Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Abandonia D&d Game (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7767)

Nikson 26-10-2005 08:10 PM

I just realised both half-giants and alaghii are large creatures.
Since pen and paper D&D is played on maps with a 5ft. square grid, large creatures (taking up 2x2 squares) wouldn't fit in small passages or corridors that a normal sized character would.
They can also be attacked slightly easier, since they take up more space.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just making you aware of some details you might not be aware of. Hell, I'd be happy to have a game with a large character in it! You could give smaller characters piggyback rides :D

I'm serious.

EDIT:
Quote:

Directly from Dark Sun rules at athas.org/releases/ds3/

" Level Adjustment +1: Half-Giants are more powerful than the other races of the Tablelands and gain levels accordingly. A half-giant is a two Hit Die monster and may be played without class levels as the equivalent of a third level character"

Now, his stats have actually been lowered to fit my father's DM specs, and his hps were not rolled for a second level player, but a 1st level fighter, plus his race bonus. Of course, I can always go and be a mul instead heh.

Could you post the new stats, Including AC and HP? It should be good enough.

blastradius14 26-10-2005 08:13 PM

Well, they might fit, but not easily :bleh:

And yes I am ok with these situations. I play pen and paper with my dad whenever I can hehe.

Sure, make a wooden basket backpack and I can haul people around LOL

Lonely Vazdru 26-10-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nikson@Oct 26 2005, 10:10 PM
They can also be attacked slightly easier, since they take up more space.
Yup. But they have an increased attack range which is way cool for attacks of opportunity. :ok:

Nikson 26-10-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by blastradius14@Oct 27 2005, 06:13 AM
Well, they might fit, but not easily :bleh:

And yes I am ok with these situations. I play pen and paper with my dad whenever I can hehe.

Sure, make a wooden basket backpack and I can haul people around* LOL

No really, you wouldn't fit in 5ft corridors :P
This pic is taken from the D&D Players Handbook. You're the green guy with the root in his hand :ok:
But you could definitely carry someone on your shoulders :P

EDIT:
Quote:

Yup. But they have an increased attack range which is way cool for attacks of opportunity.
Correct :D C'mon Lonely Vazdru, you know the game, join the fun!

blastradius14 26-10-2005 08:27 PM

The category of large goes from 9 and a half feet to 18 feet. LOL a 9' tall giant like myself can crawl through a 5' passageway... just like hobbits can lay flat and crawl through a 1' hole...

Nikson 26-10-2005 08:31 PM

That's true:)
However it would still count as squeezing through a space, which will give you -4 to attack and -4 to AC if a fight breaks out in that passageway...

Lonely Vazdru 26-10-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nikson@Oct 26 2005, 10:23 PM
C'mon Lonely Vazdru, you know the game, join the fun!
I do. That's why i won't join. :D
Honestly i've mastered with these new rules for the whole year 2005, and i'm not really satisfied with them. They are really well thought and close to perfection, BUT i think they considerably slow the game. So i stopped playing in real life. I think over the net it will be even worse. But i'll keep an eye on the thread. :ph34r:

Watching you guys make fools of yourselves. :bleh: :tomato:

blastradius14 26-10-2005 08:34 PM

Well yeah, but I'm not the leader of the party. Someone's gonna go in there first hehe. Rogues are best, to disarm traps so that nobody sets them off, including a big stupid oaf like me hehe.

Nikson 26-10-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru+Oct 27 2005, 06:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lonely Vazdru @ Oct 27 2005, 06:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nikson@Oct 26 2005, 10:23 PM
C'mon Lonely Vazdru, you know the game, join the fun!
I do. That's why i won't join. :D
Honestly i've mastered with these new rules for the whole year 2005, and i'm not really satisfied with them. They are really well thought and close to perfection, BUT i think they considerably slow the game. So i stopped playing in real life. I think over the net it will be even worse. But i'll keep an eye on the thread. :ph34r:

Watching you guys make fools of yourselves. :bleh: :tomato: [/b][/quote]
Bah. Classic case of "I 0wnz too much to play with n00bs" :bleh:
It's your choice :D

blastradius14 26-10-2005 08:43 PM

He doesn't want to play because of time zone reasons LOL.

You want me to forge a brand new Half-giant? Should I use the Dark Sun's bonuses? :sneaky:

The current time is 06:16 AM (GMT)