Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Australia (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3852)

TheSmyth 18-03-2005 06:33 AM

The games censorship in the UK isn't really a problem. You can slap an 18 certificate on pretty much anything and sell it anywhere.
The only rubbish things we get are political.... Like in Hitman: Contracts, the original release had one of the levels set in a temple or something, and a couple of people complained so much, that they re-released it with a completely different level.

Isn't it true in Germany though, that you're not allowed to sell war games? Especially ww1 / ww2 stuff... i.e. Medal of Honour, call of duty etc..??

N17R0 18-03-2005 12:36 PM

I think Germany really hates it when that topic is brought up because they typically portray them as the bad guys in those games.

troop18546 18-03-2005 02:27 PM

To all those dopes around all the world who want games to be banned:
F************************CK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEYRE JUST GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Thank you for your time... :whistle:

Stroggy 18-03-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N17R0@Mar 18 2005, 01:36 PM
I think Germany really hates it when that topic is brought up because they typically portray them as the bad guys in those games.
which, in real life, they weren't. Right?

DonCorleone 18-03-2005 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheSmyth@Mar 18 2005, 07:33 AM

Isn't it true in Germany though, that you're not allowed to sell war games? Especially ww1 / ww2 stuff... i.e. Medal of Honour, call of duty etc..??

Oh, the games are sold here in Germany. But the question is how. Most of these games suffer from censorship. e.g. they take symbols of nacism out of games like castle Wolfenstein although you canīt buy it if you arenīt 18.
But this happens to nearly all games that contain explicit violence. Not only games that are about ww1 or 2.

troop18546 18-03-2005 02:42 PM

Well, the war happened so who should give a damn about it? :blink:
Germany was in war with Hitler and it was guilty, so why censor the truth? :angry:
Plus, Russia is as guilty in the war as Germany, by doing a pact and enslaving countries too. So why make them the good guys? :angry:
The only "allies" or good guys I see are England, France and USA.
Russia must return the countires their freedom! :angry:
I still dont understand why it was left unpunished. :ranting:

Lizard 18-03-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Plus, Russia is as guilty in the war as Germany, by doing a pact and enslaving countries too. So why make them the good guys?*
The only "allies" or good guys I see are England, France and USA.

You are quite naive.There was nothing as "good guys" in World wars. Also :ot:

Here in slovakia I didnt saw any problems with censors.All games are sold here uncersored,gory and with all their violence, etc,etc... :twisted:
You must just wait few weeks/months/years longer then other countries... :whistle:

DeathDude 18-03-2005 03:31 PM

Yeah cause usually the process of a game is Japan or NA then Europe.

troop18546 18-03-2005 03:32 PM

Reffering to lizard:
:whistle: Well, the was sort of a discussion about that but nevermind.
No games should be banned, except for stupidity or if they are crap...

TaloN 18-03-2005 03:54 PM

the "allies" are jsut as fault for world war 2, a) for not storpping and B) for things like the dresden bombing's etc.

RIP fallen soldiers.

The current time is 08:23 PM (GMT)