Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Have You Ever Been Screwed By Strangers Over The Internet? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=13347)

Tulac 01-02-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

summarized in one word (like 'computer stuff')[/b]
*hands the self owned award*

Hunter Hunted 01-02-2007 09:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(win98 @ Feb 1 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]277564[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I've had cr*p before. Lots of people have. In 2004 when I first got into message boards I got banned from one called winworld because I was new back then and had a problem in which I had a fight through pm with an admin who started giving me **** just bceause I was being really active and had heaps of topic ideas. Only problem was it got classed as spam because one day I made about 10 new topics which all had good reasons like. "What version of windows do you run?" So anyway when the re did the fourms I came back with one other guy who was getting dissed with me in 2006 You know what they did? even though him and be were being sensabile they started to diss us even mroe so it made them look like noobs not us. Anyway for members of my fourm I think I figured out that one of the spammers might have been an admin from that fourm one of the ones from during last year. Well im done with it and after I was banned in late 2004, I read some of the topics on that fourm and it had turned into a hell hole after lots oif arguments over crap that I never bothered following up on to see what it stared from even though there were links gallore. Thats why they started afresh. I won't post a link as it was asite that gave away free copys of abandonwware windows version which in the end I worked out was warez. (Back then I did not know what it was and learnt in 2005 because of here)
Anyway Abandonia has one of the best ever communitys compared to some other fourms. Don't let me rant about how last year I got banned from a runescape fourm after not completting a trade after a guy I killed in the wilderness in Runescape set me up along with the rest of the gang I was in.
[/b]
Themed forums are like that. Usually the admins view themselves as the experts and are above it all. Generic replies about the subject of choice have usually been covered before and sometimes admins tend to get a bit aggitated if new members do not pick up the idea quickly enough.

It's a harsh reality, but that's the way it goes. Besides, if you believe you're right, you probably are. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, so if they banned you for unintentional spamming, then to hell with them. They're obviously just running the website to plug their stuff, and usually forums are just some sort of a front for much needed criticism. It's how they get their traffic.

Playbahnosh 01-02-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Another thing - this P3nguin character is still not banned, am I right? What are you guys waiting for?[/b]
Why ban him now? We spent a great deal of time and effort to make him realize his faults and help him, and now we should ban him? no, that would be totally bad idea. If we ban him now, all that effort would be in vain... I think we should give him a chance and wait what happens. Besides, he did not do anything that bad to deliberatly earn a ban. Yeah, he whined a lot, posted some questionable links n stuff, but other people got away with more, so I don't see the point...

Hunter Hunted 01-02-2007 09:51 PM

Maybe close this, but don't delete it.

Titan 02-02-2007 01:43 AM

*closed on request from topic-starter*

The current time is 08:31 AM (GMT)