Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Scary,gorey,violent,atmospheric....horror Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3851)

Maikel 17-03-2005 05:31 PM

Scary?

Undying!

Made me climb in the curtains where doom 3 failed :D

Undying, Thief series, Phantasmagoria had some sick stuff in it to.

for the weirdness factor I would say American mcgee's Alice

Tom Henrik 17-03-2005 05:51 PM

Silent Hill series.

Tulac 17-03-2005 05:52 PM

Undying certainly, Silent Hill, hmm I can't think of any other, most games don't scare me too much, but when I was younger even Doom was scary for me.
Gory - that would be Postal...

troop18546 17-03-2005 06:02 PM

Another good game of gore and horror + scary and grotesquism is:
"The Suffering".

Mad-E-Fact 17-03-2005 06:03 PM

I have to agree on Undying, it really had some scary moments, especially when it was new and you didn't know what to expect. Silent Hill was rather depressing than scary, I couldn't take it for too long. ;) Don't know which part I played it though...

Lizard 17-03-2005 06:31 PM

Silent Hill series :kosta: ,System Shock 2,AvP2(only as marine) AvP1(the best and scariest multiplayer ever :ph34r: ).Never played Undying but it look interesting,maybe try it sometimes LOL

Tom Henrik 17-03-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lizard@Mar 17 2005, 07:31 PM
Silent Hill series :kosta: ,System Shock 2,AvP2(only as marine) AvP1(the best and scariest multiplayer ever :ph34r: ).
I can only play that game as Marine. They say it is the most difficult race to play, but for me I found it to be a lot better. (Guess I am used to being human, and using human marine tactics. Glad to see I can put my military training to use :whistle: )

taikara 17-03-2005 07:36 PM

Any game in which it is dark, and things randomly jump at you from out of nowhere are scary as hell. Especially playing in the dark with surround sound OMG

Resident Evil nearly gave me a heart attack the first time I played it. Don't laugh, it was really scary back then :cry:

I get really jumpy with horror games :(

Sebatianos 17-03-2005 08:09 PM

Well there's always 11th Hour (and a scene or two in the 7th guest), but those aren't really that scary.
I don't know why exactly, but there's a game that really scared the **** out of me. It was an old text adventure with some basic graphics. The only thing I still remember is, that you had to take the pin out of a wheel and stick it into the mechanism at the castle bridge to lower it and then you entered the castle and got a fright!

Sean 17-03-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by taikara@Mar 17 2005, 08:36 PM
I get really jumpy with horror games :(
There the games im looking for!

I liked 5 Days but it was a bit actiony not really that scary... havent found anything like it and Yahtzee's P12 has no blood at all... i wonder if the betas all finished :ph34r:

The current time is 10:20 PM (GMT)