Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LucasArt is not more ESA! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17212)

Sebatianos 19-05-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 326334)
What about Indy's Desktop Adventures?

Had a quick look, and couldn't find it for sale. So is it abadoned?
And Maniac Mansion?

Well, let's take it slowly. All those game packs have to be checked, because if a game is sold as a part of the pack it still is for sale (and those classic archives usually included Maniac Mansion) just like later packs included Yoda Stories and Indy's Desktop Adventures.

The Fifth Horseman 19-05-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Abandonia had serious problems with Lucas Arts, they directly told us to not offer their games for download...not sure if we can allow the download now.
They are no more ESA protected but this doesn't mean that their games aren't protected anymore.
Of course, we'll have to be careful about that.

red_avatar 19-05-2008 04:14 PM

Lucas Arts has always been very very very VERY strict about protecting its property.

Some 10 years ago (well, 9), PC GAMER UK (magazine for the uninitiated) had an issue about the new Phantom Menace game (that was before the movie was released). Now, the editor, James Flynn, receives strict terms before he's allowed to print ANYTHING related to Star Wars. Yes, even though the magazine was basically giving free publicity, he still had to sign a contract. And one of those things in the contract states that every magazine sold with any content directly referring to Star Wars or any of its content HAS to have a notice ON THE FRONT of the magazine stating Lucas Arts (c) etc.

Now, this one issue I mentioned, he forgot to add this copyright line. Result? They had to print 75.000 stickers with the line and spent two days sticking them to all magazines before they were allowed to be sent to subscribers and news agents.

So yeah, Lucas Arts are hard asses.

BranjoHello 19-05-2008 05:05 PM

This is great news, but something smells bed here if you ask me. (Hard Ass)Publishers are leaving ESA and maybe they are planing to invent some new shity organisation for protection of their software...conspiracy is everywhere! :unsure:

_r.u.s.s. 19-05-2008 05:08 PM

lol you should stop watching zeitgeist and lose change movies

Geezer 19-05-2008 05:51 PM

I just can't see Lucas Arts changing their stance on anything just because they left the ESA. I smell trouble if you turn even their non-sold games on for download. You had better get the OK from Studentis before you try anything like that. They seem to be the vulnerable party here. Would hate to see them shut down Abandonia rather than deal with a pending lawsuit.

Hatsen 19-05-2008 05:57 PM

Good news! :D
I really hate ESA, they took me into downloading.. THE FIRST COMMAND & CONQUER (when it was completely free) it took me a day to explain everything out.

_r.u.s.s. 19-05-2008 06:10 PM

wait, what? you explained somethign to ESA?

red_avatar 19-05-2008 06:23 PM

I think he meant to say that he got caught by ESA for downloading a game ?

_r.u.s.s. 19-05-2008 06:24 PM

yes. and i meant, wait what?

The current time is 04:16 AM (GMT)