PDA

View Full Version : Crashes In Ufo And Dune 2

JO
21-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone.Maybe someone can help. I have a 2.5 ghz running winxp,128mb nvidia
video card.When I'm playing Ufo defense(windows version),when it gets to landing the skyranger in perth,the program crashes hard.The window says"sorry UFO defense gold has suffered from a unrecoverable error,etc"
I also get a crash in Dune2,When I buy a radar outpost,the help window that shows what the unit does will not go away.The game locks up and I have to close it the hard way.
I kind of think these crashes are related to the video card,and are pretty much unfixable,but if anyone can help,I would appreciate it

Rogue
21-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Use DOSBox for both games. There is a link for DOS version of UFO, that will work in DOSBox. Same for Dune2.

21-02-2006, 01:57 PM
I'll try and see if it helps!

Eagle of Fire
21-02-2006, 05:47 PM
You will need the DOS version of UFO for DOSBox. You can get it from the download page of this site.

Jo
22-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I tried dos box w/d-fend.Both start up and play.Dune 2 play right.Ufo,when i play it windowed,if I send a unit to a terror area(e.g skyranger)itgets lost.The icon goes all over the screen and doesn't make it to the correct area.
I tries playing Ufo(window) in compatability mode.It worked past the area that it broke,but later,it crashed w/ the same message when my base was invaded.

Eagle of Fire
22-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Don't play windowed, always play fullscreen. Not only those games are made and meant to be played that way, but playing windowed always open the door to strange errors and crashes, not to talk about the increased CPU toll for having to resize everything to the window dimention.

jo
24-02-2006, 12:06 AM
o.k. will do.if I discover and more problems,I'll post.
John