Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Command & Conquer (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1994)

SupSuper 20-10-2005 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by laiocfar@Oct 20 2005, 04:03 AM
I didnīt like C/C toomuch but played it like insane, anyway, EA has done good strategy games, i liked Shogun and their eaīs coppies like Medieval or Rome
The question isn't if it'll be a good strategy game, but rather if it'll be a good C&C game. Generals was a good strategy game. However there was hardly any connection to C&C: not in the story, not in the gameplay, not in the interface, etc. In the end it just had "C&C" for marketing purposes.

In C&C the key was always speed, you didn't have any upgrades or anything, you had a constant sidebar on the right to quickly deploy buildings and units and didn't need any special commands to capture buildings, everything was straightforward. That's what makes it different from other strategy games. Generals is a different, slower game, like Age of Empires or some such.

laiocfar 21-10-2005 12:10 AM

Quote:

In C&C the key was always speed, you didn't have any upgrades or anything, you had a constant sidebar on the right to quickly deploy buildings and units and didn't need any special commands to capture buildings, everything was straightforward.
......if they do something similar to the Total War series (shogun and others)..... nope, not a goood C&C game but maybe a nice game :bleh:

skittles04 21-10-2005 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by laiocfar@Oct 21 2005, 12:10 AM
Quote:

In C&C the key was always speed, you didn't have any upgrades or anything, you had a constant sidebar on the right to quickly deploy buildings and units and didn't need any special commands to capture buildings, everything was straightforward.
......if they do something similar to the Total War series (shogun and others)..... nope, not a goood C&C game but maybe a nice game :bleh:

LOL even tho C&C had its cons its pros outway them a million to one ... yes the acting was pathetic and the graphics for its time were second rate .... but still it was a good game ... im tryin to build the whole c&c collection and then wen i get my p4 built i am gunna install the whole lot ... just for the hell of it ... i have god only knows how many c&c desk top themes not to mention the action figures they sell now ..... LOL any spear chance i got wen i finnished paying bills and $**t i always go on ebay and buy some c&c collectables.

laiocfar 27-10-2005 11:28 AM

No ebay no, if u canīt pay they take a piece of fleash from u and they keep your soul too! :twisted:

Blood-Pigggy 27-10-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by skittles04+Oct 20 2005, 09:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skittles04 @ Oct 20 2005, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-laiocfar@Oct 21 2005, 12:10 AM
Quote:

LOL even tho C&C had its cons its pros outway them a million to one ... yes the acting was pathetic and the graphics for its time were second rate .... but still it was a good game ... im tryin to build the whole c&c collection and then wen i get my p4 built i am gunna install the whole lot ... just for the hell of it ... i have god only knows how many c&c desk top themes not to mention the action figures they sell now ..... LOL any spear chance i got wen i finnished paying bills and $**t i always go on ebay and buy some c&c collectables. [/b][/quote]
I actually think the Total War games are several times better than the C&C games (especially Rome) but that's what I think.

P.S. Graphics for it's time second-rate? Are you insane? C&C had great graphics for it's age.

Nyerguds 18-12-2005 10:18 AM

Well, compared to Warcraft 2 they DID miss out on SVGA...

Why isn't this page linked to its info page anymore?! :cry:

Quote:

Originally posted by laiocfar@Oct 20 2005, 04:03 AM
I didnīt like C/C toomuch but played it like insane, anyway, EA has done good strategy games, i liked Shogun and their eaīs coppies like Medieval or Rome
Get this in your head dammit... C&C is NOT, I repeat, NOT an EA game. It's made by WESTWOOD :ranting:

SupSuper 18-12-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nyerguds@Dec 18 2005, 11:18 AM
Well, compared to Warcraft 2 they DID miss out on SVGA...
The Gold version featured SVGA graphics.

Nyerguds 07-01-2006 07:43 AM

That one was made after Red Alert. In '95,when C&C was released, it DID miss SVGA.

And why isn't this topic linked to the game info? :(

Tom Henrik 07-01-2006 02:38 PM

Good question. No idea, but will look into it. :ok:

gufu1992 07-01-2006 07:06 PM

The good:
Awesome intro's and movies between missions
Nothing but agresion(though you still got harvey's)
(C&C and TS only)-Interesting lifeforms such as vesceroids
Interesting side's
Easy to MOD
Good music

The bad:
graphics aren't very well made
Generals aren't real C&C game!

The current time is 02:36 PM (GMT)