Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Religion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3164)

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Feb 17 2005, 01:23 AM
hmmm...The Gospel of Mark was written by the Apostle Mark, translate by I don't know who.* Matthew was written by the apostle Matthew, as was John written by the apostle John.* Luke was the only one NOT an apostle, but he followed I believe it was Paul (maybe Peter, can't remember) and wrote down his experiences.* So I guess Luke is the only one you could really say that about.

Edit: @ Yobor...and all those he healed...and all those the apostles baptized (Paul baptized 3,000 after one sermon) and the multitudes he fed (loaves and fishes ring a bell?) and the thousands they would convert at a time?

Notice i said full-blown religion. (10000 people is still in cult-stage)

hfric 17-02-2005 12:28 AM

My religion is Jedi , so do you what to be a jedi write

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Feb 17 2005, 01:27 AM
ooo you say the flood to be false now? Did you know that archaelogists have hit layers of the earth, where they are convinced that long ago the entire earth was covered in water? And Genesis...well, I could go into that...but like I said, I don't want to make this a bible study class where I lecture on Genesis and such.
The flood has no supporting evidence. When scientists say the entire world was covered with water, they mean 5 billion years ago. They never found an ark, and do you realize the number of species the boat would have to carry? There are thousands of parasites and viruses that Noah and his family would have had to be carrying.

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hfric@Feb 17 2005, 01:28 AM
My religion is Jedi , so do you what to be a jedi write
Huh? :eeeeeh: :blink: :crazy: :sick:

ReamusLQ 17-02-2005 12:33 AM

Correction, I just went back to my stuff. Luke actually wrote down a lot of the accounts for the apostles, but they are not necessarily illiterate. Paul was a Pharisee originally, he was EXTREMELY educated. And John and them that were fisherman, they all had to go through Barmitzvah etc. so they HAD to be able to read (they were Jewish after all.) You have to remember, this was BEFORE the Dark Ages, so people were schooled in the synagogues etc.

Edit: I've gone over this with my sister (who has a PHD in Biology) Noah didn't NEED two of every lion, and of every tiger, etc. He just needed the ones that would OFF spring those. Example, Two tigers would suffice for almost the whole Feline kingdom. Two wolves, and you've got coyotes and dogs. Etc. Bacteria etc. those thrive in water, and are not destroyed.

xcom freak 17-02-2005 12:33 AM

Ancient testament----> adam and eve are the parents of humanity but they had
3 boys.
the story with king salomon and slicing the baby
the one where a man was thrown into a pit with lions
the guy with the long hair shamshoum
While others are true like david and goliath i learned in med school that david won coz goliath was recordly too tall for it to be normal so he had a whole vision range obscured by his pathology so he never saw david actualy hit him.

i am going to sleep
:bye:

ReamusLQ 17-02-2005 12:37 AM

Solomon never split the baby in two, he was testing to see who was the real mother (for the real mother would do anything to prevent her baby from being killed.)

What's fake about Daniel and the Lion's den. You say you believe in God Xcom Freak, therefore is it not possible that God shut the lion's mouths?

THe story of Samson and Delilah. I can't remember what Samson was, but his hair was a symbol of a covenant he made, and it gave him strength. When it was cut, the covenant was broken.

David and Goliath: It didn't matter that Goliath was so tall. David nailed him in the center of the forhead with a rock propelled from a sling. A sling can kill an animal, so someone skilled and that can throw a stone full force could easily crush the skull of someone.

Edit: As for Adam and Eve. They only TALK about those three boys. See, originally human genes must have been perfect. Some incest happened, more than likely, but it was commanded so <shrug> They were doing what they were told.

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Feb 17 2005, 01:33 AM
Correction, I just went back to my stuff. Luke actually wrote down a lot of the accounts for the apostles, but they are not necessarily illiterate. Paul was a Pharisee originally, he was EXTREMELY educated. And John and them that were fisherman, they all had to go through Barmitzvah etc. so they HAD to be able to read (they were Jewish after all.) You have to remember, this was BEFORE the Dark Ages, so people were schooled in the synagogues etc.

Edit: I've gone over this with my sister (who has a PHD in Biology) Noah didn't NEED two of every lion, and of every tiger, etc. He just needed the ones that would OFF spring those. Example, Two tigers would suffice for almost the whole Feline kingdom. Two wolves, and you've got coyotes and dogs. Etc. Bacteria etc. those thrive in water, and are not destroyed.

I concede about the Jewish read-write thing. Ill edit the other post.

Saying that he wouldn't need all of them is acknoledging evolution, and smallpox, and many of other diseases that only humans/primates get (AIDS) would have to be carried on the bodies of the people/apes. Mmmm?

Also, change from Tiger to panther to lion to many numerous is just not possible. That rapid evoulution rate couldn't happen in the amount of time available. The numerous species of feline and their varietes could not happen.

Also, how can you account for the wide-spread disrtibution of the animals? The ark still doesn't have enough space on it (there is a maximum length and width before warping) for all of the animals that still would need to be on the boat.

Yobor 17-02-2005 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Feb 17 2005, 01:37 AM
Edit: As for Adam and Eve. They only TALK about those three boys. See, originally human genes must have been perfect. Some incest happened, more than likely, but it was commanded so <shrug> They were doing what they were told.
Saying human genes were perfect also acknowledges evolution. The amount of change and diversion has to be immense to create so many people and kinds.

ReamusLQ 17-02-2005 12:47 AM

Did I never deny evolution? No. One can not deny evolution. It doesn't go against religion. There is evidence that evolution happens. And yes, if isolated, the species can split and evolve that fast.

The current time is 06:13 AM (GMT)