PDA

View Full Version : Abuse

#BlakhOle#
12-04-2006, 12:30 AM
I downloaded Abuse and i cant get it to work on dosbox(0.65) or just XP. I searched for this problem and a couple of people had it but i couldnt find an answer to the problem. I got a pic of how it looks here-http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9714/dosbox0006rb.png
Please help coz i read the reviews of this game and they say its really good.

Icewolf
12-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Now this is weird. :blink:
For I absolutely sure that you properly unzipped the game, this error message doesn't help much.
I think there's a windows version of abuse and I could think of a place where to get it... I guess I'm not allowed to post it here so PM me about it, if you like. :ok:

win98
12-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Are you sure you unzipped the game correctley?
Are you sure you mounted the right directory?
Are you sure you did both of the above?
Are you absolutley sure you did the above?
Are you absolutley positivley sure you did the above?
If it still does not work post back.
Cause I ani't gonna be able to help until the above has been preformed :ok: .

#BlakhOle#
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Ummm okay let me see... well there was alot of files, so idt be difficult to go through them all. I unzipped the game about 5 times, and it came up with a whole lot of thingys asking if i wanted to replace such and such with such and such, and i made two files, one that i said yes to all, and the other i cancelled them all, but they both came with the exact same screen as up there^. There was 2 application files, "abuse" which i got that screen from, and setup, which is just a sound setup, which works. Im sure I uizipped the game correctly, im sure i got the right directory, Im sure I did these, im absolutely sure, but im not absolutely positively sure I did the things above, because it still doesnt work. :cry: Please help im drowning in self-pity...

_r.u.s.s.
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
if you view abuse.lsp, you can see this

(if (not (load "lisp/common.lsp"))
* * (progn
* * * (print "Please make sure you unzipped the game with the -d option")
* * * (print "so that all directories get created properly.")* * *
* * * (print "example : pkunzip -d abusXXXX.zip")* * *
* * * (quit)))

so are you sure you have lisp/common.lsp there?

if yes, then you are doomed :D
i dont know, maybe corrupted file or the part of your disk where is game located

you can easily see that game can't find the file
you can try replacing previous message^ with this
(load "lisp/common.lsp")
be EXACT about cutting it from first to last symbol
so it wont be able to write you the error message xD
but it will probably write something about not finding common.lsp

troop18546
12-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Just DL Fraps from AR, which I uploaded there. It works fine and doesn't require Dosbox. :whistle:

#BlakhOle#
13-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Troops answer is easier to understand :) Sorry russ, thanks for trying though, whatever it is you said... :ok:

#BlakhOle#
14-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Sorry for the double post, but that didnt work either. :angry: I swear its got to be something in my PC not letting it through but i dont know what it is... :cry:

Eagle of Fire
14-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Did you try with a lower version of DOSBox? Like 0.63 and/or 0.61?

#BlakhOle#
14-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Nup. Have now though. Same thing...