Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Baldur's Gate with Ranger/Cleric (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28628)

twillight 21-05-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 442565)
It's not because we don't reply we don't like to read about your adventures.

I know, I always check the viewer-counter. It is just to hold on Abanodnia's policy. The posts grew really large I confess.

Some monir detail on the paladin:
I did carry through a lot of equipment, but I thought, hey, it's not necessary, and maybe it gives more fun, and definitly more respect, so I threw away them unused. Although just in case I kept (in stash) the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, and a Ring of Fire Protection. I'm hesitatnt about the Cloak of Balduran though...

Items bought:
- after Irenicus' Dungeon I barely had enough gold to buy the Glasses of Identification (and a Gem Bag).
- Then I scratched everything to get 2K gold to make fun of the Kobold (bought Staff or Guril Berries), then after Lilarcord I could afford Azuredge.

Other:
My prophiciencies will be: two handed sword, two handed weapons, axe, flail, two weapon style. The rest is disposeable.

DarthHelmet86 21-05-2012 09:46 AM

Wow that is some unreadable text. Perhaps you would get more of the people who don't post to read this if they could in fact read it. Fluro blue does not work.

twillight 21-05-2012 10:11 PM

Ok, colour changed. Hope this'll work.

Items bought:- bought prot. from magic scroll to get the Horn of Valhalla
- bought magic licence
- payed for Bodhi
- bought shield of Balduran
- bought Helm of Vhailor
- bought Scroll of Protection from Petrification (1 is needed in the Planar Sphere when time comes)
- bought Ring of Energy (damn, I need fire damage to kill trolls, lol, and it don't deal that!)
- bought Defender of Easthaven

Tough battle:
- the Tanner
- Shadow Thives Guildhouse: in the middle of the fake street-square, where thives pop from nothing for ambush their leader is pretty buffed. Otherwise ok.

Other
- item definition error: the Sling of Everard can be used by Cavalier
- item definition error: the Amulet of Power can not be used by Paladin

Eagle of Fire 22-05-2012 12:07 AM

I don't see the difference in colour but I simply highlight all what you write so I can read it...

dosraider 22-05-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 442619)
I don't see the difference in colour but I simply highlight all what you write so I can read it...

Same here, djees twillight, why do you post in such shitty colors..??????
WHY ?
If you want to outline (is this correct?) comment versus gameplay text simply cursive non gameplay related text, or whatever.......
:palm:

yoga 22-05-2012 06:57 AM

Dear twillight,

i have no any trouble with your colors after the change.

I never seen so strict and deep analysis of the game.

Bravo!

:OK:

hunvagy 22-05-2012 08:15 AM

The Sling is not an error. Cavaliers can't use ANY kind of ranged weapons. Guess what the sling is.

And the amulet looks like it's for casters only.

DarthHelmet86 22-05-2012 08:18 AM

He said "can use" if it is a sling and they can use it when they shouldn't be able to then it really is an error. Unless he meant to say can't.

And that text is readable but only just, blue on this brown background just doesn't work when it is light, is there a reason it can't just be the normal text colour?

twillight 22-05-2012 08:38 AM

All slings are missile-weapons. The only "missile" weapon a cavalier should be able to use are the throwing axes, as they have melee function too. So the sling IS an error (probably the code simply refers to SLNG, and the forgot about the WA items).

PS: Ok, forget about colours. Will use italian for paladin and normal letters with bold "EDIT" for C/R.

PPS: woot, abandonia seems to work under Win7 + IE.

DarthHelmet86 22-05-2012 08:40 AM

Just put a title above the paragraph saying Paladin or C/R. No need to do anything else we can easily tell what you are talking about after that.

The current time is 02:07 PM (GMT)