Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crystal Maze (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11187)

guesst 27-07-2006 03:12 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Elwing 27-07-2006 09:01 PM

Sounds awfully hard!!... :sos:

I may give it a try, hehe... If I find anything I'll try like you said to share my progression in the game...
err.. If I can get anywhere.
Any way thumbs up!

Busses 27-07-2006 09:14 PM

I used to (and still do thanks to a certain channel) love this programme gonna try it out right now. I think my mum's boss was on it once, but I didn't know what he looked like at the time and can't remember what he looked like on the show. Anyway I think I remember most the the tasks.

Guest 27-07-2006 09:32 PM

this game is crazy :monkey_dance: :w00t:

Guest 27-07-2006 10:33 PM

I cant get this to run on DOSbox, it keeps telling me

"DOS/4GM Protected Mode Run Time Version 1,95 Copyright Rational Systensm 1990-1993"

is there anyway to run it on DOSbox or not?

Guest 27-07-2006 11:52 PM

Good job with the review! :ok:

The Fifth Horseman 28-07-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

I cant get this to run on DOSbox, it keeps telling me
"DOS/4GM Protected Mode Run Time Version 1,95 Copyright Rational Systensm 1990-1993"
is there anyway to run it on DOSbox or not?[/b]
You're running the wrong executable, dude.

Guesto 28-07-2006 03:15 PM

Just to hand out useless information, both Fear Factor and Big Brother are originally Dutch productions, not UK and US =)

guesst 28-07-2006 04:12 PM

Being from the states as I am, I did not know that. I know that both of those shows we have here and are imported from overseas and I know (from Doctor Who of all places) that England has versions and loves them. I also saw this one where two contestents compete for a new car, and the loser's car gets dumped in a car crusher, but I didn't know the name. The host is psycotic as well.

I suppose I could have done better research, but the point is made.

And I'm still playijng this game. if anyone wanted to use practice mode to improve my strengths matrix, and add weekness, I would be very grateful.

Nosmo 29-07-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

I also saw this one where two contestents compete for a new car, and the loser's car gets dumped in a car crusher, but I didn't know the name. The host is psycotic as well.[/b]
It was called 'beat the crusher' the host was freddy star, and the show was crap.

The crystal maze was basied loosely on the french version of fort boyard. A few year later us brits also went and used fort boyard,in the same format as the french.

I am lead to believe (from a documentory about it) that ove 12 different countries have adopted the format and all of them have used the french 'dwarfs'

Stew2000 30-07-2006 08:26 PM

I have this kicking around somewhere. I got it many years ago, and got bored with it :D

Mahana 22-08-2006 07:30 PM

Now I'm not sure, but this just might be the stupidest game I've ever played! :D

The Fifth Horseman 23-08-2006 02:40 PM

What are you basing that opinion on?

_r.u.s.s. 30-08-2006 09:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8McKX8t1BA =D

guesst 31-08-2006 12:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Aug 30 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]251825[/snapback]</div>That is hilarious. Is there any footage of the actual show?

D Generation X 14-09-2006 11:21 AM

I don't like the Crystal Maze games its hard. It would be better if they put the real games on there instead of games that weren't shown on the tv.

03crichardson 28-10-2006 08:34 PM

Hey, im totally new to this site, and crystal maze is my first dosbox game. I have no idea how to open it. :wallbash: please can someone tell me how to open it!?!?!

The Fifth Horseman 30-10-2006 10:25 AM

Does not compute. Specify "can someone tell me how to open it!?!?!":
1. Unable to unpack archive
2. Unable to run game.

You have been recognized as user of DosBox.
<Lifeform>s unfamiliar with DosBox should analyze the official DosBox FAQ.
Basic Setup and Installation is priority alpha starting location.
DosBox installation includes file "README.TXT". Contents of the file should be assimilated by <lifeform> prior to any attempts of interaction with DosBox.

Xenomorph 09-11-2006 03:46 PM

ANyone know how to actually be able to escape the games here.

O am playing this on windows XP, and the short-cut fo rtha game to escape is Control+Escape, but as you may know, this is also the hotkeys on Windows XP to minimize everything back to the Desktop. :tai:

Anyonee found anyway tofix this, or can help me by changing a setting or anything ?

thanks
:sos:

The Fifth Horseman 10-11-2006 01:12 PM

If you are using DosBox, CTRL+F9.
If you are using Windows, ALT+CTRL+DELETE.

guesst 10-11-2006 04:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xenomorph @ Nov 9 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]266116[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

ANyone know how to actually be able to escape the games here.

O am playing this on windows XP, and the short-cut fo rtha game to escape is Control+Escape, but as you may know, this is also the hotkeys on Windows XP to minimize everything back to the Desktop. :tai:

Anyonee found anyway tofix this, or can help me by changing a setting or anything ?

thanks
:sos:
[/b]
To T5thHM, he's talking about in the game you have the option to bail out of a challange so that your person doesn't get trapped.

And I addressed this in the review. End of the third paragraph.
Quote:

(I found in DOSBox under XP pressing control then escape causes XP to catch it and open the start button, but if you pressed escape then control the game catches it and you escape.)
[/b]
Perhaps I was a bit vague. Control-Esc is the escape command, but in DOSBox you must first hold down the escape key and then press the control key.

Nick Westgate 03-04-2007 10:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Nov 10 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]266323[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Perhaps I was a bit vague.
[/b]
Heh. Not at all. That's the most analytical review I've seen of The Crystal Maze - well done.
I'm surprised you seem to have enjoyed it so much without being a fan of the show.

Cheers,
Nick.
(Co-author)

guesst 07-04-2007 02:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick Westgate @ Apr 3 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]286038[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Nov 10 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]266323[/snapback]
Quote:

Perhaps I was a bit vague.
[/b]
Heh. Not at all. That's the most analytical review I've seen of The Crystal Maze - well done.
I'm surprised you seem to have enjoyed it so much without being a fan of the show.

Cheers,
Nick.
(Co-author)
[/b][/quote]
Nick Westgate? The Nick Westgate who made this very game. The only reference to you on the internet was at underdogs so I doubt anyone's pretending to be you.

Wow. Thanks for spotting out little corner of the internet here. It's true, I'm not a fan of the show, but that's because I've never seen the show, living in the States as I do. But I found the game... well, actually I didn't like it much at first. But sticking with it long enough to write the review I found myself disecting it and analying it and... well the result lays before you. So dispite my initial hesitance I compliment you on an entirely engrosing game. And if you've done anything since, feel free to plug it here. We can't promise wealth or fame, but sincere compliments definately a service we provide.

Pabs 30-08-2007 05:43 PM

Hey. I've tried downloading the game, but it says everytime that it doesn't support full screen mode. So I just have a black screened box. Any help?

Mighty Midget 30-08-2007 05:51 PM

Are you running it in DOS, DOSBox or Windows?

Frodo 30-08-2007 07:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pabs @ Aug 30 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]307840[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hey. I've tried downloading the game, but it says everytime that it doesn't support full screen mode. So I just have a black screened box. Any help?
[/b]
I'm guessing you have Vista? The full screen thing is a common problem with Vista. :)

1. Right-click on your desktop, then select 'Personalize'
2. Click on 'Display Settings', then on 'Advanced Setting'
3. Under the 'Adaper' tab, click on 'Properties'
4. Now select the 'Driver' tab, and 'Update Driver'
5. You will get a pop-up box, so click om=n 'Browse My Computer for Driver Software'
6. 'Next, you need to 'Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers From My Own Computer'
7. Scroll down, and select 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter'
8. You will need to restart your machine, but the game should now work in Windows or Dosbox.

You can change thigs back at any time by following steps 1-5, and choosing 'Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software.

:ok:

The current time is 02:35 AM (GMT)