Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   PC Game BLOWOUT Sale!! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26186)

NukeWar 24-02-2011 10:42 AM

fuck me drunk, id be all over this if i didn't already own half of it. i think i'd rather die clutching at decreped game boxes than give it away. The one item i am after, (after losing my own copy in a fire round 94) is savage empire. I must have read the manual cover top cover dozens of times, i walked, talked, ate, slept & DREAMED that game for a solid year... but at $135 i'm afraid the reality of it may not live up to the memories... plus i think i'll need find a 3.25 inch floppy for it yes??

The Joe Man 24-02-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthro (Post 423494)
Look what I managed to pick up today!

It had arrived on the monday (when I was at work, unfortunately), but I went along to my local Royal Mail depot to receive it earlier this evening.

Many thanks!

Awesome; glad it arrived in good condition, and thanks again for the sale!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NukeWar (Post 423523)
fuck me drunk, id be all over this if i didn't already own half of it. i think i'd rather die clutching at decreped game boxes than give it away. The one item i am after, (after losing my own copy in a fire round 94) is savage empire. I must have read the manual cover top cover dozens of times, i walked, talked, ate, slept & DREAMED that game for a solid year... but at $135 i'm afraid the reality of it may not live up to the memories... plus i think i'll need find a 3.25 inch floppy for it yes??

The Empire....she beckons........
http://i54.tinypic.com/cuuec.jpg

I agree though, the game is amazing. As you can see from the pic, mine also includes the rare Clue Book, which is a fun read and has tons of content. This is probably the best condition copy you're going to find anywhere, so if you'd like to snag it, let me know where I'd be shipping to and I'll knock some off the price.

Edit: Oh, and if you don't have a floppy drive, no worries; I'll copy the disks onto a CD and include it in the box. Just drag/drop the folder onto your HD and run it with DOSBox.

NukeWar 25-02-2011 10:42 PM

Kzzzrrrk!?! :hypno: Some of my brain wiring must have just fried from that picture... pm sent, & yeah i'll need a cd burn cause i don't like my chances of getting a 5.5" floppy that works & connects to my new machine. Cheers.

The Joe Man 01-03-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NukeWar (Post 423620)
Kzzzrrrk!?! :hypno: Some of my brain wiring must have just fried from that picture... pm sent, & yeah i'll need a cd burn cause i don't like my chances of getting a 5.5" floppy that works & connects to my new machine. Cheers.

Heya, I packed it up today, and it'll ship out tomorrow. When packing it, I noticed that long ago I had made copies to 3.5 disks as well. So you'll have the original 5.25s, 3.5s, and the CD I just made today!

I'll PM you the Customs # tomorrow after it ships; thanks again!

Acethor 07-03-2011 06:06 PM

Can you ship to the Philippines? If so how big would the order have to be? (I know international shipping rates are steep).

The Joe Man 07-03-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acethor (Post 424204)
Can you ship to the Philippines? If so how big would the order have to be? (I know international shipping rates are steep).

Sure! Shipping will cost me $45 in the Medium Box (which will normally hold 3 big-box games or less, otherwise a Large Box would cost me $58 (which honestly doesn't hold much more than the Medium). I give pretty nice discounts on the total though, especially if the shipping price is hefty (like to the Philippines).

Feel free to PM me with what you'd like and I'll work with you on a fair price. The larger the order, the more of a discount I can give.

Acethor 08-03-2011 02:15 PM

Okay I have to give the list another look through but off the top of my head I'd like to order:

C&C - Tiberium Wars Limited Kane Edition
Dracula Trilogy (Resurrection, The Last Sanctuary, Path of the Dragon)
Chasm - The Rift

If you could please PM me details about the condition of these items
and also size of items/shipping/discount details that would be great.

The Joe Man 09-03-2011 12:17 AM

PM sent

NukeWar 09-03-2011 04:30 AM

WooHoo, got The Savage Empire today & am now drooling everywhere ;-)
Cheers for the discount!

The Joe Man 09-03-2011 04:34 AM

Current list on first page is still accurate: C&C - Tiberium Wars Limited Kane Edition, Dracula Trilogy (Resurrection, The Last Sanctuary, Path of the Dragon), and Chasm - The Rift are all still for sale and not on hold.

Abandonia community currently has first dibs on everything (other than slight competition from Amazon for the expensive stuff). Can't say how long that'll last (probably a month), but for now, it's all you guys. If you have your eye on something, might wanna snag it now before I start advertising to the other forums again.

Stating again: Willing to negotiate/discount on large and expensive orders.

EDIT:
Quote:

WooHoo, got The Savage Empire today & am now drooling everywhere ;-)
Cheers for the discount!
Awesome! Glad it arrived safely, and I hope it brings back some fun memories for ya. Thanks again for the sale!

The current time is 12:48 AM (GMT)