Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old News (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Abandonia Competition #5 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16692)

shinsaku 09-03-2008 08:06 PM

Congratulations!

Congratulations to the winners! Good job!

This was a pretty interesting challenge. I listened to quite a number of songs and *knew* that I had heard them before, but it was so difficult to pin them down. I ended up with something like seven or eight clear positives (and didn't participate due to that low number). But now that I've read the solution, I should've recognized twice the number. I was somewhat surprised that I couldn't recognize (9)-Pirates!, given that this game used to be one of my favourites. Then again, the soundtrack does sound a bit different on a PC speaker... :)

Anyway, great competition!

marko river 10-03-2008 12:14 AM

Great competition, congratulations to the winners, good job to all competitors.

I wouldn't really bothered playing some competition, but i always loved good music including games, so this one hit the spot. When first heard the tunes i thought i wouldn't score more than 10, so i'm satisfied with result, especially because not having sound card back in the mid '90es. One can always do better but can always do worse :)

There is one thing i didn't like: the range of years was '90-'99. I mean, Quake 2 in abandonia competiton... Oh common, this was supposed to be for old games :P Not to mention that i still play mostly old games, don't really bother with new ones ;)

Thanks to Kosta, i heard some old lovely tunes and some new ones for me. Also, Colonization really hit me, since i played this with sound ONLY ONCE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, and that was at my neighboor's on Amiga... I remember i didn't even care what was he doing in the game, i just listened to the music and completely forgot about it later. And i played Colonization a lot but with no sound. Man, i could actually spend my entire life and miss this tunes completely :D

Great stuff, love game music :)

The Fifth Horseman 19-03-2008 01:19 PM

My DS just came in. Lovely little thing :)

marko river 19-03-2008 04:30 PM

Argh, you lucky devil :)

bobson 20-03-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 321545)
My DS just came in. Lovely little thing :)

Don't talk about it in public! Our government will come and make You pay tax! They need money to pay all these striking people :p

The Fifth Horseman 20-03-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Our government will come and make You pay tax!
The number of boobytraps I installed on my land is certain to discourage even the most determined tax-collector. :D
And then there's cats. Make that, attack cats. :P

Dave 20-03-2008 04:29 PM

Photo please...let us drool in silence.

Thexder 03-05-2008 01:18 AM

Mine too!

And my DS came in too. Kosta sent it to a friend of mine eons ago, and such friend finally came to visit us here in Brazil. Pity we do not have WiFi anywhere near us... :( But it is lovely indeed. :)

Romano 03-05-2008 07:39 AM

Finally! I was wondering what happened, not to DS, but to you :)
Everything is fine. Great!

Thexder 07-05-2008 12:00 AM

Oh, thanks for the nice comment. I am still lurking as usual, and wondering if I should throw a competition and give away a couple of my old PC games -- you know, those that nobody buys on Ebay, not even for $0.01.... :) Anybody wants my copy of Final Fantasy VII?

Just kidding, of course. :cheesy: The games I want to get rid of are more like Crusaders of Might and Magic, Hyperblade, and Interstate 76 Nitro Riders...

The current time is 04:04 AM (GMT)