Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Mêlée Island (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Abandonian-Exclusive Private Match in Team Fortress 2 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27654)

Jironobou 12-08-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreeze_lu (Post 432334)
ui know what it is, but the threadcreater didn't state correctly at what time it is :)
if the guys from america start at 1 AM, we can join, as it's 7AM (19h00) here in Europe ;)

i first mistyped my post, i edited it afterwards

-.-

I suppose it didn't occur to you that the reason everyone is giving their times related to the GMT is so we can decide a suitable time for everyone to get on, right?

DarthHelmet86 12-08-2011 11:25 AM

This is something that I would love to join in on but I can't be sure I will be able to.

I am at GMT +8 and would love to get into it just keep me updated when it will be and I will confirm if I can't or can then.

Expack2 14-08-2011 02:10 PM

PLEASE NOTE: Thanks to Phreeze_lu, we no longer need for a server host.

I've come to the unfortunate decision that I will be unable to host the server for the Abandonian-Exclusive TF2 Private Match. If someone is interested in hosting the server, please PM me so I can provide you with the files and instructions you need to do so. Note that while it's possible to run a TF2 server on Linux (in this case, ignore the OS requirements), I have very little experience with Linux, so you'd be pretty much on your own.

Here are the approximate system requirements necessary to host a 24-person server:
  • Windows XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista, or Windows 7
  • A 1.1Ghz Intel processor or equivalent
  • 512MB of memory
  • 960 Kilobits/second (kb/s) upload speed
  • At least 6GB of free hard drive space
If you want to play Team Fortress 2 on the same computer you're using as the dedicated server, these are the approximate system requirements:
  • 3.5GHz Intel processor or equivalent
  • 1GB of memory
  • DSL/Broadband (1 Gigabit/second download, 1.2 Megabits/second upload)
  • At least 6GB of free hard drive space (not including free space required to install Team Fortress 2)
If you're not sure about your computer's system specs, and you're not using Windows Vista or Windows 7, I recommend you use CPUID. Also, note that 1 byte equals 8 bits; therefore, a 960 kilobits/second upload speed is the same as a 120 kilobyte/second (kB/s) upload speed.

Lulu_Jane 14-08-2011 04:23 PM

This makes me make a sad face.

Hopefully we can find a lovely out there who can help make this happen :)

Panthro 14-08-2011 07:01 PM

I'm also sad, I hope someone else can help out.

I'd like to, but I don't have a good enough internet connection to host, let alone host and play.

I've been trying to get back some of my multiplayer skills by playing a bit of TF2, FA:S and CS:S, but ten years worth of rust is hard to shake off!

We could always find a public server that's quiet and have a few friendly attempts before a private server can be found.

Perhaps start an Abandonia clan? (if there isn't one already that I don't know about)

Expack2 14-08-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthro (Post 432480)
We could always find a public server that's quiet and have a few friendly attempts before a private server can be found.

That could work! I think I'll use that as a last resort (which should be by the end of this week).

Quote:

Perhaps start an Abandonia clan? (if there isn't one already that I don't know about)
Wish I had the time, but I don't... :(

Jironobou 15-08-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expack2 (Post 432470)
Here are the approximate system requirements necessary to host a 24-person server:
  • A 1.1Ghz Intel processor or equivalent
  • 512MB of memory
  • 960 Kilobits/second (kb/s) upload speed
  • At least 6GB of free hard drive space

everything except the upload speed is over the top... I've apparently got about a 700-800 Kb/s upload speed

Also, there is an Abandonia Steam Page...

DarthHelmet86 16-08-2011 10:04 AM

Servers take a lot more power then just running the game and even more if you plan on playing the game over the top of them.

Expack2 16-08-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 432549)
Servers take a lot more power then just running the game and even more if you plan on playing the game over the top of them.

Most Source games are an exception to this rule, as evidenced by this rather excellent guide to hosting a server for a Source-based game.

TheChosen 16-08-2011 03:51 PM

Please, no public servers. I was looking forward to a private match, not just a another rounds casual game.

The current time is 03:15 AM (GMT)