Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Are You A Computer Addict? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3886)

Yobor 21-03-2005 07:56 PM

That is what I figured when I wrote it, Danny. :bleh:

TheVoid 21-03-2005 08:37 PM

I guess I'm not a computer addict...There're days in which I'd rather spend the whole day out, and those rainy and grey days when I'd enjoy passing the whole afternoon in front of it....it depends on my mood and on the context. But I don't suffer if I've got to stay without it for days/weeks, except maybe because of the cool people online - they're the main reason for me to use this old rusty grey box. :sneaky:

Danny252 21-03-2005 09:06 PM

-sigh- it is plainly obvious that pc's are my life force.

Morbid_Pathologist 21-03-2005 09:27 PM

id say i am a computer addict, let me think, at school i use it for about 3 hours, 2 of them playing games, the other 1 downloading stuff and pretending to make my website for I.T.

then when i get home i sit there from 4-6 playing games (mainly N - The Way of The Ninja) then from 7-12 i bludge again, watch tv till 1am (sometimes till 2) then play for another 2 hours....no...im not sleep depreived....at all.

lethe 22-03-2005 04:51 AM

I can stay away from computers for long without feeling like I'm missing something, so I'd say I'm not addicted...

BUT...
If I have nothing else to do (which is rare), I can (and will) spend a whole day in front of the computer and get totally isolated from everything else.

Yobor 22-03-2005 01:12 PM

One thing that I have noticed, is that if I play a certain game long enough, I am able to smell it. A few days later I will open the box and *whoosh* I can smell the game. When I got downstairs all I have to do is smell to know what game has been played. Maybe I am just special, or a freak LOL

Jim6 22-03-2005 03:48 PM

Well, over the summer, I played Doom3 all day, and went out that night. After a few, my friend's phone went off - it was set to evil laughter! I almost jumped under the table... :whistle:

Game-dreams are my favourites though - although when they happen, you know you've gone too far...

Yobor 22-03-2005 05:08 PM

Once I had a dream I could do bullet time like in Max Payne. *sigh* I love that game.

Game Phre|< 22-03-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by troop18546@Mar 19 2005, 12:44 PM
All teachers are MF+. :ranting:
Wow,

I disagree. One of my good friends is a math teacher and when he is not spending his (free)time building lesson plans to help students learn more effectivly he is downloading games and playing the crap outta them (yes he is a game addict).

On another note you guys are making my want to write my psychology essay on computer addiction.

Caged 22-03-2005 05:19 PM

I confess....I am a computer addict.

I use them at least 6 hrs every day of the week. My computer runs from 6 to 9 hours a day. i cannot help it. They provide a much needed source of rest and relaxation after 6 hrs of tortuous school work. I like them so much that I now wish to do nothing else in life except work on them either my repair, contruction, or use!

The current time is 10:01 AM (GMT)