Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Red Baron (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1300)

Makabi 14-12-2004 08:42 AM

that would be great sheek, here's hoping someone will come along and help you get it uploaded. :D

cheesegrater 29-12-2004 01:11 AM

Whats the best way to control the plane? With mouse the plane doesn't climb well, but with keyboard the plane doesn't roll well. Too bad there are no sensitivity settings. :(

chickend 30-12-2004 05:30 AM

this game is one of the classics. great game. flying maneuvers and dogfights are realistic only problem is graphics ofcourse, because it was suppose to run on slower pcs. one of the best in its time. i lost my original cd and im happy to download it on the net again. my original cd has also the addictive A10 tank killer. 'restart mission' option (of the downloadable version) i think is missing and the networking capabilities are gone.

cheesegrater 31-12-2004 05:30 PM

I'm able to restard missions and I downloaded it. :) For 1990 I think the graphics are great, at least the graphics around the aero-dromes. Is there a map I can see while flying because I got no idea where I'm going. Also, when will they give me a new plane? I hate the Eindecker.

MasterGrazzt 20-01-2005 02:58 AM

Hah, I remember I had this when I was a kid, and once I had to do a report on Billy Bishop. (really damn good pilot, and Canadian too) So when I was done I relieved my anger at having to do such a long report by blowing Bishop out of the sky in Red Baron.

LOL

cheesegrater 20-01-2005 03:59 AM

Brilliant! I think I got the hang of the game, however, ballon busting missions are the toughest because of flak. I hate flakkk!!!

Whenever I fly with aces in my squadron - they die!!! At the end of the war the only ace left was Luther von Richtofen because everyone else died while flying with me.

Guest 10-02-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sheek@Nov 21 2004, 11:00 PM
I remember there was talk about an updated Red Baron which would have multi-player capability and the potential for dog-fights of up to fifty planes. Anybody heard about this or did they give up?

:Titan:

Sierra made an updated redbaron in 98, red baron 3D. It's pretty fun...don't know if you can still get it though. It had muultiplayer.

Baron von Brownstain 16-02-2005 02:20 AM

Howdy all,
I've read all that you've written in review of this game and I really want to download it and play it but I'm hopeless at this computer stuff. How do I download it? I know that it's basic stuff but I've never done it before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all.
MAK

trouble_star 24-03-2005 11:45 PM

Red Baron I (256 color Version) is a excellent World War One Dogfight Game! I always like to play it anytime! :D

I only know it can run on XP, but the sound is not good. It may be the sound card problem. So, I like to play it with speaker, and it only play with keyboard. Anyway, I still like it very much. LOL really low-end! :bleh:

Trouble Star.

Guest 17-04-2005 02:35 AM

best flight sim ever made

The current time is 07:08 AM (GMT)