Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lands of Lore - The Throne of Chaos (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4308)

bazbazbaz 08-04-2005 02:38 PM

A first rate game. Never played lands of lore 2 or 3 however. How do they compare to Lands1? Could abandonia get them?

FreeFreddy 08-04-2005 02:39 PM

Lands of Lore 2 - Guardians of Destiny is great, I think. At least I enjoyed it, too. Epic story and very cool music, especially in the later stages of the game. But the game consists of 4 CD's - I doubt it will make its way here, even if it's abandoned already, which could be wrong yet.

Omuletzu 08-04-2005 02:43 PM

As i understand it, Lands of Lore 2 was made only for windows.... so it should be inferior to the first part, but i could be wrong

Mad-E-Fact 08-04-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strobe@Apr 8 2005, 04:24 PM
most of the screenshots were taken by omuletzu...
Actually, they were not. Give credit where it's due. ;)

Anyway, glad the game has finally made it to the site!

Strobe 08-04-2005 03:15 PM

sorry mad-e-fact, but other than the screenshots i've taken myself i found the
rest in omuletzu's incoming folder, so i couldn't help assuming that he'd done
these, you know?

if they should be yours, i apologize for this misunderstanding and hereby
set the facts straight! :D

as for the lands of lore sequels, i've played the second part (guardians of destiny)
a long time ago, but somehow it didn't manage to convince me...

Omuletzu 08-04-2005 03:22 PM

Great job mad e fact!
Those are not my screens, strobe, i was shocked to find them in my ftp folder, but they were not taken by me
So :ok: :ok: mad e fact!

Mad-E-Fact 08-04-2005 03:26 PM

Probably just as shocked as I was when Seb told me that he couldn't find them in my FTP folder, and he had no idea what happened to them. Very, very suspicious... :sneaky: At least now we know that they weren't lost. ;)

rallier 08-04-2005 04:09 PM

Unfortunately i cannot use DosBox due to limited CPU power (you know P3), so if anyone has managed to make it work on winXP tell me, I am so tired playing solitaire all the time :yawn:
New games need a lot of power, old games need either very slow pc or monster pc, I am somewhere between dead and alive :P hehehe where nothing is possible :ranting:

Flop 08-04-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rallier@Apr 8 2005, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately i cannot use DosBox due to limited CPU power (you know P3), so if anyone has managed to make it work on winXP tell me, I am so tired playing solitaire all the time :yawn:
New games need a lot of power, old games need either very slow pc or monster pc, I am somewhere between dead and alive :P hehehe where nothing is possible :ranting:

I'd suggest trying VDMSound. Ít doesn't drain nearly as much cpu power as Dosbox.

Strobe 08-04-2005 04:40 PM

unfortunately i have to tell you that on both, vdm and windows, i couldn't
manage to get the game working!

even though the intro scene and the hero selection are displayed as usual,
afterwards a black screen appears and won't vanish...

The current time is 09:23 AM (GMT)