Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Future Wars - Time Travellers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1144)

kier_w2002 27-04-2006 04:39 AM

Hi, I'm concerned about the invisibility pill bug of the game...I really wish to carry on, since I'm so near to completing it! How do I get past this problem? This game is definitely no longer on sale here in Singapore. Anywhere I can download a patch or something?

Also, the part where you have to get past the inspector to board the plane to the council? After you get the inspector to watch the floating TV, notice that the lady at the counter alternates between putting make up and doing nothing (she's alert when she's doing nothing...strangely). You have to climb the escalator at the time she's putting on makeup!

Hopefully that explains the mystery of this part of the game :)

Mighty Midget 30-05-2006 05:08 PM

This is one gem that I played on my Amiga, it's also one of the game that really got to me because I couldn't leave the map/war room in the beginning. Well, not until several outbursts of joyable rage later. The game got me hooked like few others (the other were Ultima Underworld I, Monkey Island I and Frontier). I praise this site for allowing me to replay some of my greatest moments in adventure games! :brain:

Mighty Midget 30-05-2006 05:36 PM

SOUND ISSUE:

I have:
SB16 (ISA if that matters)
Win98se
P3 500 Mhz (rules out dos-box)
256 Mb RAM

Only sound option that doesn't crash the game is the ADLIB card option. It sounds like a broken TV-set that is, random, static noise.

Help MUCHO appreciated!

EDIT: Sorry for the double, but I wanted to keep this issue separated for quoting.

The Fifth Horseman 02-06-2006 01:20 PM

1. Try actual DOS - 6.22 or 7.1 are good bets. I remember having this kind of problem with a few DOS programs that I attempted to run in Windows.

2. Try a different soundcard. ESS 18xx are a good idea (ISA format, in case you wondered), pretty reliable and Sound Blaster/Adlib compatibile. IIRC, at least some were 16-bit - I know mine is.

Gumpy 16-06-2006 02:40 PM

:sos:
HELP! I NEED HELP!!!

The game keeps doing weird things when I try to get past the guards using the invisibilty pill...
Please don't tell me that all DOS copies of the game do this...

Also I noticed that the monks in the monastary run around the screen wildy when you step out into the wrong spot... (The game is not suppose to do that! I played the original Amiga version so I know)

:hairpull:

Gumpy 16-06-2006 10:12 PM

I just found out what was wrong...
The game on this site got messed up somehow and has bugs in it, so you can't win!

I downloaded the game from another site and it works fine!

I just completed it a few minutes ago!

I JUST STOPPED THE ALIENS, SAVED THE WORLD AND GOT THE PRETTY GIRL TOO! :brain:

Guest 17-06-2006 11:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gumpy @ Jun 16 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]237231[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The game on this site got messed up somehow and has bugs in it, so you can't win!

[/b]
What other site did you get the game from.

(invisibility pill bug stops me from finishing the game in version downloaded from this site)

Gumpy 18-06-2006 06:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 17 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]237392[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gumpy @ Jun 16 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]237231[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
What other site did you get the game from.

(invisibility pill bug stops me from finishing the game in version downloaded from this site)
[/b][/quote]

I contacted the people who run this site, and told them where I downloaded it, and they updated the file on this site.

So just re-download the game on this site, and you should be good to go! :ok:

Caio 13-07-2006 07:32 PM

When i open the game it asks for some color that should be in the back cover of the manual.
How can i know that?

The Fifth Horseman 14-07-2006 01:19 PM

The copy of the game you downloaded here should be already cracked. Just try pressing Enter.

The current time is 05:55 PM (GMT)