Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A Nightmare On Elm Street (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4766)

Sebatianos 30-04-2005 08:57 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Guest 30-04-2005 06:20 PM

I dont really understand this game, i picked my character and then just ran around for awhile not knowing what to do.

Guest 30-04-2005 06:55 PM

This game gets SO hard later... It'll take you hours to get through the higher levels (7-10).

Very very fun.

JudgeDeadd 30-04-2005 10:08 PM

I got stcuk here... I entered Freddy's house, but I didn't know how to open doors.

Sebatianos 01-05-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jacek Dobrzyniecki@May 1 2005, 12:08 AM
I got stcuk here... I entered Freddy's house, but I didn't know how to open doors.
Well a had the same problem.
There is a lever in the room at the upper left corner of the house (but I think it only apeares after you collect everything).
Onve you pull it a secret door opens and you can go on exploring the rest of the house.

Guest 01-05-2005 10:05 AM

where is freddys house?

JudgeDeadd 01-05-2005 11:25 AM

It's randomly placed.

Guest 01-05-2005 02:28 PM

pffffffff this is game is so hard

Guest 02-05-2005 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jacek Dobrzyniecki@Apr 30 2005, 10:08 PM
Each level is a huge, linear, one-solution puzzle.

So say, for the first level, you have to find the switch that'll move the wall that'll reveal the key, that'll let you in the door, which is hiding the staircase to the next level. And you have to solve this puzzle all while fighting off monsters and dodging traps.

And if you think Level 1 is hard, you don't stand a chance for the later ones. Took me forever. This is one of the toughest games I've ever played.

Guest 02-05-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@May 1 2005, 10:05 AM
where is freddys house?
Elm St.

Duh.

Stroggy 03-05-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@May 2 2005, 03:05 AM
This is one of the toughest games I've ever played.
Yep, it started to get really nervewrecking by level 6 for me.

Dreg'atar 07-05-2005 02:51 PM

what should i do in third level? :help:
all i see is slime, a lever, and ghost.
i pulled the lever and only some sort of "whirpools" came visible....
so what to do?

Dreg'atar 07-05-2005 10:01 PM

Bought the movie of this game (i mean the real movie)
it's an ok horror movie... some people who doesn't watch a lot of movies might not catch the plot..... i understood it on the second time i watched the movie...

Guest 16-05-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreg'atar@May 7 2005, 02:51 PM
so what to do?

Is there a whirlpool that's not acting like the others? Maybe that's something to check out.

Hino 12-06-2005 11:35 PM

Please help me :help:

i need to know if there are cheats for this games or a way to gain life and coins
'cuz in level 8 i need a lot of keys and i dont have money neither life so i keep lossing please help me

HinoIII

Zlazz 09-07-2005 09:45 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street.
Level 3 - Go to the only switch on the wall and hit it to get the message about whirlpools. When you go back to the cross of whirlpools you'll notice that one 'arm' of the cross has disappeared. Approach the middle whirlpool from that direction and you'll be transported to the next section of level 3. There is a lot more to do on level 3 but note that the end of this level has the copy protection passwords so save your game before attempting to finally leave if you do not already have the answers from the game manual.

Level 8 - You must bring a key into this level otherwise you cannot get through it.

zlazz_zlazz@hotmail.com

Ultra Magnus 19-07-2005 07:37 AM

What I should I do in 10th level? Is it a final level? Please, help me!!!

Shadow_Stalker 24-07-2005 03:00 PM

I am a big fan of freddy's movies and i think that the third (the one on is based this game) is the best after the first (if you haven't seen it,do it now! It's a classic.).
Howewher i am stuck around level 6-7,Amanda Krueger (the nun) apperead and told me to do something,now i am in an empty room with no exits and i forgot what to do...Can someone tell?

Zlazz 26-07-2005 07:06 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 10

The hint to complete this final level is supposed to show when you hit the lever at the top however version 1 doesn't display it but version 2 will. The hint tells you: You have little time left. You must rid yourself of the three items before Freddy appears at midnight! Take the claw to the east, the hat to the south and the crucifix to the west! Once you have completed these tasks return here and free me from my tomb!

You won't complete the level unless you have a tunneling device - pick, chainsaw or taser - but there is a vending machine to the east where you can get one of these. The cross puzzle to the west is ultra-difficult but the others are easier.

After completing the three tasks within the time limit you'll face up to Freddy in the final battle. But unless you brought the shield from level 8 along, you won't last very long!

Shadow_Stalker 27-07-2005 06:52 PM

I am at the cross puzzle..What must i do to resolve it?

Zlazz 28-07-2005 07:24 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 10 - The Cross Puzzle
This is the most difficult puzzle in the game and requires you to alter the shape of the corridors in the area on the west side so that the map finally shows it as a vertical pillar with two cross arms at the side.
Something like ||
[ || ]
||
||
This is what the hit of "restore all north and south walls - get rid of east and west walls" means so you really need the map from the start of the level to see what changes occur when a switch is hit. Some walls containing switches also appear when you dash across the two rising and falling spike pits and - just to make it more confusing - every time you enter the puzzle room from the main arena another change will occur and this requires you to leave and then re-enter the puzzle numerous times. Without looking at the map it's almost impossible to work out what is happening.
When you eventually solve the puzzle you are transported to another area which you cannot leave without losing the cross so if you haven't done the hat and glove puzzles first there is no way to complete them before being destroyed. And after all that you still have to face off against Freddy, but as mentioned earlier, if you haven't brought the shield from level 8, he'll demolish you almost immediately.

Zlazz 04-08-2005 10:23 AM

Level 10 - Cross Puzzle

That last post didn't work out too well. The completed Cross puzzle is supposed to look like this (ignoring the dashes).
----||----
--[ || ] --
----||----
----||--

Guest 18-08-2005 08:11 PM

I was on my comp when i saw this night mare download... :OK: Then i download and i relized that the first level was a peice of cake! :yawn: Then on the second level it was totally hard! :mad: Its not worth it! :rant:

Guest 19-08-2005 05:20 PM

THIS GAME ROCKS! :OK: I wish u could get :adminpower: and be able to :rifle: Freddy!! It'll be the best! LOL

Guest 10-01-2006 05:25 PM

Hey I remember playing this game loooong time ago and now I found it on my disk somewhere. It brings out the god old times. So I started to play it again ;) and I got stuck in level 7 can't remember what I did ... it frustrates me. here's the link to map and if anybody knows what should I do I would be most grateful.
Level 7 image

Guest 06-02-2006 02:23 AM

So are there no cheats for this game? I've been searching everywhere.

Firedude 19-03-2006 12:54 PM

I've reached Freddy's house but never bet level 2 I belive it was. I did see a lever but I just don't know what to do!!!! :help: But pretty much it's a good game and I'm satisfied. :D

Sebatianos 19-03-2006 01:02 PM

From what I remember just walk into the lever and then leave that room the way you came... Somewhere near the place where you came in the house a new passage should open (you should continue there).

Guest 12-04-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jan 10 2006, 06:25 PM
Hey I remember playing this game loooong time ago and now I found it on my disk somewhere. It brings out the god old times. So I started to play it again ;) and I got stuck in level 7 can't remember what I did ... it frustrates me. here's the link to map and if anybody knows what should I do I would be most grateful.
Level 7 image

Level 7 is about to put the holy water bottles in the middle 4 spots. The place where you haven't been - you don't have to be there. When you're in level 8 go back to level 7 to rescue the girl.

alper 16-04-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreg'atar@May 7 2005, 02:51 PM
so what to do?

this good game :D

dsma_bell 15-05-2006 04:35 AM

I have a problem on level 6. I've beaten this level already, but I didn't find a way to the cross-shaped area a bit northeast of the middle. I thought, I just tried everything out, but this little peace of the map is still a secret to me. Can somebody help me with that?

zlazz 01-06-2006 10:40 AM

You've missed the switch in the room where the IceBlaster is. This opens the way to the last diamond-shaped area.

zlazz 01-06-2006 10:46 AM

Whoops. The following should have referred to the enquiry about level 7 where someone had a problem getting to the end of the level. You've missed the switch in the room where the IceBlaster is. This opens the way to the last diamond-shaped area. The other reply was not quite accurate as you have the option of returning to level 2 from level 8 should you wish. Be warned also that you must carry a key into level 8 otherwise you cannot get through it.

zz top 08-06-2006 03:03 PM

Hi
Is possible directly return from level 8 on level 2 or 3 ?
I'm on level 8 but I don't have a key :(

Help :sos:

Ahnassi 16-06-2006 12:49 AM

This game surely needs a walktrough.
I also stuck in level 3 (slime)

stu 21-06-2006 11:09 PM

kinda stuck on level 10, do you have to complete the puzzles in order to finish the game?
or can you just wait for the final battle, i tried waiting had the shield and unloaded about 50 rounds from the ice blaster before i bit the dust
also what is the deal with the south puzzle??

Zlazz 28-06-2006 11:28 PM

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 10
Following Amanda's hint (which doesn't show on version 1 of this game - grrr!) you have to solve the puzzle to the south by putting Freddy's hat into the middle of a grid of fire. When this is done you are transported back to the main arena and then need to go west to put the glove into a similar grid with spikes. These two tasks are interchangeable and not terribly difficult. The last puzzle is to the east and mighty hard to finish off. It involves using wall-levers and hidden switches in spike pits to alter a system of rooms and passages into a recognisable cross when viewed through the map. When this is done you are transported into a small room where you need to place the cross into the midst of a grid of water-bottles. Then it's back to the arena and north to arm up before the last transport into battle against Freddy. All you need for this is a weapon and as much hypnocil as you can carry.

Without the shield from the Control room on level 8 you'll be destroyed almost immediately but if you have it and (preferably) the tazer the trick is to shoot the snake's head numerous times while watching your health level. If necessary cut and run for a recharge of hypnocil then return. If you gert the snake to follow you it's easier to line up for his head-shot. The shield works automatically and the battle will be over very quickly so good luck. Speed is of the essence and the battle certainly doesn't take long to be decided one way or another.

Guest 08-07-2006 04:33 PM

I am in level 7 , and i stuck in the room , when includes 4 bottles of holy water, and i dont know how can iget out of this hall.Somebody helps me!

Guest_Freddy_* 08-07-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest
I am in level 7 , and i stuck in the room , when includes 4 bottles of holy water, and i dont know how can i get out of this hall. Somebody help me!

You need to put the 4 bottles of holy water around the center diagram or whirlpool or whatever it is. You sorta place them on the ground around it in a cross formation.

Also, does anyone know what the deal is on level 8, when you go back to level 2 to get the hat... what are you supposed to do with it and is there any way to keep the hat from attacking you while you are carrying it?

Guest 22-07-2006 03:00 PM

If you have the crucifix from this level the hat dont attacked you.And you need it the last level.

Kamui 24-09-2006 04:28 PM

Hello, guys! Maybe one of you could tell me, what's wrong... I'm playing this game since a few days and I have problems with passing the third level - this one with green walls. I got even to the shop and got through the whirlpool and a door to another part of this level... the last place I managed to visit was a little secret room with many coins on my way and ghosts, and a skeleton. But after walking through all the secret room and fighting the monsters I could only come back to the beginning of the third level - and then I even couldn't get through whirlpools to its further parts! I could only go back to second level... I consider it was not the point of this game :P

What does cause my problems with passing 3rd level and how to solve it ?? I will be grateful for help... :)

Nevertheless, the game is quite enjoyable :) I really do like the movies and I find even this old game a little bit scary... :o

Zlazz 26-09-2006 06:18 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 3
This particular level resets itself when you are transported from one of its areas to another and you will find yourself back in the start area again. So from there you need to hit the switch on the west wall and then go to the centre of the cross of whirlpools to be transported elsewhere on level 3 again. This is needed every time you are returned to the start so only approach the centre whirlpool from a clear path rather than trying to walk through any of the other whirlpools. Initially the exit to level 4 is within a locked area but going through the various transports will open it - you'll get a mesage when this happens. However the end of level 3 springs the game passwords on you so make sure you save your game before attempting to leave level 3 if you do not have them. Then it's restore and guess until you get a correct answer!

Kamui 01-10-2006 07:44 PM

Thank you very much for help :) I will try to pass through this level with your advice. These are the last days of my holidays this year, so I wanna have fun and play a stupid game xD ;)

Guest 02-10-2006 11:45 AM

So, the third level was much easier thanks to your advice, Zlazz, but now I am stuck again :D - this time it's level 4. Freddy just wants a gift in his mushroom bed (LOL) and I really do not know what kind of gift it should be (I'd like to give him a magnet because I don't know what they are for) and how to leave it there. Anyway, it's a nice level, because there are no bloody ghosts as long as I come to this mushroom bed :)

Zlazz 11-10-2006 11:56 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 4
Re the query of what to leave in the mushroom bed. Anything from your inventory will do and once it is dropped a door is seen to open as soon as you move back from that area. Be ready for an immediate slime attack! BTW the next riddle involves a passage to the east in which you can see some hypnocil but as soon as you go for it you'll fall into a trap. However there is a way of getting it unscathed although it me quite a deal of time to work out how. It's not an essential part of the level but a side journey only. But one really valuable thing from level 4 is a free map which is well worth tracking down as it is mighty handy on all future levels.

Zlazz 11-10-2006 12:01 PM

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 4
I don't know whether I misinterpreted the last query but the way to drop things from your inventory - particularly those useless magnets - is to use the number keys to select an item and then hit the D key to drop them. Unless you get rid of those blasted magnets they'll eventually replace eveything you're carrying leaving you defenceless and with no way of picking anything else up.

Guest_Monkey_* 24-10-2006 01:21 PM

I don't know how to save the girl on level 2 :(

Zlaz 25-10-2006 09:59 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 2
You can't reach any captured friends directly from level 2 but there is a much later opportunity to save them by coming back to a hidden part of level 2 from level 8. Also watch out if a friend is attacked on the level you're currently in because Freddy will come after you after he's finished tormenting them.

Jontzzu 26-10-2006 06:57 PM

Hey does anybody know how to reach the axe and the grenade in level 2 (where the wheelchairs attacked first time). That axe looks useful ^_^

Zlazz 28-10-2006 11:16 AM

The axe and hand grenade are initially in a locked room and the clue to get them appears after the end of that narrow passageway about half-way through the level when you get the opportunity to go left, right or ahead. Going to the short dead-end on the right produces the message 'Search the trees for hidden fruit'. After activating this message you need to continue north to the very top of the level and stand on the plant just to the right of the centre divider. The message you get then means that the axe-room is now open. You can save some of the task of going right back to the start by going into the left hand area near where you got the 'search' message and it will transport you back to the start. But be careful because if you are moving too quickly you'll blunder into the spikes there.

Jontzzu 28-10-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlazz
The axe and hand grenade are initially in a locked room and the clue to get them appears after the end of that narrow passageway about half-way through the level when you get the opportunity to go left, right or ahead. Going to the short dead-end on the right produces the message 'Search the trees for hidden fruit'. After activating this message you need to continue north to the very top of the level and stand on the plant just to the right of the centre divider. The message you get then means that the axe-room is now open. You can save some of the task of going right back to the start by going into the left hand area near where you got the 'search' message and it will transport you back to the start. But be careful because if you are moving too quickly you'll blunder into the spikes there.

Ok. Thanks! :brain:

ekke 22-11-2006 07:06 AM

Do you know how to pass the test of pits on level 9? , I believe that this would be
my last step before entering at level 10, somebody has a clue.

ekke 23-11-2006 04:16 AM

Hi I'am now on level 10, but can`t put the glove in its place , some advise ?

ekke 24-11-2006 05:44 AM

alredy put the glove, now i'm facing the west puzzle, :OK:

Guest_Phoenix_* 23-12-2006 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekke
already put the glove, now i'm facing the west puzzle :OK:

Guys. how do i get past the quizzes without the manual?? and how do i drop stuff, like those Godforsaken magnets??

Zlazz 04-01-2007 06:52 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street
1) Passwords:
Heading top of page 1 is: DEADLY DREAMS
The first word of Paragraph 1 Page 1 is: YOU
Last word, paragraph 2, page 3 is: YOU
First word, paragraph 3, page 4 is: INDICATES
Last word, paragraph 3, page 4 is: THEM
First word, paragraph 4, page 4 is: DISPLAYED
NOT listed among the items on page 4 is: BATTERIES
Third bold heading on page 5 is: TECHNICAL SUPPORT
NOT listed among the items on page 5 is: SKATEBOARD
Sharedata's technical support: (602)961-4022

2) To get rid of items, use the number keys to select the particular slot then hit the D key to drop them.

DarkMatter 20-01-2007 04:46 PM

Is anyone interested in a save game hack that will give you infinate power and soul, as well as place what ever you like in your items column??? It will also give you 999 of coins, ammo and batteries.
Please let me know and I'll write up a tutorial on how to do it. The only thing you need to obtain is a hex editing program, either for Windows such as WinHex, or a DOS based one such as Zapit.
The only hassle is that the tutorial will only cover the Zapit version, but common sense will allow you to do it in WinHex and the like.
Lastly, I have a crack that will bypass the copy protection check, as well as a complete walkthrough (not written by me), for anyone interested.
Here's a screen capture of the hack in action. It shows the start of the first level:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...n/Freddy00.jpg

Regards,
DarkMatter

The Fifth Horseman 22-01-2007 01:54 PM

I'd be definitely interested.

ekke 24-01-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Is anyone interested in a save game hack that will give you infinate power and soul, as well as place what ever you like in your items column??? It will also give you 999 of coins, ammo and batteries.
Please let me know and I'll write up a tutorial on how to do it. The only thing you need to obtain is a hex editing program, either for Windows such as WinHex, or a DOS based one such as Zapit.
The only hassle is that the tutorial will only cover the Zapit version, but common sense will allow you to do it in WinHex and the like.
Lastly, I have a crack that will bypass the copy protection check, as well as a complete walkthrough (not written by me), for anyone interested.
[BEEEP][/b]@yahoo.com

Thank you very much

The Fifth Horseman 24-01-2007 09:57 AM

Sorry, you can't post your mail adress in the open like that. There are ways to send it directly to the other user, if you just look around.

For taking screenshots, just run the game in DosBox. CTRL+F5 takes you nice clean pics.

ekke 24-01-2007 06:07 PM

Hi the_fifth_horseman, sorry for the e-mail, alredy send a PM.
I've been trying to take snapshot and can`t do it, I`ve tried the CRT + F5, and nothing at all.
I`m running a PIV with Winxp may be there is a way?

Thanks

DarkMatter 25-01-2007 07:59 AM

Quote:

I've been trying to take snapshot and can`t do it, I`ve tried the CRT + F5, and nothing at all.
I`m running a PIV with Winxp may be there is a way?[/b]
Are you looking in the right place for the captured file???
If you've setup DOS Box the way the tutorial explains, then you need to look in the folder: DOSBox-0.63, and you should see a sub-folder called: capture. That's where your capture files should be.
I'm almost done with the tutorial, I've only got a little more to do. I had to stop for the day as my back is playing up, and its nearly impossible for me to sit for more than five minutes in front of my PC without it killing me. Sorry about that.
I also need the help of someone who is willing to host my tutorial. So far its 2.5Mb in size, and that doesn't include the walkthrough, crack and Zapit. But the last two are fairly small.
If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Regards,
DarkMatter

The Fifth Horseman 25-01-2007 12:05 PM

You can put it up on Rapidshare for the moment.

ekke 26-01-2007 05:54 AM

Yes I was playing the game without the DOS Box, that was all the problem.
I alredy took some snapshots, thanks to all.
:brain:

DarkMatter 28-01-2007 04:55 AM

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Save Game Hack Tutorial
By DarkMatter

Extremely long post

Another word of warning here:
By increasing the other characters Soul meters will cause the item slots to be interfered with, thus causing graphical errors. You can fix this temporarily by selecting the item affected. But as soon as Freddy injures them, it will screw up again. But this may be a small price to pay, if in the end, you end up finishing the game with everyone still alive and rescued. I’ll leave it up to you.
Remember this, even though your Soul meter has gone off the scale, it will reduce as you keep getting hurt. It will seem that it reaches zero, but don't panic, it should refill itself. But it isn't infinate either.
I've timed the Soul lasting for a full 20 minutes of constant attack from two skeletons before I lost my life. But what ever you do, after say passing 3 or 4 levels, it might pay you to go into WinHex and replenishing it back to full again. Last thing you want to happen, is to die at a critical moment
That’s it. But remember to save your changes often in WinHex, as well as making backup copies of your game saves. Nothing worse than getting to level 9, going back into WinHex to replenish your Soul, accidentally making an incorrect change, and you find save game won’t load anymore.
If anyone is still not sure on how to do this hack, or there’s something I haven’t made clear, then please post your question in this thread. DON’T PM or e-mail me, as I won’t answer you. All questions and answers must be made in the appropriate thread.
I also promised a Walkthrough of the game, but unfortunately the copy I had was corrupt, and I can’t find the web site it used to be hosted on. Just use “Google” to find a Walkthrough for the game, shouldn’t be hard to get.
If anyone wants the crack for the copy-protection codes, then PM me with your e-mail address and I’ll e-mail it to you with an attachment. But you’ll more than likely find a Walkthrough that gives you the answers you get asked by Freddy anyway. I’ll leave it up to you.
I hope you enjoy this little hack. Also apologies for the lateness of it.
Regards,
DarkMatter

Hunter Hunted 28-01-2007 02:28 PM

I'm a big fan of the movies. Is this the game where you can choose from Will, Kristen, Kincaid, Nancy, and Taryn?

DarkMatter 28-01-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Is this the game where you can choose from Will, Kristen, Kincaid, Nancy, and Taryn?[/b]
Yes, it is.
The game is quite good, that's why it was worth my time to formulate a save game hack.
Regards,
DarkMatter

ekke 29-01-2007 03:22 PM

Thank you DarkMatter

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...defe/dream.png

DarkMatter 29-01-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Thank you DarkMatter
You're welcome.
I see your on the last level, well done. :OK:
Did the hack make it less painful getting through the game???
Regards,
DarkMatter

NecroX 30-01-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkMatter
Quote:

Thank you DarkMatter
Your welcome.
I see your on the last level, well done. :OK:
Did the hack make it less painful getting through the game???
Regards,
DarkMatter

Hope You Can Put The Walktrought For The Game, Is Hard To Get In The Web...:S

Thank You For The Help!

ekke 30-01-2007 09:13 PM

I'got this Walkthrought from somebody in the web, is very clear and has pictures on it .
I think it will be very usefull for everybody.

It will be a challenge to go into the Crucifix area on level 6, maybe somebody know how to do it alredy, will be great to resolve it though.

Walkthrought:idea:

My Podcast

Lonewolf1044 23-04-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest
So are there no cheats for this game? I've been searching everywhere.

There were cheats for this game but unfortuately they are in my storage room. Use a search engine and look for them.

tormentor 04-08-2007 10:54 PM

The movies are great. Game could have been a bit better I feel. Didn't get very far :yawn:

Geckotide 05-08-2007 09:36 PM

Uuh wow :blink:

ekke 20-03-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsma_bell (Post 223600)
I have a problem on level 6. I've beaten this level already, but I didn't find a way to the cross-shaped area a bit northeast of the middle. I thought, I just tried everything out, but this little peace of the map is still a secret to me. Can somebody help me with that?

I want to know how too, Did you find out what to do to go into the cross area?

Callipso 13-07-2008 11:09 PM

Hi all,

I really like playing this game from time to time but there is something frustrating about it: how can one deal with bringing all the necessary items from one level to another? I often get stucked in the 7th or 8th level because of lack of holy water or keys...

My farthest achievement has been the 8th level where I got stuck lacking keys. I restarted the game from the very beginning, wishing to bring the needed keys and/or money there. But I forgot how to get to the ladder in the 7th level! The way to the diamond-shaped area is closed although I try moving every lever and checking the map all the time :(
The always-helpful 'Walkthrough' also can't help in this case. Where is the teleport? What should be done to get access to the room with the ladder (this is the one when you should leave 4 vials of holy water).

I have to tell you that it is possible to complete this level without a lantern - I've done it some time ago because I didn't realise that I should have a lantern ^_^ Moving in darkness was so funny! Have you tried it? he he

Best wishes to all who like this game and the movies :D

Callipso 16-11-2008 06:41 PM

OK, I've managed to win with Freddy in this game :)
But I couldn't solve the problem with getting to the diamond area (described above). Fortunately, I saved a file in which I had got there somehow without the lantern :P

I just couldn't repeat it when I tried to come through the level one more time (I wanted to do it because I had no money in level 8 for buying keys... as it was impossible for me to start from the beginning and get to the diamond area in 7, I had to hunt for ghosts and the others to earn some money for keys :) )
Fighting Freddy in the last level took me three trials - not bad, isn't it? :) The game is very good! And I played with Nancy.

Callipso 16-11-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlazz (Post 226567)
Whoops. The following should have referred to the enquiry about level 7 where someone had a problem getting to the end of the level. You've missed the switch in the room where the IceBlaster is. This opens the way to the last diamond-shaped area. The other reply was not quite accurate as you have the option of returning to level 2 from level 8 should you wish. Be warned also that you must carry a key into level 8 otherwise you cannot get through it.

Aaah, now I understand... Pity that I didn't notice this post earlier :<

Reactor 19-03-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekke (Post 269621)
I'got this Walkthrought from somebody in the web, is very clear and has pictures on it .
I think it will be very usefull for everybody.

It will be a challenge to go into the Crucifix area on level 6, maybe somebody know how to do it alredy, will be great to resolve it though.

You really should tell me how to get to the Crucifix at level 6, I could never reach that location so far, no matter what I did.

Is there a way to enter the area with the two exits at level 7? There is also an item at that enclosed area, and I couldn't find a way how to get there.

Peyroteo 02-01-2011 06:53 PM

This was one of my first pc games, i´ve found it very difficult at the time, I could never finish it. Maybe now...

Guest 10-05-2012 03:15 PM

Had Potential

I remember playing this game back in the day. Picked it up in a discount bin at Electronics Botique (EB). Despite it's numerous shortcomings I felt this game did bring to the table a good sense of atmosphere. The minimalist music (sort of a Tell Tale Heart kind of rhythmic thumping) added to this spookiness of it. I could almost imagine that, if done with some production value, would have ended up something like a Diablo. The graphics, while not great aren't its greatest flaw. The clunky game controls are up there and even more so the cryptic puzzle and gameplay non-sequiturs. All this aside I think as a whole this game better conveys the mood of the movies than say the NES version, which while more polished, was kind of cheesy in its own right.

The current time is 09:26 PM (GMT)