Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Weekly Poll: Which Game would you most like to see as a movie? Finished! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28353)

Eagle of Fire 06-02-2012 12:59 AM

None for me either. I don't like any of those choices enough to even think about turning it into a movie...

Fleabass666 06-02-2012 02:33 AM

Monkey Island: The pirate genre is still underexploited in the 7th art...

hunvagy 06-02-2012 05:56 AM

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis. Only to forget Kingdom of the Crystal Skull forever :p

RRS 06-02-2012 10:20 AM

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis... but 20 years ago :(

I'm not happy with the list... When I'm talking about stories/characters with movie potential, I'm thinking of titles such as Fallout, No One Lives Forever, Deus Ex, Transarctica... dumb Hollywood will never even consider these...

DarthHelmet86 06-02-2012 10:29 AM

If you aren't happy with the listed options, make up your own poll idea and post it in the poll ideas thread you might get it on site.

Tracker 06-02-2012 01:00 PM

The problem is, as it turns out, that we could run this poll for ages. Now that I think about it, I could have chosen better titles such as Half-Life and such... But as Darth said - everyone's free to make polls.

The Occupant 06-02-2012 04:08 PM

Of my choices, Samand Max got a short lived and quite good televison series, Monkey Island got Pirates of the Carrabean, so that leaves Loom. *shivver* That would be epic, in the true sense of the word.
A fantastic and rich world, I would love to see that as a good movie.

Abandon SKB 06-02-2012 07:37 PM

Loom produced and directed by Guillermo del Toro.

Sam and Max would be some lame CGI with bad overdubs.

Dave 06-02-2012 10:33 PM

I voted for the cinematographic Indiana Jones, mostly because it's easy to associate it to the other Indy movies.

I have to agree with RRS about the release date, 20 years ago with a younger Harrison Ford would have been the best.
But I guess I would appreciate it anyways :)

Japo 06-02-2012 11:34 PM

Well, nobody's forcing Ford to play Indiana again. I remember we talked here in these forums about who should be the next Indiana, even before the Crystal Skull was released. Someone said Dennis Quaid at the time, and I thought it was a good idea. I'm sure there are plenty of candidates. Ford is 70 effing years old.

Plenty of different actors have played 007 and it's not a bad thing, it doesn't really get in the way of people identifying the character. From seeing the Crystal Skull, I'm not sure if the producers might be thinking about having Indiana retire in the fiction and have the character what's-his-name played by Shia what's-his-name be his successor. At any rate that movie was a flop.

I don't want movies about the adventures of Indiana's younger successor, I want Indiana. I do want the Indiana franchise to be dragged on forever just like 007, what's wrong about that? Surely everybody wants more Indiana movies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Occupant (Post 439378)
Monkey Island got Pirates of the Caribbean

What, how is that even a sentence with meaning, or did you just put some words together at random?

The current time is 02:59 PM (GMT)