Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Extraterrestrial Artifacts Discovered in Siberia (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16434)

dosraider 07-01-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane (Post 315665)
But where do we find gasoline for the chainsaw? :)

You're not updated pumpkin, ourdays:
Cordless electric chainsaws on battery packs.
:p

Mighty Midget 07-01-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane (Post 315665)
But where do we find gasoline for the chainsaw? :)

If Bruce Campbell could get gasoline, then... No wait. Bruce's the Man! Sorry, never mind.

Tervez 07-01-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japofran (Post 315610)
Anyway the universe would die in that way only if it expands indefinitely, the other mentioned possibility that it should start to contract back some day would mean that it would be eventually reborn with another big bang.

This too is covered on the site. And yes, the site is aimed to be more entertaining than scientific, but there's still some very interesting ideas there. I never thought of mankind going extinct by food.

And to anyone else:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...z/Stopthat.jpg

_r.u.s.s. 07-01-2008 02:00 PM

if you read the first post, this thread is meant to be silly :P

Mighty Midget 07-01-2008 02:02 PM

There is nothing silly about armageddon, or aliens... well, yes, there is, but that's not the point! Oh, who am I trying to fool? This whole thread is ludicrous, and is meant to be.

Dave 07-01-2008 04:21 PM

Scatty was serious, wasn't he? :)

GTX2GvO 07-01-2008 04:56 PM

OMG!! :eek: They're starting to know....

I must hurry gathering all the info and report pronto....
The bosses aren't gonna like this.

OMG!! *Damn Humans :mad: *

Scatty 08-01-2008 03:13 AM

Well pretty much every reply in this thread is showing how interested we all are in this kind of stuff, aren't we. As long as we take it as a joke, more would be just too much to handle.
It wasn't meant to be end up that silly, but alas I seem to have posted about it in the wrong forum. Now guess who was the first to start with the spam and nonsense.

Tervez 08-01-2008 03:02 PM

Ok, this topic did get silly, but it isn't all that bad. I personally find it to be funny. Anyway, back to the subject:

What really are the odds of mankind ever finding a single trace of extraterrestrial life during it's whole existence? I'd say you would more likely win a lottery three times in a row, without even buing a ticket, than find something like that.

Mighty Midget 09-01-2008 01:25 AM

Well, if I'm gonna be serious for a moment: As of now, we have no way to deciding the odds. Our sun is rather young, there are far older stars out there. We know for a fact our solar system is not the only solar system in the universe. Chances there won't be a huge number of planets out there suitable for life as we might recognize it, are slim. Add lifeforms that makes no sense by our standards, and you'll have to be pretty egosentric to reject the possibility of advanced lifeforms out there.
If there are advanced lifeforms out there, thinking and reasoning, developing tools and a culture will probably be next to certain. Tools and culture are evolutionary wise very clever moves, and there is no reason to believe lifeforms elsewhere are excepted from some sort of universal Darwinism. I'd say, if there are lifeforms out there, they are probably older, and most certainly have developed both tools and culture, if these lifeforms have the ability to manipulate their environment. If all this is true, I'd expect them to have some sort of science and technology at some level (stone axes or spacecrafts? No way to tell and it's not really interesting).
Ok, let's assume there are lifeforms out there with tools, culture, technology and science. Will that necessarily mean they will drop by for tea and biscuits? Chances of that are next to non-existent. Why? Because the nearest star is so goddamn far away (space is actually waaaaay bigger than your garden), and as far as we know, there is no way anyone can conveniently transport themselves over these distances in a reasonable amount of time. Wormholes and warped space, you say? We don't know if that offers any solutions in the real, practical world. So far, it's only theory, as is most of what I have written in this post.

The current time is 07:59 PM (GMT)