Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Invalid Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Fallout 1 [GoG] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3395)

sectoid_fodder 25-02-2005 02:47 AM

Fallout 1 [GoG]

...serpent isle part 2 w/add-on, if anyone wants it.

what's the deal with fallout? i could really dig on fallout 2 agian.

Stormtrooper9 25-02-2005 02:55 AM

Dont know if you saw this topic yet http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3600 Fallout is still supported by its copyright holders.

Just wanted to make you aware

Teorias 25-02-2005 08:41 AM

I've already tried requestting fallout and it was a big mistake . the game is not abandonware so don't request it. I've made that mistake once.Just check my post Nevertheless it's a great game.Maybe in the future it will be abandonware, but 'til then it's of bounds. Btw, check the list in the Requests for other games that you shouldn't ask for. :ok:

Timpsi 25-02-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Teorias@Feb 25 2005, 11:41 AM
I've already tried requestting fallout and it was* a big mistake . the game is not abandonware so don't request it. I've made that mistake once.Just check my post Nevertheless it's a great game.Maybe in the future it will be abandonware, but 'til then it's of bounds. Btw, check the list in the Requests for other games that you shouldn't ask for. :ok:
Well, asking for games that you know aren't abandoned just because you don't want to pay for them is definitely against the rules, and I bet you can easily figure out why.

Anyway, you were asking where to get Fallout 1. CDAccess is one possibility. Chips&Bits has both 1&2.

littleguybrush 25-02-2005 08:13 PM

Here ya go:

http://store.yahoo.com/e-cdrom/cd8635.html

If this is too expensive for you, well...

I guess you're pretty cheap then. :ok:

punch999 25-02-2005 08:29 PM

and its kind of hard for us to host a 1k mb file

Calamity 26-02-2005 04:15 AM

You can get 1 & 2 for dirt cheap (I got them bundled for $10) so buying them is a must. Plus it's kind of sticking it to Interplay for canning Black Isle. ;)

Borodin 26-02-2005 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calamity@Feb 26 2005, 05:15 AM
You can get 1 & 2 for dirt cheap (I got them bundled for $10) so buying them is a must. Plus it's kind of sticking it to Interplay for canning Black Isle. ;)
Little late for that. Interplay declared banruptcy, lost its CEO and closed its doors. The company using the name nowadays literally has no one left from the original firm.

Calamity 26-02-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Borodin@Feb 26 2005, 12:32 AM

Little late for that.* Interplay declared banruptcy, lost its CEO and closed its doors.* The company using the name nowadays literally has no one left from the original firm.

Silly me, I knew about it but forgot. :D It's hard to remember with all these companies filing or closing down.

I remember thinking "that's what they get for disbanning Black Isle" and then it just turned into a joke with all the coverage I saw about them. LOL

Gun Man 26-02-2005 07:39 PM

LOL that game won't get abbandon.... :D

JJXB 26-02-2005 07:42 PM

its highly likely that fallout will get abandoned (interplay in deep sh1t means that they won't be able to support fallout and it will go out of sale at one point)

Gun Man 26-02-2005 07:44 PM

Well interplay is almost broke so....but of course EA will come to buy it, and Fallout :bleh:

The Niles 27-02-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gun Man@Feb 26 2005, 08:44 PM
Well interplay is almost broke so....but of course EA will come to buy it, and Fallout :bleh:
Interplay is not almost broke, Interplay is bankrupt and no longer exists.

The Fifth Horseman 28-02-2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

Interplay is not almost broke, Interplay is bankrupt and no longer exists.
:blink:

So how does that affect our situation with Fallout?

Gun Man 28-02-2005 02:00 PM

NO is not broke..why? god pliz :help: :P No i think they are making Fallout III but with a low budget.(well i saw that)

JJXB 28-02-2005 02:06 PM

@horseman: they are unable to support it so it becomes abandonware when it stops being sold
@gun man: bethesda have the rights to make a couple more fallout games (they are making fallout 3) but the rights to the old ones haven't been mentioned so the old games are classed as unsupported officially as far as i know

The Fifth Horseman 28-02-2005 02:24 PM

So we can only have hope all the retailers run out of F1 quickly.

Teorias 28-02-2005 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timpsi+Feb 25 2005, 11:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Timpsi @ Feb 25 2005, 11:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Teorias@Feb 25 2005, 11:41 AM
I've already tried requestting fallout and it was* a big mistake . the game is not abandonware so don't request it. I've made that mistake once.Just check my post Nevertheless it's a great game.Maybe in the future it will be abandonware, but 'til then it's of bounds. Btw, check the list in the Requests for other games that you shouldn't ask for. :ok:
Well, asking for games that you know aren't abandoned just because you don't want to pay for them is definitely against the rules, and I bet you can easily figure out why.

[/b][/quote]
Well.Thanks for the information.
NO ONE HAD TOLD ME THAT BEFORE. :wall:
And for your information 'til i made the post i didn't know that Fallout1 wasn't abandonware yet. So don't anyone bug me anymore because of that. Once was more than enough <_<
Neverthless, thanks for the links timpsi. :ok:

Eagle of Fire 28-02-2005 06:38 PM

Don't take it too hard Teorias. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. I don't beleive that it was really a good move from Horseman to yell at you in the other thread either when you asked for Fallout but it's understandable if you think about the volume of newbies we have to face out who think that they know everything about ABW or want game X absolutly and try to bug us into bringing it to the site so they can get it free on the internet.

I won't give names, but recently a red faced member sure ticked me off too.

Let's just hope that you are not too startled about it and you still wish to be part of this friendly community. We welcome everyone as long as they are friendly. :)

Gun Man 01-03-2005 04:11 PM

Well...after a walk i found Fallout 1 and II for sale.The first was really cheap so i buy it :P. :Brain:

Teorias 02-03-2005 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Feb 28 2005, 07:38 PM
Don't take it too hard Teorias. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. I don't beleive that it was really a good move from Horseman to yell at you in the other thread either when you asked for Fallout but it's understandable if you think about the volume of newbies we have to face out who think that they know everything about ABW or want game X absolutly and try to bug us into bringing it to the site so they can get it free on the internet.

I won't give names, but recently a red faced member sure ticked me off too.

Let's just hope that you are not too startled about it and you still wish to be part of this friendly community. We welcome everyone as long as they are friendly. :)

The problem was not with horseman. I talked to him and he explained me the reason of all that ranting. And i must admit that he was right. The problem is those guys that think that are so perfect :bleh: and keep bugging me about that.i think that timpsi should drink some decent vodka, not that home made crap that he drinks. :w00t: Itīs starting to affect his judgment LOL .

About this community, i think i can contribute to it with some games, help and i'm now starting to help another menber with the portuguese translation of the site. i hope it's ready 'til april.
:ot: do i have to conctat Kosta because of the translation?

And to make peace with Timpsi, i'll offer him a decent vodka if he comes by Portugal
:cheers:

The Fifth Horseman 02-03-2005 12:42 PM

As for my ranting... well, I found out that people tend to listen more when you yell at them. Against that they almost never do when you speak.

Quote:

do i have to conctat Kosta because of the translation?

Either him or the person who is in charge of the translation team for given language (in your case, it would be portugese, right?).

Omuletzu 02-03-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Mar 2 2005, 03:42 PM
As for my ranting... well, I found out that people tend to listen more when you yell at them. Against that they almost never do when you speak.

Yes but do keep in mind that we are trying to be a friendly community ;)

Gun Man 03-03-2005 12:19 PM

The anger can lead you to the dark side :whistle: :ot:

MasterGrazzt 03-03-2005 12:38 PM

Who wants to give up webspace to host Fallout in all it's glory? Not me, that's for sure, even if I had any.

The Fifth Horseman 03-03-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Yes but do keep in mind that we are trying to be a friendly community*
Np, understood.

Quote:

The anger can lead you to the dark side
Dark side? I have long went far beyond that...

Timpsi 09-03-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Teorias@Feb 28 2005, 06:19 PM
And* for your information 'til i made the post i didn't know that Fallout1* wasn't abandonware yet. So don't anyone bug me anymore because of that. Once was more than enough <_<
Neverthless, thanks for the links timpsi.* :ok:

You're welcome. I was referring to your line "I know it's in your non abandoned game list, but isn't there any possiblity?" in which you indicate that you were aware the game was abandoned. No offence intended.

And what comes to vodka, I don't make my own, and on my travels in Poland I have had the pleasure to consume some awesome brands (Zubrowka is heavenly).. ;) I'll keep your offer in mind should I ever come to Portugal, though.

EDIT: Oh. And sorry it took a while to reply. Been away.

Paco 16-01-2009 01:49 PM

Fallout

Sold at GoG
[SOLD]

Fallout 2

Sold at GoG
[SOLD]

Ultima 7 - Serpent Isle

[ON SITE]

The current time is 01:50 AM (GMT)