PDA

View Full Version : Laptop: Game Partially Off-screen (albion)

greywolf83
28-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I've been reading through the Albion game topic looking for a solution to my problem, and noticed other also had it.

Upon loading Albion (I'm guessing it also happens on other games) it loads fine but the game, from menu to gameplay is partially off screen. You can't read text completely, and basically makes the game unplayable. I'm thinking this has to do with my 1600x1200 UXGA screen being unable to do 640x480 (i think 800x600 is the minimum.) I have an Nvidia GeForce 4 Go. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I tried the option in my video drivers that lets you basically keep it at 1600x1200 but scale down smaller resolutions so its only a little bit of the screen, but I still had the same problem.

HELP!

dmacdonald95
01-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Can you check your BIOS? My BIOS on my laptop has an option to "Not Stretch Screen". This will make it so things in 640x480 will actually take up 640x480 on screen, as opposed to being stretched to the screen. If you have it, try toggling it and see if it has any effect. Also: What's the model of your laptop?

greywolf83
01-12-2005, 02:45 AM
I have a dell inspiron 5150 with a 1600x1200 UXGA screen.

I have an option, but it only applies pre-boot according to the bios setting description. So the XP boot up logo and stuff are scaled down now, instead of stretching out. It says that the OS will take over aspect scaling, and there is an Nvidia driver setting that also allows me to not upscale the display and keep it in it's native resolution. All that does is show the game smaller with most of the screen blank but still part of it is off-screen.

I have an Nvidia Geforce4 Go and I've dinked around with settings but still haven't found anything. Strangely, on another monitor (via my monitor out), the issue disappears. Wierd huh?