Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   On site (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Stars (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=245)

Kingwood 08-07-2005 02:11 PM

Thereīs a site that has Stars! available for downlad, fully functional, no key required. Took me ages to find it, but itīs possible. If it really is Abandonware, Iīll post the link here. Somebody needs to tell me though.

Cheers

[Edit: The site is gone. I just went and checked. Sorry.]

lgonggr 08-07-2005 04:32 PM

Bummer, I played Stars! ages ago, and loved it. The minefields could be a little excessive tough. Sadly I don't have it anymore. If it's freeware and you can get it I really recommend you put it on your site. I'd volunteer for reviewing it.

Eagle of Fire 08-07-2005 06:40 PM

Stars! is not abandonware.

efthimios 08-07-2005 08:52 PM

Is cricium (sp?) still around? I thought that after failing to find a publisher for the sequel they went bankrupt or something.

MrBackAlleySka 07-10-2005 06:46 PM

Hey guys. This isn't a request, but more of a question. The 4x game Stars!, is it abandonware/freeware? A site has it now for download, when before they had a buy it link. I will NOT link to the site, nor say which site it is, for I don't wanna accidentally link to oldwarez. However has there been something recentely that has turned this wonderful game to abandon? Or is this site mistaken?

mouse31e 07-10-2005 07:12 PM

Though there is a download still at HOTU, you can no longer find the serial codes on the forum because the game can still be purchased here.

So sorry, not abandoned at all, HOTU have made a mistake and I expect they will remove their download soon (but it doesn't work anyway because they have removed the serial codes).

Shame. It's a quality game. :cry:

MrBackAlleySka 07-10-2005 09:29 PM

ahhh I see. ^^ I didn't actually download the game, so I didn't know about the serial codes being removed from the game. Thanks mouse.

You know mouse, it's been a while since ive seen you! Where you been?

Yorae 07-04-2007 10:27 PM

I've looked at links on these forums and HOTUDs, everywere i look says its no longer sold now i was wondering if anyone could confirm this and if its true upload the game somewere with serial.

I Beg you. :kosta:

Luchsen 08-04-2007 04:14 PM

The official statement is at the bottom of the Empire Interactive Support. Never seen a publisher that admits discontinuation of support on an extensive user-friendly (except the length without index) support site. :blink:

Eagle of Fire 08-04-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Q: I would like to buy a copy of the game.

A: This software is no longer available from our store as the item has now been delisted and we do not support,produce or distribute the software anymore.[/b]
Hey, that would be great! Stars! is one of the best 4X games ever created for PC. It would be a great addition to the site or AR. :)

The current time is 01:23 AM (GMT)