PDA

View Full Version : Goblins 3

Kosta
11-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/52)

Danny252
15-05-2004, 07:53 AM
Didn't get the meaning of this.. made no sense..

Mad-E-Fact
16-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Danny252@May 15 2004, 07:53 AM
Didn't get the meaning of this.. made no sense..
It's a puzzle/adventure game. You solve the puzzles in a scene to continue to the next one. Requires some thinking though, as some of the puzzles are quite bizarre. ;) But it's fun nonetheless.

Iron_Scarecrow
17-12-2004, 06:05 AM
I think he didn't understand the story 'cause it appears there isn't one.

Mad-E-Fact
17-12-2004, 04:52 PM
I think the king has been kidnapped or something, or was that in one of the first 2 parts?

Iron_Scarecrow
18-12-2004, 12:18 AM
The first one a witch doctor made a doll of the king and was stabbing it with pins and so on. So you had to go and stop the evil dude. I don't know if that is correct since I never completed the game, but from the cutscene at the start I'm assuming thats the story.

But with third, it appears there isn't one. You just start off on the flying boat.

By the way I can't get off the boat. How do I get the Tooth?

mrpeenut24
22-12-2004, 08:46 AM
u get to the tooth by walking to the large hand at the front of the ship and jumping on it.

dumpling321
25-12-2004, 06:24 AM
has anyone read the underdogs review they say thes is worse than goblins 2 from all the goblins games i personally liked this game alot

Iron_Scarecrow
30-12-2004, 11:11 AM
How do you jump on the hand?

DonCorleone
04-02-2005, 03:01 PM
There´s still another game in the gobliiins universe, isn´t it?
It was called "The Schnibble" or something like that.... It had nearly the same kind of graphics, but was more adventurelike.

09-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact@Dec 17 2004, 05:52 PM
I think the king has been kidnapped or something, or was that in one of the first 2 parts?
Ok the main story of Goblins 3 is that the main character, Bount, (I believe that’s correct name but I can’t be sure) is a journalist that is traveling to interview the King or someone in the royal family. So Bount hitches a ride on a flying galleon and something happens to it that causes everyone jump ship. But Bount slept in and missed the last lifeboat off the ship leaving Bount and the captain’s pet parrot onboard. So after they off the ship Bount falls in love and gets bitten by a werewolf and so on and so forth.

Pietafon
07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 30 2004, 12:11 PM
How do you jump on the hand?

Yo must stand on the hand with the goblin (I've forgot his name :blink: ), then click on the parrot (also forot his name :crazy: ) and stand on the one of pedestals. That's it !
Whoaaa !! I've still got the original game on CD !! :w00t:
It's a pity that the "abandonia" version is ripped of movies and music. :cry:

Unknown Hero
29-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Does anybody know the name of parrot in this game? I forgot that one, and I need it in one quiz? Please help! :help:

A. J. Raffles
29-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Unknown Hero@May 29 2005, 12:44 AM
Does anybody know the name of parrot in this game? I forgot that one, and I need it in one quiz? Please help! :help:
I think it was Jeff, but I'm not entirely sure.

kOS
31-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Chump? you mean that weird green parrot ? it was Chump then :)

Xikarita
26-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know how to pass the second scenario? (the one with lots of soldiers)
I already got rid of 2 soldiers, but I don't know how to eliminate the rest.

Amayirot Akago
26-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Xikarita@Jul 26 2005, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know how to pass the second scenario? (the one with lots of soldiers)
I already got rid of 2 soldiers, but I don't know how to eliminate the rest.
Just experiment. That scene is simply based on pure experimentation with all the objects you have/find there.

I absolutely adore the Gobliiins series, though this one tends to get pretty difficult at times. Nonetheless, it has the same wacky style as the others, making it a fun experience all the way through.

By the way, someone mentioned this game came on CD with full speech? Is this true?

Doubler
26-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Gobliiins 3 was the only one I played, and finished. As I said before, I really like the good-evil intermingled theme. :D

@Xitara
Of the second level I only remember you had to use the golfclub a couple of times, the coin and the golfclub once and breadcrums (Made using a helmet, bread and the club) and the golfclub more then once. If I'm not mistaken you also had to use the umbrella to get behind one of the later ones too.

@Amayirot Akago
Does this version have the Yib-Yab stuf?

Xikarita
26-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Already passed that scenario, thanks.

13-12-2005, 02:59 AM
There IS a story to this game for those unenglightened souls out there. First of all, you wake up on a ship, you've been abandoned on it by its captain (who you meet later in the game to settle things up with). Furthermore, as things evolve, you have to fix the struggle between the king and the queen of the land (Xina and King Bodd). You do this by going on a quest to solve a maze (later in the game, lv.8-11 I think) which leads to further brainstorms as you have to complete alot to make it all end. At last, you end up (at the last level) at the evil and good gods, and have to affect them to make the land, kings/queens and so on happy again.

Other info:
You control Blount for the most of the time in this game.
Chump is your partner btw.
Wyonna is the girl Blount falls in love with at the 2nd level, and you control her later in the game.
Jeff is the little mouse trapped in a cage in the inn @ the countryside.
Wolfy is Blount when he looks into a moonstone and is turned into a werewolf.
Ooya is a small magician which is first encountered on lv.5 with Wyonna and the Fortress.
Fourballs is an evil thief that steals a precious key on lv.2.
Fulbert is another partner Blount gets. He grows him out of an egg on lv.6.

by bakkelun
www.dosspirit.net

pzzz
30-08-2006, 04:01 PM
...........................in the Chessboard, (Workshop) i cant give the horse to the knight in the big book,i paint the path with the brush,but the knight dont appear,its supposed to do something more to make him apear?or its maybe an error?pls someone help...ill be waiting........................................... ................................

29-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh I recall playing this game when I was a small kid. Good times..

10-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi there,
I remember the name of the fourth game in the Gobliiins row :
"Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth"
:)

Beanbiebklar
21-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes, I registered for this.

There is, indeed, a cd-rom edition of Goblins [Quest] 3 with full, occasionally unintelligible, unsubtitled, occasionally inaccurate audio dialogue. There are no credits listed for that, or the music, which is totally different from that of the easily obtainable non-cd version. I come here, today, in search of that music, after keeping quiet for too long.

I managed to preserve the CD music from the two preceding games (it's the same on both discs) but this one! It eludes me. If anyone could find a way of rendering such noises unto me, I would like that a great deal, even if I turn out to hate it. Otherwise, I'll just stay here and look stupid. I figure that's still easier than locating and buying the game again.

Muzozavr
10-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm stuck because of what I believe is a bug in alchemy lab.
I cannot put the ingredients into the mixer. The right hand DOES put it inside with a distinct animation... but the ingredient stays in the hand. The "Use COOKED SPAGHETTI on" doesn't vanish. I have to press the right mouse button to get rid of the phantom -- and sure enough, the item hops right out of the mixer to where it was!
Which means I can't make growixir.
Is it a bug? If yes, then how can I solve it? And if not, what did I miss?

_r.u.s.s.
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
actually the same thing happened to me, then i screwed it and never played further=/

Akira
11-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Whew, just finished this thing... it didn't start out so bad, but after a certain point I just couldn't get anywhere without a walkthrough/jokers (or maybe that's just my patience wearing out?)

It was pretty fun (when it wasn't being frustrating :laugh:), but I feel really cheated about the ending. Does this version cut anything out, or is this REALLY how the story ends??? I should have liked to see something other than just a newspaper page saying everything's oky day and Blount and Wynonna holding each other :notrust: ...even if it wasn't anything new, just a CUTSCENE of them holding each other would have been nice! :notrust:

sigma
20-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a problem at the chessboard level, I can't go to the storybook for some reason: the game crashes. Has anyone else got this problem?

bobson
21-08-2008, 05:41 PM
have you seen this:
-= G4 =- (http://www.gobliiins4.com/)

G is not abbreviation of Gothic :amused:

_r.u.s.s.
21-08-2008, 06:27 PM
wow! thanks for the links bob

QFGfan
15-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I have a problem at the chessboard level, I can't go to the storybook for some reason: the game crashes. Has anyone else got this problem?Yes. Don't know why though. Are there any patches for this game?

BranjoHello
31-08-2009, 04:12 PM
This one is little different that the first two but its still good.

Saccade
31-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Yes. Don't know why though. Are there any patches for this game?

It could be a memory issue that is causing this crash - you could try increasing the memory in Dosbox (or ScummVm, if you're using that).

Start => all => dosbox => dosbox.conf
It should open in notepad or something.

Search for the line, in the second section, that says: "memsize=[xxx]"
If this is set less than 32 or 64, raise it and see if that helps.

You can also try here:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000787.htm

It has a few fix suggestions and a link to help you start searching for the right patch.
I'll have a hunt for a patch, as there probably is one, but this should keep you busy in the meantime.
[ed]
It looks like you may be able to get a patch from Activision (http://www.activision.com/index.html#downloads|en_GB), though I haven't searched too deep as it's a flash site and my laptop is still chewing away at the homepage...

Of course, the other fix for this problem is "don't use the storybook when on the chessboard level".

Saccade
06-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Did I just dream that this game was supported by ScummVM..?

It'd be good to be able to carry this game around. The first one is great on a touch-screen, though I've had a few issues with massive graphical glitches and sometimes no sound.

I haven't seen the sequels, though I know the first Gobliiins is on ScummVM's supported page. But that doesn't mean they're not around.
That list isn't exhaustive, although it is more up to date than the OldWarez list...

PnT70
15-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I've played this game a lot when I was a kid, I loved it :thumbs:

The bad thing, I downloaded it some time ago (don't know where the CD is) and can't play it. :rant:
I'm using Windows Vista. I've checked a tutorial of DOS Box but I couldn't manage to play it.

Could any kind soul tell me what should I do? I'd REALLY appreciate it! :lust:

The Fifth Horseman
16-09-2009, 04:52 AM
Okay, how well do you understand using DOSBox?

bobson
16-09-2009, 10:45 AM
SCUMMvm is better for this game, as the sound in DOSbox is not always correct.

I'll check my Gobliiins saga for scumm-config files to run it correctly

PnT70
17-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Okay, how well do you understand using DOSBox?

I don't have any experience, I just downloaded it because I wanted to play Goblins 3. But I think I could handle it if I had some information about it.
I checked some tutorial but I had a problem in typing game directory, as I couldn't use "\" key. :oh:
Any tips?

SCUMMvm is better for this game, as the sound in DOSbox is not always correct.

I'll check my Gobliiins saga for scumm-config files to run it correctly

That would be nice, but does it need to be configured? I don't know anything about that program :(

bobson
17-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I'll be able to give you some more detail before this week will come to an end :)

PnT70
17-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I'll be able to give you some more detail before this week will come to an end :)

Ok, thanks :thumbs:

bobson
19-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I've found it and it looks like this:

.\ScummVM\scummvm.exe -f -ghq2x --path=.\Goblins3 gob3

first part is a path to where Scumm is installed (here, the scumm is placed in the same folder as the game - if it is not - You should replace the dot with proper path.
Example: C:\Program Files\ScummVM\scummvm.exe

I do not know what -f means, probably full screen, but I did not check that :noworry:

-ghq2x is a option to blur the pixels - the game will not look as the original, it will be more soft instead of pixelated (you can delete this part)

last part is a path to the actual game - same rules applies as in the first part - you need to show where the game is placed - if your .bat file is inside the game folder you should leave just --path=.\ if not - enter the correct path after --path=

If You do not know how to create a .bat file - just ask :)

Luchsen
20-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I had a problem in typing game directory, as I couldn't use "\" key. :oh:
Any tips?

Q: I can't type \ or : in DOSBox.
A: This can happen in various cases, like your host keyboard layout does not have a matching DOS layout representation (or it was not correctly detected), or the key mapping is wrong.
Some possible fixes:
1. Use / instead, or ALT-58 for : and ALT-92 for \.
2. Change the DOS keyboard layout (see Section 7: Keyboard Layout).
3. Add the commands you want to execute to the [autoexec]-section of the DOSBox configuration file.
4. Open the DOSBox configuration file and change the usescancodes entry.
5. Switch the keyboard layout of your operating system.

Note that if the host layout can not be identified, or keyboardlayout is set to none in the DOSBox configuration file, the standard US layout is used. In this configuration try the keys around "enter" for the key \ (backslash), and for the key : (colon) use shift and the keys between "enter" and "l".

PnT70
23-09-2009, 10:30 PM
@bob-satan
No, I don't know how to create one, could you help me? And by the way, where do I download SCUMMvm and how do I select that config?

@Luchsen

I will try that, maybe i'll be able to play.

Thank you guys. Sorry not to reply earlier, but have been a bit busy with other things :)

bobson
24-09-2009, 07:00 AM
I assume You are using Windows.

You need to click right mouse button inside the folder You want the file to be created and a menu will appear. Select NEW -> TEXT DOCUMENT and there will be a new text file in that folder.

Now You need to check do you see the whole name of this file with .TXT at the end of it. The three letters after dot is called extension. If you do not see it there is more to do. You need to go to menu in the top of the folder window TOOLS -> FOLDER OPTIONS -> VIEW (I'm using polish version of Windows so names can be little bit different) and You need to un-select option called: HIDE EXTENSIONS OF KNOWN FILES. Now OK, OK until this Window disappear and You are back inside the folder.

If everything went OK, you should now see a NEW TEXT DOCUMENT.TXT
Open it with notepad and insert text from one of my previous posts, save changes and close notepad. Click on it with right mouse button and CHANGE NAME to GOBLIINS.BAT. System will probably ask you about changing the extensions, and you say that you want it to be changed.

Now, you should notice that the file icon is a little changed and after opening the game should start if everything was correct inside :)

Frodo
23-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Now being sold at GOG (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/gobliiins_pack)

:rocks:

eugene425
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
...........................in the Chessboard, (Workshop) i cant give the horse to the knight in the big book,i paint the path with the brush,but the knight dont appear,its supposed to do something more to make him apear?or its maybe an error?pls someone help...ill be waiting........................................... ................................
You must call him another and give him the horse/
He sitting on her and turned to shevalier/
done:)