Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Discworld Sound (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11897)

Guest 29-09-2006 11:29 AM

Sigh.. heh, have you executed setup when in DosBox? (not in windows). If the sounds work and you have the speech version, then try again until you find the right settings. It should work with the default values of sound blaster. You did choose soundblaster as your soundcard right?

Morrin 29-09-2006 11:30 AM

^ Damn! I just wrote message without logging in. I missed one post in the post counter! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

HappyGamer 29-09-2006 11:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Morrin")</div>
Quote:

^ Damn! I just wrote message without logging in. I missed one post in the post counter!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111[/b]
Don't worry man there will be more posts.

BTW, I have tried this under dos box and still no go on the sound music works great and this is not the talkie because I downloaded the game from here.

The Fifth Horseman 29-09-2006 02:01 PM

www.the-underdogs.info have got a talkie version, if you're interested.

Morrin 30-09-2006 11:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Sep 29 2006, 02:01 PM) [snapback]258160[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

www.the-underdogs.info have got a talkie version, if you're interested.
[/b]
That's why I tried to hint about it in sneaky way. Hehe. I wasn't quite sure if it was allowed to say it. Abandonia version doesn't have voice acting in it.

HappyGamer 30-09-2006 04:37 PM

Yes but because I have dial-up only I need to know how big the file is on the underdogs website. Also is there anyway to fix the sound music is great but no sound. know I posting the same question again but I would really appreacite any help about this minor annoyence you can give.

BTW, Morrin very clever in the way of hiding the webaddress in the sentece. I got it the first time I just hate going to the underdogs webpage because there is too many pop-ups. Anyway thanks everyone again for all the great help.

The Fifth Horseman 02-10-2006 11:36 AM

The archive on HOTU is pretty big, unfortunately. Somwhere about 140 MB.

Morrin 02-10-2006 12:38 PM

You could download it with public computer? I do it, and then crab to my usb memorystick. Very handy.

HappyGamer 02-10-2006 04:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Oct 2 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]258841[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

You could download it with public computer? I do it, and then crab to my usb memorystick. Very handy.
[/b]

I do not have thumb drive. Besides I would just like to get the sound to work on the copy that I got from here because that souds like an awful lot of work for one game. Great suggestion just too much work.

Morrin 03-10-2006 06:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyGamer @ Oct 2 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]258922[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Oct 2 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]258841[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

I do not have thumb drive. Besides I would just like to get the sound to work on the copy that I got from here because that souds like an awful lot of work for one game. Great suggestion just too much work.
[/b][/quote]

If you mean the sounds (talk) then it is impossible, because abandonia version is ripped and there is no sound files in it! So no sounds... well, no sounds. :D

Sorry, but only way to hear the talking is to get a version that is not ripped.

Usb memorysticks don't cost much nowadays. You can get 1gig drive for about 30euros.

The current time is 07:05 AM (GMT)