Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Religion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3164)

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:16 AM

All religions have beliefs in common, but Christianity is just an offroot of Judaeism. I dont know why so many people are mean to the jewish (not that you are)

I geuss you are right about it not making a difference. I just wish people could be more accepting of other religions.

ReamusLQ 17-02-2005 12:18 AM

Yeah, I do to. Heck, one of the basic beliefs of Mormons (me) is this. "We claim the aprivilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the bdictates of our own cconscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them dworship how, where, or what they may."

xcom freak 17-02-2005 12:19 AM

The difference between judaism and christianity :

Christian's savior already came
Jew's savior didn't come yet

At the beginning they were all waiting for there savior (they were all jews)when the christ camea majority beleived him to be THE savior while others kept waiting(they stayed jewish)

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:20 AM

The gospels were not written by the people whose names are on them! And, translating means anyone with an agenda can change their interperetation of the written work.

ReamusLQ 17-02-2005 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by xcom freak@Feb 16 2005, 05:19 PM
The difference between judaism and christianity :

Christian's savior already came
Jew's savior didn't come yet

At the beginning they were all waiting for there savior (they were all jews)when the christ camea majority beleived him to be THE savior while others kept waiting(they stayed jewish)

exactly. The now "christians" followed Jesus' new teachings as well as the ones from the old testament, while the Jews kept doing what they always did.

xcom freak 17-02-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yobor+Feb 17 2005, 01:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yobor @ Feb 17 2005, 01:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xcom freak@Feb 17 2005, 01:06 AM
NO ONE BELEIVES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY JUST LEARN FROM IT!!!!!1
PS: u thought the christ was white coz usaw it on TV how mature!

A: That was totally mean and cruel to Jewish people

Edit: I apologize for item B. It has been removed. [/b][/quote]
sorry Didn't mean to

Even judaism dont beleive in the old testament coz some stories cant be real they just respect it like christians do

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by xcom freak@Feb 17 2005, 01:19 AM
when the christ camea majority beleived him to be THE savior while others kept waiting(they stayed jewish)
Christianity as a full blown religion did not start until many years after the death of Christ. Most people did not convert from Judaeism at that time. Only a few (eg the apostles) even believed Jesus as the savior.

ReamusLQ 17-02-2005 12:23 AM

hmmm...The Gospel of Mark was written by the Apostle Mark, translate by I don't know who. Matthew was written by the apostle Matthew, as was John written by the apostle John. Luke was the only one NOT an apostle, but he followed I believe it was Paul (maybe Peter, can't remember) and wrote down his experiences. So I guess Luke is the only one you could really say that about.

And Xcom Freak, which stories in the Old Testament could not be true?

Edit: @ Yobor...and all those he healed...and all those the apostles baptized (Paul baptized 3,000 after one sermon) and the multitudes he fed (loaves and fishes ring a bell?) and the thousands they would convert at a time?

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by xcom freak@Feb 17 2005, 01:21 AM
Even judaism dont beleive in the old testament coz some stories cant be real they just respect it like christians do
Many (or at least some) people also treat many of the stories in the new testament as just lesson-teaching 'fables' (not to be mean). Some of the stories in both testaments are blatantly false (like the flood or genesis)

ReamusLQ 17-02-2005 12:27 AM

ooo you say the flood to be false now? Did you know that archaelogists have hit layers of the earth, where they are convinced that long ago the entire earth was covered in water? And Genesis...well, I could go into that...but like I said, I don't want to make this a bible study class where I lecture on Genesis and such.

The current time is 06:14 AM (GMT)