Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Discworld (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11475)

Gottfried 29-10-2006 09:23 AM

:brain: Thanx for Discworld, people :brain: Now i'm gonna be dead for everyone next few days...

Guest 29-10-2006 06:19 PM

Hey!, im missing the english.smp file! can someone please send me it? Ishould_have@read.the.rules

Pixie 29-10-2006 07:09 PM

The game keeps crashing after the dragon summoning ceremony. I know this has been discussed before but I was wondering if anyone had solved the problem successfully.

Sarah 19-11-2006 05:57 PM

<div align="center">i just downloaded it

and it wouldnt work

it jus wont unstall i really dunt ger it

n e ideas ??

e-mail removed

xxxxx
</div>

The Fifth Horseman 20-11-2006 10:56 AM

DosBox should be utilised.
<Lifeform> can assimilate DosBox under following location.

<Lifeform>s unfamiliar with DosBox should analyze the official DosBox FAQ.
Basic Setup and Installation is a Priority One starting location for that task.
DosBox installation includes file "README.TXT". Contents of the file should be assimilated by <lifeform> prior to any attempts of interaction with DosBox.

Guest 27-11-2006 01:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy @ Oct 18 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]261871[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supermum @ Sep 13 2006, 11:03 AM) [snapback]254749[/snapback]
Quote:

I've just had the same problem. the game crashes after the ceremony in act II on dos. the XP version doesnt, but sends me back to the intro.
does anybody have a save (right after the ceremony) that i could use?
thanks
[/b]

Yep I'm having this problem too. It goes back to the intro and then Ricewind wakes and gets up from bed and you are stuck -- can't move, can't save can't load... *sigh* kind of sad hey?
[/b][/quote]

I have exactly the same problem, and I'm running it on Windows XP. I can't skip the introduction movie, since my computers locks up completely, but if I wait until the movie has finished I can at least put the robe back in my inventory, but then I can't do anything more.
Is the game supposed to send you back to the beginning after the dragon ceremony?

Pixie 28-11-2006 06:14 PM

Since so many people have the same problem is it possible that this is a bug in the version for download? Has anyone downloaded the game and gotten past this section?

Was really enjoying the game up to this point.

Pixie 06-01-2007 11:44 AM

I saw Discworld II is abandonware now. Anyone know where it can be downloaded?

The Fifth Horseman 08-01-2007 09:42 AM

Underdogs.

Ax 17-01-2007 02:30 AM

After some hacking, I found the solution to the "missing english.smp"-problem in discworld (for those of us having downloaded the full talkie-version from underdogs/hotu):

When you run the unpack.bat-script, the error message is hidden from you. The problem is simple really: decode.exe can't be run under dosbox. It has to be run under a win32-environment. That's why some people have this problem, but for others it works splendid. So, just run the unpack.bat from an ordinary windows-installation, and you'll be fine.

The hotu-version also seems to be a patched version, and some of the bugs from previous versions has been removed (for instance the program changing catalogs after saving).

The current time is 09:38 PM (GMT)