Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Approved Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Shadow Warrior (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17241)

TheSmyth 25-02-2005 01:21 PM

Shadow Warrior

Does anyone remember this game, and know if it's still sold anywhere?

It was a FPS using the Duke3D engine...

You were a wise-cracking old-fart of a ninja, who was funny as hell when you could get the sound to work, but not quite good enough to be better than Duke.
:wall:

Yamcha 25-02-2005 01:54 PM

Yup I played it. Its really bloody (mmmm blood :drool: )

TheSmyth 25-02-2005 01:59 PM

I used to own the full version (floppies i think) but as usual you can never find the thing you want, when you want it.. I'll probably find it in a drawer in a couple of years time!!! :cry:

Anyone know if this is abandonware yet? (And where?) :ph34r:

Timpsi 25-02-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheSmyth@Feb 25 2005, 04:21 PM
Does anyone remember this game, and know if it's still sold anywhere?
http://www.3drealms.com/sw/

iloveoldies 06-03-2005 10:59 PM

Shadow Warrior 3D [2012]

i remember buying this game ages ago i just can't remember the name. Near enough the same as duke nukem in the sense of one liners and graphics, but had a japanese/chinese character and theme. i also remember the most easy difficulty setting as "tiny grasshopper" any clue? and is it abandonware?

LordHogFred 06-03-2005 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by iloveoldies@Mar 6 2005, 11:59 PM
i remember buying this game ages ago i just can't remember the name. Near enough the same as duke nukem in the sense of one liners and graphics, but had a japanese/chinese character and theme. i also remember the most easy difficulty setting as "tiny grasshopper" any clue? and is it abandonware?
Shadow Warrior :).
And unfortunatly no it's not abandonware :(

iloveoldies 06-03-2005 11:08 PM

damn! brilliant game. where can you get it on net?

Ioncannon 06-03-2005 11:13 PM

go to 3drealms you will find the price of the game thhere. I actully saw the game for sale at my local liqudation store.

Barrett 10-03-2005 11:51 AM

Wat about Rise of the Triad that musta been damn similar

TheSmyth 15-03-2005 12:58 PM

If you manage to get hold of Shadow Warrior / Duke Nukem etc.. Anything based on the "Build Engine" try this link, to get them working almost perfectly under XP.

http://www.deathmask.net/buildxp/ :rifle:

D4NG3R 24-05-2008 08:05 PM

Shadow Warrior [3Drealms]

Its an FPS running on the Duke nukem 3D engine... i played it a long time ago (demo)
Some things i remember:

Its about a ninja guy
you start in a area with cars, and one car crashes (if im right)
there is a gun that can fire nukes
im not sure but i tought that there was the word shadow in the name

It would be nice if someone regonices (i know its spelled wrong :mad:). i realy want the full game :D

D4NG3R 24-05-2008 08:16 PM

There are also some magic weapons
An orcs head (or some other green head) if im right
you start of with a sword (again, if im right... im not sure)

The Fifth Horseman 24-05-2008 08:17 PM

Shadow Warrior.
Still sold
[REJECTED]

D4NG3R 24-05-2008 08:21 PM

Awww

So you cant put it on legal?
In what year the ESA (or somthing like that) protection will be removed?
or dont you know

_r.u.s.s. 24-05-2008 08:34 PM

well since it's sold.. 4 possible options
'til it's not sold out and there would be really really no cds on earth left || 3D realms bancrupted || a huge rubber Antonio Banderas came in to texas and stumped 3D realms offices, killing everybody including the janitors || they spontaneously decided to stop selling one of the best titles they ever made

or you could also BUY it you know=)

btw there's a shareware episode which you can download

The Fifth Horseman 24-05-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

So you cant put it on legal?
Actually Abandonia is not quite legal, more along the lines of staying in a legal grey area. We don't want to do things that would be outright illegal and/or could piss off any publishers enough to sic their lawyers at us.

Quote:

In what year the ESA (or somthing like that) protection will be removed?
or dont you know
Placing games on the site is not just a matter of ESA protection (or in this case, lack of it).
It's also the matter of the game being neither sold nor supported by its publisher, which is a tad difficult given 3D Realms' insistence on keeping their games on sale for a long time.

_r.u.s.s. 24-05-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 326712)
Actually Abandonia is not quite legal, more along the lines of staying in a legal grey area. We don't want to do things that would be outright illegal and/or could piss off any publishers enough to sic their lawyers at us.

see d4ng3r, abandonia offers games which are unavailable to buy anywhere, so it won't harm anyone, we wouldn't be jackasses and put a game which is still sold and supported by the owners for an upload

well there are also some jackass companies who neither sell the game, nor want anybody else to share it, but that's a different story

D4NG3R 24-05-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 326713)
see d4ng3r, abandonia offers games which are unavailable to buy anywhere, so it won't harm anyone, we wouldn't be jackasses and put a game which is still sold and supported by the owners for an upload

well there are also some jackass companies who neither sell the game, nor want anybody else to share it, but that's a different story

To bad you cant/dont put it on download... Still thanks for the info :D

Dave 26-05-2008 10:37 AM

It's a matter of time, Antonio Banderas will save us :oh:
Moved to Rejected subforum.

rexxus 06-01-2010 09:08 AM

Shadow Warrior [SOLD]

I'm looking for an old game made in the 90's that is similar to duke nuk'em but is placed in a dungeon type of area. There isn't much i remember about it but one of the things i do is that there were a few places where there were naked girls. There was one scene that i remember where there was a girl sitting on a toilet that shot at you if you left and came back and another scene behind a waterfall (there are probably more but i don't remember). And i'm preaty sure that it was a horror game or was that another one. So to put it simply a fps, horror, and naked girls.
i don't think there are many games fitting this descripcion around.

Thanks for any anwsers and sorry about my flawed english (i'm not american nor from the UK).

Oh and it would be nice if you (admin's) would add an adult or erotic section.

hunvagy 06-01-2010 10:51 AM

"You no mess with Lo Wang" :p The game is Shadow Warrior :)

Acethor 06-01-2010 11:01 AM

Easy one :)

And anyways, Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D do look pretty similar.

Maxor127 07-01-2010 05:06 AM

I was going to guess Shadow Warrior, but since I haven't played it, I kept quiet. Plus, I never thought it was a horror game.

rexxus 07-01-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunvagy (Post 392698)
"You no mess with Lo Wang" :p The game is Shadow Warrior :)

Thanks man! Very helpfull!

rexxus 07-01-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxor127 (Post 392833)
I was going to guess Shadow Warrior, but since I haven't played it, I kept quiet. Plus, I never thought it was a horror game.

Yeah now that you mention it i suppose it's not, but hell i played it more than 10 years ago so my memories of it are a bit fogy to say the least. Than again i was VERY young so almost everything to do with monsters seemd like horror to me.
Still thanks for giving enough of a damn to reply. Appreciated.

The Fifth Horseman 07-01-2010 02:09 PM

It's still sold: http://www.3drealms.com/sw/index.html

The Fifth Horseman 30-05-2013 01:36 PM

Now free on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238070

MrFlibble 30-05-2013 08:11 PM

Somehow, "free on Steam" doesn't sound like "free" to me...

The Fifth Horseman 31-05-2013 12:57 AM

Obviously, you need a Steam account to get it. The game is free to install and play, it's the base edition without expansions (a version with those is sold on GoG).

They intended to sell it, but after some hilarity where a small group of people managed to get all 50000 promotional keys from Facebook ( http://devolverdigital.tumblr.com/post/51672433148 ) they decided to just make it free.

Tracker 31-05-2013 02:13 AM

Nice, actual developers with some sense, more should be like this with their old games.

Expack2 31-05-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 453195)
Nice, actual developers with some sense, more should be like this with their old games.

Try telling that to the GOG.com community. Quite a few of the more influential forum-goers on that site - not to mention what seems like everyone else - are upset that while Steam gets Shadow Warrior for free, you still have to pay for the complete edition, which comes with both of Shadow Warrior's free expansions pre-installed, on GOG.com.

The Fifth Horseman 31-05-2013 01:42 PM

LOL. :D

Tracker 31-05-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expack2 (Post 453202)
Try telling that to the GOG.com community. Quite a few of the more influential forum-goers on that site - not to mention what seems like everyone else - are upset that while Steam gets Shadow Warrior for free, you still have to pay for the complete edition, which comes with both of Shadow Warrior's free expansions pre-installed, on GOG.com.

Haha, I'm sure they'd never admit they want GOG.com to make it free, rather Steam to make it paid. :D Now they get a taste of their own medicine. Oh the irony.

TheChosen 31-05-2013 08:35 PM

Its worth noting that the two expansion have always been free (like legally free) and you can download them from various sources, like the 3D Realms website.

MrFlibble 31-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 453194)
They intended to sell it, but after some hilarity where a small group of people managed to get all 50000 promotional keys from Facebook ( http://devolverdigital.tumblr.com/post/51672433148 ) they decided to just make it free.

Haha, didn't know that, neat ^_^

The current time is 07:33 PM (GMT)