hah,

the Calculator is a stupid small PC or PC station?

2 minutes later

brave is victorious.

Details:

All commandos fully healed.
All weapon charged.
No any casualties.
Armed with M72 Gause rifle - 3 men namely Peter, Stitch and Jax
Sniper rifle- Rebecca and Farsight
Pulse Rifle prototype - Mandy
+ many other weapons available

Level 23
AC 47 3 men and AC 27 for the ladies

Proof> I did image of the victory but AB system of file attachment is kaput.

Anyway the last scene is: Armed man and civilian greet each other.

Fine della commedia!
(The end of the comedy)!

Of course i want to express my sincere thanks to DEAR TWILLIGHT for the help, support and recommendation of this Nice game.

God bless You, twillight!!
..and yoga

twillight 03-09-2012 06:14 PM

The Calculator is THE WHOLE OF VAULT 0 (except vault dwellers), and even able to directly controll any robot in the region via electronic transmission.
It's core CPU is operate by organic (originally human) brains.
It is a perfectly functionable AI-cyborg.

Question is: you shot down the Calculator, lead Barnaky into it, or sacrifised your own brain, yoga?:smugulon:

yoga 04-09-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 445742)
The Calculator is THE WHOLE OF VAULT 0 (except vault dwellers), and even able to directly controll any robot in the region via electronic transmission.
It's core CPU is operate by organic (originally human) brains.
It is a perfectly functionable AI-cyborg.

Question is: you shot down the Calculator, lead Barnaky into it, or sacrifised your own brain, yoga?:smugulon:

Answer:

I sacrifice my own brain, dear twillight.

No big loss because i have no so much brain.:hihihi:

ha ha ha

Note: Sadly, i killed gen. Barnaky.
sob..sob..

The current time is 04:41 AM (GMT)