Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   General compatibility fixes (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Help running Lemmings games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17157)

IncognitoSOS 15-05-2008 02:20 PM

Oh, Almost forgot

All work fine except for All New World of Lemmings, which I got from Abandonia, no sound if I run it from the VGALEMMI.EXE file but if I run it using DosBox I get a No CD error. Any tips?

IncognitoSOS 15-05-2008 03:44 PM

Also,

got 3d Lemmings

runs under DosBox but incredibly slow

Perhaps its the CPU Rate (but how do I change that?)

Whenever I hit config it gives me this wierd error message

The Fifth Horseman 15-05-2008 05:22 PM

What is your hardware config? 3D games under DOSBox = very high CPU usage.

IncognitoSOS 15-05-2008 11:40 PM

My system hardware isn't to good.

Can you suggest another emultaor?

_r.u.s.s. 16-05-2008 08:28 AM

try VDMsound. i ll check the first question when i get home

The Fifth Horseman 16-05-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

My system hardware isn't to good.
Sorry, but this doesn't tell me jack. Please tell me what is your CPU and how much RAM do you have.
Quote:

Can you suggest another emultaor?
You can try VDMSound as _r.u.s.s. suggested, but be aware it trades compatibility for speed - some games may experience random crashes, while others might refuse to run altogether.

Quote:

All work fine except for All New World of Lemmings, which I got from Abandonia, no sound if I run it from the VGALEMMI.EXE file but if I run it using DosBox I get a No CD error. Any tips?
You couldn't get it from Abandonia, because we don't have a game of that name on the site. Where did you get it from?
I think I have an idea what might be causing the problem, but need to test it on the actual copy from the same source as yours to be sure.

Quote:

Whenever I hit config it gives me this wierd error message
You forgot the most important part. That being, WHAT error message is that? Exact text of the message, please.

IncognitoSOS 16-05-2008 02:21 PM

Sorry

It wasn't All New World Of Lemmings, it was Oh No More LEmmings, and I got it from DosGamesONline, but I just got the Abandonia version and it works fine.

I have honestly no clue as to my RAM or CPU.

And finally the message I get (it is not an error message as I first supposed is)

Config Tool:
Use -writeconf filename to write the current config
Use -writeland filename to write the current language strings

THanks

The Fifth Horseman 16-05-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

I have honestly no clue as to my RAM or CPU.
Go to your Desktop, right-click on "My Computer"and select "properties". It's all there.

Quote:

And finally the message I get (it is not an error message as I first supposed is)

Config Tool:
Use -writeconf filename to write the current config
Use -writeland filename to write the current language strings
Sounds like you tried to edit the config from within DOSBox.
To modify your config, you need to edit Dosbox.conf in the directory you installed DOSBox to, and then start the emulator (changes made to the config file while DOSBox is running won't have any effect).

BTW, if you have a version of DOSBox older than 0.70, update it. It's a fact that 0.70 is near twice as fast as its immediate precedessor.

IncognitoSOS 18-05-2008 12:03 AM

No. NO

I've got Dos Box 0.73, and I've got a ATI Radeon 9600, so the graphics shouldn't be a problem.
I haven't tried VDM Sound yet, odes it work like Dos Box (I.E. cd filename, etc.)

THanks for the help by the way

IncognitoSOS

The Fifth Horseman 18-05-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

I've got Dos Box 0.73, and I've got a ATI Radeon 9600, so the graphics shouldn't be a problem.
And there you're wrong. See, DOSBox emulates a complete DOS PC including a graphics card. The graphics processing is all done by the emulator - and hence produces load on your CPU and not graphics card.

Quote:

I haven't tried VDM Sound yet, odes it work like Dos Box (I.E. cd filename, etc.)
Not quite. You can run it through the Windows' command line or from the context menu after right-clicking an executable.

It's a little easier to use, but like I said - easier doesn't always mean better.

The current time is 03:06 PM (GMT)