Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Invalid Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Hexen - Beyond Heretic [Steam] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2903)

Morrin 28-10-2004 07:05 AM

Hexen - Beyond Heretic [Steam]

I would love heretic but I can't find it anywhere.. So is it even abandoned? I've found hexen wich is newer so why not heretic?

- Great site btw! Thanks for the ultima series especially. Keep up the good work!

FreeFreddy 28-10-2004 10:12 AM

I have Heretic. It would be around 10-12 MB compressed. Just tell me please please that it's abandoned now. That great game simply belongs to the site. :D

Unknown Hero 28-10-2004 10:14 AM

I don't think it's abw though! Sorry :not_ok:
But I'm not sure! So ask someone with more information!

Guybrush 28-10-2004 10:15 AM

Have you guys tried playing them using the Doomsday Engine? It's amazing. :)

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

All you need is the wad file for each game. The rest can be thrown away.

Fenris 28-10-2004 10:17 AM

I'm sorry to tell you, but Heretic is still being sold on ID's Internet store for 20$.

FreeFreddy 28-10-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fenris@Oct 28 2004, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry to tell you, but Heretic is still being sold on ID's Internet store for 20$.
Damn. So here we are... :(
Quote:

Have you guys tried playing them using the Doomsday Engine? It's amazing.

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

All you need is the wad file for each game. The rest can be thrown away

Nah, I prefer the original graphics of the games. This just look too sharp with too many corners. Not as beautiful as the original graphic. <_<

Fenris 28-10-2004 10:30 AM

Actually there isn't any abandoned game by ID Software.

In fact the only free game thats related to ID is RTCW: Enemy Territory

Red Diablo 28-10-2004 10:42 AM

You're right, Heretic's NOT abandoned. I can buy it without problem in some stores in my area. But it's still great ! :ok:

The Fifth Horseman 28-10-2004 10:55 AM

Quote:

Actually there isn't any abandoned game by ID Software
What about Wolfenstein 3D and Commander Keen series?

Fenris 28-10-2004 10:57 AM

Both are still sold

Morrin 28-10-2004 11:04 AM

Oh... that's bad! :( Thanks anyway. Maybe I try to get it somehow

I have jHexen and it's really cool but a bit too fuzzy IMHO. It's nice that you have unlimited aiming and perspective fix. What a brutal game! Great atmosphere.

DiamondSoul 04-02-2005 08:55 PM

This is a great game, have you considered adding it? It's a fantasy setting shooter in which you pick one of three characters. :Titan:

JJXB 04-02-2005 08:59 PM

still on sale here

mouse31e 04-02-2005 09:05 PM

ID are unfortunately very protective of their games.

They have released the source code of all their older games but are still protecting the commercial products!

spiderchild 04-02-2005 09:20 PM

that game rocked. i had demo version and that was fun ....

Ferna182 04-02-2005 10:37 PM

ID rocks! i'll fell bad if i use an ID software game without paying for it....
ID it's like the mother of all FPS games thanks to wolfenstein, we have all the others.... thanks to quake and quake 2 we have half-life, sin, sounter strike..... thanks to quake 3 we have MOHAA and still on.........

ID software just rocks....

DiamondSoul 05-02-2005 02:44 AM

Ah damn still sold, well thanks for the info :)

Omuletzu 05-02-2005 10:41 AM

hexen, heretic, very good games, but unfortunately not abw :(

thatmexicanguy 15-02-2005 05:59 PM

Please, I need help finding this game! :help:
Sure, i guess I could buy it from Amazon or something, but I have checked the Raven website and they aren't selling the game, so that must mean something, right? Please help! Even a ripped version will do!

JJXB 15-02-2005 07:23 PM

it may be a raven game but its being sold by ID Games here.

thatmexicanguy 15-02-2005 07:27 PM

ARGH!!! What is up with these darn companies that keep selling 8-10 year old games?!?! It's not like they're making their major profit off of them!!!

MrBackAlleySka 15-02-2005 08:16 PM

Hehe, well as long as there's someone sitting out there saying "Oh, it's not abandoned yet? Guess i'll buy it ^^" they are making a profit. They may no longer make the games, but as long as the already made games, sitting on shelves or in store rooms pull in 5$ a month, thats still a profit more thanif they abandoned the game. I understand how they feel.

Eagle of Fire 15-02-2005 08:47 PM

Please Mexicanguy, chill out. Abadonware actually encourage companies to sell old games, that's one of the smaller goals of the movement. The first and biggest goal is to preserve the old games, but if the developper/producer still sell those games then they are as well preserved.

Abadonware is synonym to free games for far too much people IMHO. And I beleives it should not be that way.

Calamity 15-02-2005 09:10 PM

Besides what about the lesser known games that abandonware sites often don't think about? If you can no longer buy them then those gems will eventually just slip out of existance.

Darken 16-02-2005 02:57 AM

Im all for companys still selling there old games. A couple of years back a friend and I made a game and tried to sell it on a website for underground games as sharware. It didnt work and soon we actully found our game being downloaded for free (the full version) off a homemade yahoo site. :not_ok: Although it wasnt a great game, we still sold 7 copys for 4.99 a piece. Maybe someday ill pull out the dusty floppy disk and jazz it up a bit and see if i can get it on abandonia

Nick 04-05-2005 02:32 PM

Why admins didn't upload this game on the site? The game "Blood" here, but it is newer then Hexen, so I don't see the reason, why this game isn't here. I have it (and it costs me much time of searching in I-net), so, if you need it, I can help.

BeefontheBone 04-05-2005 02:43 PM

maybe because it's an iD game and not abandoned (AFAIK)?

Dino 04-05-2005 02:50 PM

Beef is right. It's still sold on ID's website...
Too bad though, it's a great game... :not_ok:

BeefontheBone 04-05-2005 02:53 PM

The sequel's not bad either, and seems to be out on Xplosive.

Tom Henrik 04-05-2005 02:53 PM

You kids are too spoiled. I would rather BUY a game, then download it. A box sitting on a shelf looks more colorful and "alive", than a file on a computer.

If you think the game is great, then BUY it. You will support the makers who gave you a brilliant game! They worked hard to make it, and the least we can do is to give them some bucks for their work.

BeefontheBone 04-05-2005 02:55 PM

Exactly. There seem to be lots of requests for things that are pretty new or clearly not abandoned on here in the last couple of days.

It's not hard to google a game and check out things like CDAccess to find things out yourself, guys.

Dino 04-05-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@May 4 2005, 03:53 PM
You kids are too spoiled. I would rather BUY a game, then download it. A box sitting on a shelf looks more colorful and "alive", than a file on a computer.

If you think the game is great, then BUY it. You will support the makers who gave you a brilliant game! They worked hard to make it, and the least we can do is to give them some bucks for their work.

If you meant me, then you got me wrong... I just wanted to say that it would be great if it was abandonware for sake of those who can't buy it (no matter the reason why) and who would benefit from downloading it from abandonia... Nobody said that buying games isn't the right way, Nick probably just thought it was abandoned.

Tom Henrik 04-05-2005 03:08 PM

Good. I would hope so.

Borodin 05-05-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@May 4 2005, 02:53 PM

Couldn't put it better. :ok:

The current time is 06:21 AM (GMT)