Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Music, Art, Movies (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Music Software (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3836)

Himmler 03-02-2006 11:32 PM

cool edit pro is the best..for me..

Mighty Midget 09-06-2006 04:49 PM

CakeWalk 9 Pro. For audio recording and editing, it's very user friendly once you get the basics right. Tons of directx effects available on the Internet makes it very fun to work with. Drawback: The drum sounds like anything but drums, handclap sounds pretty much like an Oric-1 (was that right?) sfx. That is not a good thing. But for scetching a new song, it's great to work with. Also, it can co-work with Sound Forge.

troop18546 09-06-2006 05:57 PM

I could say:
E-Jay,
Virtual DJ3.
Combine that with Audacity and I think it's decent.

E-Magination 27-07-2006 03:00 PM

My gear is:
Audacity + cheap mic
Buzz
Modplug Tracker
I had hydrogen too, but it was too unstable. Very nice program tough.

Geuss what? Everything is free (except the mic) and Open source! (cept Buzz and the mic)

Cloudy 10-08-2006 07:24 PM

I use Adobe Audition to record all my stuff. I play guitar, bass, and sing on the songs. And I also use drum programming and some electronic effects from a program called Computer Muzys, which is a decent sequencer program that comes free with Computer Music magazine.

Now.. all I need to do is learn to play better and sing better! :P

Nigga 30-10-2006 07:31 PM

As far as I'm concerned the best guess for a half-amateur (before he gets enough money to become a REAL professional :) ) is the following:

1. ImageLine FL Studio Producer Edition (at least fifth version)
2. SonicFoundry Sound Forge
3. SonicFoundry Acid
4. A good mic (not very expensive but not very cheap) with a long wire (or radio-mic).
5. A good sound-isolated room.
6. THE MAIN THING - GOOD BRAINS (meaning they're not too lazy and quite smart ;) ).

Also, depending on your wishes, you should have a friend who plays a guitar, a flute, a xylophone, and so on :)
That's in case you want to add some REALLY acoustic samples to your music.

That's even over than enough to create music tracks of a very high quality which can be used as demos (before a good producer notices you and throws you up into the starry sky ;) )!

...oh! And of course your computer must be equipped with good-enough HARDWARE in order to give you proper abilities to achieve proper results! ;)

Cloudy 31-10-2006 08:56 AM

Stuff I'm working with just now:

Recording: Ardour

Midi Sequencing: Rosegarden

Drum Machine: Hydrogen

That's my main stuff, It gets all linked together using JACK Audio Connection Kit.

I still don't have a great soundcard or guitar or anything though, haha.

Himmler 31-10-2006 10:26 AM

i also have cubase sx3 but didn't find time to learn what it can do

Nigga 31-10-2006 03:01 PM

:guitar: :music:
He-he! I guess that lack of time is the main problem of many people like us (I mean who doesn't earn money for their music and hence has to earn them in some other way and hence doesn't have much spare time) ;)

At least for me... that freakin' lack of time just KILLS me! :wallbash: :crybaby: :ranting:

Cloudy 31-10-2006 06:16 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadowlord Shearer @ Oct 31 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]264602[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

:guitar: :music:
He-he! I guess that lack of time is the main problem of many people like us (I mean who doesn't earn money for their music and hence has to earn them in some other way and hence doesn't have much spare time) ;)

At least for me... that freakin' lack of time just KILLS me! :wallbash: :crybaby: :ranting:
[/b]
Yeah, that's my main problem. I'm a university student so I have almost no spare time just now. Other than coming on here for 5 minute spells when I get sick of writing essays, etc.

The current time is 08:08 PM (GMT)