PDA

View Full Version : Every Self Respecting Retrogamer Needs This!

Maikel
25-09-2004, 03:34 PM
http://www.nesbuckle.com

http://www.nesbuckle.com/images/users_alex.jpg

then again.....maybe not :unsure:

Stobe
25-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Yeah... buy them and get beat up in school... ;) :whistle:

Maikel
25-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Those manufactors devastate a lot of perfectly good nes controllers...I still want a nes :(

Stobe
25-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Wasn't there a cartoon wich had a guy in a similar NESBUCKLE and that weard gun? And he was in some kind of nintendoworld?

I remember disliking it. :not_ok:

FreeFreddy
25-09-2004, 04:05 PM
If that buckle were some kind of MP3-player or like, then it would be cool... ;)

wormpaul
25-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Great idea..

only looks silly :not_ok:

Ioncannon
25-09-2004, 04:55 PM
pff what a piece of junk. Hmm freddy, you got me thinkin... maby I can rip the guts out of a nes controller, and a mp3, then put the mp3 into the controller. I will have to drill a few holes though.

FreeFreddy
25-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Hehe, good luck in succeeding then. ;)

Unknown Hero
25-09-2004, 10:17 PM
WTF???

What's this?

Stroggy
25-09-2004, 11:13 PM
ehm... no
it looks silly

mika
25-09-2004, 11:37 PM
So does the girl come as an "accessory" ;)

Red Diablo
26-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by mika@Sep 25 2004, 11:37 PM
So does the girl come as an "accessory" ;)
That must be it !
I couldn't figure out "what every self respecting retrogamer needs", but I think you got it there !

Couldn't be that piece of junk belt, must be the purdy girl ! :w00t:

Stroggy
26-09-2004, 07:29 AM
purdy?
If she comes with the belt I'm CERTAIN I don't want it.
are you all blind? she's ugly!

she's a mix between an anime character and a scullery maid in Yorkshire

FreeFreddy
26-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Stroggy@Sep 26 2004, 09:29 AM
purdy?
If she comes with the belt I'm CERTAIN I don't want it.
are you all blind? she's ugly!

she's a mix between an anime character and a scullery maid in Yorkshire
Actually, this is where I have to agree. She is rather boring. B)

Red Diablo
26-09-2004, 07:37 AM
*polishes glasses*

Aah Yorkshire.. lovin it... B)

Havell
26-09-2004, 11:26 AM
:blink:

Has anyone actually BEEN on this site? Those things cost US$30! You could buy an entire NES for less than that!

FreeFreddy
26-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by R Havell@Sep 26 2004, 01:26 PM
:blink:

Has anyone actually BEEN on this site?* Those things cost US$30!* You could buy an entire NES for less than that!
That's called businnes... :P
Actually, there's no sense in buying a NES-console today, if you're able to find a working one at all. Just think of ROM's and emulators and the possibility to play the NES-games on PC. ;)

aaberg
26-09-2004, 12:38 PM
It is not the same to play Nintendo on your PC with a keyboard, than on a real NES and a TV. I still have my old NES, and it's still working. It's been a while since I have played on it, though.

FreeFreddy
26-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Well, that depends on the emulator that you would use. Jnes, for example can display games in full screen and little washed out (insharp) just like on TV. With a big monitor that looks good enough. I played Wizards & Warriors 2 and 3 earlier on NES and TV. Now playing them on PC is same fun like on the NES for me. <_<
And with that, let's return to the theme of the topic again. ;)

Maikel
26-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Sep 26 2004, 01:25 PM
Well, that depends on the emulator that you would use. Jnes, for example can display games in full screen and little washed out (insharp) just like on TV. With a big monitor that looks good enough. I played Wizards & Warriors 2 and 3 earlier on NES and TV. Now playing them on PC is same fun like on the NES for me. <_<
And with that, let's return to the theme of the topic again. ;)
It's not about being unsharp or anything. it's the charm to play those old games together with a friend with the consoles sitting laidback on the couch.. together cramped at a keyboard with a emulator just doesn't live up to it :)

Puffin
27-09-2004, 07:04 AM
This buckle is... well.... interesting :P
Although I wouldn't wear it. Doesn't fit my Nike's ;)

Maikel
27-09-2004, 07:43 AM
I doubt it will fit with anything :D

Spaceball
27-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Playing NES on the Computer Screen. HMMM lets compare. My Sony Trinitron has a viewable diagonal screen of 70cm and a 19" Computerscreen has something about 48cm. I can connect the NES with my Surround Device if I have the right cable, I have the right cable :D. The Emulator means to turn on the PC surround boxes, if you have. The NES has a nice Pad, some might use it as a belt buckle. There are also some nice Joysticks and other Pads ready to use, if you have them. The PC offer you a Keyboard or whatever you connect on it. The NES neads Cardrdiges, nice and grey they are. Sometimes hard to get. Sometimes genuine with recycling Paper Box. The Computer offers you every single game, usually, as illegal download. Playing on a real NES means Style, the Emulator is just a peace of Software.

Clear Winner: NES with 70cm Sony TV!

Why the Hell does someone kill genuine NES Pads for stupid looking belt buckles???

cu, Spaceball

Red Diablo
27-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Spaceball@Sep 27 2004, 12:54 PM
"I can connect the NES with my Surround Device"
Connect it to your sorround sound !?! :wacko:

What the hell kind of sick pervert are you anyway ?!? :D :bleh: :D

Spaceball
27-09-2004, 01:34 PM
If the signal is mono, as it is, it doesn't matter that my surround device is able to get the signal. It does not mean that I will have surround sound. But the sound seems to be much better from the surround device, even its mono sound, than from the tv speakers.

Yes I am pervert, I use my old Hardware and not those modernish Emulators. :sneaky:

cu, Spaceball

FreeFreddy
27-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Well, as your cartridges may become damaged over the time, as the NES itself may also, where do you think you'll get replacements? :rolleyes:
You mostly cannot buy NES-consoles today anymore and even then they would just last pair of months before giving their soul up again in which case you'll have to look after new one again. Same with cartridges. And what you'll do when the cartridge of your favourite NES game is broken and you cannot find just this game cartridge sold anywhere anymore?
The only possible way then would be an emulator and the ROM, right? ;)

Spaceball
27-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Well Nintendo and Sega Consoles are much better than most people think. I have a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) were the elektronics have rust, it still works. Why should a NES give up after a couple of months? The Atari VCS / 2600 scene uses 25 years old hardware. When a Atari VCS can last at least 25 years than I think my NESes will make it fine. The broken Cardridges aren't the big problem. There are enough stores around who deal with acient Nintendo stuff. I often see old Nintendo stuff at fleamarkets and on Ebay. Its just a question of time and money. ;)

So I have some time bevore I have to use the emulator.

cu, Spaceball

Gilato
27-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Actually if you have an original NES, all you need to fix it is one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8134807410&rd=1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41045&item=8134807410&rd=1)

its a '72 pin connector'. Usually when you get that blinking screen when you load up a nes game, its because the original '72 pin connector' is old and worn. You replace it with a new one and the NES is pretty much brand new!!

And they sell a ton of them on e-bay.

My buddy replaced his and its like he just bought a brand new NES. No more blinking screen :ok:

Maikel
28-09-2004, 07:26 AM
Nice info Gilato! :ok:

FreeFreddy
28-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey, if my nefhew still would have his NES now, that would fix it... <_<
He threw it away after the pin connector became old and above mentioned problems began to appear... :rolleyes:

Gilato
28-09-2004, 10:01 AM
No problem.

Glad to be of some help :)