Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best game(s) ever? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1)

TonyG 01-02-2004 01:16 PM

hmmm the above post was me, damn Forum Logged me out!!

mika 01-02-2004 03:09 PM

E bas sam se zajebao ;)

Sure Kosta - I'll start playing and writing asap. Although there'll probably be more playing than writing! :shock:

Maybe I could even write about Eye of the beholder 1, 2 & 3? Also loved those...

Although I'm famous for taking my time (also known as procrastinating) so please be patient

Anonymous 02-02-2004 10:50 AM

My best games

I have to say that i love deadly games -jaged aliance but i also love racing games like cc3 and lamborginy

cosmogreen32 10-02-2004 09:47 PM

I noticed most of you mentioned Civilization and Ufo. Anyone remember North & South? Pretty bad graphics, even back then (I've never seen the Amiga version), but gameplay was really something.
And Whacky Wheels? There's another great multiplayer game. The race mode sucked, but the splitscreen duel was really furious. You had to collect ammunition, and often you would ran out of it in the middle of the chase and you would still run after your opponent so he wouldn't figure out he can shoot you whenever he pleases. And Scorched Earth (The mother of all games! :) ) ... I could talk about that one for hours.
My favorite games back then where all multiplayer games. I prefer other kinds of games now, but great games never become old.

Danny252 11-02-2004 03:49 PM

Try flying tigers 2.. thats cool..
rule 1 of DoSboxing... NEVER, EVER, listen to not compatible with win XP warnings...

Jwh D'Ar 16-02-2004 12:34 PM

Pirates!
Civilization
OMF 2097

P.S. I don't see Pirates! for download. Is this possible?

Prox 28-02-2004 07:36 PM

I'm a little more of a strategy guy so the abandonware games i like most are Civilization, Caesar, and of course DUNE 2, Dune 1 is great too, I finished it about 6 or 7 times, my curent record is 'bout 75 days. And the best adventure game ever is Star trek: the 25th anniversarry. :lol:

Icemant90 29-02-2004 01:37 PM

My top three:

1. StarCraft
2. CivNet
3. SimCity

Is StarCraft still copyrighted (is that a word?), because I would love to download it in a netcafe and play it :DI think the other 2 are abandonware, are they?

Omuletzu 07-03-2004 05:49 PM

Hey ice, simcity 2000 is available for download right here!

"Favorite oldies" wow, now there's a topic :mrgreen:

Strategy:
C&C
MOO(i think it's strategy but it might be some sort of simulation)
Heroes 1&2(these RULE)
Warcraft 1
Dune2
Civilisation

RPG:
Diablo I
Nox(it ain't that old but it's a damn good game and it deserves it's place)

Other great games:
X-com 1
X-com 2
Doom 2
Any tycoon :)
Street fighter 2
Warcraft 2
Centurion
The lost vikings

And the list could go on for ever :wink:

Ioncannon 07-03-2004 06:23 PM

My fave were

FPS: Duke3d, Wolfenstein3d, Doom 1, ROTT, Nitemare 3D
Strat: C&C and Sett2
Sim: Simcity 2000 and Chuck Yeagers Flight Combat
Misc: Jetpack, Monster Bash, Jill of the Jungle, Overkill.

The current time is 10:05 PM (GMT)