Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Music, Art, Movies (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Music For The Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10763)

Dark Piedone 20-06-2006 10:15 AM

As much of a curiosity :tomato: , what music do you listen when you play a game (and here I don't reffer to to the game's music) and why ?. I for example listen very much to rock when I play Action games or Quake II, and when playing strategies I listen something more ambiental like Vangelis or classical music... like Wagner (it fits perferctly with Warcraft and Medieval: Total War, oh no I love the in-game music from MTW)

Iron_Scarecrow 20-06-2006 10:45 AM

If I'm not listening to the in-game music I usally listen to what I would listen to any other time...

U-Boat Commander David 20-06-2006 11:23 AM

If i listen to music while playing games, i loose my concentration and screw up.

Himmler 20-06-2006 01:43 PM

i play diablo 2 with music... usually bathory, helheim, finntroll and some others :D

The Fifth Horseman 20-06-2006 02:28 PM

Depends. I sometimes listened to heavy metal when playing Diablo - like Hammerfall and their awesome Way of the Warrior.
Quake for me is Heavy Metal + Viking Metal + Death Metal.
Most of the time I just go with the standard in-game music, though.

Mighty Midget 20-06-2006 02:59 PM

I once played the Exploited while playing Doom. It made me laugh so hard I didn't stand a chance against the monsters. But mostly I turn off all music.

Moonstrider 21-06-2006 12:43 AM

I mostly listen to the ingame music if it isn't a completely annoying soundtrack, like that techno stuff in the Need for Speed series or something. Then I like to put on something fitting like grind/deathmetal for fast fps games (especially when playing things like Quake I :P, grind + zombies is TEH killer combo. Anyone ever played Zombiegrinder 60000? http://www.viceland.com/se/v2n2/htdocs/game.php ), or something a bit more mellow for rts games. Really dramatic classical music works for almost anything. It's really hilarious to make total smeggin' armageddon in GTA to something like Wagner or Dvôrak.

(And totally offtopic... :P I love your sig, Mighty Midget )

Juni Ori 21-06-2006 01:14 PM

It depends. If I play games that require careful listening, I don't listen any, but usually I have radio (Radio City in Finland) open or then I play my over 19h list of heavy in winamp.

WolverineDK 21-06-2006 03:16 PM

Hmmm when I play Diablo 2, then I usually play every kind of music, but once me and played a whole bunch of music, both Danish ones, and English ones, and suddenly we heard the Danish version of Moonshiner (an Irish drinking song), and we laughed our arses off , but Diablo still died, even though we laughed.

somepeople 22-06-2006 03:38 PM

I like to listen to the classic rock n roll stuff. I think it gives me better concertration on my racing games.

#BlakhOle# 24-06-2006 10:45 AM

I listen to whatever i havent listened to in a while... Im not fussy

Bobbin Threadbare 25-06-2006 05:12 PM

Most games I play have voice acting so I wouldn't listen to any.

Blood-Pigggy 25-06-2006 08:37 PM

If I do listen to music when I play games it's the game's music itself. Like San Andreas has all its radio stations and stuff.

Japo 26-06-2006 12:51 AM

GTA Vice City has one of the best soundracks around, at least being apporpriate for the game. Same goes for San Andreas, although the tunes in VC are more varied and I like them better.

Blood-Pigggy 26-06-2006 01:05 AM

Mmm, I thought San Andreas' soundtrack was more varied while Vice City was more suitable.

Vice City just had a wealth of pop and old hip hop hits.
San Andreas had country, techno, pop, oldies, rap, hip hop, metal, rock, and Jamaican reggea even.

Japo 26-06-2006 01:12 AM

Well, VC had also latin american music, "Radio Espantoso", I liked that. I played VC more -both at a friend's-, but my impression must be because in SA I favoured rap, I like country but it just didn't fit there, less suitable as you said.

Reup 26-06-2006 07:48 AM

Yesterday I was playing HalfLife and didn't notice 'Music for the gilted generation' from the Prodigy was in the drive. It was good music :)

Blood-Pigggy 26-06-2006 10:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Jun 25 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]239644[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Well, VC had also latin american music, "Radio Espantoso", I liked that. I played VC more -both at a friend's-, but my impression must be because in SA I favoured rap, I like country but it just didn't fit there, less suitable as you said.
[/b]
It actually fits very well, I'm not sure if you know, but there's an entire area of the map that's just open country, it fits there well.

Japo 27-06-2006 04:34 AM

I played SA very little compared to VC. Man that mission about stealing from the Army was damn hard. :wallbash:

Blood-Pigggy 27-06-2006 10:32 AM

In VC or San Andreas?
The army stealing ones in San Andreas are really easy!

Japo 27-06-2006 11:06 AM

In SA. I didn't try that hard, I had no further occasion to play at my friend's...

heLL0 27-06-2006 11:41 AM

I always listen to music while I play (WoW).
The only game I don't play with music is Splinter Cell :max:

#BlakhOle# 28-06-2006 02:20 AM

Splinter Cell is best played at midnight in complete silence anyways. Much better atmosphere. :)

heLL0 28-06-2006 07:49 AM

It's better if you got headphones.

#BlakhOle# 29-06-2006 12:37 AM

Headphones squish my ears and irritate them for ages after i take them off. Ill be right.

Mighty Midget 29-06-2006 03:49 AM

I found playing '3d sound' games using headphones was better than using speakers. Not only did I get the directions right, but it all became much more intense. In Thief 2 the headphones made a totally different game out of it.

Blakh0le: Get yourself some decent headphones then, not those cheapo Torquemada-de-luxe ones :D

Japo 29-06-2006 04:07 AM

Maybe he's allergic. A pair of those which you don't actually have to put into your ears, which are supported by some plastic thingy over your head? If you're allergic maybe they'll also be a problem... Dependind on the stuff they're made of... Anyway you can get directions right with normal speakers.

Mighty Midget 29-06-2006 04:16 AM

The speakers won't do the trick when you live in a 1 sq.m. flat. :(

About reasons for uncomfortable headphones, I think I covered all possibilities... I didn't mention any reason in particular.

Japo 29-06-2006 04:32 AM

I'm not very demanding, my speakers are the most tiny cheap ones and they're on my table at both sides of the screen, and I still hear the side a tank's approaching from in Operation Flashpoint. :D Plus I encountered problems adjusting the volume with headphones in that same game.

Mighty Midget 29-06-2006 04:44 AM

Considering speakers connects to the line out and headphones to the yes, headphones, it sounds plausible if the game doesn't have an in-game volume control. But with the games that have that, I don't remember any problems.

#BlakhOle# 30-06-2006 07:08 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jun 29 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]240365[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Blakh0le: Get yourself some decent headphones then, not those cheapo Torquemada-de-luxe ones :D
[/b]
Haha funny you should say that our earphones are falling to peices anyways, cept i just cant find the time to go and buy some new ones. Ill get some oneday...

Blood-Pigggy 30-06-2006 10:04 AM

Poo on headphones, Surround Sound is better, you instantly know where a sound is coming from.

Mighty Midget 30-06-2006 01:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 30 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]240690[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Poo on headphones, Surround Sound is better, you instantly know where a sound is coming from.
[/b]
Allow me to rephrase that: If I knew where the money would come from, I would instantly get me a surround sound system :(

#BlakhOle# 01-07-2006 03:11 AM

Amen <_<

Elon Yariv 01-07-2006 02:05 PM

Well I don't have particular musics I like to hear while playing I just hear what I want to at that moment.
But if I regurally listen to some music while playing a game out of sheer coincidence I will always like to hear that music while playing in that game and when I hear this music I'll always think of that game!

For example:
Lost Vikings- Bowie
Prehistoric 2- Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Nick 25-07-2006 06:45 PM

Here are MIDIs I found in Net when I was searching for something about drow elves. I liked them, so I copied them to my hard drive. They are very for games IMO.

Cloudy 10-08-2006 09:10 PM

The only games I ever really listen to music while playing are roguelikes.

When I'm playing ToME I like to have Blind Guardian's 'Nightfall in Middle Earth' album on ^_^ but another band who'se music seems to fit well with the game is Finntroll, who are very mighty.

The current time is 03:11 AM (GMT)