Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   People Around Here... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3117)

Tuttle 15-02-2005 12:14 PM

There's more to life than breeding. Would you feel the same way about someone who's infertile? Or a couple who chooses not to have children? Or if a gay person gets married and has kids just for appearances but then has same-sex affairs on the side, is that somehow a better thing? I think it's possible to provide a valuable contribution to society without necessarily increasing the population.

rainwife 15-02-2005 12:38 PM

True that sex was here only to produce new creatures, but nowadays sex has become such a big deal. If someone wants to have it, then go ahead. To me sex is still something very personal, like giving myself completely to the other person and yes, not only to have children.
@Freddy - When it comes down to having children. Two lesbians can have children - either they or one of them has a one night stander or females can get artificually pregnant. For males, that is an interly different story - they do not have that abbility. So, let's presume that a woman was straight. She was married, had a child or children, her husband left her and later in her life, she found a female friend and they were living together. Would you take the children away from their mother, just because she has found love in someone of her own gender? I wouldn't.
It is also true that people who are gay still got married with the opposite gender just because of the society, but lived a double life., so the marriage was only a pretence.

FreeFreddy 15-02-2005 02:36 PM

I know what you mean, there is many more cases behind that than what I said above. And I agree, too. But, you know, I feel somehow that gays or lesbians are not right. I think it's the inner voice. And I prefer to listen to it rather than ignore it. ;)
Couples that prefer not to have children is something different. They are still "normal", if a couple consists of a man and a woman. It isn't the need to increase the population. Rather the love for the same gender.

Sebatianos 15-02-2005 03:07 PM

I really feel I have to say this...

Nature is a complex thing. Many animals require sex in order to reproduce. But there is no way in the nature to force animals (and I count humans in this category as well) to have sex. So there was this urge, this need to have sex. Animals do it, because they get an orgasm! Even animals masturbate (and that's an orgasm that isn't producing children either - so no better/worse then sex with contraception, or sex among homosexuals). But the main goal of this urge is to have an intercourse (and as many times as possible, so as many offspring would be born).

But humans have become unnatural. Unlike other animals, humans started thinking and found out that SEX has the side effect - children, so the price for the pleasure of sex would be children! People are a specie that learned to control this (by abortion, contraception and homosexuality - just look at the ancient Greece).

But then again, humans are unnatural anyway!

Is it natural, to move your fingers on a small plastic thing and moments after someone accross the world will know your thoughts???

No, the natural communication would be something like this - make a noise and creatures that are in your near and able to hear the noise would have the chance to understand you - or not.

People have evolved from being animals, forced to do things simply because they have natural urges. And that goes in every way. So please, don't use nature as an argument against homosexuality. People are so unnatural in every single thing, that if you really wanted to become natural (but animals can be homosexual too) you can stop using your clothes, stop cooking food, stop heating your self up with fire,... In fact, you can just go at the zoo and you'll see how you'd live if you were a natural ANIMAL (which humans aren't any more).

ReamusLQ 15-02-2005 03:11 PM

Actually, I remember reading that aside from Humans, Dolphins are the only other animals that have sex for the pleasure and fun of it. Other than that, the animals do it strictly to spread their seed.

Sebatianos 15-02-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Feb 15 2005, 06:11 PM
Actually, I remember reading that aside from Humans, Dolphins are the only other animals that have sex for the pleasure and fun of it. Other than that, the animals do it strictly to spread their seed.
Sorr to say that, but dogs, bucks and cats masturbate... That's not meant for reproduction. True, they aren't haveing sex, but then again, they are acheiving orgasms. But please explain, how can dolphins have sex for fun? I hear that too, but what, do they stop before they reach the peak or what? Otherwise they would impregnate the f-male.
Oh and I've seen male dogs humping each other (that's not for reproduction either).

ReamusLQ 15-02-2005 03:16 PM

Male dogs humping eachother...well, dogs also hump chair legs because they are so horny. How do these animals masturbate? I thought they do it just to get into the mood/heat. It's a lot easier to nail the girl when you're already hard, than having to pin her down and wait for it :sneaky:

wormpaul 15-02-2005 03:18 PM

Dammm....

All spamming here ???? :wall:

Fawfulhasfury 15-02-2005 03:20 PM

Gee, so many things I never wanted to know that I do know now.
Alright, my opinion.
#1:I am not gay, or bi-sexual.
#2:I do not hate gays , lesbians, or bi-sexual.
#3:I feel it is wrong to hate someone just because of their desicions and lifestyle.
#4:I have had friends who r gay or bi and the way they have sex doesn't make me go, oh, no run, I have nothing against them just because of that.
#5:So, in short, gays and bi-sexuals aren't alien creatures or beasts, they are regular human beings trying to live their life the way they want.

EDIT: I've seen male dogs doing that too. I think Seb is right about that.

Tom Henrik 15-02-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rainwife@Feb 14 2005, 06:53 PM
@Tom - You look handsome, you are straight, you a medicine student - which cannot be a disadvantage with girls - so it is my opinion that at this time in your life you want to be alone, because you could have gotten a girlfriend by now if you wanted to :whistle:* [Seb greets you all very warmly :butcher: ]
Even if I wanted to find a girl, I have never had the time. I am constantly moving around the world.

Yes, I have choses to remain single, because I don't have the heart to leave a girl behind. (Which is what would happen to any girl I would've found). I can't bare to witness the below scenario happen to a girl I love, and so I am single.

:Tom: Hey, foxy lady, you lookin' awesome. Wanna hang?
:w00t: Oh Tom, you manly stud, yes... yes... YES!
:Tom: Cool, baby..

*Music starts playing (Marvin Gaye - Let's get it on)*

:Tom: These last two weeks were fun. Now I am moving to Trondheim. Cya.
:blink: But... but... why?
:Tom: I am accepted into a school there. Don't worry. I'll be back in 6 months. Take care.
:eeeeeh: That blows!

*Music starts playing (Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing)*

:Tom: Yo, girl! I'm back!
:w00t: Wheee!
:Tom: Now let's make the best of it. We have 1 week, then I move to Svalbard for a year, and after that I enroll in the military (up north... also a year). Oh yeah, and then I am moving to Spain to study medicine... and after that I'll probably live in Polland for.. oh... six years. See you later!
:cry: Oh poor me... left all alone...

*Music starts plarts playing (R.E.M. - Everybody hurts)*

The current time is 03:12 PM (GMT)