Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Religion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3164)

The Duck Sick 25-02-2005 08:02 AM

rather then basing my religion on something un-attainable i desided to refer to people as gods when they do something (or many things) that touch my outlook on life personally

hence. Bradly nowell is god
shannon hoon is god

Lizard 25-02-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mentor@Feb 25 2005, 01:26 AM
Oh, boo-fekkin-hoo. I sure hope nobody gets offended.

Man, if anyone's offended by ANY conversation they just need to lighten the fek up.

For example, I hate Christians in general. Some have redeemed themselves, but anyone who's a self-proclaimed Christian automatically goes down about ten notches in my book. They're mostly sheep and idiots who blindly follow whatever their Holy book tells them, and many don't even do that, they just listen to their local pastor. And they use the book as evidence when it's so obviously a work of hash-induced fiction it's insane.

How's THAT for offensive?

Hey easy!Live and let live.Myself I dont like christian very much too,but I have nothing against single Christians.I dont like that religion becouse it was responsible in many bloodsheds in Europe and becouse many of its ideas were stolen from other,older Religions.

Yobor 25-02-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mentor@Feb 25 2005, 12:26 AM

Man, if anyone's offended by ANY conversation they just need to lighten the fek up.

For example, I hate Christians in general. Some have redeemed themselves, but anyone who's a self-proclaimed Christian automatically goes down about ten notches in my book. They're mostly sheep and idiots who blindly follow whatever their Holy book tells them, and many don't even do that, they just listen to their local pastor. And they use the book as evidence when it's so obviously a work of hash-induced fiction it's insane.

Hey Hey!
No need to shove it their faces all at once :D
When Christians talk about being 'lambs' they mean that the human race are the 'flock' of god, and that we need direction. This probably is a way to keep people in the religion without thinking, but it is a nice way of doing it :ok:

Anyone who can control hordes of people is ok in my book, even if it is by fanatical devotion to a god/gods of some sort.

Btw, I got a new religious based Avatar :D

Fruit Pie Jones 25-02-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mentor@Feb 24 2005, 06:26 PM
For example, I hate Christians in general. Some have redeemed themselves, but anyone who's a self-proclaimed Christian automatically goes down about ten notches in my book.
Well, that's ironic. I reserve my deepest dislike for those who automatically hate any particular type of person right off the bat. Especially since these are usually the same people who love to get together in their little mutual-admiration groups and discuss how "open-minded" they are. I won't say I "hate" these people; it's more a feeling of pity. I'd like to ask them a couple of questions, however: First and foremost would be, "Does Mom know you're on the Internet again?" If they can well and truly answer yes to that one, then they get the second question: "Is it acceptable in your mind for someone to say, 'For example, I hate [blacks/whites/Asians/Jews/etc.] in general?'" If they can well and truly answer yes to that one, they are no longer worth talking to - maybe someday they will get the chance to make themselves useful as fertilizer or possibly Soylent Green. If, however, they respond to the second question in the negative, I just walk away, shaking my head and muttering something about these kids today and their internally inconsistent philosophies.

xcom freak 25-02-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mentor@Feb 25 2005, 12:26 AM

Mentor u are a Prick!and there goes my warn level but i know its worth it!

Y should i respect your stupid sayings and lighten the feck up and u shouldn't respect my caracter and not be offending?

Tom Henrik 25-02-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones+Feb 25 2005, 04:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fruit Pie Jones @ Feb 25 2005, 04:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mentor@Feb 24 2005, 06:26 PM
For example, I hate Christians in general. Some have redeemed themselves, but anyone who's a self-proclaimed Christian automatically goes down about ten notches in my book.
Well, that's ironic. I reserve my deepest dislike for those who automatically hate any particular type of person right off the bat. Especially since these are usually the same people who love to get together in their little mutual-admiration groups and discuss how "open-minded" they are. I won't say I "hate" these people; it's more a feeling of pity. I'd like to ask them a couple of questions, however: First and foremost would be, "Does Mom know you're on the Internet again?" If they can well and truly answer yes to that one, then they get the second question: "Is it acceptable in your mind for someone to say, 'For example, I hate [blacks/whites/Asians/Jews/etc.] in general?'" If they can well and truly answer yes to that one, they are no longer worth talking to - maybe someday they will get the chance to make themselves useful as fertilizer or possibly Soylent Green. If, however, they respond to the second question in the negative, I just walk away, shaking my head and muttering something about these kids today and their internally inconsistent philosophies. [/b][/quote]
Fruit Pie Jones
You are my hero!

:kosta:

And Tai's hero as well!

:kosta: :kosta:

Yobor 25-02-2005 05:05 PM

I agree. No matter what kind of people, a lot of them are good and a lot of them are bad. 'Hate' is a two-edged sword. Some times you will be correct and justified in your hate, but saying that just because of those times you should hate everyone all the time is fairly stupid. All throughout this forum I have posted a very Atheist point of view. But most of my closest friends are of one Christian denomination is another. Just because they believe something I think is false does not make them bad people.

Edit: I am adding the Rotating heart for fun.

Sebatianos 25-02-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mentor@Feb 25 2005, 02:26 AM

Now that's really way too much.

You'll find me among the first people to be critical of the Christian church and very likely to try and find counter arguments for their arguments, but I have respect for every single human being. I might get in a flaming discusion from time to time - when two opinions crash, but HATE people on principal or insluting them... That's :sick: .
I see you might be old enough to have your own life, so maybe not everything Fruit Pie Jones said would be ture in your case, but the only thing you showed is, that you are in fact close minded, which really made me change my opinion about you (you have otherwise made some fairly good posts).
I can understand your need to rebel and an established religion would be one of the likely targets to rebel against, but this isn't rebeling, it just insolting, so you might apeare stronger.

@Xcom Freak: You could have used some different expression, but I hope you don't get a warn, because this proverbial shoe fits!

xcom freak 25-02-2005 05:39 PM

:tnx: sebastianos (if sebastianos and i agree that means mentor is SO wrong :D )
.got a little carried away back there .
u have morals against christianity and u did disapprove of what he said.
i have christians morals u could only imagine how my reactions would be.

Mentor if u think that i am narrow minded for reacting like that well maybe....but not as much as someone who would write something like that.

einherjar 25-02-2005 07:51 PM

I bet Mentor and Darken didn't get warned for their comments. I've been warned for things far less insulting.

The current time is 11:10 AM (GMT)