Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Donald Ducks Playground (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=8701)

Sebatianos 06-01-2006 12:10 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Guest 06-01-2006 01:44 PM

OMG, I played this game on the Commodore 64 about 15 years ago... Didn't know that it was available for the PC too.

I'll stick to the C64 version though, which I'm searching for right now. Time to bring back some memories :w00t:

--Darkstar

Cartman3k 06-01-2006 02:48 PM

Yep, I played this on C64, too! Never though this was a Sierra game LOL

There are some graphic issues with dosbox, some kind of after-image problem. Any idea?

Office_Monk 06-01-2006 03:04 PM

Yeah I had it on C64 too, it was my sisters favorite game. One day I accidentally erased it and she was pretty pissed...

Last year I found it for PC, sadly my sister passed away 6 years ago, so she never knew...

Master MC 06-01-2006 04:03 PM

I think Mickey's 123: The Big Surprise Party is much better.

swiss 06-01-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Master MC@Jan 6 2006, 06:03 PM
I think Mickey's 123: The Big Surprise Party is much better.
that cannot be true ....

Donal Duck is one of those ultimate super-duper-über-retro-games !

It RULEZ!

Thank you for this one Sebatianos! :ok: :cheers:

Master MC 06-01-2006 06:27 PM

It of course depends on your childhood memories. I have great memories of Mickey's Surprise Party, so I will automatically prefer that when it comes to games like this.

DOOM this game! Crashing when having a hefty sum of money?! Bah!

scabi 07-01-2006 02:45 PM

mm, great game.

thanks. ^^

Guest 07-01-2006 02:59 PM

This is my favorite childhood game I GREW UP ON THIS it was on Commodore 64!!!
NOW I can play it AGAIN!

Guest 07-01-2006 03:01 PM

Sorry I didn't said my name it's Branjo!
PoZZ :max:

Guest_marko_river 07-01-2006 11:04 PM

Ahhh, you, you wrote this review in secret, i wanted it, you tricked me :D
*remembers the deadline for submiting those Ocean games and decides to change subject* :whistle:

This is legendary C64 hit, as more of you said it before.

Really, i wanted to review this one long time ago but i realized that it is ESA. How did you get it through Seb?????

Sebatianos 08-01-2006 07:02 PM

Officially, this game is released as Freeware, but because it's an old dos game (the thing Abandonia is dedicated to) it's here, not on AR (and you need to keep checking that list - Tom's always refreshing it) :bleh:

Tom Henrik 08-01-2006 07:33 PM

True that. I update the list daily :)

Kon-Tiki 08-01-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_marko_river@Jan 8 2006, 01:04 AM
Ahhh, you, you wrote this review in secret, i wanted it, you tricked me :D
*remembers the deadline for submiting those Ocean games and decides to change subject* :whistle:

This is legendary C64 hit, as more of you said it before.

Really, i wanted to review this one long time ago but i realized that it is ESA. How did you get it through Seb?????

It's free for download on Al Lowe (the maker of the game) his site. I'd say it's pretty much as safe as can possibly be to put it up :ok:

bruno 09-01-2006 10:20 PM

i dasīt know this game behind thanks to Seb, i play and like. :kosta:

Guest 14-01-2006 05:03 PM

great game, sebastianos..
my childhood game, used to play it hours on pc..
i love the train-regulating work ^^

-bongabonga

BranjoHello 24-03-2006 01:56 PM

I like fruit catching the most :angel:

guesst 16-06-2006 03:23 AM

Truth is, annoyance aside, I kinda like it when spambots resurect an oldie like this. Then I find a game on Abanonia that I otherwise might not have.

Soon their automated assault will be scoured from this thread, but the game that they brought back to my "View New Posts" link will live on.

Resolution 20-08-2006 01:34 AM

I am in love with this game and have been ever since I was young.

Only thing is....

I don't remember the controls for moving Donald Duck. I can't seem to move the ladder on the Toys portion of the game....?

Help?

Mousazz 04-01-2007 09:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Resolution @ Aug 20 2006, 03:34 AM) [snapback]249682[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I am in love with this game and have been ever since I was young.

Only thing is....

I don't remember the controls for moving Donald Duck. I can't seem to move the ladder on the Toys portion of the game....?

Help?
[/b]
i think space ( ) is use key for this one. use space on ladder while your on ground and you carry it (it goes with you). press space to drop it.

Stinkin_Cheeze 06-07-2007 09:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Office_Monk @ Jan 6 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]194905[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Yeah I had it on C64 too, it was my sisters favorite game. One day I accidentally erased it and she was pretty pissed...

Last year I found it for PC, sadly my sister passed away 6 years ago, so she never knew...
[/b]
wow...you may never see this, but that broke my heart to read that-and I'm sorry

It's a very cute game, and there are a few games I've come across that I remember from a long long time ago. It's so sad somehow, I NEVER wanted to grow up heheh...secretly, sometimes I wish I could be 10 or even 3 again-best years ever :thanx: Abandonia

mdeba 19-08-2007 05:51 PM

i had this one on the c64 back in the day. the music was simple but really catchy.

never did understand what the aim of the game was. Anyone?

Sebatianos 20-08-2007 09:46 AM

Simple, to build the playground for the three nephews (accross the tracks). Donald works and buys stuff, they enjoy playing with it!

Happy Guest 30-08-2007 06:52 PM

MINE DREAM CAME TRUE!!!!

When i was young i played it on C64. I still remember how i didnt knew how to build the playground.
I lost the cassete to this so i wasnt able to play it. I never knew PC version existed.

Thank you for the upload

Guest 17-09-2007 10:29 AM

i remember playing this on my old 1040ST with a 2600 joystick. i cant wait to catch those mellons agan.

bobson 20-09-2007 11:24 AM

I played this game when I was about 10 years old - I wanted to have that kind of playground at home :D

And It's a pretty educational game - You need to work to get money to get fun stuff ... almost like Sims :D

VioletYoshi 24-10-2007 11:08 AM

I loved this game as a kid. The nephews are soooo cute!

BranjoHello 08-02-2008 08:35 PM

Did anyone actualy finish this game? :eek:
I know I haven't...5 hours of playing wasn't enough to finish playgorund for nephews! :(

gumpy 17-06-2009 06:39 PM

Sigh... This game brings back memories. I used to play this a lot on the C64.

CSDanger 28-03-2010 10:26 AM

Sadly this game is not able to play under Vista also not with Dosbox. :(

When I want to start Donald Ducks Playground it sais that it canīt find the logdir. :( I remember that it worked for me on XP one time and then also not anymore. But as I said Dosbox also didnīt helped. What shall I do? The logdir is inside of the file I can see it. :(

The Fifth Horseman 28-03-2010 12:30 PM

That's odd. Which version of DOSBox are you using and what are your mounts?

_r.u.s.s. 28-03-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSDanger (Post 401071)
Sadly this game is not able to play under Vista also not with Dosbox. :(

When I want to start Donald Ducks Playground it sais that it canīt find the logdir. :( I remember that it worked for me on XP one time and then also not anymore. But as I said Dosbox also didnīt helped. What shall I do? The logdir is inside of the file I can see it. :(

vista changed the privileges on directories and such. try putting stuff into your home directory, where you have full read/write access

CSDanger 01-04-2010 05:41 PM

I use Dosbox 0.72. I play the games by just put the start file over the desktop icon of Dosbox so that Dosbox mount the game by itself. Also when I just chose under options to delete the read protection of the file, when I open it again it activates the read protection again. :(

_r.u.s.s. 01-04-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSDanger (Post 401592)
I use Dosbox 0.72. I play the games by just put the start file over the desktop icon of Dosbox so that Dosbox mount the game by itself. Also when I just chose under options to delete the read protection of the file, when I open it again it activates the read protection again. :(

then put them in your home directory and then drag it to the dosbox icon

CSDanger 02-04-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 401601)
then put them in your home directory and then drag it to the dosbox icon

I tried but still donīt work. Still canīt find logdir. But thanks for help anyway.

_r.u.s.s. 02-04-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSDanger (Post 401684)
I tried but still donīt work. Still canīt find logdir. But thanks for help anyway.

this might be rather a silly question, but did you extract the game first and then drag it to the dosbox icon?

we had a few cases when users just dragged the excutables from zip and wondered why doesn't it work

also, i created a list of files which should be inside the donald directory for you, so you can check if you have them
files

Vampocalypse 02-03-2015 05:52 PM

I love this game so much, I used to play it on our Atari 1040 ST with a brown "The Arcade" joystick. :max:

Great times, gonna put this one on my dedicated Dos machine for sure.

mmarti_99 30-03-2015 12:18 PM

I played this Game on Amiga. Great game! :mischief:

BranjoHello 07-08-2021 07:13 PM

Today I decided to treat myself with a cozy trip down the childhood memory lane and I finally managed to buy all the toys for the playground in Duckburg City Park and then got to enjoy playing with them as one of Donald's nephews.

And thus, this becomes the oldest game ever I managed to finish and at the same time the only game I finished which is older than me.

Once the child in me feel the need to play this again, I shall return and beat it in Advanced difficulty. Who knows, maybe I'll do it with a child of my own...that would really be something. XD

tristanzz 12-01-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranjoHello (Post 486282)
Once the child in me feel the need to play this again, I shall return and beat it in Advanced difficulty. Who knows, maybe I'll do it with a child of my own...that would really be something. XD

We're lucky Donald Duck's Playground is in our childhood memory lane. The way things are going now, you're better off raising your kids on Counterstrike.

The current time is 06:59 PM (GMT)