Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Civilization 2 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=130)

Omuletzu 27-04-2004 11:18 AM

I apologised for that once but if needed i will do so again...I don't know why the message appeared two times.I only clicked once the "submit" button.

Again i'm sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dream 13-05-2004 04:02 PM

Thank you costa, picard, and whoever is working on this site update's, Civ 2 is one of my favourite games, I played sequels, I played the first one but never this, I played Free civ so I was pretty sceptical (Freeciv sucks!) but now I love this game.

So a question for you: Are partisans ever useful?

The Niles 14-05-2004 06:58 AM

Partizans can be usefull. They can stop reinforcements from entering the city you just lost and they can also be used to soften up the defence of a city you are ready to retake. But don't keep them around after you have retaken the city since they are not as good as regular units.

LotharGR 09-07-2004 08:32 AM

Civ2 must be the most popular game on the site :P

Titan 09-07-2004 08:44 AM

Actualy, it's NOT..... yet atleast...
1. UFO - Enemy Unknown
2. SimCity 2000
3. Settlers 2 Gold
4. Civilization 2 <-

This is the top DOWNLOADS... but civ2 is growing the fastest, and WILL outrun nr 2 and 3..
But.. UFO has a HUGE lead on the others.. ;)

Lord Grave 18-09-2004 04:00 PM

Does this Gold version of Civilization 2 include the Scenarios expansion? There are some great scenarios at www.apolyton.net but the best of them require the expansion. If it is not included in the Gold version, does anyone know where it may be found for download?

Also, does anyone know where Test of Time and Call to Power may be found? For those who don't know, those two games are versions of Civilization that appeared just after Microprose went bankrupt(or whatever happened to them). Test of Time is graphically improved Civ2 but also features Fantasy and SF games in which you can lead different fantasy and SF civilizations, each with their own unique units and buildings. Fantasy version is great because it also has some minor quests, like freeing the princess from the dragon, and instead of building a spaceship you are building a giant siege engine to destroy the "evil guy". Call to Power has slightly better graphics than Test of Time and features improved combat and trade/piracy system and also has great scenarios with special events when you conquer certain cities or explore certain areas. I'd really like to play those games again but I lost/damaged my old CDs :-(

Eagle of Fire 22-09-2004 04:14 AM

Civilization II is only a pale copy of it's predecessor... Civ III is much better, tough a slight notch under Civilization. What is great in Civ III is not the concept or the gameplay, but all those interesting options added in that Civ II lacked and made it a very boring game. Take whatever you like about Civ II, and Civ III have it. And it has it better, and probably have more overall than Civ II.

Anyways, about the movies; they are great the first few times, but after that they are really bothersome. I don't understand why someone would want to see them all the time, really...

Rogue 12-11-2004 02:37 PM

Civ2 is really best in the series. Still remember long wait to get my copy, start to play it and then watch movies which were amazing at the time. There is a lot of stuff (scenarios, mods…) to load on CivFanatics web site. Worth checking it out, and this makes this game immortal. :ok:

Should we add this link to the review and download section?

Yamcha 12-11-2004 02:59 PM

Civilization 2 is the reason why i know abandonia.Civfanatics have made some patch to make a multiolayer version of civ2(or to update) but this wasn't working so I found here Civ 2.A great game :ok:

Rogue 12-11-2004 03:32 PM

I used these pathes to make TOT in to Civ2 Gold. (I had all other civilizations except Civ2 gold)

The current time is 10:30 PM (GMT)