Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Alien Legacy (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=24084)

DeadSomething 06-07-2010 03:53 PM

can someone add some lines on how to setup your dosbox?
i found the intro (at startup until menu) run better on 10000 cycles and are lagging when using 20000 cycles.
which are your most stable settings?

_r.u.s.s. 08-07-2010 03:45 PM

try typing
core dynamic
cycles max

DeadSomething 27-07-2010 11:51 PM

after all i found some good settings.
can someone explain me which factor builds life-support-cells?

Geezer 28-07-2010 12:29 AM

Why did the manual for Alien Legacy never get added? There were a couple to choose from.

Palocles 28-07-2010 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadSomething (Post 410327)
after all i found some good settings.
can someone explain me which factor builds life-support-cells?

Habitats make Life Support.

Paco 28-07-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 410334)
Why did the manual for Alien Legacy never get added? There were a couple to choose from.

Well, i did upload it, but it wont show on Site. A Bug that only STD can fix. :sucks:nothing i can do, sorry. :cry:

Inquisitor 03-08-2010 07:12 AM

beats modern titles

Wow, that game is amazing. I stumbled upon it last week and my last weekend was gone! The principle of the game is something new to me, the combination of build-up-strategy, adventure und space-battle elements makes this quite entertaining. Although the long exploring missions on the moons and planets tend to get a bit boring after some time. But I think this is a good example, that a good game doesn't need mind-blowing graphics. Recently I was often disappointed of modern games, which looked really great but lacked a congruent storyline or fresh ideas in game design or gameplay.
I have played it till the battle phase now and I must say I find it quite tough. I already lost about 15 ships to the aliens and can't find the right technology. My research adviser told me to search on the surface of Planet Prometheus for a crashed alien-ship, but I can't find it on the given coordinates. Has somebody an idea why that is?

Harleqwyn 03-09-2010 09:43 AM

Found this game after needing a Starflight/StarCon2/Space sci-fi fix. So far the mix of plot, exploration and colonization is fairly engrossing, although the interface could have been better with all the micromanagement required. Spoilers ahead...

I have started facing the Empiant threat. It seems the threat doesn't appear until Gamma1 roars to life. This has worked out well for me in the following way. I avoided destroying pylons because I trusted my science advisor more. I thought the mutagen would remove the biota threat, but it didn't. Later I got the muffler, but it triggered Gamma1 off. So I have been surviving by shooting the biota myself, which was bloody tedious. Luckily I got the bomb next, so muffling+bombing Gamma1 took care of that.

At this point I have a small stockpile of missiles, a few armour and laser upgrades, and about 60 ships. I reached this point by not dealing with Gamma1 until I had the bomb. But, it looks like the Empiants are vicious! By playing ahead on a dummy save I found that they are much less so if there are no humans on SSCronus. But eventually I need to build labs on SCronus, and then I can't avoid the attacks.

I think I can delay somemore and build more ships. But I find that when my ships are engaging the Empiants, the missile stock at the nearest colony disappears fast. This is a real pain when each ship can only carry one missile, and I need my ships to fight the buggers. Is there a way to transport missiles in bulk? Or am I doomed to losing many ships? Massing them off Cronus doesn't really help reduce losses.

BTW a small tip: send probe ships with human pilots to the Beta asteroids. Cost me 10 ships to learn this the hard way...

Harleqwyn 03-09-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inquisitor (Post 410825)
Wow, that game is amazing. I stumbled upon it last week and my last weekend was gone! The principle of the game is something new to me, the combination of build-up-strategy, adventure und space-battle elements makes this quite entertaining. Although the long exploring missions on the moons and planets tend to get a bit boring after some time. But I think this is a good example, that a good game doesn't need mind-blowing graphics. Recently I was often disappointed of modern games, which looked really great but lacked a congruent storyline or fresh ideas in game design or gameplay.
I have played it till the battle phase now and I must say I find it quite tough. I already lost about 15 ships to the aliens and can't find the right technology. My research adviser told me to search on the surface of Planet Prometheus for a crashed alien-ship, but I can't find it on the given coordinates. Has somebody an idea why that is?

Have you checked the sectors surrounding the one your advisor reported to you, using the artifact scanner on the mercator screen? How is your battle with the squids faring?

flameg0d 05-09-2010 04:19 AM

need help here

I played this game in Dosbox, but it crashed only when I nuke the gamma asteroid, any suggestion how to fix it?

I've tried on the game other ways to finish the game but gamma ast still have to be blown up to pieces, so I think the problem lies in my Dosbox

The current time is 06:41 PM (GMT)