Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ravenloft - Strahd's Possession (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27706)

Capo 30-08-2011 07:24 PM

Have you talked about that problem with your psychologist ? :wilco:

yoga 31-08-2011 06:03 PM

Ciao Caro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 433175)
Have you talked about that problem with your psychologist ? :wilco:

This bastard Capo.:hihihi:

Ha ha ha

DSmidgy 25-09-2011 09:27 AM

Patch

For those complaining about the bugs. I think the game is not patched. On this link you can find a 1.1 and 1.2 updates:
http://chtserv.dlh.net/cgi-bin/pat.c...ef=&sys=&cap=r

Unregistered Fim 19-11-2011 07:35 PM

Thanks for those patches. The game was really weird unpatched, no companion would carry over to the next map (which is fun since some are essential to have) and when I tried to recruit a female mage by the burgomeister, it gave me this huge bearded guy that disappeared on me earlier. The patch was much needed.

Only thing I am curious about now is how much more there is in the CD version. Matching it against an LP, I found one npc so far (the paladin, or rather, the barred empty house).

Also, damn the image verification, weird smudge of colours that it is.

byron45 13-01-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest Guest (Post 433136)
Thats cool that you can add pictures to Baldurs Gate. See, that's thinking about the players. Maybe I dont wanna play a hobbit pimp (you know the pic im talkin about), but the makers of Ravenloft thought otherwise I guess.
Its too bad though I stopped playing BG awhile back and gave it to someone else. Sometimes a small issue like bad player pics will stop me from playing a game, but with Baldurs Gate, I just plain didn't like the other adventurers in the party. LOL

Well, Strahd's Possession is 4 years older than Baldur's Gate and I don't know of any RPG that was able to import character portraits back then in the DOS era. I guess it was simply not yet possible in 1994.

guess who? 14-01-2012 05:12 AM

Not really... Quest for Glory series, Realms of Arkania series, Eye of the Beholder series, Ishar series, just to name a few... all support character import even before 1994.

DarthHelmet86 14-01-2012 07:51 AM

Not character import, character picture import. Two different things there.

The Fifth Horseman 14-01-2012 11:18 AM

Well, you probably could manage that by hacking the game's resource files. Just saying.

yoga 26-01-2012 04:14 PM

BUG is not problem for brave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered Fim (Post 436884)
Thanks for those patches. The game was really weird unpatched, no companion would carry over to the next map (which is fun since some are essential to have) and when I tried to recruit a female mage by the burgomeister, it gave me this huge bearded guy that disappeared on me earlier. The patch was much needed.

Only thing I am curious about now is how much more there is in the CD version. Matching it against an LP, I found one npc so far (the paladin, or rather, the barred empty house).

Also, damn the image verification, weird smudge of colours that it is.

:)
I finished the game even with the bug - No companion would carry over to the next map-.
Nice game, indeed!
I like it.

Jack O' Lantern 17-02-2012 01:35 AM

Ravenloft: CD Version Not Abandonware?

Hello all,

I do not have a full grasp of how the intellectual property situation works for abandonware when it comes to CDs, but why is the Strahd's Possession version here not the CD version? I owned the CD version years ago, but most anything I find online is a ripped copy anyway, so I'd rather get it here than pay for a ripped version on E-bay. I would imagine including an ISO would not be difficult, especially given DOS-box can read such images.

Just curious and trying to figure out how this all works -

Thanks,

Jack

The current time is 09:56 PM (GMT)