Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   SpiDoL's Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=24105)

SpiDoL (or WarMasterXX) 10-03-2010 01:34 PM

SpiDoL's Offers

I know Sonic CD and Sonic & Knuckles Collection can't be uploaded to Abandonia yet (not until 2011 or 2012). But when that day passes, can I please be the one to upload it to the site?

I own the official CDs.
I applied a No-CD Crack to Sonic & Knuckles and included a patch to make the game run at normal speed in windowed mode on modern systems.
I dumped a full ISO of Sonic CD for uploading to the site. I included the patch to make the game run on XP, Vista, and 7, plus (as a bonus), I made an alternate version with all the American music from the game replaced with the original Japanese music.

Take some time to think about it, but I really want to do this.

Video demonstrating the original Sonic CD PC image and the alternate image:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh1QD0waHGI

Saccade 11-03-2010 07:20 AM

You're very keen, aren't you..? :D

Sounds like a lot of Japanese fanboy stuff going on there (though, if the music is anything like 80s/90s american TV ad's, then I can see why you changed it :p), but I am sure many, many internetites will appreciate your efforts :rocks:

There's no harm in uploading a game to the FTP before its "abandonment" date, but you may want to consider hosting it on another site that is less scrupulous than Abandonia.

If you want, you can give it to me and I'll decimate it throughout the known world.

Btw - have you seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
:woot2:

SpiDoL 16-03-2010 10:42 AM

Sorry for being rude, but it's been six days and I still haven't gotten a clear response to this request yet. Can I be the one to upload Sonic CD and Sonic & Knuckles Collection to Abandonia when it's time? And if not, please state a reason.

Paco 16-03-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 399956)
Sorry for being rude, but it's been six days and I still haven't gotten a clear response to this request yet. Can I be the one to upload Sonic CD and Sonic & Knuckles Collection to Abandonia when it's time? And if not, please state a reason.

Its coz it belongs to "Offers" and not in "SC/S". TA will check your Submission when he is online.

TotalAnarchy 16-03-2010 01:15 PM

What's there to check? :unsure:

Sonic CD [PROTECTED] until 26 August 2011
Sonic & Knuckles Collection [PROTECTED] until 20 March 2012, both by SEGA

Of course you can upload them after 1-2 years, but are you really going to remember to come back to Abandonia by then?

SpiDoL 16-03-2010 01:47 PM

Yes I will. I always come here to check on things every once in a while.

But thanks for letting me be the one to upload them. I can't wait for everyone to try out my custom Japanese image of Sonic CD!

SpiDoL 15-05-2010 11:47 PM

Can I upload the full ISO of MK Trilogy with XP Patch included?

I saw that someone requested Mortal Kombat Trilogy to be put on this site not too long ago, and the staff approved it.

I actually own the original game disc, and I can give you a full ISO of it (with the XP patch) plus some goodies, like move lists, cheat codes, and the manual.

Can I upload the game to Abandonia, pretty please?

TotalAnarchy 16-05-2010 02:59 AM

What size does it have?

SpiDoL 16-05-2010 11:54 AM

Rough estimate: 587 MB

TotalAnarchy 16-05-2010 11:56 AM

That's too much for the site, unfortunately. You can offer it however in our ISO Cellar forum section. :)

SpiDoL 16-05-2010 12:01 PM

All right, I'll give you a ripped version instead which is only 60MB compressed.
Give me a day to get it on here.

TotalAnarchy 16-05-2010 12:06 PM

Altough nobody likes rips, it's good to go. :p

SpiDoL 16-05-2010 12:18 PM

And then I'll post a note in the rip telling people that they can ask me via PM for a link to the ISO image.:OK:

SpiDoL 16-05-2010 12:39 PM

Here it is:
<<link removed, we've put the rachive on FTP, direct linking to filesharing sites is prohibited>>

Move List:
http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kom.../jgmktpsx.html

Cheat Codes:
http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kom.../mktkk.html#kk

Manual:
http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.6932

_r.u.s.s. 17-05-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 404488)
Altough nobody likes rips, it's good to go. :p

i like rips, everybody actually likes nice rips

also, i don't see the point in removing direct links to the abandonware games that he would upload on ftp otherwise

thanks for the links spidol

SpiDoL 22-05-2010 01:13 PM

So when will the game be on the Abandonia front page?

TotalAnarchy 22-05-2010 01:42 PM

It first needs a review. :\

Professor Oak 22-05-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 405029)
So when will the game be on the Abandonia front page?

Why not create a review for it because once that is done, you'll see it on the main page much faster.

SpiDoL 22-05-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Oak (Post 405045)
Why not create a review for it because once that is done, you'll see it on the main page much faster.

Sure.

MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY

Mortal Kombat. Cool.
Mortal Kombat II. Legendary.
Mortal Kombat 3. So-so.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Improving.

Which brings us to Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Trilogy basically takes these four games and merges them into one big game, creating as Jim Ross of the WWE would say: "One good ol' fashioned slobberknocker".

The game revolves around the story of MK3. Shao Kahn was a sore loser after suffering defeat in MKII. So he revives his 10000-year-old plan of resurrecting his queen Sindel, but NOT on Outworld, on EARTH. Uh-oh! The Elder gods can only watch as Kahn steals the soul of every human being and merges Earth with the Outworld. But there's souls that he CAN'T take. The souls of the warriors who Raiden (who's a rebel frowned upon by the gods BTW) chose to stand against Kahn's rule. So what does he do? Send HIS champions to kill the warriors. What happens next? Well, MORTAL KOMBAT!!

The game's set up like UMK3. You can choose between 1-on-1 Kombat, 2-on-2, or 8-player tournament. Once you pick a character in 1-player mode, you pick one of four towers: Novice, Warrior, Master, and Champion. The higher the rank, the more people you fight and the harder they are. You fight your way up the tower, battle an endurance team (like MK1, sometimes with more people), then Motaro, the finally you face Shao Kahn. Once Kahn's destroyed (Good luck, YOU'LL NEED IT!), you get to pick your reward, whether it be your character's ending or a fatality demonstration. There's some new surprises though, like the AGGRESSOR bar which gives you more power once it's full, and auto-combos to give you an advantage against your opponents.

This thrill ride isn't without its faults, however. You'll notice quite a few glitches and bugs, plus the AI being completely unforgiving, even if you set the difficulty on Very Easy. Well at least the loading times that were in the Playstation version (which this version is based on) didn't return.

That aside, Mortal Kombat Trilogy is a nice snack for fighting game fans and retro junkies to bite into. Be advised this is only a ripped version with no CD audio. You'll find the ISO (which was too big to put on the main site) on the forums...

RATING: 4.5/5

SpiDoL 31-05-2010 11:29 AM

Sorry for being impatient. I thought you said MK Trilogy would be on the site a lot faster if I made a review for it (which I did), but it seems like you're ignoring my upload and review in order to put other stuff on the site, most of it which isn't even games, just manuals and stuff.

I have to ask, how much longer will it be before you put MK Trilogy on there?

Professor Oak 31-05-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 405849)
Sorry for being impatient. I thought you said MK Trilogy would be on the site a lot faster if I made a review for it (which I did), but it seems like you're ignoring my upload and review in order to put other stuff on the site, most of it which isn't even games, just manuals and stuff.

I have to ask, how much longer will it be before you put MK Trilogy on there?

There is still a backlog of files and/or games which still need to be uploaded to the site. The review meant that it will take less time to see it here. Just be patient and you'll most likely see it soon.

Paco 31-05-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Oak (Post 405851)
There is still a backlog of files and/or games which still need to be uploaded to the site.

@Spidol do know that there is about 30 Games ready to upload (your Game not counting) and some Games are waiting since last Year.

SpiDoL 30-06-2010 09:06 PM

Mortal Kombat 3 and 4

I know I'm still waiting for Mortal Kombat Trilogy to get onto the main site. But I was thinking, since you've already got Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 on there as well as Trilogy coming up, why not complete the collection with Mortal Kombat 3 and 4?

I've got the full ISOs of MK3 (DOS) and MK4 (Windows) on my comp right now. If the games get approved, I'll also hunt down MK3 for Windows* and MK4 Enhanced, a patch that throws in elements from MK Gold for Dreamcast onto the PC version.

So are they good to go?

*The Windows and DOS versions of MK3 were sold separately and are vastly different from each other. Whereas the Windows version was a direct port of the PlayStation version, the DOS version was built from scratch and more closely resembles the arcade version.

Professor Oak 30-06-2010 10:12 PM

Mortal Kombat 3 [APPROVED]
Mortal Kombat 4 [SUPPORTED]

SpiDoL 30-06-2010 10:22 PM

1. I'll upload MK3 and send it to you via PM.

2. What does "SUPPORTED" mean?

3. The Windows version of MK3 will have to wait for some time. I dug through the dark depths of the Internet to try and find it, but was unfortunately unsuccessful.

Professor Oak 30-06-2010 10:24 PM

Supported means that a website or company is still supporting the game, and it pretty much can be considered under the same banner as being sold. Please upload the ISO files to the ISO Cellar and for any archive versions which run without the CD, please upload them via FTP.

SpiDoL 30-06-2010 10:46 PM

And how do you upload via FTP?

Paco 01-07-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Oak (Post 408533)
Please upload the ISO files to the ISO Cellar and for any archive versions which run without the CD, please upload them via FTP.

nono. any Archive under 150 MB goes to FTP and any over it goes to ISO CELLAR.

Professor Oak 01-07-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 408579)
nono. any Archive under 150 MB goes to FTP and any over it goes to ISO CELLAR.

Yet what if the CD has music built into it which can only be gained from making it into an ISO? I would love to see a ISO version of Mortal Kombat 3.

SpiDoL 07-07-2010 02:25 AM

Better versions of MK 1 and 2

Ahem ... Sorry about that, but you haven't told me how to upload the MK3 rip to FTP yet.

And another thing:
Nyerguds mentioned in the ISO cellar that there was a CD-based version of MK 1 and 2, that had much better sound and music than the floppy version. I quickly found and downloaded it, and he was right:

-MK1 now has sound quality just like the arcade version, and is set up more like MK2 menu-wise. It's also a lot less laggy and more smooth than before.

-MK2 is still restricted to MIDI music, but is still better than the version already on this site. It's more smooth, the buy-in screen works properly in DOSBox, and the copyright screen stays on screen longer, making it easier to access the cheat menu.

I'd like to put the new versions of MK 1 and 2 on your main site. I might be able to put the entire ISO on there, as it's only 50 MB uncompressed. I wrote a review for MK3, and I can write new reviews for MK 1 and 2 as well! Or if you're gonna put the ISO on its own page as "Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 Double Pack", I can write a review for just that.

TotalAnarchy 07-07-2010 04:33 AM

I'll send you the FTP acess in a PM, but you need to enable Private Messaging in your USER CP.

SpiDoL 07-07-2010 09:19 AM

I'm ready for private messaging!

But what about the new versions of MK 1 & 2? And can I put the 50MB ISO on the main site or not?

TotalAnarchy 07-07-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 409037)
I'm ready for private messaging!

But what about the new versions of MK 1 & 2? And can I put the 50MB ISO on the main site or not?

If they're better than the ones on site then upload them, but we need preinstalled versions, not the ISO. So if you could supply us an archive of the folder it would be nice. :)

SpiDoL 07-07-2010 02:26 PM

MK 1 and 2 are in my FTP folder, along with new reviews and screenshots.

Now I had to include DOSBox along with the ISO in each archive, the reason being that the games can't run without the CD in the drive, and I wasn't able to find cracks for them online. Each archive is less than 50MB zipped. I preconfigured DOSBox to automatically mount the ISO and start the game when you click on "dosbox.exe".

I'll try to get MK3 and MK Trilogy on there later today...

TotalAnarchy 07-07-2010 03:53 PM

Err, why did you make new reviews and screens? We don't actually need them since we don't replace appropriate reviews...

SpiDoL 07-07-2010 05:55 PM

So they'd be consistent with the reviews and screens you'll be using for MK3 and MK Trilogy. If you don't want them, that's fine, but I am a consistency geek.

SpiDoL 07-07-2010 09:13 PM

MK3 and MK Trilogy are now in the FTP.

SpiDoL 16-07-2010 08:32 PM

Hey guys, since this thread isn't just about Sonic now, could you please change the thread title to "SpiDoL's Offers"?

Now that I've got Mortal Kombat in the queue, I'm gonna focus on its #1 rival: Street Fighter!

No offense, but the version of Street Fighter II DOS you have on here is major crap. It's not just me, a lot of people hated that version. There is an alternative though ... Super Street Fighter II Turbo DOS.

It's based on the most complete and polished version of Street Fighter II out there. It's more arcade-perfect, more user-friendly, and overall better than the SFII you've got on the site!

See for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KOI1rLNYgQ

There's two versions of the game: The CD-ROM version showcased in the video, which I'll put in the ISO cellar, and the floppy version which uses MIDI music. I'll gladly upload them to the site, but I need the official OK first...

Professor Oak 16-07-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 409565)
Hey guys, since this thread isn't just about Sonic now, could you please change the thread title to "SpiDoL's Offers"?

Your wish is my command.

SpiDoL 16-07-2010 10:54 PM

Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, what's the word on Super Street Fighter II Turbo?

Professor Oak 16-07-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 409578)
Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, what's the word on Super Street Fighter II Turbo?

You'll find it in the ISO Cellar however, feel free to contribute your own version of it.

SpiDoL 16-07-2010 11:11 PM

All right then. The floppy version's small enough to put on the main site, so I'll upload that, along with a review and screenshots. It'll have to wait until Sunday night, when I can get back on my real computer again...

SpiDoL 17-07-2010 04:17 AM

Nah, I decided to upload it tonight.

The game is on the FTP in my folder, along with screenshots, a review, and an FAQ.

SpiDoL 10-08-2010 11:27 PM

I wanted to point something out about Sonic CD:

In case you didn't know, there's TWO versions of Sonic CD for PC. The one that everyone's familiar with that was released in 1996 was the DirectX version of the game. However, there was an earlier version released one year before the DirectX version. This version made use of Intel's "Dino Labs" video technology, which is considered the precursor to DirectX.

I have the Dino Labs version of the game saying it was released in 1995, and to prove it, this page shows the exact release date (Aug 31, 1995):
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/sonic_cd/

Because of this, and according to your "15-year-rule", Sonic CD can be put on the site as soon as the end of this month! I've still got that custom Japanese-music ISO I made, so can I upload the game on that date?

Professor Oak 10-08-2010 11:39 PM

What are the differences between the Dino version and the more popularly released version? I honestly would support a move to the date of August 31st 2010 considering that GameSpot backs up this date. I do believe however, a second opinion would be appropriate just in case, however as I would reckon it would only be the Dino version of the game which would get the August 31st date because from what I can see, the more well-known PC version which was released a few months afterwards might still be under that time-constraint.

TotalAnarchy 11-08-2010 03:31 AM

Is it even possible to run a game made for the Dino Labs technology?

SpiDoL 11-08-2010 01:14 PM

Hmm, I might be able to get it running under DOSBox with Windows 95 on it.

Otherwise I'd have to upload the DirectX version, because the patch that makes the game run on XP or higher doesn't work with the Dino Labs version.

The Fifth Horseman 11-08-2010 01:26 PM

Upload it to the FTP. Let's see what can be done with it.

SpiDoL 11-08-2010 08:38 PM

I uploaded a ripped version to the FTP, along with a review, screenshots, and boxshots. I'm working on getting them in the ISO cellar as well.

Paco 12-08-2010 09:03 AM

@Spidol can you upload the correct Mortal Kombat 3 Review on FTP? The currently one on FTP is the same as the one for MK 1.

If you post Links in ISO CELLAR, please add Info like File-Size, Format. Thank you

SpiDoL 25-08-2010 01:25 PM

This may sound silly, but could I have the a copy of the MK1 and MK2 archives I made for the site? Because I accidentally lost the ISO, and it wasn't as easy to find as I thought it was.

TotalAnarchy 26-08-2010 03:32 AM

Check PM. But as Paco has told you one post before you we need you to reupload the MKIII review, because the one you uploaded is the same as MKI.

SpiDoL 26-08-2010 12:40 PM

Ah.

I lost that as well, but I can write a new one. I'll have it ready in a few minutes...

EDIT:
The new review is now in the FTP.

BTW, thanks for the archives.

SpiDoL 02-09-2010 12:20 AM

I want to point out that August 31st has passed, and that Sonic CD is officially abandonware now. So maybe you could update the submissions list so that the game's on there, and officially add it to the ISO cellar?

I would've posted this yesterday if it weren't for the fricking donation bug. Could someone explain why the site was doing that?

Frodo 02-09-2010 03:35 AM

Spidol, your signature is breaking site rules. You're only allowed one image and 2 lines of test, or 5 lines of text with no image.

Quote:

Signatures/Avatars
* Signatures cannot contain more than 5 lines of text, and only 2 lines of text if they contain a picture.
* Only one image can be present in a signature. Maximum limit for file size is 30 kb and for dimensions is 450x100 pixels.
* Avatars are limited to 30 kb file size and 100x100 pixels.
* No annoying, inappropriate or offensive content or context
* No advertising of sites similar to or competing with Abandonia

Please fix this. Thanks. :max:

SpiDoL 02-09-2010 10:41 AM

Fixed my sig. Sorry about that.

Professor Oak 03-09-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 413023)
I want to point out that August 31st has passed, and that Sonic CD is officially abandonware now. So maybe you could update the submissions list so that the game's on there, and officially add it to the ISO cellar?

SpiDoL, for some reason, the link(s) to the files for Sonic CD in the ISO Cellar no longer work. I recommend checking out 4Shared in regards to uploading them.

SpiDoL 15-09-2010 11:28 AM

Three new offers:

NBA JAM Tournament Edition
NBA Hangtime
NBA JAM Extreme

If you don't know what NBA JAM is, it was an arcade professional basketball game where gimmicks rule. You could have big heads, obtain powerups, perform wild dunks, and other cool stuff. NBA Hangtime is the game's sequel, and NBA JAM Extreme is the 3D version.

I need you guys to approve these before I can hunt them down and put them in the FTP...

SpiDoL 15-09-2010 11:06 PM

Sorry for double-posting, but the forum's acting screwy again and wouldn't let me edit my previous post.

Here's a video of NBA Hangtime (the Nintendo 64 version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJJIADIGF4

TotalAnarchy 16-09-2010 01:23 PM

NBA JAM Tournament Edition [APPROVED]
NBA Hangtime [APPROVED]
NBA JAM Extreme [APPROVED]

SpiDoL 16-09-2010 01:30 PM

Sounds like we're in business! :D

I'll get them uploaded to the FTP with reviews, screenshots, and possibly boxshots.

SpiDoL 16-09-2010 02:53 PM

NBA Hangtime is now in the FTP! Am working on NBA JAM TE and Extreme...

SpiDoL 16-09-2010 05:23 PM

I apologize for the inconvience this might cause, but I think NBA Hangtime's the only game of the NBA JAM series I'm going to upload to the site.

Why not NBA JAM TE?
The ripped version has a faulty No-CD crack that crashes the game after the "Enter Initials for Record Keeping" question. However, after locating an ISO of the game and installing it from the ISO, I got it to work. Unfortunately, not only can the game not run without the CD, the in-game HUD keeps blinking out of sight when playing the game (this was in DOSBox though, I can't tell if it applies to real DOS yet or not). If someone can make a working ripped version of the game, I might upload the ISO to the ISO cellar...

Why not NBA JAM Extreme?
Because frankly, after trying it out a few times, I found out that the game is flat-out terrible! It'd take to long to explain just how bad the game is. You can't even run it in XP without having to set the EXE to Windows 95 compatibility mode. If someone else wants to upload the game, be my guest, because I ain't touching that dead rat of a game again.

SpiDoL 18-09-2010 12:12 PM

I have another offer:
Rampage World Tour

Yes, there actually was a native PC version of this monster bash. And since I couldn't find an ISO or rip of the PC version anywhere on the Internet, I had to buy the actual CD off of Amazon (No new copies, only used). Once again, I need approval before I can upload the game. And if not, at least I'll have the CD for when the game can be approved.

SpiDoL 19-09-2010 01:38 PM

ANOTHER offer (It never ends, does it?)

Earthworm Jim 1 & 2: The Whole Can O' Worms

I know you already have Earthworm Jim for Windows 95 on the site, but this is a different version.

This version's for DOS and has not just EWJ1, but EWJ2 as well. Both games have arcade-quality graphics (yes, even better than the Windows 95 version) and CD audio. Only downside is that one level from each game has been removed for unknown reasons, and EWJ1 doesn't have the Special Edition levels either. There are a few extras, such as a password system for each game, the intro to the EWJ cartoon show, and an EWJ action figure preview.

From the last two extras, you can tell this version was made to cash in on the animated series that was running on Kids WB at the time. But in truth, this is my favortie version of Earthworm Jim, better than the Windows 95 version and even the HD version for PSN and XBLA.

I need approval before I can upload.

TotalAnarchy 19-09-2010 03:20 PM

Rampage World Tour [SOLD] at Amazon

both Earthworm Jims are sold on GOG.

SpiDoL 19-09-2010 05:37 PM

At least I have my Rampage disc for when it's not sold anymore, but it seems EWJ-wise that the balance has unexpectedly swung in my favor.

I hate to hear GOG go, they were a good and honest game site. But now that they're gone, I CAN upload the Whole Can O' Worms onto the site! Unless you can find out it's being sold anywhere else...

TotalAnarchy 19-09-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 414102)
At least I have my Rampage disc for when it's not sold anymore, but it seems EWJ-wise that the balance has unexpectedly swung in my favor.

I hate to hear GOG go, they were a good and honest game site. But now that they're gone, I CAN upload the Whole Can O' Worms onto the site! Unless you can find out it's being sold anywhere else...

Yeah, they're still sold on Steam and D2D :p

SpiDoL 19-09-2010 11:12 PM

I checked the versions of EWJ on both Steam and D2D, and I honestly think that neither site has the Whole Can O' Worms. The versions on Steam look like the Genesis versions, and D2D's download is only 35 MB, and I know the Can's a lot bigger than that.

But if you still disagree, I'll leave it alone.

TotalAnarchy 21-09-2010 10:14 AM

For the time being we still consider the GOG games as sold, until they figure out what to do next.

SpiDoL 23-09-2010 11:00 PM

I was wondering: Is there a way I can see the site queue, as in what's gonna be put on the site next, and what's gonna be put on after that, and so on. I'd really like to know when at least one of my games will be put on there.

Once again, I'm not trying to be impatient, it's just taking a really long time IMO. I know you have a whole catalog of games to put on, that's why I'm wondering if there's a queue...

TotalAnarchy 24-09-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 414387)
I was wondering: Is there a way I can see the site queue, as in what's gonna be put on the site next, and what's gonna be put on after that, and so on. I'd really like to know when at least one of my games will be put on there.

Once again, I'm not trying to be impatient, it's just taking a really long time IMO. I know you have a whole catalog of games to put on, that's why I'm wondering if there's a queue...

Well a lot of factors determine how fast your games get added to the site. The most important ones are correction by the grammar squad and updater availability. Anyways since Grammar Squad is nearly dead and Carnage was the last finalized in the Grammar Section, I will add one of your games next. Probably I'll choose Sonic CD and I'll do it tomorrow. :)

There is no way to see what's next in the queue, unfortunately, because of the factors I mentioned.

SpiDoL 24-09-2010 12:41 PM

Thank you.

In that case, I'll make new links for Sonic CD in the ISO cellar.

nextinline 29-09-2010 12:39 AM

today became the day for Sonic CD, congrats ("...You've earned it." TES: Oblivion)

SpiDoL 29-09-2010 09:02 AM

Thanks, even though you congratulated me four days late.

SpiDoL 01-10-2010 04:31 PM

I feel much better now that at least one of my games is on the main site. Now I can be much more patient waiting for the rest of my games to be put on.

The next time staff picks one of my games, I highly recommend Super Street Fighter II Turbo. The Street Fighter II that's already on the site, no offense, is downright terrible and will throw off a lot of people who want to try out the game for the first time. Super Turbo for PC is a MUCH better recommendation, as it's more faithful to the arcade version in just about every way.

SpiDoL 24-10-2010 10:05 PM

I have another offer:

Capcom Arcade Hits Volume I

This is basically a PC emulation of the original Street Fighter and Street Fighter II' Champion Edition. It wasn't easy to find the ISO for this; I found it on a Spanish NEO-GEO fan site.

Don't know exactly when this was released, but it was designed mainly for Windows 98/ME. Same as always, you approve it, I upload it. Unless it's a no-go.

TotalAnarchy 25-10-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 415926)
I have another offer:

Capcom Arcade Hits Volume I

This is basically a PC emulation of the original Street Fighter and Street Fighter II' Champion Edition. It wasn't easy to find the ISO for this; I found it on a Spanish NEO-GEO fan site.

Don't know exactly when this was released, but it was designed mainly for Windows 98/ME. Same as always, you approve it, I upload it. Unless it's a no-go.

[PROTECTED] by Capcom until 31 December 2014

SpiDoL 30-10-2010 04:04 PM

I know it'll be a while before these two get on the site, but has anyone requested and/or offered these games yet?:

Thief: The Dark Project
Thief II: The Metal Age

I have the full ISOs of the games from a collector's set, and will gladly upload them to the ISO cellar once they're viable to be on the site. I could make a ripped version of them as well!

I sadly don't have Thief Gold though, so someone else is gonna have to upload that one...

TotalAnarchy 30-10-2010 04:54 PM

Well the first Thief is [PROTECTED] by Eidos until 2014. Of course the other Thiefs are protected as well until later dates.

SpiDoL 16-11-2010 07:58 PM

Thank you for putting Super Street Fighter II Turbo on the site. Another upload of mine crossed off the list.

When the time comes to tack up another one of my uploads, I want it to be NBA Hangtime. I know what you're thinking: "Don't you care about Mortal Kombat anymore!?" Well I do care, and I do want 3 and Trilogy tacked up, but I want Hangtime tacked up first, because in my eyes, that game is extremely underrated, and is a worthy sequel to NBA JAM.

SpiDoL 17-11-2010 07:59 PM

X-Men - Children of the Atom

Acclaim DID make a DOS version of this game, and I'll gladly upload it if it's OK with you guys.

Paco 17-11-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 417238)
X-Men - Children of the Atom

Acclaim DID make a DOS version of this game, and I'll gladly upload it if it's OK with you guys.

no good. Capcom have a Protection-Time of 15 Years so its taboo until 2013 ;_;

SpiDoL 17-11-2010 08:48 PM

Then I'll wait three years. :P

SpiDoL 14-12-2010 08:30 PM

Well it seems that the only games of mine left to upload right now are MK3 and MK Trilogy. Anyone know how close they are to being published?

TotalAnarchy 15-12-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 418929)
Well it seems that the only games of mine left to upload right now are MK3 and MK Trilogy. Anyone know how close they are to being published?

One today, the other another time, probably a bit after New Year.

SpiDoL 15-12-2010 02:37 PM

Thanks! And it's the good one too!

The other reason I asked: Things are really starting to heat up over the new Mortal Kombat, with Kratos (God of War) being thrown into the game...

SpiDoL 23-12-2010 10:10 PM

Oh I forgot. You guys still need to replace the Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 archives with the better ones I uploaded, plus you still need to put the REAL Mortal Kombat soundtracks on Abandonia Frequency.

I can wait for MK3, but how long do you predict until the above is done?

marko river 24-12-2010 07:29 AM

Well, since MK trilogy was uploaded recently, I personally wouldn't hurry with MK3. Although I guess that MK3 should have been uploaded first. You impatient to see it up, aren't you? :)

SpiDoL 24-12-2010 10:56 AM

I already said I can wait for MK3 now that MKT is up, but what about the new archives for MK 1 & 2 and the soundtracks?

marko river 27-12-2010 09:05 PM

*responding to your post in chatterbox* Yes, we do read this tread. However, I'm not sure what to do with your archives. You said you supplied ISOs along with DOSBox. We need pre-installed versions. Also, you don't have to uplaod entire dosbox, you can only state what to change in dosbox.conf or how to mount CD, perhaps creating a .bat file that can take care of it.

Anyway, why are your archives better than existing ones? What's the story?

SpiDoL 27-12-2010 09:55 PM

-MK1 now has sound quality just like the arcade version, and is set up more like MK2 menu-wise. It's also a lot less laggy and more smooth than before.

-MK2 is still restricted to MIDI music, but is still better than the version already on this site. It's more smooth, the buy-in screen works properly in DOSBox, and the copyright screen stays on screen longer, making it easier to access the cheat menu.

The reason I had to include the ISOs with DOSBox is because I can't find a No-CD crack for that version of the games. I looked everywhere online.

TotalAnarchy 28-12-2010 04:49 AM

The Abandonia Frequency song uploading procedure is based on game nodes, we can only add the songs for Mk1 or Mk2, but not Mk1 and Mk2 together. So which tracks are for Mk1 and which are for Mk2?

I already told you in the chatbox, the changes for those two archives are minor, from a different version of the games. The ones currently available for download are the original disk versions as I understand. They deserve to be preserved as much as those cd versions do, and coupled with the fact the archives are not preinstalled but ISO, there is no reason to replace the current ones. We could use those ISOs only if we had no other choice, but in this case we clearly have an alternative.

marko river 28-12-2010 08:37 AM

Well, you can definitely upload those ISOs to ISO cellar. Considering the size of ISO, perhaps we can add them on the main page as extra. What's our policy about that anyway? I was wondering that considering C&C too...

As for no-CD crack, that is not necessary with DOSBox. You can simply write what is needed to be done in DOSBox in order to run the game instead of uploading entire modified DOSBox. Most of the times those changes are no more than few commands. You can even create .bat file In case you are unaware of .bat files, those are executable files that will run few lines of commands that you typed inside of them. So, instead of explaining what is to be done, users can simply run the .bat file and it will do the job instead of them.

I feel very bad that you did all this job (uploading archives with dosbox, screenshots and even writing reviews) which turns out that it isn't needed. I like your enthusiasm about games, so please do check with us first. If there is a game on site and you want to change something, please explain here and we'll respond. If there is a game that is not on site, but you are unsure is it appropriate for the site at this moment, look for it in Requests forum or ask there yourself. Our team that handles Requests forum will check is the game abandonware.

I don't want to see you disappointed for doing job that is not being used. And please keep up with new ideas and games :)

SpiDoL 28-12-2010 09:31 PM

@TotalAnarchy

MK1 Tracks
01. In the Beginning
02. The Courtyard
03. The Temple Gate
04. The Cavern
05. The Bridge
06. Goro and the Emperor
07. Victory
08. SCRLAHTS

MKII Tracks
01. Prologue - The Battlefield
02. The Dead Pool
03. The Screaming Forest
04. The Armory
05. The Portal
06. Air Kombat
07. WDYLMA
08. Epilogue - Shao Kahn's Last Stand
09. MKII Death Jam
10. MKII Audio Tour

If I have to upload the MK 1 & 2 ISO to the ISO cellar, then I will. I just wished that it could get more attention...

marko river 29-12-2010 09:44 AM

Don't think that ISO cellar doesn't get attention. But please tell me what modifications you made to the DOSBox for MK to run. It is surely not necessary to upload DOSBox with ISOs.

SpiDoL 15-01-2011 03:27 PM

I was wondering, is it possible to upload games to the FTP before they're no longer protected, as long as they're not put on the main site until that date?

The Fifth Horseman 16-01-2011 03:45 PM

There should be no problem with that.

SpiDoL 16-01-2011 04:24 PM

All right! In that case, I'll submit:

Sonic & Knuckles Collection
Sonic 3D Blast
SEGA Smash Pack Vol. 1 and 2

I'll think of more later...

SpiDoL 16-01-2011 09:45 PM

OK, I just uploaded Sonic & Knuckles Collection, along with a review, screenshots, and boxshots.

Beware, the review is very long. It took me a whole hour to write it, because there was so much to explain about the game.

SpiDoL 20-01-2011 09:41 PM

100th post! YAY!!!

I was wondering, even though it's primarily a console, it does sound a lot like a computer. After all, it was called the PC Engine in Japan. Is it possible we could start requesting, uploading, offering, and publishing TurboGrafx-16 games?

The primary reason I want to do this is because there's a port of Street Fighter II' Champion Edition for the system, and if this isn't possible, then I have to wait three more years before the Capcom Arcade Hits version can be put on the site!

Frodo 20-01-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 421159)
100th post! YAY!!!

The primary reason I want to do this is because there's a port of Street Fighter II' Champion Edition for the system, and if this isn't possible, then I have to wait three more years before the Capcom Arcade Hits version can be put on the site!

Street Fighter II, and Street Fighter II Turbo are already on this site. I have to ask... how does this one differ? :ph34r:

SpiDoL 20-01-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Street Fighter II

Street Fighter II — The World Warrior is the first iteration of the Street Fighter II series, released in March 1991. The game features all the basic features that would be carried over to subsequent Street Fighter II editions. This version featured several bugs, such as Guile's infamous "invisible throw" and "Golden Stance".
The original version of Street Fighter II features a roster of eight playable characters that could be selected by the player. The roster initially included Ryu and Ken —the two main characters from the original Street Fighter game— plus six new characters from different nationalities. In the single-player tournament, the player faces off against the other seven main characters, before proceeding to the final opponents, which are four non-selectable CPU-controlled boss opponents, known as the "Grand Champions".

Street Fighter II' Champion Edition

Street Fighter II′ - Champion Edition was released in April 1992. It was the first of several updated versions of Street Fighter II (hence the Japanese title Street Fighter II Dash, a derivative of the original Street Fighter II). The main difference with The World Warrior is the four boss characters from the former becoming selectable characters (thus expanding the selectable roster to twelve), and alternate color schemes being introduced so that two players could face off using the same character. Also, much of the gameplay was revised to balance the characters out. Additionally, while in The World Warrior, matches could go up to ten rounds if there is no clear winner (at which point the game made the player lose by default); starting with Champion Edition, this was reduced to four rounds. Additionally, this was the first game to begin to differentiate Ryu and Ken's moves. The game speed of the arcade Champion Edition is slightly increased from that of The World Warrior, hence the "Dash" moniker.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Street Fighter II Turbo was released in March 1994. The main new feature in Super Turbo is the ability to perform a new type of special move called "Super Combos", with one available for each character. A Super Combo is a special move (usually a more powerful version of a character's standard special move) that can only be performed by filling out the Super Combo gauge. The Super Combo gauge is filled as the player performs regular and special moves against their opponent, which will be emptied again once a Super Combo is performed. When an opponent is defeated with a Super Combo, the background will flash yellow and red.
Other additional features are added to the gameplay in Super Turbo such the ability to "juggle" or perform a combo against an opponent falling in the air. This can be done by connecting an air combo-capable attack with another air combo attack or with a Super Combo (and vice versa). The player can also escape from a throwing or holding attack and make a safe fall, reducing the damage from the attack. Juggling first appeared in Street Fighter II′ - Champion Edition in very limited capacity.
The increased game speed from Hyper Fighting returned. The game speed this time can be adjusted on the cabinet's settings. There are a total of four speed settings, ranging from the original speed setting from Super Street Fighter II to one which is faster than Hyper Fighting.
All the characters from the previous game return along with a new character named Akuma (called Gouki in Japan), an unknown warrior who practices the same martial art style as Ryu and Ken and uses more powerful versions of their special techniques. Akuma is featured in the game as both a secret computer-controlled challenger and a playable character. If certain requirements are met, he will confront the player at the end of the single-player mode instead of the usual final match against M. Bison. He can also be selected by the player by entering a certain code in the player select screen. When selected, Akuma's name is not displayed within the game and his profile shot is silhouetted in black.
Additionally, by means of a secret code, the game allows the player to play as the Super Street Fighter II versions of the characters.
We all have different tastes, and my favorite version of the game is Champion Edition.

marko river 20-01-2011 11:25 PM

Other will likely agree with me, but I am against it. Abandonia managed to remain the pure PC games site. As soon as we open to other stuff just a little bit, entire chaos is gonna rush in. I am a big fan of C64 computer and asked similar question long time ago, but this place is not about that. Now I totaly agree with it. Keep Abandonia about PC, nice and clean. We have lot of work without spreading further.

DarthHelmet86 21-01-2011 04:15 AM

Yep PC only, it is a pretty simple rule and we are going to be sticking to it.

If you want to get hold of the game, find a site dedicated to that kind of console. There will be one out there in the big wide world of the internet.

Paco 21-01-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 421174)
Yep PC only, it is a pretty simple rule and we are going to be sticking to it.

If you want to get hold of the game, find a site dedicated to that kind of console. There will be one out there in the big wide world of the internet.

but Pc88 and PC98 for example have many Hentai-Games which we can use to get moar user. :p

marko river 21-01-2011 10:47 AM

So does PC, but so far only few of us dedicated were using those games... for other users, off course :)

SpiDoL 26-01-2011 05:16 PM

More offers:

Street Fighter Alpha (Rip and ISO)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Rip and ISO)

and for Abandonia Frequency:

Street Fighter II Official Arranged Soundtrack
(well known for being in the 3DO version of Super SFII Turbo and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2 & XBOX)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arranged Soundtrack
(The PlayStation and Saturn versions of Alpha 2 had this soundtrack, while the PC version only had the original arcade music)

Paco 26-01-2011 05:31 PM

Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors Dreams

[PROTECTED]
until 2013

Street Fighter Alpha 2

[PROTECTED] until 2014

Capcom has 15 Years Protection.

SpiDoL 26-01-2011 05:49 PM

In that case, I'll just upload the SFII arranged soundtrack for now. I was gonna upload the Alpha 2 soundtrack after Alpha 1 & 2 were put on the main site. I can wait though...

marko river 26-01-2011 06:24 PM

How big are hose rips anyway? For ISOs you have to wait naturally, but you can upload rips. It's better to have those on our FTP, just in case.

SpiDoL 28-01-2011 07:12 PM

I just found the ISOs for both Alpha and Alpha 2, and they're both 360 MB. However, I think I'll be able to make smaller ripped versions of both games...

SpiDoL 29-01-2011 11:20 AM

Unfortunately I hit a snag. The ISOs I downloaded for Alpha 1 & 2 were not in English. What's worse is that the site I got them from said they were in English. Liars!

I'll find another way to get the ISOs. The RIGHT way.

SpiDoL 09-02-2011 05:36 PM

I just submitted the archive, review, screenshots, and a boxshot for Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 1 via FTP. You can hold on to it until it's ready to be published to the main site.

marko river 09-02-2011 07:10 PM

Very nice, thanks :)

SpiDoL 10-02-2011 12:47 PM

I need to edit my Sonic & Knuckles Collection review. I rave in the review about how it's my ultimate favorite game of all time, but it's not anymore. Anyone who's read the Favorite Game Logos thread recently knows that it's now Street Fighter II.

Can you give me the review so I can edit it? Then I'll send the revised review back to you.

marko river 10-02-2011 01:31 PM

Spidol, you can't have that kind of dynamic reviews. I mean, we could change a line or two if you want to correct something, but you are not correcting something about game, but your own opinion. Please don't put those kind of things in your reviews anymore if you know that's not final. Stick to the gameplay. If you are putting something personal, then you can say how that game seemed at the time. Do not put things like this that will change after some time.

Now, there is no need to "give you back" your review :) Simply state here what changes you want to be done. You stated that it is your ultimate favorite game at the beginning of review. Simply change that line into something more true now and please make it something you won't have to change later :) Post the replacement line here, I'll take care of it.

Also, about this Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 1... It sounded very cool, but I haven't found any info on it. However, I found info of Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 2 on Mobyand it says that games 1942 and 1943 are simply ROM files with emulator. If this is the case with Volume 1 too, than we can't accept that. We do not host ROM files, only the PC releases. Are those also just ROM files in Volume 1? I saw that those are Street Fighter 1+2 according to the name if archive. We host both games already. Are those any different than version we already host?

I already told you when you submitted MK1 and MK2 CD images, you should ask us first do we need something. Ask here in this topic of yours. That way you can avoid doing something we won't even use. I like your enthusiasm, and that's exactly why I don't like this kind of situations. Mate, ask us do we need this and that and we'll reply. As soon as you get green light, you can do it. Otherwise you risk of wasting some of your time and effort, unless you can use those reviews for something else. We are PC games ONLY and almost ONLY abandonware, meaning that game had to be sold and it's now not sold anymore (sometimes we accept old DOS freeware games, but rarely). No ROMS, no fans conversion and similar, and we don't host two same games unless those are two different releases that actually differ. If you are unsure about something, ask and we'll explain.

SpiDoL 10-02-2011 05:59 PM

Sonic 3 & Knuckles:
I don't have the original review anymore, but I think if you delete the first paragraph, it should be fine.

Capcom Arcade:
It's a program and game files. No mention of emulators and/or ROMs.
Plus, I know what the ROM files are like for both games and they're not packaged the way they are in Capcom Arcade. You can't use the BIN files that are the game data for ANY arcade emulator. They don't accept that type.
Double Plus, if it WAS an emulator and ROMs, it would most likely be illegal and Hanaho and Selectsoft wouldn't be able to sell the game in stores like they are now.

I'm gonna edit that description on Mobygames. I believe whoever typed that was nothing but a liar.

Another offer:
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
Even though it's basically a watered-down rendition of the SNES port, it was still licensed by Capcom. It was even officially released by them, unlike Super SFII Turbo for DOS. I'll make a review and shots of it and see if it's OK for upload to the FTP...

DarthHelmet86 10-02-2011 06:04 PM

I doubt they were lying SpiDoL the boxart has Arcade Classics on it and two arcade machines. I would say it is a Rom with emulator setup, just because it doesn't work in another emulator doesn't mean anything really.

This is only about Volume 2 by the way.

marko river 11-02-2011 11:01 AM

Dart is right, it doesn't mean anything. Just because you can't run them doesn't mean they are not ROMs, just like if you can't run Linux game on Windows, it doesn't mean that it is not game or program at all.

Also, "other emulators" are free and fan made things. So ROMs for those popular emulators are most likely illegal. So, if Capcom decided to hire someone to create emulator for their arcade games, it is not illegal just because it is emulation, but it is official emulation.

I didn't have time to check, but I will check it soon. I'm sorry, but if those are roms we can't accept it. Also, I doubt that moby person lied, since they do check most of stuff. Naturally they can be wrong, but I will check this Volume 1 myself.

As for Sonic review, here is the beginning, so make changes. If you just want to loose that line, that's fine too.
------------------------------------------------------
Oh boy! Sonic 3 & Knuckles! goody Goody GOODY!!!
If you haven't guessed, this game is my ULTIMATE favorite game of all time! But despite that, I have to write this review as unbiased as possible, so I need to calm down a little bit...

... HMMMMMMMMMMMPH ...... HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMM ...

OK, let's begin:
------------------------------------------------------------------

As for SSF- New Challengers, it seems ok, as long as you supply DOS version. However, I think it is still protected, but probably not for long. I will check that more and give you final answer.

edit:
Actually, if there is a game you think about submitting and you want checking done faster, you can ask is the game good for Abandonia at Requests forum, like I did for this game here. But that's for game's status. If it is approved, than we do want review for sure. You can also search through Submissions topic to see is something uploaded already. If there is nothing uploaded already about some game you can more or less assume that we need it. If you want to submit extras that we already have, but you think are better or different, you should ask here first. This also goes for unchecked games if you don't feel like asking at requests yourself.

SpiDoL 19-02-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

As for Sonic review, here is the beginning, so make changes. If you just want to loose that line, that's fine too.
------------------------------------------------------
Oh boy! Sonic 3 & Knuckles! goody Goody GOODY!!!
If you haven't guessed, this game is my ULTIMATE favorite game of all time! But despite that, I have to write this review as unbiased as possible, so I need to calm down a little bit...

... HMMMMMMMMMMMPH ...... HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMM ...

OK, let's begin:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, delete that line and it will be all right.

SpiDoL 04-03-2011 12:10 PM

Well, the last accepted game of mine that has yet to be put on the main site would be MK3. Could you inform me the status of that game?

EDIT:
I forgot that there's also the MK3 & MK4 official soundtrack that needs to be put on Abandonia Frequency.

marko river 04-03-2011 05:13 PM

I gave MK3 some extra time since we added MK trilogy some time ago. MK3 can be added some time soon. Don't know about soundtracks...

Also, we will add Capcom Hits Volume 1 although it is emulator since it is official PC release, but unfortunately it is protected for a long time. Check here.

You can submit SSF2 - new challengers if you want. It is protected till 2012 (here).

SpiDoL 01-04-2011 07:10 PM

This was just a thought, but is it possible you could publish MK3 to the main site on Tuesday April 19th? Specifically that day, because that's when the new Mortal Kombat finally hits shelves. I don't see why it'd be a problem since you have everything you need to publish the game...

marko river 02-04-2011 12:23 PM

WE already agreed on that, after seeing you mentioning that in chatbox... just forgot to inform you I guess...

SpiDoL 17-04-2011 09:41 PM

I just wanted to remind you guys that the new MK comes out in 2 days, this Tuesday, and to give you a head-start on publishing MK3 to the main site.

SpiDoL 19-04-2011 12:09 PM

Well today's the new MK's release day, so hopefully I'll get to see MK3 on the main site by the end of the day...

Not to be impulsive or anything...

SpiDoL 30-06-2011 06:39 PM

It's been a long time, but I finally have a new offer:

WCW Nitro

Wikipedia Article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCW_Nitro_%28video_game%29

I don't remember where I found this, but it was a rich archive. It came not only with the full ISO for the game, but also with covers, scans, the manual in PDF format, and a patch (not to make the game run without the CD unfortunately).

If the game is accepted, I'll gladly provide a review and screenshots for it, as well as a ripped version to put on the main site. If it's still protected though, I'll wait.

Expack2 30-06-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 429801)
It's been a long time, but I finally have a new offer:

WCW Nitro

Wikipedia Article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCW_Nitro_%28video_game%29

I don't remember where I found this, but it was a rich archive. It came not only with the full ISO for the game, but also with covers, scans, the manual in PDF format, and a patch (not to make the game run without the CD unfortunately).

If the game is accepted, I'll gladly provide a review and screenshots for it, as well as a ripped version to put on the main site. If it's still protected though, I'll wait.

Unfortunately, it's protected until 2014. (Doesn't life stink sometimes? :dislike:)

SpiDoL 18-07-2011 12:05 AM

I know the DOOM series is still sold and protected, but since you already have a page for DOOM II on the main site, I think it'd be fair if I offered the original DOOM to be put on. Since I'm a MAJOR DOOM fanatic, I'd be able to supply you with a endless amount of goodies for both games. I'd name some goodies, but oh there's just too many of them that I know...

Plus, I think it's high time that the DOOM II page got revamped. The screenshots were taken in the game's low detail mode and are thus poor quality, and I don't think the review on the page meets Abandonia's new review requirements. Please allow me to revamp that page. Trust me, I'll do it great justice...

Professor Oak 18-07-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 430928)
I know the DOOM series is still sold and protected, but since you already have a page for DOOM II on the main site, I think it'd be fair if I offered the original DOOM to be put on. Since I'm a MAJOR DOOM fanatic, I'd be able to supply you with a endless amount of goodies for both games. I'd name some goodies, but oh there's just too many of them that I know...

Plus, I think it's high time that the DOOM II page got revamped. The screenshots were taken in the game's low detail mode and are thus poor quality, and I don't think the review on the page meets Abandonia's new review requirements. Please allow me to revamp that page. Trust me, I'll do it great justice...

The images use the original size limitations for the game. Besides, I do agree that they need mixing up a little.

SpiDoL 18-07-2011 09:19 PM

For starters, since both DOOM pages are gonna be jam-packed with all this stuff that I mentioned, we should replace the Title Screen pics (which you see when you search for games on Abandonia) with THESE:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/332/lepic.jpghttp://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3222/lepic2b.jpg

marko river 20-07-2011 12:08 PM

I think that we also use ingame shots as title shots (or listing shots). Also, I'm not sure is it safe to use official pictures over ingame shots, although it does sound a bit silly when I say it like this...

SpiDoL 21-07-2011 12:49 PM

OK, I'm gonna explain one of the goodies I was talking about:

SOURCE PORTS
Source Ports are what really make DOOM fun nowadays, and the majority of DOOM fans prefer them over DOSBox in order to play the game. Source Ports are basically EXEs for DOOM, whether it be on Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, or other systems (including consoles and handhelds).

However, they up the ante a bit by adding features that were never implemented or were not possible in the original game, such as modern gameplay (jumping, free look, etc.), OpenGL graphics, 3D models and HD textures, MP3/OGG music and sound, online multiplayer, and other minor and/or major tweaks.

The Source Ports I was going to link to and maybe make archives of (without the commercial WADs of course) would be:
ZDOOM - The most popular and well-known DOOM source port.
http://zdoom.org/About
GZDOOM - Same as ZDOOM, but now with OpenGL support.
http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom/about.html
DOOMsday - Many people use this port for the heavily upgraded graphics and audio.
http://dengine.net/
Skulltag - The best source port for online multiplayer.
http://www.skulltag.com/
These are the ports I like to use, but it's not limited to this. There's so much more out there...

Professor Oak 21-07-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 431182)
OK, I'm gonna explain one of the goodies I was talking about:

SOURCE PORTS
Source Ports are what really make DOOM fun nowadays, and the majority of DOOM fans prefer them over DOSBox in order to play the game. Source Ports are basically EXEs for DOOM, whether it be on Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, or other systems (including consoles and handhelds).

However, they up the ante a bit by adding features that were never implemented or were not possible in the original game, such as modern gameplay (jumping, free look, etc.), OpenGL graphics, 3D models and HD textures, MP3/OGG music and sound, online multiplayer, and other minor and/or major tweaks.

The Source Ports I was going to link to and maybe make archives of (without the commercial WADs of course) would be:
ZDOOM - The most popular and well-known DOOM source port.
http://zdoom.org/About
GZDOOM - Same as ZDOOM, but now with OpenGL support.
http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom/about.html
DOOMsday - Many people use this port for the heavily upgraded graphics and audio.
http://dengine.net/
Skulltag - The best source port for online multiplayer.
These are the ports I like to use, but it's not limited to this. There's so much more out there...

You forgot about Boom and Chocolate Doom.

Japo 21-07-2011 06:54 PM

The listing shots are supposed to be the logos from the game, and they get downsized to 180 pixels wide, so it would be a waste. But those images could be extras, where are they from, are they fan-made?

We know about the ports, but I don't know how they fit in Abandonia.

marko river 21-07-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 431212)
But those images could be extras, where are they from, are they fan-made?

I was thinking about it too. It seems by the signature that those are official pictures by ID software. So perhaps, and only perhaps, they might fit into extras or boxshots under something... like poster, commercial or whatever... Spidol, where do these pics come from and what are they used for?

SpiDoL 22-07-2011 05:12 PM

@marko:
I just did a google search and found them. They'd mainly be used for the title screens in HD texture packs.

marko river 23-07-2011 02:56 PM

:mhh: Hmmm, I'm not sure how to use them... anyone?

SpiDoL 25-07-2011 05:56 PM

Sorry to sound rude, but what's the holdup? Everyone here thinks adding a DOOM 1 page and revamping both pages is a good idea, so why don't we get cracking?

marko river 28-07-2011 11:06 PM

Well, mostly because we are too lazy to get to agreement :3:

Anyway, you can work on Doom review and shots. I was thinking about doing it myself after playing it again recently, but knowing how you can get enthusiastic, it would be just a crime taking it away from you ;)
But Spidol, use original version. No better textures, new features and similar. Just plain old Doom. Anything extra would go under extras. Speaking of which, I don't think we should host anything that is a fan made and available for downloading where it was created. But a link with one or two sentences big explanation at the bottom of the review would be fine, off course.

And for now, leave Doom 2 as it is. We still act as some kind of museum and stick to original releases on the main page, so shots are fine. Still, anything extra can be considered, but review and shots stay for now, unless more of us staff members agree we need something else.

If you feel it hasn't been explained how important and influential Doom series was and that future generations should know about it, do it in Doom review. After all Doom 2 has almost identical gameplay, no need to praise it on both pages.

SpiDoL 29-07-2011 12:29 PM

All right, I've got the review, screen shots, and box shots ready to upload to the FTP, along with an archive of the game for archival purposes only, not for download. But I need the username and password for the FTP, because the username and password that TotalAnarchy initially gave me doesn't work anymore.

marko river 29-07-2011 01:56 PM

Yeah, that changed. Just sent you PM.

SpiDoL 29-07-2011 06:30 PM

Everything's been uploaded. Thanks!

I didn't say anything about the source ports in the review, but I might add a few words about them after the DOOM page is up...

marko river 29-07-2011 08:00 PM

Do it now, I'll add it in separate section at the end of review. Just mention few most important ones and keep it very short, along with links naturally.

And thanks, as always :)

SpiDoL 30-07-2011 01:49 AM

NOTE:
Don't forget to grab a source port which allows you to play DOOM on Windows XP/Vista/7 and many other operating systems! Here's three to get you going:

Chocolate DOOM

A port which emulates the original DOS version of DOOM as closely as possible while keeping functionality on modern computers.
http://www.chocolate-doom.org/wiki/i...Chocolate_Doom

Risen3D
A port that beefs up the DOOM experience with 3D models, HD graphics, remixed sound and music, and more.
http://risen3d.drdteam.org/

Skulltag
A port that allows you to play DOOM online with people around the world.

SpiDoL 20-08-2011 09:17 PM

I uploaded my review for the CD-ROM version of Mortal Kombat 1, to use with Expack's new archive for the game.

SpiDoL 17-11-2011 03:13 PM

I want to revise my "Sonic and Knuckles Collection" stuff

After March 20 of next year, we'll finally be able to put Sonic and Knuckles Collection onto the main site.

Before that time comes, however, I want one of the staff to send me all the stuff I uploaded to the FTP for the game. I want to revise the review only a little bit, and add some more extras, like box shots, a very easy-to-read FAQ specially made for the PC version of the game, and a debug file I learned about from Sonic Retro.

So if possible, could you guys send me the stuff via PM?

Japo 17-11-2011 06:49 PM

First, this would have been better posted on your offers thread.

You need to edit it... again?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiDoL (Post 422754)
I need to edit my Sonic & Knuckles Collection review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 422758)
Spidol, you can't have that kind of dynamic reviews. I mean, we could change a line or two if you want to correct something, but you are not correcting something about game, but your own opinion. Please don't put those kind of things in your reviews anymore if you know that's not final. Stick to the gameplay. If you are putting something personal, then you can say how that game seemed at the time. Do not put things like this that will change after some time.

And if you have more material (box shots, walkthough...), of course we appreciate it, but again please post about it on your offers thread.

SpiDoL 27-11-2011 05:43 PM

I don't mean to sound rude, but it's been 10 days since I asked for all that Sonic & Knuckles Collection stuff I uploaded, and no one's sent it to me yet. I really need to revise the review one more time, and add more extras. Can I please have the stuff?

marko river 28-11-2011 08:46 AM

PM sent

SpiDoL 28-11-2011 08:26 PM

It all looks good from what the Grammar Squad did. All I need is the Debug File I sent you put in the game's Extras section.

SpiDoL 01-12-2011 09:10 PM

The Debug file is now in my folder on the FTP.

SpiDoL 09-02-2012 07:01 PM

New Offer!

Quote:

PacPC (and Ms. PacPC) are freeware versions of *you guessed it* the arcade classics Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man.

They're DOS games (they were made back in 1995!), but even today, many Pac-Man fans consider these games to be the greatest Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man clones ever made! They were both built and coded by a guy called JROK, and like he says on his site: "These games are NOT emulations using the original game code, they were coded and debugged from the ground up."

You can get both games from his website: www.jrok.com. However, I made an archive containing the games bundled with DOSBox*, preconfigured and set to run in original arcade resolution. You can download it here.

I'd really love to see these two games on this site. Like I said, many people consider PacPC and Ms. PacPC the best Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man clones of all time, and I feel they need more recognition and respect.

*The DOSBox in the archive is not the latest version, but rather v0.73. The reason I did this is because the aforementioned "original arcade resolution" won't display properly in later versions.
This was a post I made on your sister site Reloaded, but I thought I'd make the offer here as well. Even though it's a freeware game, like I said it needs more recognition, and it's WORLDS better than the Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man already on your site.

Japo 09-02-2012 07:51 PM

It seems we wouldn't be allowed by the owner to distribute a modified archive. We would still give you credit for the archive, of course.

But it's not even clear if we'll be able to host them (by the way, Reloaded is equally affected). I made two threads in requests:

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28376
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28377

dos lover 16-03-2012 11:35 PM

MK CD Images

I see that SpiDoL was responsible for and did a great job uploading the CD images for MK 1+2, MK 3 and MK Trilogy (links for the last 2 are unfortunately dead now).

Since only Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is left among the PC DOS versions, does anyone have a complete CD image of that as well?

Also, according to Wikipedia:

Quote:

In 1995 through 2000, the Microsoft Windows versions for 95, 98, 2000 and Me also known as Ultimate Mortal Kombat: Third Legions were released.
I've never seen this Third Legions versions anywhere at all, and even mentions of it on the internet seem to be quite rare (most are simply copies of the Wikipedia article). I know it's a really long show, but does anyone have this rare Windows CD version of UMK3 as well, that they'd like to share?

Thanks a lot! :)

SpiDoL 05-10-2012 02:24 PM

Can I PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE re-review DOOM II? There's two reasons why the game needs to be re-reviewed:

1. Too short according to current Abandonia standards.
2. Unfair IMO, because it compared the game to modern-day shooters and complained about lack of story, which was never supposed to be a main factor in the first place.

Plus, I'd like to have the source ports section from DOOM's info page imported to DOOM II's info page.

Will you PLEASE let me do this? Hell, I'll review Final DOOM as well and give you everything you need to give that game an info page...

marko river 05-10-2012 07:01 PM

Final Doom, that TNT pack was awesome :)

SpiDoL 20-02-2013 08:51 PM

THQ, the publisher of every WWE game since 1999, just filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. Does this affect the PC versions of WCW Nitro and WWE RAW? Will they now become abandonware sooner than expected?

Japo 20-02-2013 09:10 PM

I guess that depends on who buys that copyright from them, it hasn't disappeared.

SpiDoL 21-02-2013 02:00 PM

Right now it looks like Take-Two is gonna get the license.

SpiDoL 19-06-2013 04:14 PM

Hey guys, now that WCW Nitro is an approved request, you think you can approve WWF/E RAW as well? They're both by the same publisher (THQ).

I'll gladly find and provide everything for both games, however, I've already got a ripped version AND a full ISO version of RAW, plus, even though it's not a good wrestling game, it's much better than Nitro, so I'd really like to do RAW before I do Nitro.

I'll even provide modded versions of the game based on the Golden Era and the Modern Era as extras!

Japo 19-06-2013 05:40 PM

You'll have to ask on the Requests board about that...

SpiDoL 12-05-2014 09:07 AM

Hey there,

I just uploaded a game archive, review, boxshot, and screenshots for Mortal Kombat 4 to the FTP server, as well as the MK4 ISO to the ISO cellar.

Also, here's the MK4 soundtrack for Abandonia Frequency:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/Wxh7X6LKb...oundtrack.html

SpiDoL 10-06-2014 09:01 PM

Hey, I just thought of something:

Mortal Kombat I, II, & 4 all have Limited Collector's Edition Comic Books that accompanied their arcade release*. I've got them in CBR format, but if you want them, I can upload them as PNG files so you can add them as Game Extras...

*Mortal Kombat 3 never had a comic book adaptation, probably because of the Malibu Comic Series that was going on at the time of MK3's arcade release (even though those comics had nothing to do with MK3 until the very last issue...).

Japo 10-06-2014 11:21 PM

This isn't standard, but anyway... In case the comics were no longer on sale, I guess we could host them.

marko river 11-06-2014 10:34 AM

Well, we do host one comic issue as extras of Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis.

If the comics are not for sale and we don't break any rules in general, than I would indeed accept them as extras. But if pdf is not possible, then why not cbr, I don't really like "one picture - one page" idea.

Can you make pdf somehow?

SpiDoL 13-06-2014 04:25 PM

Let me try...

EDIT: Here they are, in PDF format:
MK1 = http://www.4shared.com/office/Mg_f8A...lectors_E.html
MK2 = http://www.4shared.com/office/cVc90p...lectors_E.html
MK4 = http://www.4shared.com/office/xRwOYa...ited_Edit.html

marko river 16-06-2014 10:10 AM

So, these serve as prelude to the games? Nice work for making PDFs :)

SpiDoL 16-06-2014 03:05 PM

Yes. They were written and illustrated by John Tobias himself.

SpiDoL 02-07-2014 10:38 AM

Any update on the comics becoming Extras?

SpiDoL 27-07-2014 03:08 PM

Good work on putting the comics on the main site, and also on the newspost Marko, as always.

Excellent!

SpiDoL 08-01-2016 04:17 PM

Still waiting patiently and faithfully for "Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 1" to become unprotected. FYI, there's only one more brand-new copy of the game on sale at Amazon.com. Speaking of which, do you guys still have the material that I submitted for the game when it finally gets put on site? Or will I have to write that review all over again?

Now, as for offers, I see "X-MEN Children of the Atom" still isn't on the main site, even though people were working on doing that last time I left. Also, I looked back at this thread and noticed that "Street Fighter Alpha" 1 and 2 have both surpassed their unprotection date. Alpha 2 is still sold on GOG.com unfortunately, but I'm sure we can get Alpha 1 on here now, right?

SpiDoL 18-03-2016 01:57 PM

Any answers to these questions?

Japo 20-03-2016 12:10 PM

Hi Spidol sorry about your 1st question do you remember which member of the staff received the files?

About the unprotections do they have threads on the requests board?

SpiDoL 21-03-2016 03:40 PM

I think marko river was the one who received the files, and CAHV1 and SFA1 both have threads in the Request section AFAIK.

Any progress on X-MEN COTA?

marko river 21-03-2016 08:06 PM

Hey Spidol, long time no see mate :)

Sorry I forgot to reply when you first asked, it's been horrible weeks at work.

I checked now and we still have Capcom Hits, no wonder there :)
Review, screnshots and some boxshots... is that it? Was there anything else?

And how are you? It's been years since you came here :) so probably lot has changed. Are you on colledge now? Or working maybe?

SpiDoL 23-03-2016 05:30 PM

Review, Screenshots, Boxshots ... Yup, that's everything.

And it hasn't been THAT long since I was last on here. Truthfully, I had no reason to stop coming to this site in the first place. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Abandonia is one of, if not THE friendlist forums I've EVER been on, and that's saying a lot! So because of that, I'll check in much more frequently than I used to...

marko river 23-03-2016 06:28 PM

Apologizes, you're right. The correct way to say it was: "It's been years since we last spoke" :) I have seen you around form time to time and yeah, I should incerease my activity level here.

Japo 24-03-2016 04:15 PM

Marko where did you put the Capcom files in the server? We really lack a standard so stuff gets lost as soon as it's out of incoming except for the updater who moves it...

marko river 24-03-2016 07:24 PM

Oh yeah, I made some mess once or twice with moving stuff... But as for Capcom, it is in Game Updates/Incomplete

It is complete actually, but it is put there so it doesn't get updated before it is unprotected, and it becomes unprotected in 2019.

Japo 25-03-2016 05:27 PM

OK I had already looked there but I was looking for a title starting with "Capcom" instead of SF.

You could use the "not updatable" folder instead in that case, though I think the intent of all the folders besides incoming has always been unclear and fluid... And the bad thing is that you don't know in how many places you have to look to know whether we have some content in the server...

arete 25-03-2016 06:22 PM

You need some way of organising the server by title instead of by submitter... I think last time we all had this conversation, we found five identical copies of one particular game... XD

The current time is 10:40 PM (GMT)